Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (83307 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Op, abeg help me check how gambia goat be... tired of hearing our igbo brothers calling one *Ewu Gambia*

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Fortune109: 11:32am On Mar 03, 2022
feelgoodstuffs:
You just got to Gambia and you know all these things within few hours?
OP how long have you been in the country? Anyways If I know when you were about to travel, would have sold you few dalasis I have left.

These guys are Nairaland staff...

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by nzeobi(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2022
elijah101:
so what are they doing right that nigeria is doing wrong , because they too have corruption there

There's no country where there's no corruption but the higher the corruption, the less efficient the system is.

The problem of Nigeria is that Nigeria is not programmed to work.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by omurphy23456: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2022
I ones stayed in Gambia for 8years, their currency have absolutely more value than the naira but note it doesn't mean you will make it easily oh. in 2012 before i left that country, banks were still paying fresh employee an equivalent of 40k while our banks were already paying about 70k for freshers then.
Security there is excellent, but dont get me wrong their police officers are also corrupt, but law abiding when it comes to human right.
Food stuffs are cheap there eg . Fresh fishes from Tange sea shore, meats are far cheaper, used cloths are extremely cheaper there.
For tourism - Gambia is an excellent place - senegambia, colony, bacoteh , buffer zone, fajara, etc.
Back then in 2008- for a whole 30 days we dont see power failure, that alone spore us to paying our utility bills without complaining.
I LOVE THE GAMBIA!!!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Emmanitebest: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2022
What job can one find over there?

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by joey150(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2022
janvier27:
I still don't understand why it's cheaper to fly to east African countries which are farther away than to Gambia.

Most likely because airlines don't fly there very often and so have to hike price to break even.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by tillaman(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2022
Haakeem:
u no sabi readangry
Okemute he just updated it
You stupid wankerr

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Giovannialonso: 11:38am On Mar 03, 2022
Oga abeg post pictures of those girls very important and pictures of the environment I feel naija don dey tire me
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by tillaman(m): 11:38am On Mar 03, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
Alika

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Dialpad: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2022
Share some pictures...

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Haakeem(m): 11:40am On Mar 03, 2022
tillaman:
Okemute he just updated it You stupid wankerr
but you can never modify mine, who is more stupid naw?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by nzeobi(m): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2022
udemzyudex:
223000 to Gambia.

Ok.

The dollar rate of 570 makes it cost of transport expensive
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2022
Frankie6835:
How much 4 day break with 2 olosho

Lol. SMH grin

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by porthouse7(f): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2022
feelgoodstuffs:
You just got to Gambia and you know all these things within few hours?
OP how long have you been in the country? Anyways If I know when you were about to travel, would have sold you few dalasis I have left.
same thing I want to point out, electricity is not stable in Gambia, d roads are terrible

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by nzeobi(m): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2022
udemzyudex:

Ghana money get value does it mean their economy is better?

Know the difference between big and good economy
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2022
porthouse7:
same thing I want to point out, electricity is not stable in Gambia, d roads are terrible

Hmm
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by TosinIkusemi(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2022
I want to see pictures please!!!
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by porthouse7(f): 11:45am On Mar 03, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

You haven't left your ghetto you are shouting
very true, electricity is a epileptic as in Nigeria... I have a doctor friend in Gambia d roads are bad as in very bad

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by tillaman(m): 11:47am On Mar 03, 2022
Haakeem:
but you can never modify mine, who is more stupid naw?
nice one
You don win this one but this isn’t over
You will be hearing from my lawyers embarassed

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Haakeem(m): 11:49am On Mar 03, 2022
tillaman:
nice one
You don win this one but this isn’t over
You will be hearing from my lawyers embarassed
bruh hunger dey. Leave me alone.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by RillJ(m): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2022
Photo evidences or wedonbilivit
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by BigBashiru: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2022
I tell people, migrate within Africa and forget Europe but they won't hear....

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by chrizzyace: 11:52am On Mar 03, 2022
Samfloxin:
The value of their currency to naira?

Learn to read the article before you comment. He already mentioned it
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by BigBashiru: 11:53am On Mar 03, 2022
omurphy23456:
I ones stayed in Gambia for 8years, their currency have absolutely more value than the naira but note it doesn't mean you will make it easily oh. in 2012 before i left that country, banks were still paying fresh employee an equivalent of 40k while our banks were already paying about 70k for freshers then.
Security there is excellent, but dont get me wrong their police officers are also corrupt, but law abiding when it comes to human right.
Food stuffs are cheap there eg . Fresh fishes from Tange sea shore, meats are far cheaper, used cloths are extremely cheaper there.
For tourism - Gambia is an excellent place - senegambia, colony, bacoteh , buffer zone, fajara, etc.
Back then in 2008- for a whole 30 days we dont see power failure, that alone spore us to paying our utility bills without complaining.
I LOVE THE GAMBIA!!!

We must drive out the western European savages from the Gambia all other African Countries. Let them go and enjoy their "first world"....savages....

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by WarriFirstBorn(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2022
The purpose of this thread is defeated without pictures na angry angry angry How can you be making a post about a country you visited and hyping without a single post

You should have started with pictures from their airport. Your journey on their road. Pictures of the so called ebony beauties. Some nice houses. Their foods even though you just got there some three days ago.

These are what makes your post salivating.

This is as good as someone opening a thread from his house in Ojuelegba grin grin grin grin

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by TruthUntold: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:
Congratulations. Are you staying there permanently? Coz I'm thinking of moving to another country in Africa just that the job I presently do in Nigeria pay very well. But this issue of insecurity, electricity etc is making me go nuts. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday to power my house. Are they jobs there? What do you think about setting up a business there?
A 250 solar setup will power everything in your house including fridge, try it.

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Dnlblessed(m): 11:55am On Mar 03, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america
Don't think like that cus guy don pay him dues,make him get him fun time.
We all go do the same.
You go like suffer head oo.
It takes a plane 4 hours and you dey talk of going by road .. safe journey

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.
they have Somali gurls there
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by DenreleDave(m): 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
angry angry grin grin
Mrkumareze:
Op, abeg help me check how gambia goat be... tired of hearing our igbo brothers calling one *Ewu Gambia*
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ALFADOS(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.
Nice one, but you for give us some background pictures now my G, next time do that please
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Hannover(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
TruthUntold:

A 250 solar setup will power everything in your house including fridge, try it.

How much is it?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by VIKTO83(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Sure u can go by road. U spend nothing less than 4days on d road if u know the route. Gambia is a nice place but to me is more like a tourist done than where business thrives. I've been there twice. Most guys making it 'good' there are into drugs and other guys are there due to its stable electricity that aids their internet 'Business' plus those who wish to take upward movement from there to Europe.
Generally they are nice people and respect Nigerians so well due to the role we played in stabilizingtheir judicial system and security system.
Their chief judge of federation then happen to be a Nigerian and some other top govt positions too.
Generally it's not a busibess friendly place because of its population and restrictions at their border zones.

If u are looking for where u can go to rest and catch sum fun, Gambia is a nice plug but for businesses, certainly not buying and selling because u can't depend on 2million people.

Nigeria remains the best plug for business any day, any year.
Busibess is all about population.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience.