Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54523 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by delman88(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
LikeAking:
LIES!

What Lies Seems you don't know the new oil money in Nigeria is IT remote jobs (ask peeps working with Gigmos or UPworks.... Not to talk of CrossOver).... Stop being ignorant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

The man wrote 1.5million, not 5m. Please check again. 5 million naira is more than £6,600.

!
I randomly wrote that figure, I was trying to say even 10million naira monthly is better than 15k pounds before tax, over there
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Lightway: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
BritishNaija:

Please come to Uk, I'm tech too and have been in Europe even since, Did not know your salary was after tax before i made the first reply.
What tech do you do
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by OChimex: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements

The reasons that will make you go for UK is, security, amenities, good living and future and more opportunities...

But the truth be told, with 1.5 million a month here in nigeria you will be living like a king here than you would with 4k Pounds in UK. You will still be struggling.....

My personal person wey dey US dey earn 8k a month, if you see his debt, you go shock.

He still works like jacki....

Now if your dream is to live like a king, stay in naija but if say naija don tire you sake of say, security, amenities, good living, opportunities, and a secure future no dey, then run go UK
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tosinhtml: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
qtguru:

I was reading the post and was like this guy is on point till I saw the name, Guy I swear Nigeria no be am, I don blow money on fuel and servicing gen. But luckily there are a lot of Remote contract work as long as the dev is good and dependable compared to our time.

People are saying he is a mod, i didn't even know who the OP is.

Nigeria is a funny place, you have to do every thing all by yourself.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by dagdag: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
monfizzy:

I agree with your first paragraph but the second paragraph isn’t true. I’m a U.K. resident and I know of two persons resident in Nigeria, one a friend and another an acquaintance, who are into online tech jobs and earning over £5k a month each. They do freelance tech jobs with multinational companies in the U.K., US and Australia. So his offer is a possibility but the after tax part was either fabricated or sugar-coated.

Guy
Let’s connect abeg
I get small gist
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
seunayantokun:

If you're real, please move. £4000 after tax? How many people do you think make that in the UK? Don't you pay bills here in Nigeria? In this country, if you don't pay those obnoxious bills in a way, you do in so many others.
[/s] Shut the fvck up. Nigerians don't pay taxes ,but over here, we do that all day ,every fvcking day, and you know why ? Because the system is built to keep the rich in check while the poor remain average. And that's something that eats very deep into your savings and earning potential , especially if you're a middle-income earner .

But besides all this , when was the last time you took into account things like electricity bills, community tax and other services that are paid in the UK ? Have you thought about that on 4k pounds ? Please do that before sending me more ludicrous statements
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pokerface1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nice one bro, but am working, can I still learn one of these while I still work ?
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by thecommunist(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Go for the 4k in the UK. You should be able to save 2k after paying your bills every month if you live within your means.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by avalon7(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

I randomly wrote that figure, I was trying to say even 10million naira monthly is better than 15k pounds before tax, over there

Lol are you saying 10 million naira is better than £ 120,000 annually in the uk? You must really love this country

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Snitch24(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
To me I think it's stupid bringing topics like this here you're making more money boh ways
Na until person tell you ?
I smell alot of lies though
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

No age barriers bro

The Tech space is free for all
You just have to be willing and be ready to put in the work
Ok, thanks bro.
But does it require a background is the sciences?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by berbs: 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

Heeyah.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by dagdag: 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

OP
Let’s connect abeg
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Pokerface1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
Enter UK bro and take the offer, you won't regret it
engrrichie92 :

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cocolacec(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
CryptoClub2018:

Bro,can you help me with some funds so I could clear some debt? I'm really in trouble at the moment
What concerns a total stranger with your debts,dont you have relatives to help you?Entitlement mentality is nauseating sometimes.
No one owes you anything except your family and the Govt.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by sunboy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

4k after tax is big!
Plus you’re in Tech, in 6 months time if you have to move on to another company you will never get anything less.
Jump on it quick quick!!!

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Truth234(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

When I opened the thread
The focus was to get insights from people already there like you

I initially thought this would be an easy decision...but man it's not

The job is good but ensure it is guaranteed for at least a year no matter what. I don't know what IT niche you are but if they could go the extra mile to bring you over, it means you are in-demand niche. The one year is to ensure you have the necessary UK experience and familiarise yourself with the terrain so you can move one easily. It is a good offer.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by LastProphet: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
You dey craze? Is the answer not obvious?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ucee64(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

That is a different thing. You are probably a content creator. That is not a salaried tech job.
yes I'm a content creator
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
ucee64:
lol see you google paid me 1.4 million yesterday ,bro money dey online if you know you know.keep doubting bro
Is Google a Nigerian company?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Slurity(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Think beyond just the money, think about your future, there is no future in Nigeria even if you earn 10m monthly, future for your next generation. Job security, live security and a system that works. I really need an opportunity like like this. I am an Animal scientists with vast experience and I currently managed fairly big company in agribusiness line. Both first and second degree in reputable university in ninja here. I am ready to fund my move. Kindly help a me if you can. I can wait for many years for your call but I will keep hoping you will reach out for me 1 day. Good luck bro
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
Truth234:

I just hope you realise how you sound with this kind of attack. The OP asked a valid question, coming from someone that spent 11 years abroad. Abandoning everything you know and a life envied by most for a country where you have no family or friends is not an easy thing to do. He can lose that job in a few months if global uncertainty and risk continue to rise due to ongoing war in Eastern Europe.

If he loses his job in Nigeria. He has family and networks that could plug him in fast. Abroad he will need a work permit and ensure he always has one or he go see wen.

Most people saying Japa, have never lived that life.
You are typing rubbish. He didn't write other kinds of jobs, but tech. How many tech guys have lost their jobs in the UK the way you say it? Do not say what you do not know.

More so, Tech boys have max of 5 years to become British citizens. They cross from one job to another. Tech boys know they must be updated. So, they learn new things. This is why they are valuable. Oga, it's not govt useless appointees.

Do you know the number of tech boys who have abandoned Naija?

Let me even tell you...go to the following companies in Naija...McKinsey, Akintola-Delloite, KPMG, etc...these are the best places to work...go there and see how boys are using their platforms to cut out of Naija. Those companies are tired now sef. Boys have turned them to training grounds. Lol.

Una go just die here in naija. A dey always laugh at the ignorance level of many.

Sorry, a no dey insult you...just telling you the fact.

Let me shock you...so, is boys into affiliate programs, cryptocurrency, blockchain, etc who will want to stay? I bet you don't even know what they pass through daily operating from Naija. Na 8am to 6pm job you dey do. I do blame you na. Make you no go buckle up and get informed. Oga, you still be analog. reality go soon appear in your korokoro eyes.

Lastly, I didn't attack him, I only stated the fact. You are just the fulfillment of my post that NL dey use people like you catch cruise and drive traffic. You better go educate yourself and stop making a fool of yourself online. grin

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
avalon7:

Lol are you saying 10 million naira is better than £ 120,000 annually in the uk? You must really love this country
Until you guys understand how lucky you all are to be living and breathing "debt" free your types would never understand

Besides wetin be $120k yearly? I know guys wey dey wire fraud that money dey blow am every week for dubai
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Benwems(m): 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mcslize:

1k pounds for feeding per month? Is he feeding the whole country?

That’s the reason I said feeding and miscellaneous. Any unforeseen circumstances
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by philcz(m): 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

In a similar situation
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by umarwy(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

4k after tax is a lot

what i advice you to do is create a budget
What part of UK are you moving to? use rightmove.co.uk to check what the monthly rent looks like for a suitable accomodation.
If you cook estimate 150£/month for feeding
Council tax energy bills water internet 400£/month very generous estimate

etc etc.

if your are purely looking at wages its a numbers game.

but you can look at other factors as well
healthcare
security
career progression oppurtunity etc

try to make a pro and cons table it should aid you in making a decision.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

What's the average monthly salary in the UK?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
delman88:

What Lies Seems you don't know the new oil money in Nigeria is IT remote jobs (ask peeps working with Gigmos or UPworks.... Not to talk of CrossOver).... Stop being ignorant
What is the specific job we are discussing on this thread ? What kind of job exactly?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

There is a way that seems right to a man but the end is destruction so says the scripture.

If I were you I will seek God's guidance not man's.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

£4k monthly AFTER TAX is a massive massive amount of money in the UK. You will be very comfortable and would be better off than if not over 80% of 9-5 workers in the UK.

Even if the £4k were before tax, you would still be better off than over 50% of UK 9-5 workers.

What exactly is N1.5m in Nigeria? There's no basis for that sort of comparison at allm
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
sgtponzihater1:

What's the average monthly salary in the UK?
[/s] Just ask Google and stop being stupid for once in your life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.