Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) (33158 Views)

Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Brian47(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2022
Oh Pocahontas please let me be your John Smith cry so you can take care of me and spoil me with all these delicious tongue looking delicacies embarassed
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by dejavuh0007(m): 7:34am On Feb 23, 2022
Coe leg that used to be sold for 450-500 is what is sold #2400 now. And this one even small compared to those ones.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by ButterBurger: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2022
The unshelled periwinkle don spoil the soup. I once ate the meal but twas kinda difficult with the periwinkle.
It doesn't make sense trying to suck the stuff outta the shell, where I come from, they shell is thrown away and not cooked with soup.
What if it's swallowed by mistake.
People in some tribes will just think of a soup and cook it without considerations,
You can't even chew your food well

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by MoneyTrees(m): 7:37am On Feb 23, 2022
pocohantas:
NL keeps destroying picture quality embarassed

PREPARATION

Pic 1: I bought this cow leg @ N2400. I hope that was a good bargain. embarassed

Pic 2: Cut periwinkles. If you don’t cut it, you can’t suck it out.

Pic 3: Yellow scotch bonnet. Flavourful and spicy.

Pic 4: Stockfish and smoked panla.

Shooting my shot at OP is like Nigeria running to Russia just to be freed from the London Slavery.
She's got soft hands and can cook
How about after eating is it gonna be House on Fire season continues cheesy
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Aksnoopy: 7:40am On Feb 23, 2022
Before opening this thread, I already know it's you pocochantas.
I was wondering why you've not posted any Nigerian recipe this year.
I definitely would to have a taste of your sumptuous meal someday hopefully. cool

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by tempest01(m): 7:40am On Feb 23, 2022
Where is the afang leave?
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 7:42am On Feb 23, 2022
cashmyles:
I'm salivating!! You're indeed a wife material grin
You no see her long fingers

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2022
chymeze:
You tried sha but I'd generously give you 6/10 as an Ibibio man who has been cooking afang since the age of 10yrs

Ibibio people always say this, but then do nothing differently. I learned from my Efik friend.

kenny714433:
angryIt's time to ban everyone not from Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers descent from cooking Afang soup.

Like, the soup keeps getting low everyday. How do you use unshelled periwinkle to cook a whole celebrated Afang Soup? Do you think we are talking about melon or draw soup?

Maybe you have eye problems sha. Or your hands move faster than your ability to read and understand. You can’t even take some minutes to read, just chuchuchu. cheesy

tempest01:
Where is the afang leave?

You go soon ask me where the pot dey.

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by learnedJAMES(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2022
I am salivating already, I look the nice look and rich taste of afang soup.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by learnedJAMES(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2022
I am salivating already, I love the nice look and rich taste of afang soup.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by madukaanaya(m): 7:46am On Feb 23, 2022
poco baby come to daddy
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by TheKingsmann(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Dis attention seeker dey look for Nairaland horseband angry

4 Likes

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Mykelslim: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Afang soup any day grin
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2022
Mariangeles:

Olounje! cheesy
mechieonu

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by edochie12: 7:50am On Feb 23, 2022
Onugbu soup is the best any day any time
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Moneyboyz: 7:50am On Feb 23, 2022
Oya come and be my second wife.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by tempest01(m): 7:51am On Feb 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Ibibio people always say this, but then do nothing differently. I learned from my Efik friend.

Maybe you have eye problems sha. Or your hands move faster than your ability to read and understand. You can’t even take some minutes to read, just chuchuchu. cheesy

You go soon ask me where the pot dey.

Someone rightfully graded you 6/10. Chop the waterleaf better next time. Add more afang leave and make sure it is grinded or pounded after being cut (there is a special folding and cutting technique.)

Also it isn't sacrilege to use unshelled periwinkle. The only soup I can think of that there is slight affinity to shelled periwinkle is okro.

3 Likes

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Chinehz(f): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2022
kenny714433:
angry

It's time to ban everyone not from Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers descent from cooking Afang soup.

Like, the soup keeps getting low everyday. How do you use unshelled periwinkle to cook a whole celebrated Afang Soup? Do you think we are talking about melon or draw soup?

Whatsoever you mean by Yellow scotch bonnet, I and fellow Akwa Ibommites and Cross Riveranians can swear that that's strange.

The Afang getting bitter is as a result of not pounding it correctly if you are using mortar and pestle. The darker afang leaves found in the wild (bush) even gives better aroma and taste.

That was how I ate onion and ginger in Afang when I visited Rivers state. Ah ah!
grin grin grin grin grin
e choke grin grin grin
Super funny
But wait ooh.... which one is onion and ginger in afang soup again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Dreytonisback(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2022
Senomii:
Omo hanty see as your skin just fresh like gibsco bread and rich newborn baby yansh

Poor new born baby yansh no fresh ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by cardoctor(m): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2022
Im tasting it already.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2022
tempest01:

Someone rightfully graded you 6/10. Chop the waterleaf better next time. Add more afang leave and make sure it is grinder or pounded after being cut (there is a special folding and cutting technique.)

Add more afang to where? You didn’t even see the afang I added to know the quantity or is it was grounded. Of course it was grounded. And NO, I wouldn’t add more next time.

I admit I was lazy to chop this waterleaf finely, but you can always get away with that as waterleaf melts. tongue tongue

Also it isn't sacrilege to use shelled periwinkle. The only soup I can think of that there is slight affinity to unshelled periwinkle is okro.

Yes it is considered a sacrilege by Ibibios/Efik. One of you has already rushed to say it.

“Chop the waterleaf”
“Grind the afang”
“Yenyenyen”

Is this afang sliced? Rest jare. I have eaten a lot of your afangs and I dare say many of you can’t even cook it. Except those that can cook!

6 Likes

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by tempest01(m): 7:58am On Feb 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Add more afang to where? You didn’t even see the afant I added to know the quantity or is it was grounded. Of course it was grounded. And NO, I wouldn’t add more next time.

I admit I was lazy to chop this waterleaf finely, but you can always get away with that as waterleaf melts. tongue tongue

No be fight. I can see the final product and can tell.
Any Ibibio/Efik person will tell. Good try though.
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by omoyankee3(m): 7:59am On Feb 23, 2022
chai... tongue

All those wey wan marry oyinbo wife...forget this kain soup. Be ready for lifetime of mede mede
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by dvkot(m): 8:00am On Feb 23, 2022
Pocohantas instead of you to say yellow pepper that we know you saying scotch bonnet.. Una funny games
I'll go to market and be looking for Scott bons

2 Likes

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Chinehz(f): 8:00am On Feb 23, 2022
Afang soup my best with enough oil smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Dreytonisback:

Poor new born baby yansh no fresh ? grin
Na craw craw full am

1 Like

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by DropsMic(m): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2022
pocohantas:
NL keeps destroying picture quality embarassed

PREPARATION

Pic 1: I bought this cow leg @ N2400. I hope that was a good bargain. embarassed

Pic 2: Cut periwinkles. If you don’t cut it, you can’t suck it out.

Pic 3: Yellow scotch bonnet. Flavourful and spicy.

Pic 4: Stockfish and smoked panla.

Love your palm

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Dreytonisback(m): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2022
Senomii:

Na craw craw full am

Funny dude, no be all Sha
Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by We4all: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
Senomii:
Omo hanty see as your skin just fresh like gibsco bread and rich newborn baby yansh

Before I read your comment, I knew someone was going to admire the hand. Nairalanders don’t disappoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) by Perfecttouchade: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
Ahaaa e wa chop o cheesy wey the eba, bring the eba bring the eba , oya aboki give me maltina wey don dey jail cold one cheesy faaji galore @pocohantas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Food: Who Would You Visit? (pic) / Christmas Day Rice About To Go Down, Check Out The Onions I Bought For #100 / See The $400 Baby Cake That Got Everyone Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.