Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT (34973 Views)

Two Years After, FG Loses ₦2.4 Billion To Land Border Closure In Ogun / FG Loses N34bn Fraud Case Against Tompolo’s Firm, Others / COVID-19: FG Loses N20 Billion In 7 Days As Banks Stop Operations In Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by mannobi(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Congratulations to Lagos and rivers and ogun state
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Iceberg3: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2022
fatatoulli:
Kudos to Wike for championing the VAT struggle for States. He'll go down in history as the father of restructuring for the new Nigeria.

Thank you very much.
But the very sad thing is, Nigerians hate people like Wike.

Ask the likes of seunmsg legenghero Siwisheswereesh flokii mannabbqgrillss

3 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Bosenan: 7:08am On Mar 02, 2022
ExplorationHub:

The Commissioner for Information, Julius Ishaya, said the latest development is more complex than a lot of people understand.

Ishaya who made this disclosure to one of our correspondents said, “For us aside from passing it as a law, there will be a need for states to sit down and sort out things.

“For instance VAT is value added tax on goods and services. If you buy airtime, instead of it being done at the organisation’s head office, it is meant for them to separate it to know cards used around the Gombe area and remit the VAT to the state unlike what was obtained in the recent past.

“That is the complicated issue, there is more than meets the eye but it is not a simple thing as people expect. We will increase our productivity and other economic activities to make sure we attract value addition.”
https://punchng.com/fg-loses-out-nass-affirms-states-power-to-collect-vat/

To show u how dull this guy is, i am sure he has never encountered anything more complicated in his life, living off public common wealth

4 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Cantonese: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2022
Very good. So Kano with their Hisbah can leave VAT from alchohol and face other sources of revenue generation as the Hisbah commander told us recently.

4 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by bayelsaowei(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2022
fatatoulli:
Kudos to Wike for championing the VAT struggle for States. He'll go down in history as the father of restructuring for the new Nigeria.
it still doesn't matter..the fool won't pay pension and salaries...usel3ss governments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Ajibocode1: 7:14am On Mar 02, 2022
that is good for them
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Fortune109: 7:21am On Mar 02, 2022
ceaser:
I love this.

Local Government autonomy - Check

Generation, transmission and distribution of power moved from exclusive to concurrent list - Check

And now this.

So it seems these lawmakers know that most of them are not coming back for another term with the electoral law signed intk law since Nigerians are already getting prepped to punish them at the polls. So they too want to dabarú everything before they move.

It is a win for the good people of Nigerians.

It's a fight back!

The moment Buhari decides to support the Governors against the NASS Members on Direct /Indirect Primaries...the Law Makers are simply also using their Powers to clip the wings of the Governors and the Federal Government too at least if most of them won't come back...

It's a Win Win for Nigerians!

5 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Blackdisciple(m): 7:22am On Mar 02, 2022
Lolz nice one , Gov Wike you are a real niggarrr

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Cantonese: 7:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Many thanks to Gov. Nyesom Wike for his effort. Hopefully more funds for developmental purposes can get into the purses of the states and not the purses of politicians.

“ Independent candidacy in presidential, governorship, National Assembly, Houses of Assembly and local government council elections scaled through at the senate. 94 senators registered to vote, 89 voted in support while five voted against”. Fantastic. Now parties can eat their tickets with their shakara and hopefully there will be youths willing to run for positions.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Blackdisciple(m): 7:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
This is a good one. Let Hisbah that bans alcohol forget about VAT from it

Na there their sense go finish.....
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Coronavirus1: 7:27am On Mar 02, 2022
Good news to state government they are smiling to the bank.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by SmartPolician: 7:29am On Mar 02, 2022
This is a good step. A rep from Niger Delta should also push for resource control too.

This is the debate they should be having now, not reserving seats for women in parliament. Who dem help? shocked
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by YourRealFather: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:
This is a good step. A rep from Niger Delta should also push for resource control too.

This is the debate they should be having now, not reserving seats for women in parliament. Who dem help? shocked
Those feminist will come for your head grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Akpan107(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2022
canalily:
They will still collect and embezzle it... Smiles this time with force
It's better for states to collect it and embezzled than for federal government to collect it and embezzled...

At least, the states will still benefit more than leaving it for the FG.

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Ayoola171(m): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2022
That's good.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Akpan107(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2022
KingOKON:

Better to embezzle at state level than take it to Abuja to chop and clean mouth, all those big men pikin for FIRS go find new work
God bless you...

2 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by rolams(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2022
PressMyButton:

It started first in Lagos

Are you in Nigeria?

Do you listen to news?

Are you new here?

Do you watch TV at all?

I guess you don't. Otherwise, you would have known the fruitful struggle started from Rivers State.

4 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Impressive
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Yezzy(m): 7:50am On Mar 02, 2022
While we jubilate. A particular bill failed to pass. Which is the procedure to recall failed member representing a constituency
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by rolams(m): 7:52am On Mar 02, 2022
PressMyButton:

It started in Lagos years ago but lost on technical ground ( suing the FG). What Wike did was explore the technicality & sue the appropriate agency (FIRS).

We are not talking about a failed mission but a fruitful one. Kudos to Lagos State for the joinder.

2 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Aderewah: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2022
rolams:

Are you in Nigeria?

Do you listen to news?

Are you new here?

Do you watch TV at all?

I guess you don't. Otherwise, you would have known it whole struggle started from Rivers State.

Lagos sued FG first on VAT. Do your research.

2 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Ikpongiton: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2022
Arc Victor Atta championed the onshore-offshore dichotomy and now Wike is winning the vat war.Kudos to the true son of niger delta.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by rolams(m): 8:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Aderewah:

Lagos sued FG first on VAT. Do your research.

And failed, right?

What step do they take after that?

Let's commend Wike abeg. I be Lagosian, but let's put sentiment apart. I love the fact that Lagos State quickly passed the law and joined in the suit. God bless both states!

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by jcross19: 8:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Dawn91:
But I read somewhere on this forum that it was voted against.

I need to see a credible Nairalander to verify this .

FreestuffNg .
angry
I thought this bill was voted against
you are calling on APC clown to help you out!!!..

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by skywalker240(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2022
It's been long i heard a good news from this cespit

Good news
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by daddy001: 8:14am On Mar 02, 2022
Khaysee:
More funds for states for project

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery Turkey shirts chinos 4k only
can you do payment on delivery to Ijebi ode, Ogun state
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by timefarm(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2022
Where is benuejosh.

No more free money up and down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by Khaysee: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2022
daddy001:
can you do payment on delivery to Ijebi ode, Ogun state

Lagos only full payment outside Lagos
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by perryy(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2022
rxmusa:
Finally! Alhamdulillah!! Congratulations!!!
Now we don't have to be forced to enjoy from beer and wine VATs.

You guys will eat sand without our money. You will beg people to drink beer so that you can earn Vat. Lazy folks.

2 Likes

Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by prophetfire: 8:22am On Mar 02, 2022
Dawn91:
But I read somewhere on this forum that it was voted against.

I need to see a credible Nairalander to verify this .

FreestuffNg .
angry
I thought this bill was voted against
. I saw it yesterday on this nairaland too.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by themanderon: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Good. countries make laws according to the new realities on ground. We cannot continue to do things like it was done in the past when its clear things are not working.
Re: FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT by ShaqFu: 8:24am On Mar 02, 2022
Good. Very good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai Digging It Out In A Football Field (photo) / Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara / Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.