Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? (31884 Views)

What Were The Most Hurtful Words You Received From Someone You Love? / Share Your "Ghosting". Experience / Abandoned After Sex? The Truth Behind Ghosting After Sex See Proves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by LINTUNE(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
This is my way...even friends , if u do anyhow I ghost u for good..e

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Salt06(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Tallesty1:
Is this ghosting thing same as locking out? Like, when your partner is angry with you s/he will start acting like you ain't there and be giving you one word answer?

Someone use that thing on me eeh! Very lovely somebody fah but once she's angry, she will lock me out. I told her how I hated that, nah then she come weaponize am. Every small thing she go lock out for days

Me that adapts easily. It happened one time and I asked her what the problem was and the usual response came "NOTHING"

Haba, person wey I don explain give say if I offend her make she kuku tell me and I go apologize but nah, she won't.

Omoh nah so me sef lock her out.

First day, second day, 3rd and she got tired but I was just starting. I locked her out for one month and three weeks.

Our conversation that period was useless.

Hi, good morning, how are you? How was your night, alright just called to know how you're doing.

Same for afternoon and night.

When things got back to normal, she started sniffing around to know if I was seeing someone else. Kept telling me that I am wicked and heartless.

That was the last time she locked me out until the relationship got to where it was destined to stop.

Lolz.
... destined to stop cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by warlord24(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Immediately i delete your number from my phone.. you automatically become history

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by MrLondonder: 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kingosytex:

Wetin you dey even talk about sef?
Na this matter wey dey dis thread or another matter?
undecided

BUT WHY U DATIN GHOST SIR?....cant u pay for woman if u cant find one?!(no oofeinse) angry

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by ziondaughter247: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
pansophist:
If someone ghosts you, it doesn't mean they are right. Ghosting is one of the ways people run away from facing your judgment, to avoid correcting their wrong deeds, which gives them a false sense of control and power. To deal with ghosting, always make sure you are on the right side. Because what actually hurts people more during ghosting is the self-questioning that follows, wondering what you did wrong, and your need to be worthy of explanations.

How to deal with a ghoster'' is to simply ignore him/her. This is a time you have to be strong because the ghoster will feel a strong sense of satisfaction when they see that you are troubled by their ghosting. treat them like the ghost that they truly are, they should be invincible henceforth. and live a good life, success is always the best revenge.

I totally love this~ 'Treat them like the ghost that they truly are'! I really love this. No need to chase around or question a ghoster... They are ghosts and should remain in the land of the dead...I know there's an urge to find closure especially when things were going well between you two, but DON'T bother with them. Time truly heals and someone better will surely show up!

On the flip side though grin, I have ghosted someone before... I won't even call it ghosting as such, because that was truly the last resort. I am someone that is very straightforward in my approach... i do not mince words, my 'yes' is 'yes' and my 'no' is 'no'! if a relationship is bad and no longer worth it to me, i'll tell you decently and bid you farewell. So this guy was asking me out for months even years..every time he calls, the same thing. Honestly, i truly wasn't interested in him in that manner and I tried to make him understand everytime he brought the issue up...He didn't listen but kept pestering me like a child..At a point I truly thought there was something wrong with him. Seemed like he was unable to process clear messages well...There's a big difference between being persistent and being a nuisance. Guys, I can tell you that if you have been asking a girl out for months going to years and she doesn't agree (especially when there's no cogent reason like - she's still dating someone etc), that girl is not into you! If she eventually dates you, after these months or years of asking her out, just know you are not her first choice. She might come to love you ooooh, but you were never her first choice!

Anyways at that point, I simply became very irritated with his immaturity and manner of approach and I ghosted him completely and blocked him everywhere.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by ziondaughter247: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
olola4:

Thank you very much for this! I started ghosting a very close female friend at the beginning of this year and it's almost two months now, none of us reach out to each other. She is a very foolish person and I think she is crazy kinda, I miss her though but I enjoy the peace of mind I have now.

From the way you sound, I think the situation is hurting you more because she obviously no send you! The girl is just living her life - while you seem really hurt. No need to play these hide and seek games, tell her what she did and cut if off amicably!
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by meobizy(f): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
When did Nairalanders learn this lingo? This is a new topic. I expect it to feature here more often. Finally, something hip and new after almost ten years in this forum.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by kaymart: 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Tallesty1:
Is this ghosting thing same as locking out? Like, when your partner is angry with you s/he will start acting like you ain't there and be giving you one word answer?

Someone use that thing on me eeh! Very lovely somebody fah but once she's angry, she will lock me out. I told her how I hated that, nah then she come weaponize am. Every small thing she go lock out for days

Me that adapts easily. It happened one time and I asked her what the problem was and the usual response came "NOTHING"

Haba, person wey I don explain give say if I offend her make she kuku tell me and I go apologize but nah, she won't.

Omoh nah so me sef lock her out.

First day, second day, 3rd and she got tired but I was just starting. I locked her out for one month and three weeks.

Our conversation that period was useless.

Hi, good morning, how are you? How was your night, alright just called to know how you're doing.

Same for afternoon and night.

When things got back to normal, she started sniffing around to know if I was seeing someone else. Kept telling me that I am wicked and heartless.

That was the last time she locked me out until the relationship got to where it was destined to stop.
"Destined to stop" as how, did it ended in marriage?
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Tallesty1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
kaymart:

"Destined to stop" as how, did it ended in marriage?
No sir
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by ViVaMadrid: 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
ziondaughter247:

From the way you sound, I think the situation is hurting you more because she obviously no send you! The girl is just living her life - while you seem really hurt. No need to play these hide and seek games, tell her what she did and cut if off amicably!

I see you don’t get it. As you said, she no send am. Why would he associate with person wey nor send am? That’s why he has no business with her. Person wey no send you, what then is there to cut off amicably? Nothing obviously.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by olola4(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
ziondaughter247:

You are right, we have shared alot of memories together but I know with time I will get over it, even if I get back to her the vibe can never be like before again and the friendship really stressed me mentally, hence I will just want to have my peace of mind while I forget her completely.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by olola4(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
ViVaMadrid:

I see you don’t get it. As you said, she no send am. Why would he associate with person wey nor send am? That’s why he has no business with her. Person wey no send you, what then is there to cut off amicably? Nothing obviously.

Thank you for this - It's best to ghost person wey no send you, dey your place make I dey my place.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
olola4:

Thank you very much for this! I started ghosting a very close female friend at the beginning of this year and it's almost two months now, none of us reach out to each other. She is a very foolish person and I think she is crazy kinda, I miss her though but I enjoy the peace of mind I have now.

You did not ghost her.
You simply made yourself unavailable to her games.
There’s a difference.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by IbileIfe: 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
According to a 2018 study, approximately 25 percent of men and women reported having been ghosted in a romantic relationship, and 22 percent admitted to having ghosted someone else.

I believe how people react to Ghosting depends on attitude to life, lifestyle and self-esteem.

People with low self-esteem will feel hurt, but those with high self-esteem will not feel hurt.

The most important thing in a relationship is to know your worth in the relationship.
If you are a highly valuable or worthy person, who will ghost you?
But if you have little or no value to a relationship, you can be ignored and disconnected to end the relationship.

The most effective reaction is to be positive minded and don't feel rejected.
Of what value or worth is the person ghosting you to your life and well-being?
Don't waste your time with anyone or anything that does have any value or worth in your life.

Ghosting can also be a sign of negative attitude, insecurity and depression.
So, find out if the person ghosting you is all right.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Miyachi: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
MAGG0T:
cheesy

Ghosting is part of me, especially on WhatsApp,..people no longer text me because they think I'm a snub.

To reply messages just tire me, nothing fun in doing that unless you wan bring up deal/business
This.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by phatek(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Davidganna10:
The thing dey sweet eh if you be the ghoster.
I do it a lot but it is not my fault I lose interest in ladies easily. It is a disease I'm trying to cure, I just can help it, it is like drugs.
swears bro.thought I was alone in dis
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Enemyofpeace: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
I love ghosting people, e dey sweet me for body. Presently I’m ghosting vickyrotex, ajepako, fatymore, funkebabee, folake4u, mynd44 and bola146
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by IghravweIG(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Freemasonry:
People dey make simple things difficult. If you ghost me, I ghost you.
If you get my time, I get your time.
No hard feelings. Even if na babe wey I like, I go just reprogram my head.
I can't come and kill myself for people wey no even send me.

Exactly.

Just know who dey feel your vibes and who no dey feel you and adjust accordingly.

No be everybody go feel u and that's okay.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Yhungsarm(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
i remember this girl, we started chatting on facebook but in real life she couldn't walk up to me probably because i am cute but then one faithful i asked us to meet in school bcus we both in the same faculty(Unijos). We met that faithful day then she followed me home, one thing led to another i had sex with her, after the sex we had a discussion and i told her to prevent any heartbreak it is beta to be friends with benefit but it seems she felt betrayed or so. The girl started replyinc with short words, completely ignore my chat but i was feeling guilty plus the pussy was so tight, like the best i had so far.
Personally, i usually don't give a damn but i keep messaging her even when it obvious that she is ghosting.
Now i don't know if it is the guilt or the pussy that is making me to behave like mumu, it is obvious she is ghosting me but i feel like she is a good girl and she doesn't deserve that one but another part of me want that juicy pussy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by harsysky(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Is ghosting a good thing? Yes and No. I do it because a lot of people come with baggage these days like one is a mugu. I would rather ghost one and have peace of mind than have HBP trying to adjust to somebody bringing lots and lots of baggage.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Drone95(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
If people needs you, they will eventually communicate you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by IghravweIG(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lekan239:
An old friend who actually helped me with info I used to earn when I was struggling missed out because of this ghosting of a thing

I'm someone who will always pay back any act of kindness, although to me I have paid him back fully in kindness because the information he gave me back then, I make more research about it and find out I could actually make times ten of what he was making, I told him about the latest update and he makes more money using it until it crashed.

After then I don't know maybe he feels because he has make money or I don't really know what prompted his ghosting behaviour that he had to even ghost me and will ignore my messages for like three to four days before he replied, talked to him about it so many time, but he always claimed being busy.

Got another update which is more better than the previous one and I messaged this my guy so I could passed the information, he also waited like four days before replying my hello and he is always online, I was just overwhelmed and I had to block him with the thought that no matter how busy someone his, they will always find a way to reply messages from loved one, infact there are people who they can't do but reply their message immediately no matter how busy.

Yes he helped with an update that brought food on my table when I have none, but I also helped him makes his first millions. Me if I don't want you anymore, I don't ghost someone, I rather block the person
Baba I would appreciate if we can relate? Sent you a PM
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Panda7(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
what about stalking?
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Kingosytex(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
MrLondonder:

BUT WHY U DATIN GHOST SIR?....cant u pay for woman if u cant find one?!(no oofeinse) angry

Did you read the topic at all? grin grin
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Banbanna(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
The way I see it, people who ghosts or decides to excommunicate the other have certain standards or expectations that the other person couldn't meet. Maybe she/he isn't attractive, rich, swaggy enough, etc. So the person may feel giving this/these reasons for shying away could hurt the other person's ego, but which just leaves the other person with no answers.

cornerstonee:
Because it's a total lack of respect for you as a person. It's just kinda "like you are not worth my time to even explain".

As harsh as it may sound.. Iit's a complete way of devaluing and it's very hurtfull..in my own view ghosting Is actually a way of the dominant taking an easy way out and i'sint a good relationship material anyway..

What do you think!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by cornerstonee: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
bepositive11:
I agree. It's a form of disrespect and it hurts especially when it's from someone we genuinely care about because it's also an indirect form of rejection, neglect, and abandonment

I always say that when we spot people like these, we need to hear their stories to know where they learned it from

Sometimes, their parents did it to them or their friends did it to them or a colleague did it to them and so on

Personally, I think the best thing to do is:
- if it's a person you genuinely care about, let them know that them ghosting you is hurting you. If they keep doing it, cut them out of your life and never look back
- if they try to change their ways and stop ghosting you and improve their communication with you, forgive them and keep them in your life
- if it's a stranger not worth your time, just cut them off

I hope you find this informative. And thanks for bringing up this interesting topic for discussion

Gracia's...
Great input sire

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by psalmylee(m): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Na who message me , I dey message oo, na who find me I dey find oo...God no go allow us see situation wey go make us say this words....NA ME Bleep UP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Lovebliss2(f): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
bepositive11:
I agree. It's a form of disrespect and it hurts especially when it's from someone we genuinely care about because it's also an indirect form of rejection, neglect, and abandonment

I always say that when we spot people like these, we need to hear their stories to know where they learned it from

Sometimes, their parents did it to them or their friends did it to them or a colleague did it to them and so on

Personally, I think the best thing to do is:
- if it's a person you genuinely care about, let them know that them ghosting you is hurting you. If they keep doing it, cut them out of your life and never look back
- if they try to change their ways and stop ghosting you and improve their communication with you, forgive them and keep them in your life
- if it's a stranger not worth your time, just cut them off

I hope you find this informative. And thanks for bringing up this interesting topic for discussion

I like this.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Femmyfestus: 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lekan239:
An old friend who actually helped me with info I used to earn when I was struggling missed out because of this ghosting of a thing

I'm someone who will always pay back any act of kindness, although to me I have paid him back fully in kindness because the information he gave me back then, I make more research about it and find out I could actually make times ten of what he was making, I told him about the latest update and he makes more money using it until it crashed.

After then I don't know maybe he feels because he has make money or I don't really know what prompted his ghosting behaviour that he had to even ghost me and will ignore my messages for like three to four days before he replied, talked to him about it so many time, but he always claimed being busy.

Got another update which is more better than the previous one and I messaged this my guy so I could passed the information, he also waited like four days before replying my hello and he is always online, I was just overwhelmed and I had to block him with the thought that no matter how busy someone his, they will always find a way to reply messages from loved one, infact there are people who they can't do but reply their message immediately no matter how busy.

Yes he helped with an update that brought food on my table when I have none, but I also helped him makes his first millions. Me if I don't want you anymore, I don't ghost someone, I rather block the person
Biko bro. Come share the update with me.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Whatever happened, she tried to reach out.

Do not do to someone who cares about you what you would not want someone you care about to do to you.
Golden rule from maria....

The truth is, ghosting/Ignore is one language women understand from men. grin

Ghosting is for ladies who brought games to relationship.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Polynek(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kingosytex:

I no dey block people, na you go use your hand block yourself. grin grin grin

you mean am? grin how person go block himself nal grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested? / Rare But Important Virtues That Can Only Be Found In Village Girls / She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.