Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,677 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) (68776 Views)

Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Losing Money He Invested In Crypto / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by spartachico(m): 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
I just checked LiveScore a few seconds ago and I say let me search for Games to put my last 200 naira untop ... and this pop up .... abeg make I drink beer and sleep we try again another day ...God bless the dead angry

7 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ordinary 1.5 million not even 15 million
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Fiscus105(m): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
Gadafii:
One time my friend always brags about how he wins lots of money thru online betting.

Something he stakes as much as 20k and win around 50k altogether on 5 different games, that sounds like free money right.

He told me he will be helping me to predict games, send the codes to me and I can play that too, he set up an account for me, I funded it, I told my self either I win or loose, once the money in that account is exhausted, that's the end.

Unfortunately for me I didn't win games much and the money finished, I abandoned the account, exited the telegram group and days later I deleted the profile.

I am glad I didn't get dragged into that mess, it could have been working for my friend, but naah, I am not cut out to be playing bet.

So young man, rest in peace, I am sure you have won couple of times and you felt good, unfortunately bet will give you cap and collect your head

Hope u read his own situation very well before you embarked on shalaye?

............I guess u knw that he died as result of scam and not betting per see.

The person that hacked his betting account can as well defraud him by his bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Emperorx: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
vibre:
RIP Mr Ayuba, this world is not our home, we are just passing through. They should give him his 7 virgins in heaven, he has earned it.
This is a serious matter Abeg
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by charlesdinho7(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
thank you Jesus. I Have Never Done Any Sport Betting In My Life and I Will Never Do It. Once It Becomes An Addiction, Leaving It Will Be Very Very Difficult. It Is Time The Nigerian Government Banned sport Betting companies In Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by FhucLyf: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
flokii:
Friendly advice to whom it may concern.. stay away from gambling and bet shops if you haven't already started.
I will hit jackpot today, I will chop big tomorrow till you'll spend all your life earnings and eventually get depressed and suicidal.

Easier said...
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by wonderr(m): 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
davillian:
Bet king and spotty bet
Your money is not safe in thier account and your card details is not safe too ...
Even if you successfully moved your founds to your back account they can still steal it ....
Seems they have employed Yahoo boys and nobody is talking or doing anything...
no they did not employ any Yahoo boy because it will take a high level staff to have access to customers personal information. What usually happen is that their are sponsored posts on Facebook and other social media handles by Yahoo boys that sporty bet is giving give away, once you click on this posts it direct you to a link wherby you have to login immediately you do that they can see your login details that is how they do have access to hack people's account and withdraw their money to another account even if the person has millions in their bank account as long as it is linked with the sporty bet account it's vulnerable

5 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by meobizy(f): 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
Was he a Nairalander?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
Cokahot:
While me lost 5m to btc 2months back. I no die

No trophy for predicament.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by GloriousGbola: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
This is why akin alabi went into politics. Not to serve, but to ensure he is in a position to disrupt proper regulation of gambling.

Gambling in Nigeria is completely out of control.

It is gradually climbing from the original target of the poor to the working class to professionals.

3 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
wonderr:
no they did not employ any Yahoo boy because it will take a high level staff to have access to customers personal information. What usually happen is that their are sponsored posts on Facebook and other social media handles by Yahoo boys that sporty bet is giving give away, once you click on this posts it direct you to a link wherby you have to login immediately you do that they can see your login details that is how they do have access to hack people's account and withdraw their money to another account even if the person has millions in their bank account as long as it is linked with the sporty bet account it's vulnerable

I almost fell for that trick this year but na God save me, infact when I searched for advice on nairaland. I quickly blocked the fool.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by blazepascal(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
People commit sucide not to end their life but to end their pain.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
[quote author=Oduduwa707 post=110664813][/quote]
Ori e yi
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by joechima: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
This is how many of our youths across the globe suffer in silence... humans taking joy and peace from their fellow beings.God is watching.....
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Agbebakun22: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
davillian:
Bet king and spotty bet
Your money is not safe in thier account and your card details is not safe too ...
Even if you successfully moved your founds to your back account they can still steal it ....
Seems they have employed Yahoo boys and nobody is talking or doing anything...
bet9ja is the most secured in nigeria, even if i give u my login u cant withdraw a penny 4 frm it cux if the new bank doesnt has same name wit betting akant theres no way u can withdraw, mind u dem dy use id card verify too.

6 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by FhucLyf: 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
wonderr:

Yeah, crazy people, they'll tell you to put 1k and they will add money miraculously, to like 50k, they even have testimony videos that shows the 50k being added.

They will send you a link, a Google form for that matter, or any kind of online form, am I stupid, the online form asks for your username and password, if you put it , then they have access to your account.

I don't know if it's the same format, but this is what I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by treatise: 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
Fidinno:
please gamble wisely
He obviously gambled well but his account was hacked.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
BETTING IS NO MONEY MAKING MACHINE,IT IS A MONEY SUCKER ONLINE ENGINE. EVEN BET COMPANIES SINK TOO.
INFACT, BETTING IS JUST A CHILD'S PLAY,AND NOTHIN ELSE. THOSE WHO HAVE SPARE CASH DO IT FOR FUN AND NOT ASMONEY MAKING VENTURE, EXCEPT YOU ARE AN AGENT GETTING COMMISSIONS. undecided
TRY ASK THOSE WHO ARE ADDICTED TO BETTING, THEY LOSE MORE THAN THEY WIN EACH TIME. undecided
FIND WORK DO MY NAIJA YOUTHS AND PRAY FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Walewow: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
If them never scam you big money then you never use sporty bet I swear
Na the no 1 leading sport betting scam in history.

3 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Coolingeffect: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
He leave the money wey dem go take bury am?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by akanbiaa(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Fidinno:
please gamble wisely
I think he actually gambled wisely but his account was hacked and the money he planned to withdraw was withdrawn without his consent and knowledge probably by the betting company or people who has access to his password and login details.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Anaerobi(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Immediately I saw the post, I knew it's Sporty bet.

I almost experience same thing, but I quickly transferred my money to my other account, then left 1k, just to know if I was thinking will happen.

Guess what! The criminal moved the 1k.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by kay29000(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
And one guy on the other thread was comparing betting with investment. SMH

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by SimplePlan34: 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
I HV noticed that most of these unauthorised transaction are done once u give these betting companies Ur account number.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
Funny guy say make twitter community contribute the money for him. You no serious grin

O lo ta tete.
Dude sounded like an eight year old there
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Evidenx(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
vibre:
RIP Mr Ayuba, this world is not our home, we are just passing through. They should give him his 7 virgins in heaven, he has earned it.
NO nonsense virgins will be given,they don't have sex in heaven.

am tempted to write RIP but the truth is he Is going to hell..if you take your life straight ticket to hellfire.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
Musty42gud:
That's how I lost up to 500k last year on sportybet
God please help me I need to stop betting
Their virtual games is scam...they control it themselve ...I play a particular virtual on premier league I play 5 over 4.5 direct 200
Four games played only 1 play 2-2 that's when I knew they are scam
How? Are they the footballers actually playing in the field?

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by eddie7: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
Day of Reckoning is closely....no hiding place for the wicked
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DroppingLiquid: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
The pressure social media users put on youths is alarming.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Awise09(m): 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
vibre:
. Can't you read through Ayuba is a Christian name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo Chief Anyiego Comes Back To Life After A Day In The Mortuary (Photos, Video) / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo / Nigerian Lady Dies After She Fell & Hit Her Head On A Hard Surface (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.