Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me (86497 Views)

Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls / If You See These Guys With Your Girlfriend What Would You Do(photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Aaay: 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
Oh
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Playermayweda(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jennyclay:
Take it OR leave it... Everybody can't be current about what is happening in Ukraine just like you.

You did a good job by enlightening her. Now that she has learnt something, if she come across group of people discussing it, she would have something to say.

That's how we learn in life. Nobody knows it all.

She's not dumb and why must you bring your private issues to social media.

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Modified: For those of you quoting me, saying the girl is dumb for not knowing Ukraine.

But if a white girl tells you to your black face that she haven't heard of the word Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa, I'm 100% sure you people will clap for her, Infact you would go as far as even mocking your own country and other...

Like I said earlier in my comment... Take it OR Leave it. She is not dumb and I'm not forcing it down your throat like fufu.

But you guys should stop your hypocrisy okay!

Nonsense!!!

Be like say u and that girl dey share the same brain undecided undecided
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by KauntantJoyce(f): 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2022
That's impossible
Baawaa:
65% of Nigerians don't know what is going on in Ukraine
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Barbiedollz(f): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
kyber:
I asked my girlfriend what is happening in Ukraine and this is what she told me (pictures)

She told me she doesn’t know and
what is the meaning of Ukraine ?

I laughed so hard ehn and I was like really?

Was she just playing dumb or what?

What do you think?

And this girl will be somewhere thinking you love her. You already laughed so hard at her so you brought the matter public for us to laugh too and shame her for not knowing Ukraine? I can't believe this. You brought your girlfriend to the public to ask people's opinion about her intelligence? My dear please just go home and break up with that girl. You don't love her. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by jomarick(m): 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jennyclay:
Take it OR leave it... Everybody can't be current about what is happening in Ukraine just like you.

You did a good job by enlightening her. Now that she has learnt something, if she come across group of people discussing it, she would have something to say.

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Modified: For those of you quoting me, saying the girl is dumb for not knowing Ukraine.

But if a white girl tells you to your black face that she haven't heard of the word Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa, I'm 100% sure you people will clap for her, Infact you would go as far as even mocking your own country and other...

Like I said earlier in my comment... Take it OR Leave it. She is not dumb and I'm not forcing it down your throat like fufu.

Nonsense!!!
I agree with u on the modified but to be honest most 9ja gals are only about instangram,Snapchat. I ones talked to a girl about Sanwo-Olu and she told me she's doesn't know him, this is someone that spends her whole life in Lagos.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by ACE1010: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Baawaa:
65% of Nigerians don't know what is going on in Ukraine

How would they know when hunger and frustration have bastardised the average Nigerian
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by genitori(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jennyclay:

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Nonsense!!!

Nice talk
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by genitori(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
kyber:
I asked my girlfriend what is happening in Ukraine and this is what she told me (pictures)

She told me she doesn’t know and
what is the meaning of Ukraine ?

I laughed so hard ehn and I was like really?

Was she just playing dumb or what?

What do you think?

So what should we do?
Should we celebrate you ?
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by kingPhidel(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Dey don come grin
Vyolet:

Lol, the fact that you think knowing this impact makes you smart is enough reason to call you dumb.
Do you know how ignorant you would look when you are in the midst of people discussing fashion or movie production, or things you generally don’t have interest in?
lol if all you could imagine in your mediocre mind is that I’m am not versatile in all facets then you gerrit wrong. First of all I said “most of” not all of your gender. grin anyways you self know your gender; they paid attention to fashion, movies and entertainment just like you said grin so automatically you’ve answered us.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Johnwick64: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jennyclay:

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Nonsense!!!
smartest man on naira land. Oboy u deserve this thousands of like. I think that's a business record. See the number of likes sef
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by izubext007: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
She dull
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Valtteri: 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jennyclay:

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Nonsense!!!

You deserve a cold bottle of chapman with pizza!!!!
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Lebee4(m): 12:28am On Feb 28, 2022
Jennyclay:

Yeye boyfriend!!!

Ask most commentators here to tell you the full meaning of the abbreviation, NATO.

Nonsense!!!
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by thecommunist(m): 1:29am On Feb 28, 2022
Also ask an average European what's happening in Nothern Nigeria and boko harm killings..and they not only don't know, but don't f0cking care!
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Emm86: 4:12am On Feb 28, 2022
kyber:

Is Ukraine Her Problem
Does her not knowing Ukraine affects my relationship with her?
correct her privately why bring it here bro�
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by lusid: 4:40am On Feb 28, 2022
Barbiedollz:

And this girl will be somewhere thinking you love her. You already laughed so hard at her so you brought the matter public for us to laugh too and shame her for not knowing Ukraine? I can't believe this. You brought your girlfriend to the public to ask people's opinion about her intelligence? My dear please just go home and break up with that girl. You don't love her. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
shutup dullard
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by LeoFish92(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Reference:

But everything you know 'someone' made known to you... by whatever means or media.
So rather than keeping shut why not 'transmit' knowledge.
That is why every news media both 'reports' and 'opnionates'.
The reportage is to 'when' and 'where'.
While the opinions is to 'why' and 'how', which is the trigger for further inquest.
Believe you me if your colleagues get the reasons and implications 'indeed', most will totally engross themselves in it.
'Light' is unmistakable.

I've been reading your responses and rebuttals on this thread. I'm must confess, you are a blessing to this forum.

I love very enlightened people like you. Keep it up.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by BluntCrazeMan: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2022
kyber:

Is Ukraine Her Problem
Does her not knowing Ukraine affects my relationship with her?
So, why bringing her matter to Nairaland?
I really want to know your real motive behind opening this topic here
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Lordedifice1: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ladyheart4luv:

Not enough reason for him to bring it here.
But he later educated her
No he was just trying to tell us some people are ignorant about somethings
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by AlphaTaikun: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
AfricanColumbus:
Ukraine vs Russia : Battle For Donbass. Why Same Situation May Come Up Between Ijaw Republic and Biafra :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4v3ut5diw
I just watched this video.
The narrator made some
comparisons which were filled
with historical fallacies. This is a classic case of half-education
being dangerous!

NOTE:
1) As of 1870 when Jaja a former slave (who became Ijawnised in an Ijaw initiation ceremony) from
Amaigbo in today's Imo State, fled Bonny Island for Ibibioland, Opobo was well known to be a part of Ikot-Abasi which is Ibibioland. Opobo in Rivers is made up of people of Ibibio, Ijaw and Ibo ancestries or descent.

It was the Ibibios of Ikot Abasi
that gave Jaja (and the Ijaw and
Ijawnised people who fled with him from being killed in Bonny) their land to stay! A powerful Bonny war party would have WIPED out Jaja from the face of the earth at Opobo but he was saved by the superior weapons of the European traders who Jaja had traded with while in Bonny.

These facts are on the Internet and the history books of over 100 years ago. In 1976, Opobo was eventually carved out of the larger Ikot Abasi (now in Akwa Ibom State) into the
Old Rivers State.

Opobo and Bonny were never originally Ibo (like the FALSE video narrative portrayed), but had slaves or Ijawnised freed slaves. The slaves came from different ethnicities and the Ibos were the largest. The slaves also brought their different languages and cultures into Bonny and later Opobo (from a mere 1870s).

The Aros who organised the
notorious slave trade had a more comfortable presence in Bonny, and in the 1980s, I first read in
one of the respectable history
books that an Aro woman was given out in marriage to King Pepple (Perekule).

2) While Bonny was and is Ijawland with a large presence of slaves that were brought there by the Aro who brought Ibos and other ethnicities to be sold by the Ijaws to the European and American slavers.
It was the Ijaws that acted as middlemen because they owned Bonny.

This fact actually tallies with
Asari Dokubo's angry comments that his people (Ijaws) sold and
used Ibos as slaves. The
Europeans who came to buy slaves in Bonny in the late 1700s also
wrote the facts in their ship log books.

At the end of the slave trade, the
Ibos and other ethnic groups that were fortunate not to have been sold to the Europeans were converted by the indigenous Ijaws of Bonny to grow and harvest palm fruits in what became the Oil Rivers area. It is dubious for any Ibo to do a video while engaging in historical revisionism. Some Ibos have been accused of blatantly falsifying and magnifying historical events and this video is one of them! Even the
Europeans clearly stated that
Bonny is Ijaw.

How did Jaja become Ijawnised in an Ijaw initiation ceremony if Bonny was or is Iboland?

Opobo even uses the Ijaw title of Amanyanabo. All the European books I read refered to Jaja as a middleman-Chief not a king.

I was shocked to even realise from a fantastic documentary in 2017 that Jaja as an adult actually went back to his village in Amaigbo, Imo State in the late 1800s and built a house there. Jaja's Ibo father was also a slave trader! I consider Jaja to be really Ibo by birth though... Ijawnisation at Bonny or not.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by fineberry(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
But like seriously.............,.........If you know what is happening in Ukraine what does it add to you & if you don't what does it take from you.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by AfricanColumbus: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

I just watched this video.
The narrator made some
comparisons which were filled
with historical fallacies. This is a classic case of half-education
being dangerous!

NOTE:
1) As of 1870 when Jaja a former slave (who became Ijawnised in an Ijaw initiation ceremony) from
Amaigbo in today's Imo State, fled Bonny Island for Ibibioland, Opobo was well known to be a part of Ikot-Abasi which is Ibibioland. Opobo in Rivers is made up of people of Ibibio, Ijaw and Ibo ancestries or descent.

It was the Ibibios of Ikot Abasi
that gave Jaja (and the Ijaw and
Ijawnised people who fled with him from being killed in Bonny) their land to stay! A powerful Bonny war party would have WIPED out Jaja from the face of the earth at Opobo but he was saved by the superior weapons of the European traders who Jaja had traded with while in Bonny.

These facts are on the Internet and the history books of over 100 years ago. In 1976, Opobo was eventually carved out of the larger Ikot Abasi (now in Akwa Ibom State) into the
Old Rivers State.

Opobo and Bonny were never originally Ibo (like the FALSE video narrative portrayed), but had slaves or Ijawnised freed slaves. The slaves came from different ethnicities and the Ibos were the largest. The slaves also brought their different languages and cultures into Bonny and later Opobo (from a mere 1870s).

The Aros who organised the
notorious slave trade had a more comfortable presence in Bonny, and in the 1980s, I first read in
one of the respectable history
books that an Aro woman was given out in marriage to King Pepple (Perekule).

2) While Bonny was and is Ijawland with a large presence of slaves that were brought there by the Aro who brought Ibos and other ethnicities to be sold by the Ijaws to the European and American slavers.
It was the Ijaws that acted as middlemen because they owned Bonny.

This fact actually tallies with
Asari Dokubo's angry comments that his people (Ijaws) sold and
used Ibos as slaves. The
Europeans who came to buy slaves in Bonny in the late 1700s also
wrote the facts in their ship log books.

At the end of the slave trade, the
Ibos and other ethnic groups that were fortunate not to have been sold to the Europeans were converted by the indigenous Ijaws of Bonny to grow and harvest palm fruits in what became the Oil Rivers area. It is dubious for any Ibo to do a video while engaging in historical revisionism. Some Ibos have been accused of blatantly falsifying and magnifying historical events and this video is one of them! Even the
Europeans clearly stated that
Bonny is Ijaw.

How did Jaja become Ijawnised in an Ijaw initiation ceremony if Bonny was or is Iboland?

Opobo even uses the Ijaw title of Amanyanabo. All the European books I read refered to Jaja as a middleman-Chief not a king.

I was shocked to even realise from a fantastic documentary in 2017 that Jaja as an adult actually went back to his village in Amaigbo, Imo State in the late 1800s and built a house there. Jaja's Ibo father was also a slave trader! I consider Jaja to be really Ibo by birth though... Ijawnisation at Bonny or not.

So in conclusion, you are saying the Igbo language and other Igbo elements in Bonny/Opobo were due to the slave presence there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by AlphaTaikun: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
AfricanColumbus:

So in conclusion, you are saying the Igbo language and other Igbo elements in Bonny/Opobo were due to the slave presence there?
Absolutely! Even some Hausa slaves were sold to Europeans
at Bonny Island in the 1800s
based on slave ship records
of the over 100,000 people of different ethnic groups that were
rescued and set free by the
many British Naval ships sailing
off the coast off West Africa.

Captives were brought from the
North to be sold in the South of Nigeria's Atlantic coast line slave ports.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Boniwhite: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jennyclay:
But if a white girl tells you to your black face that she haven't heard of the word Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa, I'm 100% sure you will clap for her, Infact you would go as far as even mocking your own country and other..

Like I said earlier in my comment... Take it OR Leave it. I'm not forcing it down your throat like fufu.

the way you overestimate yourself, one would think the world revolves around you or you are the air people breathe! Were you abused as a child that people called you ugly?

well life is harsh... But try & understand, people are not the cause of your frustration and misfortunes in life.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Jennyclay(f): 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Boniwhite:
the way you overestimate yourself, one would think the world revolves around you or you are the air people breathe! Were you abused as a child that people called you ugly?

well life is harsh... But try & understand, people are not the cause of your frustration and misfortunes in life.
Please don't quote me again if you don't Wanna see the other side of me.

Be warned!!
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Boniwhite: 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jennyclay:
I don't know who you are but please respect yourself!!

Be warned!!
Too bad you used your parent ill gotten wealth to turn your self to a crack head!

unfortunatly, i gave out my last pity to the people of ukaraine(who are facing invasion) so i have no pity 4 you
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Jennyclay(f): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Boniwhite:
Too bad you used your parent ill gotten wealth to turn your self to a crack head!

unfortunatly, i gave out my last pity to the people of ukaraine(who are facing invasion) so i have no pity 4 you
You this undiluted Uncircumcised dull broke ekuke dog.

I told you.. you shouldn't quote me right?

Com'on get out of my mention!! Non-entity
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Boniwhite: 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jennyclay:
You this undiluted Uncircumcised dull broke ekuke dog.

I told you.. you shouldn't quote me right?

Com'on get out of my mention!! Non-entity

you keep insulting people's mother and sister on this forum. The next time you insult someone's mother again, i will open your file and give you a dress down!

you dont monopoly of madness! You got nothing on me in your whole lame life.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Jennyclay(f): 12:03am On Mar 03, 2022
Boniwhite:
you keep insulting people's mother and sister on this forum. The next time you insult someone's mother again, i will open your file and give you a dress down!

you dont monopoly of madness! You got nothing on me in your whole lame life.
oh you expect me to fold my hands while you morons insult me??

Those words I edited mother and sisters were referring to me, so I should just keep quiet right?? If anyone insult me, I would give it to the person back hot hot.

You don't know me ooh.
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Boniwhite: 12:10am On Mar 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
oh you expect me to fold my hands while you morons insult me??

Those words I edited mother and sisters were referring to me, so I should just keep quiet right?? If anyone insult me, I would give it to the person back hot hot.

You don't know me ooh.
It seems you are eager to fall into depression. Try and insult peoples mothers and sister, and see what happens!

till then...
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Jennyclay(f): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2022
Boniwhite:
It seems you are eager to fall into depression. Try and insult peoples mothers and sister, and see what happens!

till then...
But then, tell your fellow monkeys not to insult me again.

And don't you ever quote me in your miserable life again!!!!!
Re: I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me by Boniwhite: 12:29am On Mar 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
But then, tell your fellow monkeys not to insult me again.

And don't you ever quote me in your miserable life again!!!!!
my so called miserable life is better than your lame life that is 15%. Despite your parent ill gotten wealth, you still cant come correct for once!

despite your parent ill~gotten wealth from God knows where. Your life remains a comedy!

try and change that pic on your profile because the lady am seeing there looks like an aids carrier!

drug addict!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

German Man Kills Wife Through 48-Hour Marathon Sex During Honeymoon (Photos) / Curvy Lady Jumps Queue With Twerking Skills To Use Bathroom In Public Compound / 3 Weeks To Our Wedding, I Feel Like Calling It Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.