Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54520 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by damosky12(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements

Brother. Just follow your heart.

If you are sure of your employers in the UK, you can move. £4000 is just fair enough. Just keep off London.

But, in the long run, if you have a plan to not work under a firm forever and actually build something for yourself, I won't advise you go... Nigeria is your best bet in that case. 1.5 million is something more substantial here. But it'll depend on your plans and dreams.

Also know that most of these japa brouhaha are emotionally fueled. Most of those fueling it have never been outside this country before. They don't know what's up.

Going can be good. Staying also owes some good potential... If you pray, pray about this...

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

There is no "easiest"
And I think you just started on a wrong foot...

Every path up there just like every other good thing in life requires hard work and serious dedication ...

Look through...pick one and be ready to do the work

I think you are just making it worse. What kind of techie advises an individual whose background they dont know to 'look through...pick one' cheesy. Is it gambling, miniminimanimo or kalokalo?

You should be telling the person to consider what their background is. Are they technically minded? Any exposure to programming? Their people skills, knowledge of SDLC e.t.c. It is only after that that a person can make a holistic decision about what area in 'tech' they'd like to go into.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by watersideboys: 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
This niggah dey lie. People talk trash just to make a simple front page
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Popemax(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
I earn 2k pounds and still rich if I come back to Nigeria...don't know what you're thinking �

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Uchedizzy(f): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax) were una dey see all this jobs for this najia

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!
Sorry, but this question may sound foooooolish, but I know why. At what age is it nolonger advisable proper to delve into tech? Also, is it compulsory that one must have science background?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lexy2014: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

I am on d same page with u that d story is made up. Am not privy to these details & facts u presented, but it's strange that a Nigerian will be asking if N1.5m salary in Nigeria is better than £4k in d UK
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Mcslize: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Benwems:

Nigerian does migrating earn less than 4k pounds after tax. Yet, they save and do other things.
He should budget 800 pounds for 2 bedroom per month outside London
200 pounds for utilities and internet per month. thats 1k pounds in total for utilities and rent.
Another 1k pounds for feeding and miscellaneous per Month. that's 2K per month in total.

He should be able to saving atleast 1k pounds every month. That's amount about 850 thousand naira every month.

1k pounds for feeding per month? Is he feeding the whole country?

3 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

If you don't live in the UK, don't say this shit outside.
I live in a 2bedroom flat here, my rent and all bills inclusive is not more than £1000 monthly.
You can't spend more than £350 a month no matter wat you are eating.
So he has more than £2500 as savings which is more than the #1.5m he earns monthly in Nigeria.
Abi na better Healthcare and environment.
Don't be fooles by the rubbish ppl say about tax and bills in the UK

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by damosky12(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Popemax:
I earn 2k pounds and still rich if I come back to Nigeria...don't know what you're thinking �

2k pounds in which country abeg?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by watersideboys: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

Earning 5million in naija is better than earning 4k pounds in UK, I have cousins who were living like a rich upper class family in naija their dad was working in uk from naija but ever since they moved to the UK, they've been struggling to pay bills and it's been more than 5 yrs now they're still living from hand to mouth in the UK, unlike when they were here they were living in big men quarters

You dey lie sef
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by jesmond3945: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

if you live in north of England. You would enjoy soteh you would get tired. You know why you will buy a house easily, you would buy the latest car easily. All and all 4k pounds is a good pay in uk.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

bro I will advise you to go for UK if you're still u35, just to secure the best future for your kids.
But shey I fit see atal make I use am hold body today since work no deh these days..
I install CCTV. Thanks in advance
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
ibechris:

This abroad mentality is killing u guys.
Shey them say,heaven help those who help themselves.
That guy na deranged, frustrated and hungry man wey go prefer to lick abroad toilet than accept a 5million naira job

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by bigpicture001: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Roseey0:
Let me ask my first child cry Went into labour at 28weeks and had her prematurely, the doctors and every other person were lost as to how they could help us. She was beautiful kiss, breathing like a champ till they took her away. There was nothing they could do. She came too early and unexpected cry God rest her soul

If this happened in the UK, do you think we would have had a better chance?

If you still don't get it....stay here
All the best

Come out from that village of urs... Alot of even local hospital Handle premature Birth here in Nigeria
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Jaqenhghar: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Can you prove the lies ? If yes, do so. If not stay in poverty
So because someone doesnt believe you he is automatically living in poverty.
Meanwhile the 1.5 m you are braying about cant buy you a 2nd hand car

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Btruth:
how do you mean?

Let me tell you one thing, except he's living in a village in Derbyshire, he'll most likely live in a small flat whilst spending 1k pounds on that alone.

Car - 300 pounds a month

Phone, broadband, Netflix - 180

Council tax - 200

Electricity - 120

That's already 1800 pounds without even paying for fuel and clothes and feeding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by jesmond3945: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power
bad advice. 4k after tax is big money in uk. Professors dont earn that much.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AutoC: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

4k pounds all the way from naija....Iro nla ...hahahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
cosmatika:

If you don't leave in the UK, don't say this shit outside.
I live in a 2bedroom flat here, my rent and all bills inclusive is not more than £1000 monthly.
You can't spend more than £350 a month no matter wat you are eating.
So he has more than £2500 as savings which is more than the #1.5m he earns monthly in Nigeria.
Abi na better Healthcare and environment.
Don't be fooles by the rubbish ppl say about tax and bills in the UK
[/s] You don't have a family and other social responsibilities so you're not a fucking position to say anything on this matter
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by fineberry(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Is that money commesorate to our money. Op abeg move and Leave this country jare.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

UK would have been nice but, considering the Ukraine vs Russia, it might affect your work over there for now I will advise you stick to naija pay and watch out for the war over there...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ensamy(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Your children has no future in Nigeria and also quality education for the children. So UK
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by wonder233: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't mind all these Japa-obssessed Nigerians creating fantasy stories to fuel their delusions
pappilo:

Liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by avalon7(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Toks2008:

very true.

He said 4k after tax so lets say he pays high tax of 40% since he will be earning over 50k per annum i guess that will come to about £5500 a month which is about £90k a year.

But right now the highest tech salary is within the range of £65k a year.

You are obviously not into tech. Some entry level position in tech pay that amount.

So this story is lamba.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Sterope(f): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't mind these peopt. 4k is a lot of money. Go for it biko.
engrrichie92:

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
chiedozie198100:
I hope those telling you to japa know that in Uk it's 48,000 pounds per annum AS against 18, million naira in nigeria.

compare cost of living in the UK to Naija.
compare how much you'll use to 'settle' naija folks
when you get married do you think 48,000 pounds can carry u n ur family.

18M in naija is a super big boy status any day any time. u can build a portable house n buy a good car n still ball out well just in one year with 18M.

18m to build a better house, buy a better car and still balls wella
Only som1 who's on Oshodi weed can say this

look before you leap oo.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GodisFirst: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
I believe you are below 40 yrs and still single, so I will suggest that you take the UK offer, give it a trial, develop yourself and skills more and grow from there to better offers. When you see that it isn't worth it, don't hesitate to return asap and setup something based on what you have acquired. Your UK exposure could be an added advantage to get better offers in other parts of the world. Just be focused and determined.
Good luck to you

3 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by avalon7(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Toks2008:

very true.

He said 4k after tax so lets say he pays high tax of 40% since he will be earning over 50k per annum i guess that will come to about £5500 a month which is about £90k a year.

But right now the highest tech salary is within the range of £65k a year.

So this story is lamba.

You are obviously not into tech. Some entry level position in tech pay that amount.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
Popemax:

It's a made up story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.