Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" (34679 Views)

China Says It Conducted 'Readiness Patrol' Around Taiwan / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Everyone can see NATO are the aggressors and Russians are just defending themselves from a sudden attack on the west.

Do you defend yourself by invading an innocent, sovereign nation,that has the right to choose its associations and alliances?
Where's your sense of judgement and justice?

The way you guys reason amazes me.
Surprisingly, it's mainly Africans and some muslims that have been supporting this Putin's evil so far.
This shows these two groups of people have a problem
Russian citizens themselves are even protesting against the invasion.

2 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
chronique:

That's not what it implies. Before you take decisions on a global level, you need to understand the history of the countries involved, understand how NATO came into existence and how it affects Russia as a country. Russia is a world power just like America. You can't undermine her national security in any way. Ukraine should have maintained the principle of neutrality like Finland. If that had been done, we would not be having this discussion.

that's definitely what it implies. You can't decide how NATO runs its affairs. How would its members perceive such action?
If NATO agrees to such outrageous demand, the whole world will be talking about how NATO is a paper tiger and Putin is the man. Undermining NATO interest all over the world.

Russia isn't a world power, it's a regional power in Eurasia. The USSR was world power, Russia isn't.

Finland neutrality that the same Putin has now put in jeopardy that the country is considering requesting for NATO membership.

Global politics is diplomacy not show or threat of force . Instead of demanding NATO to stop Ukraine, why not lobby say Germany and some other countries that were friendly to Russia like Hungary and the rest to veto Ukraine request.
Isn't that the best solution in all this?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Midastorch(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

.should Russia allow NATO to build a base in Ukraine?

Bro there are some people you don't argue with just look and pass?? Was Libya not a sovereign nation when the US went in and kill a sitting president?? America has its troops in Iraq for almost two decades...Russia has not done anything bad by protecting itself from external agressors from it's border....

4 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by shotuns: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
Do you have any prove of that? Because, from all indication is started right from China. We know it and have it on record.

InoGetJoy:

Coronavirus actually started from US and was brought into China by athletes from the US, but that's a story for another day
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by nomenclature(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
China and russia already uave a payment system.
cuteralph101:
u joking �...If China and Russia develops a payment system, Russia still loses
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

Russia once put their own puppet in charge in Ukraine, but the Ukrainian people rebelled and got rid of him so what's the point for Russia?

Putin is really acting very dumb, stupid and mentally irrational.

No he isnt, he knows the west is coming for him and if he doesnt act now and Ukraine joins NATO he is bleeped!!!! Just like Trump spent his presidency trying to halt China's economic expansion!

The west are the real devils here (or at least the bigger devils by far, they talk a good talk but they are a bunch of hypocrites!!! they may have ended slavery but they are embarking on a different type of slavery, and right now the only countries in their way are China, Russia, Saudi, North Korea etc

2 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Help2020: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
chronique:

Most people are driven by their emotions and sentiments on this topic, and not logic. So, do not expect most of them to give meaningful answers or make meaningful comments. I think most of them do not even have an idea of the kind of relationship that has been brewing between US and Russia for over a century now.
They are not really informed.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Do you defend yourself by invading an innocent, sovereign nation,that has the right to choose its associations and alliances?
Where's your sense of judgement and justice?

The way you guys reason amazes me.
Surprisingly, it's mainly Africans and some muslims that have been supporting this Putin's evil so far.
This shows these two groups of people have a problem
Russian citizens themselves are even protesting against the invasion.

Lol... apparently the know more than the Russians themselves that are against the invasion.
He will quote you to tell you how the US will point missiles on Russia from Ukraine. A scenario that haven't happen and isn't likely to happen

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
perambulator:

I am not supporting one over the other.

But..

I kkep saying why is it Nigerians find it difficult to comprehend simple English? I said it is in our interest for there to be checks against the west, it is in our interests for there to be strong countries that will check the west because without the fear of these countries we are all fuck3d!!! This is a case of my enemies enemy is my friend...none of them are our friends!!!

So, basically, the West is the only evil nation, but when Russia acts like the West did in Iraq and Afghanistan, Russia is good because...we need to check the West.

Okay....you are taking sides.

Me, I just look at both the West and Russia, laugh at their attempts at 'empire' and pray they don't nuke us into oblivion. (Like I told my dad the other day, when we were discussing global affairs....I hate mankind.).

Nigeria needs to change from within, not allow Russia or the US or china do it for us. And it starts by making some hard chocies.

You are free to support Russia, and I am free to state that Russia is wrong to invade Ukraine, and the NATO /US is wrong to take advantage of Ukraine's weakness to play 'wall in russia'.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by seanwilliam(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
ictplotter:

I wish u and ur family ar in Ukrain now, u will not be typing this rubbish.
The entire Nato countries plus Ukraine are too small for putin, media audio sanctions.
Last last Ukrain and Nato media warlords will forever regret crossing limits with Putin. Watch out how this will end, this invasion is about Ukrain but America with noise of the most power nation on earth.
lol you’re over estimating Putin sha. See mouth , so you’re telling me Russia will single handedly destroy the whole of nato ..
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Everyone can see NATO are the aggressors and Russians are just defending themselves from a sudden attack on the west.
defending yourself by invading a country that did not attack you....I still don't understand why many Muslims in nigeria are supporting Putin for killing innocent civilians in ukraine

3 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Bigchristo: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
defending indeed by striking a sovereign nation where NATO isn't stationing any evident attack from
President JF Kennedy once ordered an air strike on Cuba for preventing them from Joining the same NATO because Cuba is their neighboring country so why is the Russia invasion on Ukraine taking a twist? Is Cuba not a sovereign nation? I demand an honest answer otherwise Your judgement is biased and baseless

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by pinacole1(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
blasterman:

The two people who are fighting is Nato Vs Russia on Ukrainian soil.

NAto wants to Expand into Russia and is doing so steathily Russsia got wind of it and decide to act before Nato plans are completed.

Look at the amount of ammunition being pumped into Ukraine

Bros na only u get sense for this platform. For me i dnt believe war is the solution. The ukranian president is proud abd dnt want to accept the fact that russia pass am. Now is nato does not have any hiding agenda do u knw the number of ammunitions NATO as deployed to ukrain. Lets us think. Us want to infitrate russia and outin foes not like it. Now putin was even extending hand of discusion to ukranian president in belarus the man bluntly refused. To me putin sees the future and knw wat NATO under US, UK can do
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by chronique(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
blasterman:

The two people who are fighting is Nato Vs Russia on Ukrainian soil.

NAto wants to Expand into Russia and is doing so steathily Russsia got wind of it and decide to act before Nato plans are completed.

Look at the amount of ammunition being pumped into Ukraine

Let me be honest with you. The US are pushing eastward so they can have a regime change in Kremlin. Putin saw how they achieved that in his neighboring Ukraine in 2014 and is annoyed with such. If he doesn't act now and stop that NATO expansion to his borders, he would have problems in few years time. Now is the time to put a stop to it. The moment US gains power to effect a regime change in Kremlin, Russia stops being a world power that she has always been as she'd continually become a crony of the US, not that world power that can challenge the US.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nightaccountant(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
By attacking innocent Ukrainians
Oga check if na you. U go like am
Sanctions and killing women and childrens who doesn't knpw about the government which one worst[color=#770077][/color]
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by blackgold2018(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Bennita911:
China is sitting on the fence
simple English you won’t understand
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

But..

So, basically, the West is the only evil nation, but when Russia acts like the West did in Iraq and Afghanistan, Russia is good because...we need to check the West.

Okay....you are taking sides.

Me, I just look at both the West and Russia, laugh at their attempts at 'empire' and pray they don't nuke us into oblivion. (Like I told my dad the other day, when we were discussing global affairs....I hate mankind.).

Nigeria needs to change from within, not allow Russia or the US or china do it for us. And it starts by making some hard chocies.

You are free to support Russia, and I am free to state that Russia is wrong to invade Ukraine, and the NATO /US is wrong to take advantage of Ukraine's weakness to play 'wall in russia'.

Come back when you have finished a remedial course in English comprehension!!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by meeky247: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
If the us and nato wants Ukraine, I think this is the right time Russia start moving closer to CUBA. It's an international game a win win and lose lose for the but parties. U cant bring weapon of mass destruction to my doorstep without my retaliation.
This is a major reason why the us voted out trump because he does not buy the idea of war.
The sent him for war in north Korea and he went and shake hands with their leader and make peace with him which resulted first to criticism from the press and second to him losing election. This human sniffer can do the job that's why he is elected.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Midastorch:

Bro there are some people you don't argue with just look and pass?? Was Libya not a sovereign nation when the US went in and kill a sitting president?? America has its troops in Iraq for almost two decades...Russia has not done anything bad by protecting itself from external agressors from it's border....

can you smell your hypocrisy in that write up. Your clamoring for concern about Libya, Iraq and the rest but happy Ukraine is being destroyed.

Not the US that carried out the aforementioned act or the victim just like Libya you're so concern for is who you're happy is being invaded.

una ehn
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by gateleo(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Is Ukraine Russia?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by aribisala0(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Does Ukraine have to be Russia's slave.?

(Note: Your question is valid, but so also is Ukraine's question, which is why you should not take sides here.).

At the end, it's two political blocs in Ukraine using Russia and NATO to fight their war.
Nothing happens in a vacuum

To understand today you must understand history
In WW 2 Russia lost 24 million lives . More than the whole of Europe Germany the USA and UK combined

This happened because attacks came through its neighbours
In the End it was Russia that FREED those countries from Germany
Russia must have oversight of military build-up in its neighbours it will not allow that to happen again

So when you start talking grammar about sovereign state Russia's response is We guarantee the security in our neighbourhood. We will not outsource that to our enemies NATO

As long as folk are blind to that history they are just talking nonsense

Security in Europe is based on the fact that there was a WW II and there was a settlement after that with the recognition of different power spheres. Id you want to change that by force or trick then the message is WW !! resumes to address any issues that are not clear

If you do not know what happened in WW !! or the Cold war you are talking ignorantly

Germany occupied Slovakia, Ukraine Romania ,Czech Republic, Lithuania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Poland and these were ALL liberated by the Soviet union
with major loss of life to Russia.

To say O all that was just good Samaritan work i and NATO can now com and take over that space is a funny joke. Before that happens there will be WW III

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Mckhala80(m): 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.[/quote]
I'm so convinced that you are following this Russia/Ukraine tussle using a Chinese cell phone or you are being fed by propagandists. Ukraine is winning over Russia for sure. These few sanctions on Russia and they're weak already. II bet you , the Ukrainian military are more tactical in this war. They don't brag but they are doing awesome things. Be guided dude cos Russia is now they prey as far as this war is concern. Kudos to Zelenskyy , kudos to all Ukrainians.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force

I don't remember if the US took this "wooing" stand when the USSR stationed missiles in Fidel Castro's Cuba. America always wants to rub what it won't take on other nations' faces.

2 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Kingpin1000: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nightaccountant:

By attacking innocent Ukrainians
Oga check if na you. U go like am
Sanctions and killing women and childrens who doesn't knpw about the government which one worst[color=#770077][/color]
Where are Russians killing women and children.
For your information, Russian Soldiers are going for to door in Kyiv persuading civilians to leave.
Enough of western propaganda an b war reporting.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by tenpipsperday: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
defending indeed by striking a sovereign nation where NATO isn't stationing any evident attack from

Even if NATO is stationing in Ukraine are they attacking him? Has NATO ever attacked any country unprovoked?

Putin is just power and blood hungry. He has set up Russia against the world.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Oyiboman69: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

is Israel not surrounded by enemies and they are still thriving?... I don't see where joining NATO has become a big problem for Russia. Besides, other NATO countries are still close to Russia or,why didn't Russia joins NATO if it's so obsessed with it's superiority?

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by kingthreat(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
pansophist:
Finally, a country that is making sense.

The US has bombed at least 200 countries spreading their hegemony compared to Russia but they are termed ''liberation, freedom, fight against evil, defend of democracy'' etc. Because ''you can'' doesn't mean ''you should'' join nato, if not, Iran should not be sanctioned to death because it want to create nuclear weapons, and the US should not have almost nuked Cuba when Russia placed its missiles there in the 90's. Right now, Cuba is still under the heaviest sanctions for so many decades. Why the double standards?

I don't want to live in a world where the rule that applies to one, is used to punish the other. Sadly, lots of zombies are happy in such kind of world. Only the ''power of media'' Russia doesn't have, that is why it seems like everyone is sympathetic to Ukrainians. How about the thousands of ethnic Russians Ukraine have killed in Donbas? The west ignored all these because they want to use Ukraine as a pawn to contain Russia. And after Russia, probably China, and then, the whole world will permanently be chained under western hegemony. If you think colonialism was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just pray that day never comes.

This is about the survival of Russia as a country and humanity as a whole because when it comes to survival, international law can go to hell. You should be alive first, before talking about the law. The security of and existence of Russia have to be guaranteed before it can grow economically. What's the point of letting NATO in your backyard, and even if you develop like Norway, you can be nuked within ten mins, making it impossible to defend and retaliate? be careful when you support the west. This is a fight against evil.

Exactly. Russia has all weapons but that of the media.
Media made the world see Muammar Gaddafi as the most wicked man on Earth. Media made Saddam look like he had nuclear weapons. It is crazy.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Great0ne1: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

And you think that Russia, China, Saudi don't also have expansionist aims and objectives (Saudi that is fighting with Iran for middle east domination? China that is trying to intimidate South East Asia? Russia that basically keeps itself safe by manipulating governments in its neighbourhood?

At the end of the day, big nations get big interests...including the US and your favoirite nations.
Apt and well said. Non of them is actually saint

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by richardtimothy(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Why Russia depriving Ukraine of their own self-will?

Another man go leave him own house come dey make decision for you in your own house. Brother no be soooo
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by venabili: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force
America thought otherwise during the Cuban crisis
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by chronique(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

Has Ukraine joined nato? Germany has vetoed admission of Ukraine into NATO. The truth is that russia doesn't want a flourishing democratic and liberal nation in her border. Ukraine with more than 40m people would definely influence Russia.

Does Finland have a thriving democracy? Do they share borders with Russia?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by eguarojeona: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

So they are bombing ukraine even before they have joined NATO?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye / Graca Machel: Meet Woman Who Became First Lady Of Two Different Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.