Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen (30075 Views)

Do You Believe Jesus Will Come Back Again To Take His Saints? / What If All These Things Are Really True? / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by nkemoma(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
There is a misconception regarding what Jesus said @ Matthew 24, most Bible scholars were confused because the text mistranslated "COMING" could be best rendered "PRESENCE"
Jesus' modern day disciples also got it wrong and for years they had the misconception that Jesus will COME in person but when they later discovered that the text was talking about his PRESENCE they readjust their views.

First of all we need to know what happened immediately Jesus left the earth after saying "Goodbye" to his first century Jewish disciples.
He went straight to heaven and took his position at the right hand side of Almighty God! Act 7:56 compare to Psalms 110:1

So what is the result of Jesus' prophecy at Matthew 24?
First of all Jerusalem must be punished for all the atrocities committed against God's ancient servants and most especially against God's anointed one (Jesus Christ) Matthew 23:37-38
After the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century the Israelites were scattered abroad so their hope as a nation to welcome another Messiah is gone which means they've lost their chances of getting acquainted with the Christ except for few Jews who were able to recognize the Christ when he was in their midst! Matthew 16:13-20

But Jesus' PRESENCE will still be longer than that. WHY?
Because he must first oust nonentities in the spirit realms {Revelations 12:7-12} in preparation for his co-rulers who will be taken to heaven where he promised them {John 14:1-4} when this occur the first to go are his born again brothers who are still sleeping in death then one after the other those living among that set will join them after their earthly course! 1Thessalonians 4:16

But what will all these mean for Jesus' disciples who are going to inherit everlasting life on the earth? Matthew 5:5 compare to Psalms 37:29

Jesus must continue to guide them until the end of wicked people and their badness so he has to be PRESENT {Matthew 18:20} as a mighty spirit King directing them through the remains of his born again brothers who are still running their earthly course! Matthew 24:45

Since 1914 Jesus has returned to this planet as a mighty spirit King directing his true disciples on what they must keep doing until it's time to exterminate all opposers of his rule {Luke 19:27} that's why they are no part of the world's political movements killing one another due to the selfish ambitions of the rulers they elected upon themselves! Revelations 6:3-4

So today Jesus is here working with his own group and gathering obedient mankind from all the corners of the earth under one umbrella! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

They are now worshiping their God unitedly as their mighty spirit warrior King Archangel Michael (Jesus Christ) {Daniel 12:1-3} is leading them to victory over mankind's greatest enemy Satan the devil! Revelations 6:1-2 compare to Revelations 12:7

Good morning OkCornel, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

For more info visit : www.jw.org
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by olaolulazio(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
paxonel:
THE BIGGEST CONFUSION HERE IS THAT, MANY CHRISTIANS TODAY THINK JESUS INCLUDED THEM WHEN HE TOLD HIS DISCIPLES "YOU" (In the statement YOU will hear of wars and rumours of wars)
NOT MINDING THAT THE TIME OF THESE DISCIPLES JESUS WAS TALKING TO, WHO ACTUALLY HEARD AND SAW THE RUMOURS OF WARS, HAVE PASS.
AND THAT THEY TODAY CHRISTIANS, ARE LIVING IN TODAY, AND THE "YOU" USED BY JESUS WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE DISCIPLES OF THAT TIME, NOT YOU WHO IS LIVING NOW OR TODAY ANYMORE, OR ANY OTHER TIME IN OUR FUTURE.

Only intelligent mind will understand this.

U no go fall
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Thessalonians is one of the pillars for the foundation for believing in a rapture of the Church.

Let me clarify what i believe it says and mean, its how i have come to understand it.

1 Thessalonians 5

3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

2 Thessalonians 2
The Man of Lawlessness
Lets look at 2 Thessalonians 2, notice it is talking about the day of the lord, what is coming before the day of the lord,

1) If you look at it closely, its says the first thing that happens is a falling away ( very likely i believe is the rapture)
2) Then the Son of perdition is revealed

If you read further it explains further, that Son of perdition cannot be revealed until the one who withstands, is removed out of the way.

The one who can withstand the devil is either God the father, God the son Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit also known as the spirit of Christ.

We know that the Holy Spirit came upon the church. Therefore if the Church is removed from the scene, the holy spirit goes up with the church.

So read Thessalonians maybe you will come to this understanding.

2 Thessalonians
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9

Finally look at this

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4 slowly;

Paul mentioned the second coming of Christ AND “OUR” GATHERING UNTO HIM (“Rapture”) will not happen until the lawless one is revealed and the he declares himself to be God in the temple (this refers to breaking of the covenant with many midway through the final 7 years of Daniel’s 70 x 7 prophecy - Daniel 9 v 27).

Pretribulation rapture contradicts 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Diligence: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Pls note unmistakably that the Kingdom of God comes to mankind daily as stars are born and stars fall!
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
Seriouslysense,

See 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT COME until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

1. What did Paul mean by saying OUR gathering unto him?

2. Will the gathering of the church happen before or after Daniel 9 v 27 which is also 2 Thessalonians 2 v 4?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Revelation 11:1-3 (KJV) And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Verse 1 in the above scripture let us to understand that the Gospel of Christ through Grace must 1st of all be preached to the Gentiles first before it get back to the Jews because their Messiah Christ came but they rejected him (the sun rise in the east and set in the west and in the evening time it goes back to the east).

The 3rd verse talking about the two witnesses that will take the Gospel of Christ back to the Jews and preach to them, and it will happen when the Gentiles dispensation is over.
The two witnesses are Moses and Elijah, if you read the scripture down you will see where the scripture says that the two witnesses has the power to shut down heaven so it won't rain, they've power to turn water to blood and smite the earth with plague as often as they want.
Now who in the scripture shut heaven that it didn't rain "Elijah" and who in the scripture turns water to blood and smite the Egyptians with plagues "Moses.

Verse 1 makes it crystal clear it’s a physical temple in the holy city (Jerusalem).

It also makes it clear there are worshippers in that temple. And there is also an outer court that’ll be trampled for 42 months (3.5 years) by the gentiles.

This is what happens after the beast breaks the covenant with many mid way through the 7 years ( Daniel 9 v 27)

Mid way of 7 years is 3.5 years or 42 months.

It’s a physical temple, not a spiritual one.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
Evilblackman:

“Truth existed before man invented writing.”

What do mean

Mankind knew right from wrong before writing was even invented.

For example, conscience and intuition are pathways to truth. You don’t need to have truth documented before distinguishing right from wrong.

The mistake people make is to assume written truth is total truth.

Truth is too vast to be captured in writing.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Lepon02: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jesus is not coming back, period.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
chymeze:

Read that very chapter again in 1 thessalonians 4:13-18, and you have to juxtapose these with events described in revelations and Daniel. Paul says when the trumpet is blown (he didn't even mention the LAST trumpet lolz), the dead in Christ will rise first and then we who are alive will meet them IN THE SKIES (not on the earth). There's a clear difference between the rapture and the second coming. The rapture describes how we meet Christ in the clouds and then the wedding feast occurs in heaven while the great tribulation occurs on earth for 7 years (this is where revelations comes in handy). The second coming of Christ implies the landing of Christ on EARTH with his SAINTS to fight the antichrist at the end of 7 years as clearly described in revelations and Daniel. Now if the rapture was the same as the second coming like you suppose, how can saints who are on earth (as described in thessalonians) come down from heaven at the same time to fight the antichrist (as in revelations and Daniel)? After the antichrist is defeated at the second coming then Christ and the saints will reign on earth for a thousands years. During this period the devil will be locked up to prevent him from deceiving the world. At the end of a thousand year reign of Christ on earth, the devil will be released from his prison, and this time he would go and gather his armies for the final fight against Christ at Armageddon. Of course he'd eventually be defeated and thrown into the lake of fire. Then the new earth will be unveiled from heaven by God as a bride. This is just a summary of the events that would take place till the end. Try to study in details the books of revelation, Daniel, Matthew 24 and 1thesalonians and they'd make perfect sense.
Also the 7 trumpets in the book of revelations describes judgements and sequences of events that would occur on the Earth during the TRIBULATION (after the saints would have been raptured). These trumpets are blown in heaven from the very throne room of God and not from the SKIES of the earth as in the one that heralds the rapture.
Shalom

In the skies (air) is not heaven where God dwells.

The gathering of the elect would happen in the air, then Jesus, the armies of heaven and the elect will descend on the earth. After Armageddon, the millennial reign starts.

1 Thessalonians 4 v 13-18 is the same thing as Matthew 24 v 29-31.

And Jesus clearly mentioned the trumpet would be blown IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
That rebellion's is also translated as departure, and i wish i could see the Greek bible, because i heard others say, in the Greek bible its rapture, a snatching away.

It makes sense to me, that it means rapture, a falling away, i think about it, like we go up, and those Christians who are left behind are like shelves that fall off.

When i think about it further, it begins to make sense the revelation 12 sign, the woman gives birth to a male child, even before her labor, that male child is the church, the child who has the spirit of God, The Child is snatched up, to God and to his throne. Then she flees to the wilderness.

Back to Thessalonians, now the lawless one can only be revealed after the one (Holy Spirit in the Church) who withstand his full manifestation is removed out of the way, i believe the holy Spirit is preventing the full manifestation of the Son of Perdition, when he goes up to heaven, God spirit with take us along, he would gives us a new body, and we will be snatched away from harm or Gods wrath(rapture, just like how Noah was saved and just like how lot was snatched and hurried away by the angels before Judgement on Sodom)

I have other scriptures that convinces me, that we are taken away before the Antichrist is made known

OkCornel:
Seriouslysense,

See 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT COME [b]until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.[/b]
4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

1. What did Paul mean by saying OUR gathering unto him?

2. Will the gathering of the church happen before or after Daniel 9 v 27 which is also 2 Thessalonians 2 v 4?

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
That rebellion's is also translated as departure, and i wish i could see the Greek bible, because i heard others say, in the Greek bible its rapture, a snatching away.

It makes sense to me, that it means rapture, a falling away, i think about it, like we go up, and those Christians who are left behind are like shelfs that fall off.

Rebellion in this context is a departure from the faith. Not departure from the earth.

The rebellion would be fuelled by false teachers and messiahs whom Jesus warned about in Matthew 24 v 4-5.

By the way, Paul made it crystal clear that the gathering of the saints will not happen until the lawless one is revealed and declares himself to be God in the temple. Same thing as Daniel 9 v 27
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by MrPresident1: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
pepetua:
The manner you bark at people,are you sure you are not the dog? because even if you are the one saying the truth,i might not have the patience to listen to you if you are barking this way.
One day you will have an idea what these criminal dogs have done to you. Everyman in his own order, Christ the firstfruits
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Verse 1 makes it crystal clear it’s a physical temple in the holy city (Jerusalem).

It also makes it clear there are worshippers in that temple. And there is also an outer court that’ll be trampled for 42 months (3.5 years) by the gentiles.

This is what happens after the beast breaks the covenant with many mid way through the 7 years ( Daniel 9 v 27)

Mid way of 7 years is 3.5 years or 42 months.

It’s a physical temple, not a spiritual one.

I don't argue the scripture because it deep and beyond man's understanding and it's only the word that can reveal it's self to us if only we are willing.
For the scripture says "the deep calleth the deep and the deep respond to the deep".

Let me leave you with one word " the kingdom of God is within man".
The Lord God doesn't dwell in temples built by man, heaven is his throne and the earth is his footstool.

Shalom
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

I don't argue the scripture because it deep and beyond man's understanding and it's only the word that can reveal it's self to us if only we are willing.
For the scripture says "the deep calleth the deep and the deep respond to the deep".

Let me leave you with one word " the kingdom of God is within man".
The Lord God doesn't dwell in temples built by man, heaven is his throne and the earth is his footstool.

Shalom

I agree, the kingdom of God is within true believers.

We are to shine that light so that men would give glory to the Father in heaven.

That is our purpose, that we might truly say “thy will be done on earth as it is heaven”

Until the full manifestation of the kingdom of God when heaven and earth shall be one again, as it was in the very beginning.

Presently, there’s still darkness and evil in this world.

When the Kingdom is fully established, there’ll be no darkness and evil.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by CALCULUS16: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
The first time Jesus came here , you people killed him.
I hope when he comes back, he comes with his angels.
Human beings wickedness is increasing exponentially.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

I agree, the kingdom of God is within true believers.

We are to shine that light so that men would give glory to the Father in heaven.

That is our purpose, that we might truly say “they will be done on earth as it is heaven”

Until the full manifestation of the kingdom of God when heaven and earth shall be one again, as it was in the very beginning.

Presently, there’s still darkness and evil in this world.

When the Kingdom is fully established, there’ll be no darkness and evil.

Read Isaiah 60 .
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Well we could have different opinions, the important thing is to believe that we are saved through Jesus alone.

Other perceptions or understanding are left for us to grow into.

For me its clear that the rapture is imminent, there is no need to wait for the temple or the revelation of the antichrist, the rapture transformation of our body happens before a second is completed and then who know how long we will be here before we are lifted up to God. While for you, you have to see the temple and the antichrist.

OkCornel:

Rebellion in this context is a departure from the faith. Not departure from the earth.

The rebellion would be fuelled by false teachers and messiahs whom Jesus warned about in Matthew 24 v 4-5.

By the way, Paul made it crystal clear that the gathering of the saints will not happen until the lawless one is revealed and declares himself to be God in the temple. Same thing as Daniel 9 v 27
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Read Isaiah 60 .

A prophecy that coincides with the start of the millennial kingdom. After that rock crushes the statue in Daniel 2.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Well we could have different opinions, the important thing is to believe that we are saved through Jesus alone.

Other perceptions or understanding are left for us to grow into.

For me its clear that the rapture is imminent, there is no need to wait for the temple or the revelation of the antichrist, the rapture transformation of our body happens before a second is completed and then who know how long we will be here before we are lifted up to God. While for you, you have to see the temple and the antichrist.

Rapture has been imminent since when? I’ve read several false predictions spanning over centuries now.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by PoliteActivist: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Since 1914 Jesus has returned to this planet as a mighty spirit

See brainwashing
"Don't believe your own eyes, believe my poor excuse for my failed second-coming prediction!"
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
smiley smiley By Faith and knowledge, encouraging each other with the Hope.

Just Stay connected and listen to credible people who are receiving revelation that the coming of Christ is close.

We will keep waiting for as long as it takes, even if its not this year.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of hope.

OkCornel:

Rapture has been imminent since when? I’ve read several false predictions spanning over centuries now.

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by alabo1: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
Over the centuries, there have been numerous predictions on the second coming of Christ by “powerful MoGs” and acclaimed Biblical scholars which have all failed.

Even on nairaland, we have heard countless times since the platform was created that “the end of time is near and Jesus could arrive at any moment”

I can’t help but wonder why certain scriptures are ignored.

Let us set the ball rolling with a few critical signs believers should watch out for, and also address certain fallacies.

Matthew 24 shows two key signs believers should watch out for. Until these are fulfilled, we and the generations after are still in for a long wait.

First of all, let’s highlight where the confusion lies. Most people mistake the signs for the beginning of birth pains (wars, famines, earthquakes, disasters) as signs for the end time. Read the passage below carefully;

Moving on from these verses which clearly are not the signs to look out for. What then are these signs?

It’s clearly written in verse 14 and 15 the two trigger events that must be fulfilled before the second coming;

1. In verse 14. Not just any gospel, but specifically THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM must be preached to all inhabitants of the earth. This is to prepare the hearts and mind of men for the everlasting order to come. Ever wondered why Jesus’ major sermons and parables is centred around the kingdom of heaven? Can we confidently say this is the gospel the church has preached consistently over the ages?

2. The abomination that causes desolation must be set up in the holy place. Now this one is the interesting part. People have weighed in that this prophecy is already fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the second Jewish temple.

The problem with that conclusion is this. See

There is no historical record of any Roman emperor who made a covenant with many for 7 years and broke it mid-way (especially around 70 AD when the temple was destroyed)

Furthermore, Apostle Paul weighed in on this matter;

Bear in mind there will be a temple of God where this man of lawlessness will proclaim himself to be God. Please where is this temple today? It doesn’t exist. It’s yet to be constructed!

Apostle Paul mentioned we should not be alarmed or unsettled. No one should deceive anyone about the coming of the Lord. It cannot happen until the lawless one is revealed and the temple (which is yet to be constructed) is desecrated and the abomination that causes desolation is set up inside the temple.

If you are up to date on religious matters in Israel, it should come as no surprise there are talks of the third Jewish temple to be constructed.

The main Jewish group leading the charge to rebuild the temple is an organization called Faithful of the Temple Mount, who say they will continue their efforts to re-establish the Jewish temple on the Mount. In Israel, there are students being trained for the priesthood, learning how to conduct animal sacrifices in the rebuilt temple.

IN CONCLUSION;
Until these two events are fulfilled:
1. The gospel of the kingdom is preached to all inhabitants of the earth.

2. The temple is rebuilt, daily sacrifices are restored for a time and subsequently stopped by the man of lawlessness to set up the abomination that causes desolation which prophet Daniel, Jesus and Apostle Paul spoke of.

We cannot jump to the phase where we hold our breathe in anticipation of the return of the Son of Man. Pretty much explains the long wait for over 2000 years now, and why any talks of the world coming to an end is still premature.

Till then, live a spirit filled life and walk in the purpose of the I AM for your life!

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, nlfpmod

Lol. 5,000 years from now we will still be waiting. Nobody is coming back and there is no rapture. In the timeline I have mentioned new religions would have emerged an we even the current ones would have evolved/metamorphed into what you can't imagine. Peace
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Lawag3: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
MrPresident1:
Come to the Watchers' thread let me put you to Bible death there. dog

My friend that's not the way to go although I believe what he says but I also believe that that doesn't mean we should go to sleep because a person may die any moment we can't guarantee our lives for the next minute so we should always live our lives in preparation.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

A prophecy that coincides with the start of the millennial kingdom. After that rock crushes the statue in Daniel 2.

Isaiah 60:1-3 (KJV) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

There's nothing in the above scripture verses that has anything to do with Daniel's prophecy.

Like i told u earlier that u can read the scripture and understand or preach it base on ur understanding, if the comforter does not reveal what u read to u then you are lost in your on understanding.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
And i also had some rapture dreams, so this is why i am also insisted and the time looks imminent, i keep seeing, noticing and hearing signs of end times, but we are not to be afraid or panic, but we are to have full trust, confidence and hope in Jesus promises.

OkCornel:

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
smiley smiley By Faith and knowledge, encouraging each other with the Hope.

Just Stay connected and listen to credible people who are receiving revelation that the coming of Christ is close.

We will keep waiting for as long as it takes, even if its not this year.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of hope.

People have been receiving all sorts of revelation. What reigns supreme is the words of Christ.

In his words in Matthew 24, the gospel OF THE KINGDOM must be preached around the world.

The abomination of desolation which Daniel wrote of must also happen before he comes.

Are you suggesting Jesus would go against his words and return?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
ans i also had some rapture dreams, so this is why i am also insisted and the time looks imminent, i keep seeing signs of end times.

Same way those in generations before you had rapture dreams and their generation died off.

Do we jettison the words of Christ in the scriptures and go by dreams and feelings now?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Sure, but what use, is all these revelation, if people are not warned, i could not be silent, while i believe its close, to be silent, would mean there may be less people in heaven, my goal is to get people to believe and more people in heaven.

Having different views on the timing is not a salvation issue perhaps, is just people with different sense of timing or maybe urgency.

I know my body and heart, i cannot save myself, i don't know if i can endure so much pain and horror in the tribulation therefore its better to expect Jesus sooner.

The goal is to get peoples attention, about the need to be saved sooner than later.

OkCornel:

People have been receiving all sorts of revelation. What reigns supreme is the words of Christ.

In his words in Matthew 24, the gospel OF THE KINGDOM must be preached around the world.

The abomination of desolation which Daniel wrote of must also happen before he comes.

Are you suggesting Jesus would go against his words and return?

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Isaiah 60:1-3 (KJV) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

There's nothing in the above scripture verses that has anything to do with Daniel's prophecy.

Like i told u earlier that u can read the scripture and understand or preach it base on ur understanding, if the comforter does not reveal what u read to u then you are lost in your on understanding.

Read the entirety of Isaiah 60. It’s about the start of the millennial kingdom.

The millennial kingdom starts when the rock crushes the statue in Daniel 2.

Study these chapters in detail.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Sure, but what use, is all these revelation, if people are not warned, i could not be silent, while i believe its close, to be silent, would mean there may be less people in heaven, my goal is to get people to believe and more people in heaven

In Jesus’ words in Matthew 24, the gospel OF THE KINGDOM must be preached around the world.

Any revelation or dreams inconsistent with the teachings of Christ is a big red flag.

As apostle John advised in his epistles. Test all spirits.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by SeriouslySense(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
But i just explained why i believe there is a rapture soon, so my Job is done, there is no need for arguments, or trying to make me look bad or trying to catch an error, i am still human, i say everything out of love, not from deception therefore there is no judgement but liberty to speak up.

The bible does not counteract what i said, if you just take some time to think and use more time to try to understand what i wrote.

Now therefore its is left for you, to stand on what you believe without arguments or casting others down or you take some time to reflect on it.

My dreams are not important, i just have it at the back of my mind, that its is urgent, if i am warned, then i should be more eager to tell everyone that Jesus is coming soon based on the bible not my dream, i dont tell others bout my dreams unless, they had similar experiences or i want or encourage another person, that the essence, anyone can receive understanding dreams or vision from God, its God who does everything.

OkCornel:

In Jesus’ words in Matthew 24, the gospel OF THE KINGDOM must be preached around the world.

Any revelation or dreams inconsistent with the teachings of Christ is a big red flag.

As apostle John advised in his epistles. Test all spirits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Christian Shola Visits Peter Fregene, Donates Cash Gifts / 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children / Exclusive Pictures of Pastor Oritsejafor’s Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.