Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Racism & Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Racism & Love (712 Views)

So Its Now Racism When A White Woman Refuse To Date A Nigerian Man? / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism & Love by MzOutside(f): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2011
It sure does exist.

The other day i saw this english girl being insulted by other black women just because she was dating
a black guy. People are weird at times i guess.

Anyway Q= Does race play an important role when choosing a partner?

Just a general Q smiley
Re: Racism & Love by Dyt(f): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
Well 2 me
its nottin
i cld decide end up wit a green Indian
my choice
bt rili at dis ow own recent age
dere shldnt b any prob wit races
well me thinks its wat sm of ow parents v made us blv sha
Re: Racism & Love by LordReed(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2011
It does influence it at times. Take me for example I'd rather be with a 'black' lady than a 'white' one. Its just my preference, I don't hate 'white' folk I just don't think they are all that.

As for those ladies they are probably of the mind set of those who view such relationships as stealing the good 'black' men.
Re: Racism & Love by xxcarolxx(f): 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
It's small minded people who need to mouth off, I can't see why some people make a big deal out of it,
Re: Racism & Love by LongOne1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
Well yes and no - mixed feelings generally. If you were both raised in the same Country, don't think it matters much. Else:

Yes, because it will be easier to understand someone from your Country (due to cultural differences) and vice versa

No, because if you both work hard at it, in due time you will learn to tolerate each other. The relationship will also thrive in a neutral Country where none of the two cultures come into play.

My personal opinion.
Re: Racism & Love by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
Call me old fashion, but i still believe in INNER beauty
Re: Racism & Love by MrsChima(f): 2:36am On Jun 28, 2011
Lord_Reed:

It does influence it at times. Take me for example I'd rather be with a 'black' lady than a 'white' one. Its just my preference, I don't hate 'white' folk I just don't think they are all that.

As for those ladies they are probably of the mind set of those who view such relationships as stealing the good 'black' men.

I agree with the preference thing. People have preferences and that doesn't make them racist. Racism occurs when there are malicious intents not personal preferences. My preferences of black men shouldn't hurt you because it has nothing to do with you so why would that be racist? Now if I was burning crosses on your front lawn and threaten to harm your families because of your skin color then that is racist.

People are so quick to call someone a racist just because they do not wants to marry nor date outside of their circle. There is no law that states that YOU MUST interact with someone of another circle. I do not get offended when Asian men states they prefer white and asian women over other nationalities of women. It is their preferences.

Now getting to the black woman insulting a white woman because she is with a black man. We do not know what the real deal is we can only assumed that the black woman is jealous of the interracial union however we do not know the whole story to make a generalization of such. However plethora of white women do have the tendencies to boast that they have a black man like it was a major feat. There was this white woman who told another black woman that if she were to bend backward for her man she wouldn't have stolen her man.

Now if that what those white women wants to be known for as a sideline ho that their business and their right.
Re: Racism & Love by iice(f): 4:39am On Jun 28, 2011
Na today?
Please racism or whatever has not gone anywhere. Pretending otherwise is just idiotic.
Yes it plays a part in choosing partners because the world has not reached the stage of it not being an issue.
Re: Racism & Love by MMM2(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2011
Still thinking

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date Or Marry The Opposite Religion Person? / Which Is Essential Btwn D Body And Soul? / I Want To Know Your List Of 10 Things You Look For In A Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.