Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) (68832 Views)

Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Losing Money He Invested In Crypto / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Phyde: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Now i have seen more reasons why those bastards keep disturbing me to open account with sportybet i know nothing about. Very dangerous linking your bank cards to upcoming bet sites.

3 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by akanbiaa(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
FhucLyf:

Yeah, crazy people, they'll tell you to put 1k and they will add money miraculously, to like 50k, they even have testimony videos that shows the 50k being added.

They will send you a link, a Google form for that matter, or any kind of online form, am I stupid, the online form asks for your username and password, if you put it , then they have access to your account.

I don't know if it's the same format, but this is what I have seen.
Yes exactly, the scammers seek greedy people and talk about a bonus or bonaza to lure victims into typing their login details into a cloned bet website and they immediately now use that login details to login to the persons account and check the balance and transfer the funds to their own bet account ,withdraw it and deactivate their persons account to make it very difficult to even lay complaints.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by chessguru(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jondelng:
Betting is actually a disease.
Betting did not kill him , even losing a bet did not kill him either , please read the post , a scammer got into his account and stole his money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by xynerise: 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
All of these Sportybet Bonus ads you see on Facebook are scammers. Once you click their links and login with it, tell your money in your bank account goodbye

5 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by chessguru(m): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Phyde:
Now i have seen more reasons why those bastards keep disturbing me to open account with sportybet i know nothing about. Very dangerous linking your bank cards to upcoming bet sites.
I use sportybet , you dont have to pay into your account by using your bank card , best way to fund your account is through OPAY

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by RiskyJoint95(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
I can bet anything this person is alive and well somewhere.
Suicide indeed!

Well
I'm confused too
He can't be 27years old with that birthday sha
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Elidrisy20: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Why kill yourself
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Bollinga: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
Suicide indeed!

Raise fund how?... Them dey fund dead man?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by chessguru(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
davillian:
Bet king and spotty bet
Your money is not safe in thier account and your card details is not safe too ...
Even if you successfully moved your founds to your back account they can still steal it ....
Seems they have employed Yahoo boys and nobody is talking or doing anything...
you dont have to fund your account with Bank card , best way to fund your account is through OPAY
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Bollinga: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
Sportybet has been hijacked by scammers... My 120k was withdrawn from my bank account last year after i funded my sportybet account with just 2k

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jondelng:
He didn’t lose money through betting..

He lost money through SCAMMERS.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by akanbiaa(m): 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
chessguru:
I use sportybet , you dont have to pay into your account by using your bank card , best way to fund your account is through OPAY
If you fund thru opay but you click on any of those link advertising give away and login your details into it your funds will be vulnerable and they will just transfer the funds to their own bet account and withdraw and deactivate your account.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by AngelicBeing: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
sad
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
Suicide indeed!
So if he is dead..

How is he still raising funds?

You don't donate money to a dead person's account..

THINK!!!!!!!
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by chessguru(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
akanbiaa:
If you fund thru opay but you click on any of those link advertising give away and login your details into it your funds will be vulnerable and they will just transfer the funds to their own bet account and withdraw and deactivate your account.
No there is no way you can withdraw my OPAY funds through sporty bet , NO WAY at all. you can only tranfer money from my opay to my sporty bet through my OPAY app

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Tzar(m): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
Coward! If you no longer fear death, why not die for a good reason?
Why not confront the enemies of Nigeria with your life?!
Why not confront the enemies of your loved ones with your life?!
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Offpoint1: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
Revolution2022:
I thought a sportybet account name must be the same with the bank account names that one registers with.How do scammer manages to withdraw money from sportybet account into another bank with a different name? Sportybet has a hand in this scam.Anyone who is persuading you to register with sportybet and get huge bonus is a scammer.
He played a role in getting scammed, he didn't give the full details on how he was scammed.

There are hundreds of sportybet scammers ads running on facebook and other platforms... They promise to give you so so amount of bonus, they will require for your sportybet number. Once you do, they'll hack your account and check if you saved your card on that account, if your card is saved there, they'll will load your sportybet account with whatever amount left in your bank account. next thing is to remove your card, number and attached their own card, at this point Sportybet will require an OTP from the number attached to this account. that's where the scammer will call you to send the code sent to you so they can active your bonus.... once you do, that's the end...

This is what happen, my friend nearly fell for this...Thank God I was with him that day

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
RiskyJoint95:

Well
I'm confused too
He can't be 27years old with that birthday sha
What is there to be confused about?

Follow the time line of his posts..

He initially explained what happened..

Went on to solicit for funds..

And when no help was available..

He killed himself..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by akanbiaa(m): 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
chessguru:
No there is no way you can withdraw my OPAY funds through sporty bet , NO WAY at all. you can only tranfer money from my opay to my sporty bet through my OPAY app
Seems you did not carefully readwhat I wrote, the scammers have no business with your opay account it is the balance in your sportybet account they target. So whether you use opay, card bank or other means to deposit funds, money will still reflect in your sportybet account. But as long as you are not careless with all your login details and passwords and avoided clicking and logging into links that promises bonuses and bonaza then you are safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by kay29000(m): 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
jimtemi1:
They day I don lost 15k bet, na the dey I face my hustle jeje... Bet is never the way RIP to this young guy.. And one of the stupid nairalander dey call bet Investement continue

I tire for that guy o. How can anyone compare Betting with Investment.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by bluefilm: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
majamajic:
Sportybet and scammers , na 5 and 6

Sportybet remains my best bookmaker in Nigeria.

They've got the highest odds and they settle their games so fast.

The best part of Sportybet is when you try to withdraw, the speed with which the money go take land for your account na gidigba.

If this story is actually true, then it's just that the guy was quite unfortunate to have his account compromised which led to his money disappearing from his account.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Tzar:
Coward! If you no longer fear death, why not die for a good reason?
Why not confront the enemies of Nigeria with your life?!
Why not confront the enemies of your loved ones with your life?!
Na dead person you dey para for?

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Picker28: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
U gave someone ur log in password
Rip
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Odogwuskido(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Anaerobi:
Immediately I saw the post, I knew it's Sporty bet.

I almost experience same thing, but I quickly transferred my money to my other account, then left 1k, just to know if I was thinking will happen.

Guess what! The criminal moved the 1k.

shocked shocked
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by FhucLyf: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
bluefilm:

Sportybet remains my best bookmaker in Nigeria.

They've got the highest odds and they settle their games so fast.

The best part of Sportybet is when you try to withdraw, the speed with which the money go take land for your account na gidigba.

If this story is actually true, then it's just that the guy was quite unfortunate to have his account compromised which led to his money disappearing from his account.

That's what they are saying, sportybet is easily compromised. Unlike Bet9ja.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Zulu2022: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
De money don com out as he kill himself,na his parents are proud he took his life..selfish Daniel,ain't he better Dan ppl in de hospital,under the bridge ppl,mental deranged ppl as well..we need to be grateful fr been sane nd alive
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by bluefilm: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
FhucLyf:

That's what they are saying, sportybet is easily compromised. Unlike Bet9ja.

Sportybet normally asks for your Sporty PIN before any deposit or Withdrawal transaction can occur.

So if there is any compromise being done, it is possible that the scammer/s must have had access to that very Sporty PIN.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jondelng:
I hope uyaiincomparabl is seeing this too? I've warned her countless times but she wouldn't listen.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by adecz: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
This sporty bet people seem
to be fraudulent people. There are
always complaints about them.

When people win big sums, they
try dodging payment .

Don't be surprised that it's the same
Sporty Bet that stole this chaps money.

But why take your life because of
ordinary 1.5m, as in $2000❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by chessguru(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
akanbiaa:
Seems you did not carefully readwhat I wrote, the scammers have no business with your opay account it is the balance in your sportybet account they target. So whether you use opay, card bank or other means to deposit funds, money will still reflect in your sportybet account. But as long as you are not careless with all your login details and passwords and avoided clicking and logging into links that promises bonuses and bonaza then you are safe.
I have more experience with sporty bet than you think sir . first of all this guy that commited suicide , the money stolen was the money in his bank account . HOW ? when you use a bank card to deposit money into your sporty bet and you did not delete the card from the system , if a scammer gets into your account , he can withraw all the money in your bank account through that card into your sporty bet account and then tranfer it into his own account , that was why the guy that killed himself refered to his bank card saved on sporty . there was a time i did scam baiting and allowed a scammer into my sporty bet account , he was able to tranfer all the money in my bank to my sporty but count not withdraw the money because I HAVE A WITHDRAWAL PIN , which i did not give him , also i have verified my BVN on the site so the name of the account must tally with my Name. those security measures work but many do not know.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by PALAPALA02(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
This sportybet na criminals.

That was how my atm details which was saved on their website got compromised.

Thank God na only 3k bin dey my bank account, naso dem wipe d 3k wey dey dia..

Had to block d atm dat same day.

What a pity

Sucide isn’t the way forward

Early 2021, i lost 2m trying on this visa scam.

I no kil my self, instead, i worked harder, and God bless me back

Sucide isn’t d way forward

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Perfectbeing(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
More oxygen for the rest of humanity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo Chief Anyiego Comes Back To Life After A Day In The Mortuary (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Lady Dies After She Fell & Hit Her Head On A Hard Surface (Pictures) / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.