Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen (30085 Views)

Do You Believe Jesus Will Come Back Again To Take His Saints? / What If All These Things Are Really True? / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Being hearing this shit since the 70s.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Bro i repeat you're wrong.
Isaiah 60 has nothing to do with Daniel prophecy.

Like i said earlier I can give u a sermon on Isaiah 60 if u are willing.

When will Isaiah 60 happen? Before or after the coming of Christ?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

1. Did the pope have a covenant with many that will be broken midway? Daniel 9 v 27

2. Where is “the temple of God” where the pope will set up the an abomination of desolation and call himself God?

Bro i can't argue with you on the scripture, i will advise you seek for higher knowledge of understanding the scripture if you want to know more about your Creator.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Bro i can't argue with you on the scripture, i will advise you seek for higher knowledge of understanding the scripture if you want to know more about your Creator.

I’m not arguing with you. Since you have a higher knowledge of the understanding of the scriptures, can you answer these questions?

1. Did the pope have a covenant with many that will be broken midway? Daniel 9 v 27

2. Where is “the temple of God” where the pope will set up the an abomination of desolation and call himself God?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by enthronedbyGod1: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
Over the centuries, there have been numerous predictions on the second coming of Christ by “powerful MoGs” and acclaimed Biblical scholars which have all failed.

Till then, live a spirit filled life and walk in the purpose of the I AM for your life!

Got to know it's your thread.

Most important message on this post to me and I believe every Christian should follow this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Kei144(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

IN CONCLUSION;
Until these two events are fulfilled:
1. The gospel of the kingdom is preached to all inhabitants of the earth.

2. The temple is rebuilt, daily sacrifices are restored for a time and subsequently stopped by the man of lawlessness to set up the abomination that causes desolation which prophet Daniel, Jesus and Apostle Paul spoke of.

We cannot jump to the phase where we hold our breathe in anticipation of the return of the Son of Man. Pretty much explains the long wait for over 2000 years now, and why any talks of the world coming to an end is still premature.

Till then, live a spirit filled life and walk in the purpose of the I AM for your life!
The rapture happens at Mt. 24:14. Mt. 24:15-16 is addressed specifically to those in Judea. not the whole world. Mt. 24:15 occurs towards the end of the reign of the Antichrist, just before the war of Armageddon begins.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
enthronedbyGod1:

Got to know it's your thread.

Most important message on this post to me and I believe every Christian should follow this.

Thanks brother smiley

Living a spirit filled life is what’s essential, especially in these dark times of deceit, hypocrisy and false religion.

This is one of my favourite verses in the scriptures.

1 John 2 v 26-27;
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.

27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kei144:

The rapture happens at Mt. 24:14. Mt. 24:15-16 is addressed specifically to those in Judea. not the whole world. Mt. 24:15 occurs towards the end of the reign of the Antichrist, just before the war of Armageddon begins.

Except for the part you mentioned Judea and not the whole world, I agree with everything else you stated. Also, Matthew 24 v 31 is actually where the rapture happens. Not Matthew 24 v 14.

Jacob’s trouble is a subset of the great tribulation.

The great tribulation is a global event.

The rapture (gathering of the elect) is also a global event. Apostle Paul wrote the Thessalonians and Corinth church on this. These cities are not in Judea.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by emonis88: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
The antichrist, who is the man of lawlessness must be revealed before the second coming of our lord Jesus Christ, that doesn't mean christians should go to sleep! Just a pointer for christains know when to amp up their preparedness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

When will Isaiah 60 happen? Before or after the coming of Christ?

The prophecy of Isaiah 60 fulfilled in this our dispensation.

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

The emphasis of the world to is based upon education which no doubt is good because it makes living a little better for us but if your education goes contrary with the word of God, hold unto the word of God and let your education go.
" My word is life" and to know the word is life.
God is telling us to know him that he's the word, but how can you know God base on your intellect, it's not possible to know God base on our intellect. Even if we read the scripture from genesis to revelation we can't have any knowledge about God, until the comforter come upon us, guide us into all truth and reveal things to us we can't have any knowledge about God, we might be claiming we have but that's our intellect we have not the knowledge of God.
The word of God is revealing and that's how it is.

Now every church with their own understanding of the scripture, their own conduct order and doctrines of a church, now i want to ask you if Christ happens to come this hour which church will he associate himself with?....
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by sonmvayina(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:

You tried but don't limit temple to structures. Your body is temple of God and the Jews also made the same mistake when they think Yeshua will destroy their Temple and rebuild in three days.

The temple has been desecrated severally, even another god is being proclaimed as Yeshua who is already present but whom the world will not feel his presence unless they repent, mourn and turn around.
This is what God want from us.

He never said he was going to send someone to die as a sin sacrifice..
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

The prophecy of Isaiah 60 fulfilled in this our dispensation.

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

The emphasis of the world to is based upon education which no doubt is good because it makes living a little better for us but if your education goes contrary with the word of God, hold unto the word of God and let your education go.
" My word is life" and to know the word is life.
God is telling us to know him that he's the word, but how can you know God base on your intellect, it's not possible to know God base on our intellect. Even if we read the scripture from genesis to revelation we can't have any knowledge about God, until the comforter come upon us, guide us into all truth and reveal things to us we can't have any knowledge about God, we might be claiming we have but that's our intellect we have not the knowledge of God.
The word of God is revealing and that's how it is.

Now every church with their own understanding of the scripture, their own conduct order and doctrines of a church, now i want to ask you if Christ happens to come this hour which church will he associate himself with?....

How was Isaiah 60 fulfilled?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

This is what God want from us.

He never said he was going to send someone to die as a sin sacrifice..

Sacrifice without repentance (change of heart) is pointless.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

I’m not arguing with you. Since you have a higher knowledge of the understanding of the scriptures, can you answer these questions?

The only way to answer your question is to send u sermon of 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and a book called the Seventy weeks of Daniel
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

How was Isaiah 60 fulfilled?

Let me send you either audio or ebook sermon so you could understand better
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Let me send you either audio or ebook sermon so you could understand better

You can open a thread on Isaiah 60 and we discuss in further details there.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

You can open a thread on Isaiah 60 and we discuss in further details there.

You can please help me on that.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by BJanta: 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Amen, thanks and God bless you.

Amen.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Mikael0407(m): 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

As expected emotional outbursts with no scriptural references to back up their position smiley

Perhaps Apostle Paul is a dog of Satan for writing 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4. Infact, the entire chapter explains everything so clearly.

2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

1.Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,

2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us
—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for THAT DAY WILL NOT COME UNTIL the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up IN GOD’S TEMPLE, proclaiming himself to be God.

1. Bear in mind there will be a temple of God where this man of lawlessness will proclaim himself to be God. Please where is this temple today? It doesn’t exist. It’s yet to be constructed!

2. Apostle Paul mentioned we should not be alarmed or unsettled. No one should deceive anyone about the coming of the Lord. It cannot happen until the lawless one is revealed and the temple (which is yet to be constructed) is desecrated and the abomination that causes desolation is set up inside the temple.

3. The man of lawlessness who will offer a covenant of peace for 7 years with many as written in Daniel 9 v 27 is yet to be revealed.

I've always thought the lawless one was Hitler and the abomination of desolation referred to his near destruction of the Jews. He also met his doom like in the prophecy so that made him a likely candidate.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by paxonel(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
Spiritual illiterate

Paul writing to the Thessalonians confirmed the the "YOU" wasn't referring to the desciples alone
spiritual professor,can you please point out the exact Paul's writing?

here is the scripture the op referred to.

Matthew 24:6 And YE shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that YE be not troubled...

we have agreed that the YE in this scripture referred to Jesus disciples because Jesus was addressing their question.

Were you there or born at the time Jesus was talking to these disciples?
The answer is no!
So, you shouldn't read it and personify that you were included in the talk simply because you are a disciple today.
When you do that, you commit a fallacy.
And when you do not see those promises happening to you, you start blaming God, meanwhile you were not involved.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Mikael0407:

I've always thought the lawless one was Hitler and the abomination of desolation referred to his near destruction of the Jews. He also met his doom like in the prophecy so that made him a likely candidate.

Nah…

Check history. The book of Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes persecuted the Jews and desecrated the Jewish temple but he’s not the lawless one foreseen by Daniel, neither was General Titus, whose armies besieged Jerusalem in 70AD

Neither is Hitler.

None of them had a covenant with many for 7 years - (Daniel 9 v 27) to kickstart the final week of Daniel’s prophecy.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by phemmyfour: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
paxonel:
spiritual professor,can you please point out the exact Paul's writing?

here is the scripture the op referred to.

Matthew 24:6 And YE shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that YE be not troubled...

we have agreed that the YE in this scripture referred to Jesus disciples because Jesus was addressing their question.

Were you there or born at the time Jesus was talking to these disciples?
The answer is no!
So, you shouldn't read it and personify that you were included in the talk simply because you are a disciple today.
When you do that, you commit a fallacy.
And when you do not see those promises happening to you, you start blaming God, meanwhile you were not involved.
I ve told you guys several times, in order to avoid misrepresentation and misinterpretation of the scripture, you need at least two scriptures to validate your belief

This was Paul addressing the Thessalonians about the same message Jesus gave his desciples in Mt 24.

Let's be careful in using one scripture to validate our beliefs.

1 Thessalonians 5 v 1-5

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,

2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,”destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by greatness77: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
Over the centuries, there have been numerous predictions on the second coming of Christ by “powerful MoGs” and acclaimed Biblical scholars which have all failed.

Even on nairaland, we have heard countless times since the platform was created that “the end of time is near and Jesus could arrive at any moment”

I can’t help but wonder why certain scriptures are ignored.

Let us set the ball rolling with a few critical signs believers should watch out for, and also address certain fallacies.

Matthew 24 shows two key signs believers should watch out for. Until these are fulfilled, we and the generations after are still in for a long wait.

First of all, let’s highlight where the confusion lies. Most people mistake the signs for the beginning of birth pains (wars, famines, earthquakes, disasters) as signs for the end time. Read the passage below carefully;

Moving on from these verses which clearly are not the signs to look out for. What then are these signs?

It’s clearly written in verse 14 and 15 the two trigger events that must be fulfilled before the second coming;

1. In verse 14. Not just any gospel, but specifically THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM must be preached to all inhabitants of the earth. This is to prepare the hearts and mind of men for the everlasting order to come. Ever wondered why Jesus’ major sermons and parables is centred around the kingdom of heaven? Can we confidently say this is the gospel the church has preached consistently over the ages?

2. The abomination that causes desolation must be set up in the holy place. Now this one is the interesting part. People have weighed in that this prophecy is already fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the second Jewish temple.

The problem with that conclusion is this. See

There is no historical record of any Roman emperor who made a covenant with many for 7 years and broke it mid-way (especially around 70 AD when the temple was destroyed)

Furthermore, Apostle Paul weighed in on this matter;

Bear in mind there will be a temple of God where this man of lawlessness will proclaim himself to be God. Please where is this temple today? It doesn’t exist. It’s yet to be constructed!

Apostle Paul mentioned we should not be alarmed or unsettled. No one should deceive anyone about the coming of the Lord. It cannot happen until the lawless one is revealed and the temple (which is yet to be constructed) is desecrated and the abomination that causes desolation is set up inside the temple.

If you are up to date on religious matters in Israel, it should come as no surprise there are talks of the third Jewish temple to be constructed.

The main Jewish group leading the charge to rebuild the temple is an organization called Faithful of the Temple Mount, who say they will continue their efforts to re-establish the Jewish temple on the Mount. In Israel, there are students being trained for the priesthood, learning how to conduct animal sacrifices in the rebuilt temple.

IN CONCLUSION;
Until these two events are fulfilled:
1. The gospel of the kingdom is preached to all inhabitants of the earth.

2. The temple is rebuilt, daily sacrifices are restored for a time and subsequently stopped by the man of lawlessness to set up the abomination that causes desolation which prophet Daniel, Jesus and Apostle Paul spoke of.

We cannot jump to the phase where we hold our breathe in anticipation of the return of the Son of Man. Pretty much explains the long wait for over 2000 years now, and why any talks of the world coming to an end is still premature.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, nlfpmod

end time pastor keep deceiving the gullible ones, e be like say devil don promise to increase your salary or he don increase am already ?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
greatness77:
end time pastor keep deceiving the gullible ones, e be like say devil don promise to increase your salary or he don increase am already ?

When you are ready to discuss the subject matter with scriptures, let me know.

I interact with enlightened believers, not religious zealots.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by yeshuasfootstep(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Thanks.

Context is key.

The temple where the abomination of desolation will occur is a physical structure.

The book of Daniel, Matthew 24, 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4 and Revelation 11 v 1-3 makes that crystal clear.

Don't forget we don't have spirit body like God. We are his structures.

Our model, Yeshua has also made it clear how we view temple today.

Focus on his life example alone because a lot of things has been added and removed to keep the world confused.

Satan is not your mate, he is very crafty.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by paxonel(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Dalnadoni:
Bro you really need to adjust d way you reason dis stuff...
why?

First do you know who d bible is written down for? Is it 4 only for Jesus deciples then or for us living now?
look,be corrected, a single verse or a scripture isn't the whole bible.

The op was trying to make reference to Matthew 24: 6 which says And YE shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that YE be not troubled...

Matthew 24:6 isn't the whole bible.
Threat a particular scripture the way it was written, every scripture have their purpose

Let me just let you know all wat is in dat matthew 27 v 7&8 is wat we will see to knw dat we are in the last days.
you failed!
No last day for you don't be deceived.

Last day was for the disciples as Jesus explained to them i bible days, and that last day has pass, I will explain.

You see that question the disciples asked Jesus in Matthew 24:3 ?
They were referring to the death and resurrection of Jesus as the last day, that one don pass.
Everything Jesus explained to them in the whole Matthew 24 to the end of the chapter was what happened at that time Jesus was crucified, they were seeing it happening life
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:

Don't forget we don't have spirit body like God. We are his structures.

Our model, Yeshua has also made it clear how we view temple today.

Focus on his life example alone because a lot of things has been added and removed to keep the world confused.

Satan is not your mate, he is very crafty.

Understand when the scriptures applies to the a spiritual temple. Context is key.

In this instance, it’s clearly a physical temple.

If you insist it could be a spiritual temple. In Revelation 11 v 1-3;

1. Who are the worshippers in that temple?
2. What does the outer court represent?
3. How can gentiles trample on the outer court if it’s a spiritual temple?
4. What is the name of holy city where this temple is located? If it’s a spiritual temple.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by sonmvayina(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Sacrifice without repentance (change of heart) is pointless.

According to who??

Sacrifice from who ?

In which realm, continent or world is it right for Mr A to be put to death for the crime of Mr B?
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by DRCIC(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
God bless you

chymeze:

Read that very chapter again in 1 thessalonians 4:13-18, and you have to juxtapose these with events described in revelations and Daniel. Paul says when the trumpet is blown (he didn't even mention the LAST trumpet lolz), the dead in Christ will rise first and then we who are alive will meet them IN THE SKIES (not on the earth). There's a clear difference between the rapture and the second coming. The rapture describes how we meet Christ in the clouds and then the wedding feast occurs in heaven while the great tribulation occurs on earth for 7 years (this is where revelations comes in handy). The second coming of Christ implies the landing of Christ on EARTH with his SAINTS to fight the antichrist at the end of 7 years as clearly described in revelations and Daniel. Now if the rapture was the same as the second coming like you suppose, how can saints who are on earth (as described in thessalonians) come down from heaven at the same time to fight the antichrist (as in revelations and Daniel)? After the antichrist is defeated at the second coming then Christ and the saints will reign on earth for a thousands years. During this period the devil will be locked up to prevent him from deceiving the world. At the end of a thousand year reign of Christ on earth, the devil will be released from his prison, and this time he would go and gather his armies for the final fight against Christ at Armageddon. Of course he'd eventually be defeated and thrown into the lake of fire. Then the new earth will be unveiled from heaven by God as a bride. This is just a summary of the events that would take place till the end. Try to study in details the books of revelation, Daniel, Matthew 24 and 1thesalonians and they'd make perfect sense.
Also the 7 trumpets in the book of revelations describes judgements and sequences of events that would occur on the Earth during the TRIBULATION (after the saints would have been raptured). These trumpets are blown in heaven from the very throne room of God and not from the SKIES of the earth as in the one that heralds the rapture.
Shalom
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by Mikael0407(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Nah…

Check history. The book of Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes persecuted the Jews and desecrated the Jewish temple but he’s not the lawless one foreseen by Daniel, neither was General Titus, whose armies besieged Jerusalem in 70AD

Neither is Hitler.

None of them had a covenant with many for 7 years - (Daniel 9 v 27) to kickstart the final week of Daniel’s prophecy.

I like your theory. It actually makes sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by kingyakos: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Beside why will Isaiah be talking about Daniel and mentioned the Gentiles.
Re: Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen by OkCornel(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Beside why will Isaiah be talking about Daniel and mentioned the Gentiles.

How does this answer my questions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rev. George Jonathan Dodo Is Dead / Naira Depreciating Because I Was Out Of The Country, Says Odumeje / 2021 Prophecies By Apostle Ogochukwu Amaukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.