Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) (68828 Views)

Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Losing Money He Invested In Crypto / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by sydneyboss(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Hmm, Igbos!

Is it that you lack sense or sense is just far from you?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by seniorkachion(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
[quote author=davillian post=110653001]Bet king and spotty bet
Your money is not safe in thier account and your card details is not safe too ...
Even if you successfully moved your founds to your back account they can still steal it ....
Seems they have employed Yahoo boys and nobody is talking or doing anything...[/quot

That's not true. Greed is the major problem of most beters. This young man most likely responded to an advert on Facebook on one of the many fake sportybet sponsored account by scammers. They will promise to credit your bet account with 30k bonus which you can withdraw. Another fake promise they make is to increase your balance somehow without placing a winning bet, which you can also withdraw. Once a victim responds to them they will request for his log in details and withdrawal pin. If the victim hands them the info, they will use it to wipe his account. So greed is the gateway to the victims. He had 1.5m in his account but still wanted fake 30k bonus.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by hassinho707(m): 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Fidinno:
It most have been from a close friend or family member
You are wrong. Many of these guys approach me from different groups promising to give me 30% if they help me with access to agents' sites...

You know what they do, they provide you with a phishing website. If you trust them and you login to the website, they will get all your details and use it to wipe off your money...

Be very careful.. this is not family or friends things... They have approached me from different Whatsapp group and because I having a knowledge of web design and development I can't fall for phishing website scam...

These guys only scam people via sportybet
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Oricha62(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
vibre:
RIP Mr Ayuba, this world is not our home, we are just passing through. They should give him his 7 virgins in heaven, he has earned it.
What about DANIEL MARK?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by bluefilm: 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
GenBuhari:
So he valued is life as only being worth N1.5million. I cannot understand, there must have been other reasons.

In the mind of a person who is depressed and hopeless and contemplating suicide, life is completely meaningless and worthless at that point the person is going through the emotional turmoil.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by krushdripper(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
He should have persevered as he can still win up to 50 million naira grin poor guy.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by princewarri1985: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
Aonkuuse:

https://twitter.com/DanielAyubaMar1?t=0QpoDVGuh1pT50f5e9zmgA&s=09
Weak people commit suicide, and suicide is never the easy way out i know someone who lost his life savings of 2 million naira to fraudulent visa agent 10 years back trying to procure canada visa, he started from scratch and today he is in the US
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by 6ixT8: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
Serious matter. Na person wey Don walk for that lane go understand. RIP.

Suicide is that most hardest thing to do on Earth, those that were able to bring their selves to commit; are the most strongest people. sad
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Goldbw122(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Too bad.. stay away from betting.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by donprinyo(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
the kind of man that will support Buhari government
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by bigcee(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
I can bet anything this person is alive and well somewhere.
Suicide indeed!
grin You Sabi grin

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Danboyi88(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
The only thing I see is someone using indirect means to raise funds for God knows what.
Suicide indeed!
The guy is in kaduna, he's dead
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
I hope uyaiinc.omparabl is seeing this too? I've warned her countless times but she wouldn't listen.

You and your 20 can't stop me.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by cumoverna: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Nkitara:
That's all you can make out of the tweets? I don't know why some people just can't read or maybe the rush to be on front page, Nnama.

Na today I know say people nor do comprehension for school.

That thing de sweet me eh
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by ModeEbo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
seborrhic:
Suicide indeed!
Can't you see his burial poster.. U get trust issues ooo
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by MufasaLion: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
PALAPALA02:
This sportybet na criminals.

That was how my atm details which was saved on their website got compromised.

Thank God na only 3k bin dey my bank account, naso dem wipe d 3k wey dey dia..

Had to block d atm dat same day.

What a pity

Sucide isn’t the way forward

Early 2021, i lost 2m trying on this visa scam.

I no kil my self, instead, i worked harder, and God bless me back

Sucide isn’t d way forward

Visa could have been done by you. You don't need anyone to do it for you.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by talk2maurice(m): 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Suicide should never be an option.

Rest in peace ✌️
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Adesina18111(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Na man u b boss... depression everywhere...not only those who bet...we wey we dey work self no see money...u go work for person for #200,000 and to see #100,000 collect from the money na war...and u no get option than to wait until u get paid...I am into pond construction and fish business here in Akure...my money wey dey outside close to #750,000...na promise up and down...I once threaten some with soldiers and police but na the military men go dey beg say make u give them time cos everywhere hard... depression na ur mate?... embarassed embarassed

azraeljaheel:
cry

Suicide is an option but quitting ain't an option (contradictory sentence).
We should all drop the notion of calling a suicidal person weak!!!

I lost a land, Two bikes, a tricycle and other stuffs worth lota funds... Most painful is I lost custody of my lil kid because I had no resources to carter for her...

Tried taking my life couple of times... Even death sef tire for my matter...... I go to bed every day with the hope of not waking up the next day... Since I couldn't kill myself I started throwing tantrums at God hoping he'd smite me dead but still on still God no gree take my life.

But the good thing is I have learnt to make a good picture outta the negative... Although it ain't easy getting up when you hit rock bottom especially when you got no one to help you stand up.. But you just have to use your last strength if not life will walk all over you... You go turn to footmat ....

Reach out to someone whenever that spirit kicks in... Talk to somebody

(this platform helped loads) and I go remain grateful till death... Even if eventually I rest today my spirit man will be happy cos I died fighting ...

I rather die like a king than enjoy the benefits of life as a slave

RIp fella I just hope you find peace wherever you are now

Happy new month
#weMARCH4ward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Biafraaa: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
I feel you bro... But your story no clear. Which one be say you tried killing yourself and it tire death? You never ready to commit suicide no dey whine us. Anyway I'm happy you didn't do it. Stay strong
azraeljaheel:
cry

I lost a land, Two bikes, a tricycle and other stuffs worth lota funds... Most painful is I lost custody of my lil kid because I had no resources to carter for her...

Tried taking my life couple of times... Even death sef tire for my matter...... I go to bed every day with the hope of not waking up the next day... Since I couldn't kill myself I started throwing tantrums at God hoping he'd smite me dead but still on still God no gree take my life.

But the good thing is I have learnt to make a good picture outta the negative... Although it ain't easy getting up when you hit rock bottom especially when you got no one to help you stand up.. But you just have to use your last strength if not life will walk all over you... You go turn to footmat ....

(this platform helped loads) and I go remain grateful till death... Even if eventually I rest today my spirit man will be happy cos I died fighting ...

Happy new month
#weMARCH4ward
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by liverpudian9(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
The mistake is from the guy I guess he dropped his details for a fake sporty bet promo on Facebook and mind u, he was supposed to use online banking like opay / palmpay bank this banking,with this u don't have ur ATM saved on the bet platform moreover sporty security is not strong I use 1x for every withdrawal I will get otp ,may his soul rest in peace
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by miraculousGod(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
Betting is bad
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Dhury: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
azraeljaheel:
cry

Happy new month
#weMARCH4ward
i learned a lot from your story i lost a new bike after just three days of purchased to a hit and stole thief. I'm currently on two months treatment from wound i sustained . The painful thing now im thinking how to pay back my friend who assisted me,with 180k that I used bought the new bike. God help us .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Harshweather(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jondelng:
Betting is actually a disease.
I only started it for few months but later nah scam, anyways rip to him.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Starz825(m): 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
davillian:
Bet king and spotty bet
Your money is not safe in thier account and your card details is not safe too ...
Even if you successfully moved your founds to your back account they can still steal it ....
Seems they have employed Yahoo boys and nobody is talking or doing anything...
Na why I dey use bet9ja?
Before you withdraw...your name details must match with your bank name and then you will have to receive a mail or sms for otp..before any withdrawal transactions are Carried out...
Bet9ja is still best..forget all this foolish big odds bet platform

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by akanbiaa(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
chessguru:
I have more experience with sporty bet than you think sir . first of all this guy that commited suicide , the money stolen was the money in his bank account . HOW ? when you use a bank card to deposit money into your sporty bet and you did not delete the card from the system , if a scammer gets into your account , he can withraw all the money in your bank account through that card into your sporty bet account and then tranfer it into his own account , that was why the guy that killed himself refered to his bank card saved on sporty . there was a time i did scam baiting and allowed a scammer into my sporty bet account , he was able to tranfer all the money in my bank to my sporty but count not withdraw the money because I HAVE A WITHDRAWAL PIN , which i did not give him , also i have verified my BVN on the site so the name of the account must tally with my Name. those security measures work but many do not know.
That means the withdrawal pin might have saved his funds ,but you are aware there is also transfer from one sportybet account to another ? And for the guy falling for those links and promises he might as well fall into giving out his witdrawal pin if they deceive him more that it is for the imaginary benefits they promised him, or perhaps this was done to him by someone very close to him who has all the information about his login.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by PALAPALA02(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

Bro, that stuff ain’t easy as that o.

If not, many would have fled the country if getting the visa of your choice is that easy
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Scamburster(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

How, please?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Triplerg: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Betting is a very dangerous and risky venture. You have to prepare for the worst before placing a bet on any event. I lost 2.5 million within a week last year February. Although only 440k is mine, it pained me and it still does. However, I can never take my life for anything. I have since recovered my 440k and stopped gambling outrightly
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by EaglesEyes1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Agbebakun22:
bet9ja is the most secured in nigeria, even if i give u my login u cant withdraw a penny 4 frm it cux if the new bank doesnt has same name wit betting akant theres no way u can withdraw, mind u dem dy use id card verify too.
Lies, they first withdrew 100k from my friend's bet9ja account without him seeing any alerts and they came for another 100k but this time the bank used for the depositing was popping 5 alerts of 20k which sum up to 100k which was directly deposited into his bet9ja account before it can be withdrawed. He came to me and I helped him secured back his100k. But for the first 100k,bet9ja customer care couldn't give the details of the bank account the first 100k was withdrawn to, they said they can't see bank account the money was transferred to.So my advice is this, fund your any of your bet account with a reputable e-wallet or from a POS and be careful of how you upload ATM card details online.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Teddy96: 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hmmmmm. . . . wat a lost. . . Just because of 1.5m......? cry
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Dreyfundz(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
All this people saying things about betting don't really get the point.. He just had funds in his sportybet account, he didn't lose the money to betting, he was scammed off his money
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) by Harshweather(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
goodheart01:

Na to send u go Ukraine make bomb land on your idiotic head. Baastard
grin grin I tell you , he sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo Chief Anyiego Comes Back To Life After A Day In The Mortuary (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Lady Dies After She Fell & Hit Her Head On A Hard Surface (Pictures) / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.