Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression (16396 Views)

US Calls For ‘Strong African Response’ To Russian Aggression / Palestine Calls For UN Intervention To Halt Israeli Aggression On Gaza / China Military Bans Tesla Cars Citing Camera, Sensor Spy Concerns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by AngelicBeing: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
grin
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by AllKnowing: 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Russia is only a super power in military.

Economically, it’s dead!

Oligarchs own and milk the country. An average Nigerian is far better than an average Russian. The major class of people in Russia are “extremely Rich” and “extremely poor”

Russia has a technology peculiar it. From Automobile, medicine, telecom, aviation, IT or whatever, They are nobody.

It’s a poverty enclave.

grin grin

They’re also dragging kegs in filling stations with you abi?

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by CoronaVirusPro: 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
AllKnowing:

grin grin

They’re also dragging kegs in filling stations with you abi?

You need to get updated. Russia is just an upgraded Nigeria that snow happens to fall there.

Nigerias economy is bigger than that of Kenya but they have stable power, while we don’t. So using our infrastructural lapses as a point, is invalid.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
bluefilm:
The good news is that Russia doesn't care.

If America likes, they can even shut down their own government.

Russia wouldn't still care.

Putin is the man standing up against the New World Order.

That's why they want to use any excuse they can come up with to take him out.

But they will meet their match in Putin, for sure.

Are u inside Russia, tell me your address and let me verify.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by AllKnowing: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

You need to get updated. Russia is just an upgraded Nigeria that snow happens to fall there.

Nigerias economy is bigger than that of Kenya but they have stable power, while we don’t. So using our infrastructural lapses as a point, is invalid.

Your yardstick for judging economic viability is faulty on all fronts. But firstly, how could you ever rate an economy as excellent when it lacks infrastructure? Infrastructure is the life blood of economic growth.

Oh or you’re a typical Nigerian who judges with exchange rates? grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7016384/northern-farmers-lament-over-incessant

https://www.nairaland.com/7015190/aedc-gives-reason-low-power

https://www.nairaland.com/7014631/nnpc-nigerians-avoid-panic-buying
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by kkins25(m): 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
Igbofam:

If Russia shuts off Gas supply to Europe that would be tantamount to suicide for them because that is the only channel of financial reprieve left for them.

It would hurt them way more than it would hurt Europe
At this point, i think Russia must have a plan B. They definitely anticipated all the sanctions.
If they really wanted to harm Russia, they should have cut the gas supply. But would europe allow it? Europe isn't as stable as the US and according to experts cannot mobilize an army as quick as putin.
Europe that is still recovering from covid, you now want to add no gas? Putin is holding more favourite cards than NATO.
Putin knows it
Nato Knows it.
Even Indian commentators agree that NATOs hands are tied..
Europe outright said it would not cut oil supply coming from Russia.
If no Oil, how would they even mobilize army?
If USA wan do shakara, them go hear am, its one thing to enter iraq, or Afghanistan oh. its another to enter Russia.
You dont go into war unless you know you'd win.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by sotall(m): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
bluefilm:

For your information, Russia is a super power.

Part of being a super power is being ready for anything sanction/s that might come against you.

Much lesser Countries economically speaking like Iran, North Korea have been sanctioned in the past, and those countries are still kicking.

Russia's sits in a strategic position in the world.

Even the countries sanctioning Russia are afraid of what Russia could do to them in retaliation.

Therefore, no matter the weight of the sanctions being spelt out for Russia, Russia will still get through it like it's nothing.
So much nonsense coming out from someone's brain

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by CoronaVirusPro: 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
AllKnowing:

Your yardstick for judging economic viability is faulty on all fronts. But firstly, how could you ever rate an economy as excellent when it lacks infrastructure? Infrastructure is the life blood of economic growth.

Oh or you’re a typical Nigerian who judges with exchange rates? grin grin

Smh…

Get your facts right and return.

Russia is just an extension of Nigeria that happens to be in Europe.

High level corruption, harsh economy and dictatorship rule.

If you travel to Russia, you not abroad

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by AllKnowing: 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Smh…

Get your facts right and return.

Russia is just an extension of Nigeria that happens to be in Europe.

High level corruption, harsh economy and dictatorship rule.

If you travel to Russia, you not abroad

Wait please, no rush.

You haven’t said anything concrete yet. The comparison is Russia and Nigeria yes? I’m not seeing the basis for comparison; kindly show me.

Modified: Don’t worry please and don’t mind my questions. I’ve gone through your posts and know your type in my line of work. You’re fixated [on Russia].

Medically, all fixations come from a traumatic experience. Were you denied Russian visa at any point in your life? Did you once live in Russia and had to be chased out?

Oh here I go again with questions... sorry

Goodnight
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by calcal: 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2022
"It's now basically impossible to send money to any individual in Russia," said Charles Delingpole, CEO of ComplyAdvantage, a fintech start-up that helps firms with regulatory compliance.

That CEO is one of the worthless CEO in the present financial world.

People have been using crypto to send money internationally via crypto wallet, FAST, CHEAP. you don't need any SWIFT

who know, know.

It is not too late to join the crypto world.

You only need to memorize one password
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by HardMirror(m): 12:11am On Mar 06, 2022
Shoodboi:
Time and time again, experience has proven that economic warfare has little effect on the country getting attacked (Russia in this case).

Russians will feel the heat in the meantime but will soon find alternatives and stick to it, even after the so-called sanctions are lifted.

go and ask Iran if they have recovered even after many years. Be fooling yourself, you think having nuclear weapon is equal to good economy? North Koreans are living in abject poverty, go figure. Even as a Nigerian being unable to receive money with paypal has cost me lucrative freelancing jobs that I could have been making about a Million naira per month from. You guys are obviously illiterates that have not left your village. You dont have an idea how the world economy works

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Flytime: 12:12am On Mar 06, 2022
Timekeeper452:
russia has corrupt officials.
so Nigeria doesn’t have corrupt officials?
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by HardMirror(m): 12:13am On Mar 06, 2022
sotall:

So much nonsense coming out from someone's brain
he even claims Iran and North Korea are doing fine despite sanctions. Hahahaha. Funny some people think having nuclear warhead is same as doing fine.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by AllKnowing: 12:16am On Mar 06, 2022
HardMirror:
go and ask Iran if they have recovered even after many years. Be fooling yourself, you think having nuclear weapon is equal to good economy? North Koreans are living in abject poverty, go figure. Even as a Nigerian being unable to receive money with paypal has cost me lucrative freelancing jobs that I could have been making about a Million naira per month from. You guys are obviously illiterates that have not left your village. You dont have an idea how the world economy works

Et tu, HardMirror?
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Geeman2006: 12:20am On Mar 06, 2022
This war has made me realize that hypocrisy is not only in Nigeria, but also prevalent in the west with their allies.
Their actions should be fair and balanced if you ask me.
The USA invade Libia, Iraq,Syria etc in the name of World peace, entrenching democracy and making the world a safer place. They are all worse off today.
Israel since 1948 have been choking & killing Palestine's.
They are all worse off and nothing happens, no sanctions , no condemnation from the supposed powers that be. Hypocrites everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by goodheart01: 12:36am On Mar 06, 2022
bluefilm:
The good news is that Russia doesn't care.

If America likes, they can even shut down their own government.

Russia wouldn't still care.

Putin is the man standing up against the New World Order.

That's why they want to use any excuse they can come up with to take him out.

But they will meet their match in Putin, for sure.

This one still dey yarn rust?? Lol. Na Russians I dey pity sef. U dey here dey yarn opkata
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by bluefilm: 12:45am On Mar 06, 2022
Oddfinder:

These guys are comedians
He said an average Nigerian is farr better than an average Russian..western media don damage him finish

I don taya for am, aswearugad
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by emmykk(m): 12:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Basheer22:

Didn't you notice that China is standing far back from Russia?

If USA and Russian go to war chain and North Korea will not join...after all the war they will quickly become superpower
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Nkitara: 12:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Originality007:
grin Good, by the time All this sanctions stay with Dem for 3months, Even my Town Ogbese in Akure will b far far better than Russia

meanwhile Putin country men are protesting against Putin invasion of Ukraine while we have some heartless fellow here of Nairaland defending him, all because of Thier hatred towards US and the West.
The people defending them are mostly Muslims from the North bro, because of what the West did to some of their Muslim countries
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by NwaforIgbo: 1:25am On Mar 06, 2022
Specifications
Condition Used like new
Brand - Dell
Size - 15.6 Inches Screen
Bluetooth - Yes
Wi-Fi - Yes
Ethernet LAN - Yes
Bluetooth - Yes (version 4.0)
RAM - 4 GB
Processor: Core i3
Screen Size: 15.6 inches
Webcam: Yes
HDD: 500GB

Price - N80,000

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:38am On Mar 06, 2022
Hanks0000:

He messing with the wrong guy..
He better recognise... Future Hendrxx
you tell him dawg and I hope he listen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:42am On Mar 06, 2022
bluefilm:

Killed for having a different opinion from yours?

Hmmm... are you sure you are not even worse than Putin?
for starters, killing cuz of a difference in opinion, that's a no-brainer but killing you cuz you were saying shit and spreading your poo all over the cyberspace , of course I will be glad to
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by frog12: 2:01am On Mar 06, 2022
private businesses getting into state matters. TWITTER learn it lesson in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by gambojimeta: 2:09am On Mar 06, 2022
MasterCard and Visa have followed suit
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 06, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
you tell him dawg and I hope he listen

Bet we sm*rt enough to see this now...
He some wannabe nigga.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by BKayy: 3:52am On Mar 06, 2022
sotall:
By the time the West finish dealing with Russia, even China will not recognize them. grin grin
Have you seen their own counter sanctions on your media?
Have you asked yourself why USA is not as loud as before?

Oga Russia is a producer not consumer. That vast land is holding European Union by the balls.
This is a face off between Producers (Russia, China, Iran) vs Consumers (USA, Britain and France)
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by danngnews: 4:16am On Mar 06, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Let Russia just stop supplying gas to Europe for one week and you'd see death,job losses, riots on the streets cos industries will shutdown and no heating in their houses.

They should continue poking the Bear until he decides to unleash his anger on them.

There are alternatives, though expensive.
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by MISHA123: 5:17am On Mar 06, 2022
Those celebrating this as a victory are not thinking. Questions to ask, Does the Russian govt use PayPal? PayPal is for the people, imagine how much money citizens and businesses will lose. Yet, we celebrate the downfall of other men like us, struggling to make ends meet. Very sad!!!
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 06, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Let Russia just stop supplying gas to Europe for one week and you'd see death,job losses, riots on the streets cos industries will shutdown and no heating in their houses.

They should continue poking the Bear until he decides to unleash his anger on them.

Are you aware that Traders, Refiners, Banks, Insurers, Tankers and Capital lenders have been avoiding Russian Petroleum products for almost a week now? Even without sanctions on their oil and gas.
So many Russian Refineries have stopped operation and the Oil Companies have shut in their wells due to excess volumes unevacuated.
They presently have over 1.5 million tonnes of oil not evacuated and no one is interested in bidding for them.
Putin is punishing his people by proxy, and by Friday next week, Russians will start running out of patience
Re: Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression by fmonigent(m): 6:07am On Mar 06, 2022
bluefilm:

Exactly.

Do you have any problem with that?

Why should he have problem with you charging your borrowed phone in your neighbour's house. Its alot man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Obama Smoking Marijuana In The 80's. / UK To Send Long-range Rocket Artillery To Ukraine Despite Russian Threats. / Gaddafi's Crush On Condoleezza Rice: Photos Found In Tripoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.