Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? (31983 Views)

What Were The Most Hurtful Words You Received From Someone You Love? / Share Your "Ghosting". Experience / Abandoned After Sex? The Truth Behind Ghosting After Sex See Proves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by macho44(m): 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is called Rejection, and no one enjoys the experience. undecided
KoboJunkie ma Niggy grin
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Revelation4(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Banbanna:
The way I see it, people who ghosts or decides to excommunicate the other have certain standards or expectations that the other person couldn't meet. Maybe she/he isn't attractive, rich, swaggy enough, etc. So the person may feel giving this/these reasons for shying away could hurt the other person's ego, but which just leaves the other person with no answers.

You got it all. That's just the summary of ghosting, every other thing said here is secondary to this

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 12:01am On Mar 04, 2022
doggedfighter:
it's a new word for treating people like trash.

This is because people are becoming colder and meaner.

They're and always have been better ways of parting with people.

But because our humanity is gone hence the new lingo 'ghosting'.

It's not about humanity , some people need to be ghosted so that they can understand hi ow awful they are , being civil is nice but moving on or pretending to move on in a flash by ghosting and cutting off a person actually feels better

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by doggedfighter(f): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

It's not about humanity , some people need to be ghosted so that they can understand hi ow awful they are , being civil is nice but moving on or pretending to move on in a flash by ghosting and cutting off a person actually feels better

Many have ghosted good people. Were they awful too?
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 12:04am On Mar 04, 2022
marsman:

If dem no give you value give your self value. Its a choice to be valueless actually.

Very true
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

Many have ghosted good people. Were they awful too?

Read what I typed "some people need to be ghosted "

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 12:14am On Mar 04, 2022
Sammy101111:
Ghosting
Is when you give someone attention and they dont give you as requested you ghost them and let them be .

Normally if i call you 4 times a day and you are doing any how with me be lucky to see my call once or flashing

That's not ghosting , that's you not able to accept rejection, ghosting is when you already have something going , she's talking and he's talking and out of nowhere one person stops giving that vibe , it usually happens to girls after they have sex with a guy and he thinks he's won a Grammy and he's done with her and it happens with guys when the girl has another guy that's better coming at the same time or when she's seen nothing interesting in you after awhile of talking
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Jetbound: 5:53am On Mar 04, 2022
cornerstonee:
Because it's a total lack of respect for you as a person. It's just kinda "like you are not worth my time to even explain".

As harsh as it may sound.. Iit's a complete way of devaluing and it's very hurtfull..in my own view ghosting Is actually a way of the dominant taking an easy way out and i'sint a good relationship material anyway..

What do you think!

Ghosting is a form of emotional abuse but most Nigerians still do that sh*t

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 10:55am On Mar 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Golden rule from maria....

The truth is, ghosting/Ignore is one language women understand from men. grin

Ghosting is for ladies who brought games to relationship.. undecided

When manipulation by one party is involved, then it is not ghosting when the other person decides not to tolerate it.
It is making one’s self unavailable, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Do you know that some people might feel you ghosted them, when on your part, you just simply stopped communicating with them? And they themselves don’t reach out from time to time, they expect you to do that instead.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by DhanBaba(m): 11:26am On Mar 04, 2022
Make I just dey follow trends
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ghost kor undecided spirit ni undecided
Most of una just like to dey disturb unaself with unnecessary chest pain

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Chrisslim(m): 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
danietohbadt:
Lol
Ghosting dey always sweet the Ghoster
But you see the Ghostee

Na chest pain go kill am

grin grin grin
u wicked aswear

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by bepositive11: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
cornerstonee:

Gracia's...
Great input sire

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

When manipulation by one party is involved, then it is not ghosting when the other person decides not to tolerate it.
It is making one’s self unavailable, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Do you know that some people might feel you ghosted them, when on your part, you just simply stopped communicating with them. And they themselves don’t reach out from time to time, they expect you to do that instead.
Lol...My rules regarding relationship is...Give and take...

Aka onye wetata ka aga eji eso ya.

Some people always make the relationship just about them, the other party can go to hell...Women are on this table... angry

She want the care and attention, when you focus on the bag, ya wuo na ihu hu zi kwa ya n'anya...That you place money over her. grin

Ike gwuru....I battle this kind issue with last babe..Ihe ahu fugburu m, to extent I had to tell her to get busy.. lipsrsealed Though a siri m ya ndo later, but she forgive and never forgot...Little issues she reminds me of that scenario angry till the break up..She just felt I am tired of her..Anyway o wuni past case smiley

Ya wuru maka ghosting, I don't think I av ever ghosted somebody's daughter...When I am done in relationship, I usually make the lady see things clearly...No need ghosting who is committed to me....

But Av ghosted a secondary school parley, whose Idea of making money was not in line with my believes..When I suspected he can do anything to get it, I ghosted him.I still regretted...Because that was the only Friend that has my back in secondary school..We were like twins...He visits my house steady...We share everything...He even visited me from futo to Unizik.. angry During school days...Is painful I lost the friendship maka ihe ego uwa...We are friends that view eachothers status but no comment.. undecided now.

Communication is Important...Especially in relationship..It shouldn't be one sided, otherwise the one that calls most will lose interest with time...And it might be unawares for the other party.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
Everyone wants to level up, I ghost broke girls all day.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...My rules regarding relationship is...Give and take...

Aka onye wetata ka aga eji eso ya.

Some people always make the relationship just about them, the other party can go to hell...Women are on this table... angry

She want the care and attention, when you focus on the bag, ya wuo na ihu hu zi kwa ya n'anya...That you place money over her. grin

Ike gwuru....I battle this kind issue with last babe..Ihe ahu fugburu m, to extent I had to tell her to get busy.. lipsrsealed Though a siri m ya ndo later, but she forgive and never forgot...Little issues she reminds me of that scenario angry till the break up..She just felt I am tired of her..Anyway o wuni past case smiley

Ya wuru maka ghosting, I don't think I av ever ghosted somebody's daughter...When I am done in relationship, I usually make the lady see things clearly...No need ghosting who is committed to me....

But Av ghosted a secondary school parley, whose Idea of making money was not in line with my believes..When I suspected he can do anything to get it, I ghosted him.I still regretted...Because that was the only Friend that has my back in secondary school..We were like twins...He visits my house steady...We share everything...He even visited me from futo to Unizik.. angry During school days...Is painful I lost the friendship maka ihe ego uwa...We are friends that view eachothers status but no comment.. undecided now.

Communication is Important...Especially in relationship..It shouldn't be one sided, otherwise the one that calls most will lose interest with time...And it might be unawares for the other party.

Only a few have discovered the power of taking charge. cheesy
As I am, I can never leave myself vulnerable to the point of letting the other person dictate the pace of our communication. That is too much risk. cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Only a few have discovered the power of taking charge. cheesy
As I am, I can never leave myself vulnerable to the point of letting the other person dictate the pace of our communication. That is too much risk. cheesy
Taking charge is a thing for the Alphas...We have it in both male and female...

The bolded is something av observed about you...You play too safe not to make yourself vulnerable... When we started talking here, gi a si mu e sendikwara la gi DM...lol...That was a defence without getting to know the person first grin

Your safety mode di ka defence mechanism Putin.. cheesy Very high..probably due to what you have seen or read here and there...

As to detecting the pace, You know our naija ladies will enjoy the man doing most, though I can't say for all.

My definition of relationship ugbu a wu aka nri kwuo aka ikpa, Aka ikpa akwuo aka nri...Ha n'ile adi ocha.

Don't stress yourself to, if your partner isn't...When people love, they make the sacrifice.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Taking charge is a thing for the Alphas...We have it in both male and female...

The bolded is something av observed about you...You play too safe not to make yourself vulnerable... When we started talking here, gi a si mu e sendikwara la gi DM...lol...That was a defence without getting to know the person first grin

I chetara? grin
O wu maka n’owu gi, that was why I gave you heads up just in case, so that it doesn’t appear disrespectful.
Ya wuru ndi ozo, I just ignore.

Your safety mode di ka defence mechanism Putin.. cheesy Very high..probably due to what you have seen or read here and there...

I’m just being careful here.

As to detecting the pace, You know our naija ladies will enjoy the man doing most, though I can't say for all.

As a female, when you let the man do most of the work, you’re not taking full advantage of the power of your femininity. cheesy

My definition of relationship ugbu a wu aka nri kwuo aka ikpa, Aka ikpa akwuo aka nri...Ha n'ile adi ocha.

Don't stress yourself to, if your partner isn't...When people love, they make the sacrifice.

If you’re partner is not willing to give as much as you do to the relationship, it is better to let them go than settle for less.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

I chetara? grin
O wu maka n’owu gi, that was why I gave you heads up just in case, so that it doesn’t appear disrespectful.
Ya wuru ndi ozo, I just ignore.

I’m just being careful here.

As a female, when you let the man do most of the work, you’re not taking full advantage of the power of your femininity. cheesy

If you’re partner is not willing to give as much as you do to the relationship, it is better to let them go than settle for less.
E chetara m o... cheesy
O nwere ndi nwoke na e sendiri gi DM e be a okwaya? Smh for ndi nairaland anyi a...Onye i na ahu beghi sef undecided...I don't even know how that DM works here..The first I tried wu my frnd Naza..Mgbe o nwere ihe m choro i connect ya to na lagos that year...And we are friends till date. Thats the only person M meetiri ebe a and we took it out of here...Ezigbo mmadu o.

I have met a lot of people here as well through agro biz...In fact onwere a time every week, 3 or 4 persons will chat me up..How did you get my contact, ha si m Nairaland.

You being very very careful.. grin there some questions I will ask, ihe ga apu gi na onu wu, mba o...O wudi kwa ngaa.. grin grin
Your alertness eeh!!!
Mana I huru udi mmadu, onye i medara obi hu n'anya, I ga eji ya e choke onye ahu... grin grin

Kowara m ihe I meaniri @bolded.

That is just it...otherwise the person who sacrifice most will become the fool.
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
Munzy14:

E chetara m o... cheesy
O nwere ndi nwoke na e sendiri gi DM e be a okwaya?
Yes na.

Smh for ndi nairaland anyi a...Onye i na ahu beghi sef undecided...

I don't even know how that DM works here..The first I tried wu my frnd Naza..Mgbe o nwere ihe m choro i connect ya to na lagos that year...And we are friends till date. Thats the only person M meetiri ebe a and we took it out of here...Ezigbo mmadu o.

I have met a lot of people here as well through agro biz...In fact onwere a time every week, 3 or 4 persons will chat me up..How did you get my contact, ha si m Nairaland.
Did you leave your number here before?

You being very very careful.. grin there some questions I will ask, ihe ga apu gi na onu wu, mba o...O wudi kwa ngaa.. grin grin
Your alertness eeh!!!

You do know that there are stalkers here who go through people’s post right?

Mana I huru udi mmadu, onye i medara obi hu n'anya, I ga eji ya e choke onye ahu... grin grin

You should know that my personality gives freedom. cheesy

Kowara m ihe I meaniri @bolded.

That is just it...otherwise the person who sacrifice most will become the fool.

I wouldn’t want to reveal much on it, but let’s just say men love to be babied by the woman they love, no matter how tough they may seem. cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 6:05am On Mar 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Yes na.

Did you leave your number here before?

You do know that there are stalkers here who go through people’s post right?

You should know that my personality gives freedom. cheesy

I wouldn’t want to reveal much on it, but let’s just say men love to be babied by the woman they love, no matter how tough they may seem. cheesy
Lol...smh..Umu nwoke nzuzu ka ha wu...It is faceless stuff here, I ga ni ihu mmadu, before gi eme we moves.....Even though one can be hooked by discussions.

Yes na...Mgbe m so na ndi bu ishi agro section...Infact agro section wu ihe kporo la m bia na Nairaland...The calls where too much..Then when I and my team run training online and offline it was something else..A time I was in Ilorin, I met a lot of nairalanders...that was the day I realized men and women older than my parents juru e be a...Doctors, professors as well...CEOs, captains of Industries are here... smiley

I was happy, I respect myself here...Though my personality respects myself online and offline...Imagined if I was an urchin here, now standing and teaching these people, ka wu ha legide m anya eeh! Ha ga si legodi onye nke a grin grin

It is good to be good..

Yea, stalkers plenty here...Even I suspect my ex stalk my posts here as well...Right from when I started talking to you. She knows my handle here.
But I am unbothered..It is normal for ex stalking..
Mma m si onye nwere time na ayo akpu(ferments cassava) grin

Hapu ihe zodiac, love ji eme ya overshadow sometimescheesy
When I mean choke, I don't mean you will frustrate with it o, I mean you will come with loads of love...And which man will reject loads of it? grin grin none.

Yes na, We love to be babied...In excess. grin grin I personally do..And that is indoors o...Outside I can be a little bit shy and very tough..A mechanism to project my strength as a man.

I dated a babe likiri PDA...experience kariri...Crazy babe..In public baby hug me well, maybe kiss me na.. grin grin grin....She was crazy inside and outside..Mad fun. smiley
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...smh..Umu nwoke nzuzu ka ha wu...It is faceless stuff here, I ga ni ihu mmadu, before gi eme we moves.....Even though one can be hooked by discussions.

Yes na...Mgbe m so na ndi bu ishi agro section...Infact agro section wu ihe kporo la m bia na Nairaland...The calls where too much..Then when I and my team run training online and offline it was something else..A time I was in Ilorin, I met a lot of nairalanders...that was the day I realized men and women older than my parents juru e be a...Doctors, professors as well...CEOs, captains of Industries are here... smiley

I was happy, I respect myself here...Though my personality respects myself online and offline...Imagined if I was an urchin here, now standing and teaching these people, ka wu ha legide m anya eeh! Ha ga si legodi onye nke a grin grin

It is good to be good..

Yea, stalkers plenty here...Even I suspect my ex stalk my posts here as well...Right from when I started talking to you. She knows my handle here.
But I am unbothered..It is normal for ex stalking..
Mma m si onye nwere time na ayo akpu(ferments cassava) grin

Hapu ihe zodiac, love ji eme ya overshadow sometimescheesy
When I mean choke, I don't mean you will frustrate with it o, I mean you will come with loads of love...And which man will reject loads of it? grin grin none.

Yes na, We love to be babied...In excess. grin grin I personally do..And that is indoors o...Outside I can be a little bit shy and very tough..A mechanism to project my strength as a man.

I dated a babe likiri PDA...experience kariri...Crazy babe..In public baby hug me well, maybe kiss me na.. grin grin grin....She was crazy inside and outside..Mad fun. smiley

Happy Sunday. cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Ronnnie: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
worldclass68:
Ghosting sweet hen... grin
She talk tire for her status, I no react, cool
She explained everything that happened to the relationship, who's fault, whatever,... I no react cool
She even mentioned my name , pim I no talk sad
Or react through my status.

The world sees this as Ghosting...this is just remaining calm and not being dragged into trash that isn't productive in your life...That's a Sigma male move bro...nice one

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Ronnnie: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Anobella:

I dated one girl like that at work. When she started her rubbish I ghosted her for 1yr.. she kneel down beg me tire she wrote about 5 letters to me. She had a gang with her friends against me .. I ghost all of them. She told her current bf about me . I ghost she and d guy d guy sef con day vex say I ghost am ..... she now started preaching that she doesn't know what she has done and we don't know when we would die . She said if my enemy dies now I might go to hell bcs I ghost her .

When her friends told me d I upgrade d ghosting

I hate rubbish
Wicked soul you are grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Happy Sunday. cheesy
Lol...wetin happen yesterday?

Energy crisis a nor ebe n'ile orutere your side yesterday? cheesy

Wishing you same smiley
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...wetin happen yesterday?

Energy crisis a nor ebe n'ile orutere your side yesterday? cheesy

Wishing you same smiley

O nwehu o.
O ruru e ru, mana o wuhu pitch black darkness all through. cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

O nwehu o.
O ruru e ru, mana o wuhu pitch black darkness all through. cheesy
I gbara oso ebe a yesterday okwaya?

Gini chuga gi grin

Oku nor kwa ebe a at least 21hrs a day.

Fuel wu nke wu zi 250 lipsrsealed Rubbish country.

Sunday gi o na aga kwa ofuma?
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
Munzy14:

I gbara oso ebe a yesterday okwaya?

Gini chuga gi grin

Oku nor kwa ebe a at least 21hrs a day.

Fuel wu nke wu zi 250 lipsrsealed Rubbish country.

Sunday gi o na aga kwa ofuma?

A si'm ka'm nyetu unu ohere nga. cheesy

O na a ga ofuma. The weather here is pleasantly humid.

Ehen! I ma si otu akwa a wuziela #80?
O foro ntakiri ya wuo #100 otu I shiri kwuo na mgbe gara-aga. sad
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

A si'm ka'm nyetu unu ohere nga. cheesy

O na a ga ofuma. The weather here is pleasantly humid.

Ehen! I ma si otu akwa a wuziela #80?
O foro ntakiri ya wuo #100 otu I shiri kwuo na mgbe gara-aga. sad
O kwa esoro la m na unu... cheesy Ngwanu na.

We've been having a mix of it since last week...

Hahahaha..Every smart business person is like a politician, they calculate and do projessions for the future occurrences to a greater percentage.

Before the second quarter of the year goes half, it may get to or exceed 100naira per egg.

With the current War between Russia and Ukraine, things are about to go higher with speed of light..
With 80naira per one, that means wholesalers sell at 1800 -2100 per crate.

Then, retailers sell 2200 and above for a crate.

I sell 1500...It was yesterday I instructed the guy in charge to step up to 1600...Before we spend all weekly profit on fuel lipsrsealed

My motto in business is Available and Affordable Some humans are still insatiable. BUT, I don't let them destabilize my principles.

A time will come when, you will have to keep your money in foreign currency.. angry The moment they fail to bringing a young and intelligent technocrat to fix the Buhari mess, I will give up and convert things to assets and foreign currency..The country is on autopilot grin
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Mariangeles(f): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Munzy14:

O kwa esoro la m na unu... cheesy Ngwanu na.

Mbakwa o! cheesy

We've been having a mix of it since last week...

Hahahaha..Every smart business person is like a politician, they calculate and do projessions for the future occurrences to a greater percentage.
You do know how to think ahead. cheesy

As at the time you predicted it, I still bought 3 eggs for about #120, now see... undecided

Before the second quarter of the year goes half, it may get to or exceed 100naira per egg.

I ka n'ekwu? Biko kwa! cheesy
Onye amuma.

With the current War between Russia and Ukraine, things are about to go higher with speed of light..
With 80naira per one, that means wholesalers sell at 1800 -2100 per crate.

Then, retailers sell 2200 and above for a crate.

I sell 1500...It was yesterday I instructed the guy in charge to step up to 1600...Before we spend all weekly profit on fuel lipsrsealed

My motto in business is Available and Affordable Some humans are still insatiable. BUT, I don't let them destabilize my principles.

You sell quite cheap.
The eggs we buy in Lagos, come majorly from Ogun state I think.

A time will come when, you will have to keep your money in foreign currency.. angry The moment they fail to bringing a young and intelligent technocrat to fix the Buhari mess, I will give up and convert things to assets and foreign currency..The country is on autopilot grin

May God help us. cheesy
Re: Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? by Munzy14(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mbakwa o! cheesy

You do know how to think ahead. cheesy

As at the time you predicted it, I still bought 3 eggs for about #120, now see... undecided

I ka n'ekwu? Biko kwa! cheesy
Onye amuma.

You sell quite cheap.
The eggs we buy in Lagos, come majorly from Ogun state I think.

May God help us. cheesy
Isi mbakwa ka o wu mbakwe grin

Business eme la brain na enwu ka oku abanyere petrol.. cheesy If not opportunities will keep passing.

Very cheap...Thats the affordability. cool
Yes Ogun feeds Lagos...I have associates who have farms in Ogun...like OPE farms, forthworth farms even depearlfarms..you can check them on Insta...

Ala lagos di onu...you can't spend millions to buy land just to farm..

Plus human expansion is high there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How A Nairalander Spent Her Valentines Day / How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys / Nigerian Bride Brings Ghana-must-go Bag To Wedding, Receives Cash From Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.