Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (82931 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:07am On Mar 03, 2022
Iamicekid:

Is it visa free to Nigeria and if yes how many months and if No how do one go about the visa application
And also converted to Naira how much is rent for a room and sitting room self con in a very nice area per month and how much is other utilities bills like water, electricity and most especially food
It is Visa free (visit mostly). Gambia is our ECOWAS brother na.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by chidekings(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2022
udemzyudex:

Na so e easy to make millions.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Okeyy30: 11:08am On Mar 03, 2022
descarado:
To actually do what?

If some of you want to migrate, at least look for a better country.

I will not advice anybody to go there for business, their population is too small, they rely mainly on customers from Guinea Bissau and Senegal to come and buy.

Many of our people there hardly think of coming back again due to low income. Because to come back here, it's either by air that will costs upto 240k which many don't have or by land that takes like 10 days to reach Lagos.

Many are stranded there like I said before.

18 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by drfeyisayo(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2022
E shoke
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Pavillon: 11:09am On Mar 03, 2022
Anaerobi:
Are they Religious Bigot?

I no too like people way d treat other religion like sh*t

Lool,
You know I do tease them about been more Christian than their actual religion, Islam.

They are religion tolerant. They celebrate Chritsmas , Easter and other Christian holidays even more than the Christians there.

11 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by AngelicBeing: 11:09am On Mar 03, 2022
wink
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by bigcasava1(m): 11:09am On Mar 03, 2022
Is beer allowed? Because I must drink alcohol oo

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by zumbigbo(m): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2022
Telegram234:
Op go and sit-down.
If no be USA,Uk, canada, australia.... Finish...

Black skin, white brain.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by warlordd(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:
Congratulations. Are you staying there permanently? Coz I'm thinking of moving to another country in Africa just that the job I presently do in Nigeria pay very well. But this issue of insecurity, electricity etc is making me go nuts. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday to power my house. Are they jobs there? What do you think about setting up a business there?

Very important questions.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by duncan511: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2022
Gambia is a nice Place, Just that you need money to take care of your expenses as first comer, because there is no Job there unless you are going there to establish then u will be comfortable but remove Jobs from your dictionary when going there, because I have stay there, and there house is some how expensive and there is steady power supply, one thing like them for is that, if the street light have light you will have but if the street light off then you will not also have. They use Pre paid meter throughout the country, no carry of lader upon and down

17 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by warlordd(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2022
Iamicekid:

Is it visa free to Nigeria and if yes how many months and if No how do one go about the visa application
And also converted to Naira how much is rent for a room and sitting room self con in a very nice area per month and how much is other utilities bills like water, electricity and most especially food
Very important questions.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Enemyofpeace: 11:16am On Mar 03, 2022
Op are good are their girls in bed? Do they have melodious and loud ringtones? Are they screamers, moaners or log of woods like most girls on nairaland? Please answer me as I don’t want to waste my time travelling there for nothing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by MrMcJay(m): 11:16am On Mar 03, 2022
descarado:

Don't worry, the law will catch up with you.

Foreign gig ke.

Check my profile and delete this nonsense you typed.
Don't let your fingers put you in trouble.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Ebubu: 11:16am On Mar 03, 2022
Sanchez01:

Nigeria is not conducive for tech bros. Electricity, harassment and all.

Nigeria is not it at all.

True

Electricity and harassment

Police and SSS think all tech boys are doing yahoo

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Clash01: 11:16am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:

In terms of security .. mehn I won't lie to know Nigeria still have over 50yrs to reach the gambia level thanks to corruption.. my guy the they haven't taken the light since three days now since I got here.
Compared to when I was living here things seem better honestly

In jos Nigeria, I really can't remember the last time they seized our electricity, and if they do it doesn't take up to 1hr to bring it back.

14 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by warlordd(m): 11:17am On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:

I made my research about the country. It's visa free for Nigerians
It is supposed to be visa free since it is a West African country.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by duncan511: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Op are good are their girls in bed? Do they have melodious and loud ringtones? Are they screamers, moaners or log of woods like most girls on nairaland? Please answer me as I don’t want to waste my time travelling there for nothing
Their girls are good, they like Nigeria men a lot because they spent money on them when compared to Gambia men, they are black Beaut.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Yankiss(m): 11:19am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.
no single picture?

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Sensiblerealist: 11:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Make Una dey try put punctuation marks nah no matter how sparingly. Kilode angry shocked

Iamicekid:

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by BigBashiru: 11:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

I've beensaying this for a long time that Africans should start looking inward and back to the continent....

If it was 3rd world as they claim then why are the western European savages living there??

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
nzeobi:
Most African countries have steady power or near steady power and a working system and if you travel you will marvel.

The only good thing about Nigeria which makes it attractive is it's huge consuming population and nothing again.

Gbam!
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by BigBashiru: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:
Congratulations. Are you staying there permanently? Coz I'm thinking of moving to another country in Africa just that the job I presently do in Nigeria pay very well. But this issue of insecurity, electricity etc is making me go nuts. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday to power my house. Are they jobs there? What do you think about setting up a business there?

Use solar 70% of the time and fuel 30% of the time for fridge etc

Main problem we have in Nigeria is that N10k no get value again

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Classickj(m): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america
What stop you from given a wish guy that same amount or something close
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:26am On Mar 03, 2022
gidado14:

what do think will happen if in Nigeria we are just 2 million people?

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by teezzybee: 11:27am On Mar 03, 2022
What is the last four digit of your debit card, the three digit at the back and finally, your pin? I want to use it for research. Na you say make I ask for any information o.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by nzeobi(m): 11:27am On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

That's because

1.Most African countries don't try to give everyone power.

Nigeria has had a policy where 'Everyone must get power', which means that the number of villages hooked to the grid is higher than normal.

2.We have 200 million people or more, most African countries have less

3.We don't pay for power at a price above its cost of production, plus 40% of people don't even pay for power...so the sector does not earn the money needed to pay for repairs, expansion and so forth. Other African countries don't do that.

Below,: Power access map in Africa.

You can still a national grid and make it efficient if you have sincere leaders, leadership and right investment from an efficient private sector.

Imagine discos still reject electricity when most homes don't have electricity

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by LEXYLOV: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2022
If you are looking for security, enjoyment and peaceful environment, then Gambia is okay. Other than that. Nope. The house rent is very expensive, upfront payments virus and scarce, lights do off even presently, but better than Nigeria light supply. Business is very slow, roads are out of questions, better infrastructures lags behind, like Nigeria in 70s, Dalasi is like 100 naira to just 10 dalasi, the currency is 5000 dalasi to 100$. Is not bad.10 naira to 1 dalasi. Food prices just hike recently but still managable. No professional job for foreigners, except teaching or your own investment. Lights goes off and on, but didn't waste time when it off to come back, and max 1 hour to 6 hours once in 3 days. Girls are beautiful yes. And enjoyments is available with nothing to fear yes. But your pocket count.
Bullman:

The people are nice.

11 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:29am On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

That's because

1.Most African countries don't try to give everyone power.

Nigeria has had a policy where 'Everyone must get power', which means that the number of villages hooked to the grid is higher than normal.

2.We have 200 million people or more, most African countries have less

3.We don't pay for power at a price above its cost of production, plus 40% of people don't even pay for power...so the sector does not earn the money needed to pay for repairs, expansion and so forth. Other African countries don't do that.

Below,: Power access map in Africa.

Gbam! You have said it all.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kay29000(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2022
DimIsaac10:
Country that is not up to Nigeria ss3 students ...

grin cheesy grin
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Frankie6835: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2022
How much 4 day break with 2 olosho

10 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by edoairways: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Nonybb:
YOU LIED. ELECTRICITY IS NOT STABLE IN THE GAMBIA
But better than ours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Chopper Crash-Landed In Kogi (photos) / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.