Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) (86506 Views)

President Tinubu To Chair Newly Approved Presidential Council On Industry / Tinubu: Nigerians Have Seen Ancestors Dressing As Youths Before - Adeyanju / Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Olamilekxy(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Nigerians too religious
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Digixtreme: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Story
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Yeah... it goes to show you the priority mindset of the police force..

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Unruly7(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
We know the reason for the major change but no wahala

They slowly and steadily de accomplish their mission

5 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Angelfrost(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Trust me, dressing is the least of the myriad of problems bedeviling this force...

The biggest issue that begs addressing is the lack of professionalism and law enforcement skills among the rank and file of this agency.

There is nothing as troubling as being unable to clearly differentiate most police officers from criminal elements even with the uniform... This is unheard of in most nations, even some African nations.

4 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Kingosytex(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Kennyfancy:
How will the traditional worshipers that are in the force dress ?

You asked a very important question.

4 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by MoneyGoDrop: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Good for them...hope they'll allow some use their long nails fir health reasons.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Househelp(m): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2022
Prosperous111:
First stage of islamisazation
Don't be saying shit like this. What happened to our Islamic code bro
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by respect80(m): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2022
Any rubbish this Buhari and APC government will not approve before completing their tenure does not exist...

How can the names, religion and likely, the region of security personnels be known just by their dressing...

3 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Pacesetterz: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2022
Wetin concern us with police uniform. Have u seen those anti wetin wetin squad guys with d way they appear like touts....see Mohawk,tattoos and some wear stud earrings untop their uniform.

That one no concern the average Nigerian again. Days we use to be worried about their mode of dressing is over...if they want to wear boxers or swimming suit no wahala
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by cola: 10:54am On Mar 06, 2022
Hmm...
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by udomma1005(m): 10:54am On Mar 06, 2022
You should be sacrificed to any available diety!
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by funshint(m): 10:54am On Mar 06, 2022
Passive islamization of a country. That's how Afghanistan started. It just doesn't happen in a day. In the 90s it was unimaginable to see a student wearing Hijab to school except Islamic schools. But what do we have today especially in SW. I just can't wait to see this Buhari administration foldup with a lot of their nonsense.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

Let the officers dress this way, it does not violate their uniform
This is deep. Really deep

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Eddilove(m): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Anyhow them do am e nor change anything for the country

Please check my signature I carry business come
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2022
FILEBE:

I wish we can respect the Nigerian police the way you put it .

The respect is not the dress, it's the attitude. I have acquaintances in the PF. Some are tired of the poor of some of them.

Lack of professionnalism. You need to see the traffic warden around my area. Uniform réeks of alcohol and dirt. angry I wonder if his superiors even take note of his dress.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by ShenTeh(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:
Female Nigeria police officers fit rock dia hijab wit dia uniform as police authorities don give dem di go-ahead.

Nigeria police recently approve optional dress code for women wey dey di Force.

Now dem fit wear earring and also put on dia hijab and wear dia cap ontop am.

�: Nigeria Police Force

fb://photo/2091389764400072?set=a.770108619861533

I don't care. Provided they do their job.

The least of the worries of someone who needs help is the type of uniform his helper shows up with.

The only problem I have is the quote below the pictures saying the directive is from the IGP, meaning it is not backed by law. It would have been more appropriate if that was undersigned by the PSCommission.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by phemmyfour: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:
Female Nigeria police officers fit rock dia hijab wit dia uniform as police authorities don give dem di go-ahead.

Nigeria police recently approve optional dress code for women wey dey di Force.

Now dem fit wear earring and also put on dia hijab and wear dia cap ontop am.

�: Nigeria Police Force

fb://photo/2091389764400072?set=a.770108619861533
With the ear not showing, this isn't acceptable internationally
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:

The truth is that we simply dont wish to be serious or grown up in these matters otherwise we would recognize that religion is a personal matter and should not be brought into the workplace especially in any way that interferes with the nature of required work, or established standards of professionalism. This is the same way in which you have Muslims every where and in every ministry and department who will insist on leaving their desks for their prescribed prayers multiple times a day. Even in situations where it is manifestly unreasonable and even dangerous to others (such as a hospitable for instance). You will have people saying that, oh no, its my faith, and it comes before everything else. The truth is that if it is that important then please dont take that job that may require your service at prayer time, okay?

Don't go to a school that has a uniform, a force that has a uniform, or any other organization that has a uniform and insist on wearing your own religious outfit because "it is my faith and it comes above everything else." That is nonsensical indiscipline and lack of professionalism. That is just like a female soldier refusing to wear trousers as prescribed battle-gear and insisting on wearing maybe a burqa at the war front because it is her faith and comes before everything else. We really should stop all this nonsense: your religion is your private affair, practice it in private and stop imposing it on process and systems that ought to be standardized and professional.

If you will be consistent with what you are saying just imagine an adherent of the Celestial Church of Christ insisting on attending to official functions at a work place bare-footed, because it is his or her faith. Is that not nonsensical, and yet if you insist on this argument of "it is my faith" then you ought to permit not just that, but every other religious oddity that it may take anyone's fancy to wear in a work place, including dreadlocks for Rastafarians.

^
The above was my response to another poster in another thread. Let me just add to it by saying with respect to your point about how they are risking their lives for our safety, the truth is that this sort of muddying of the waters by mixing your religious dictates with your professional service also puts lives at risk in many ways - a simple example is that of those officers who will leave their duty posts to go and heed the call of prayer multiple times a day.

7 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by FILEBE(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2022
dfrost:

The respect is not the dress, it's the attitude. I have acquaintances in the PF. Some are tired of the poor of some of them.

Lack of professionnalism. You need to see the traffic warden around my area. Uniform réeks of alcohol and dirt. angry I wonder if his superiors even take note of his dress.

These are all what i.am saying. We take all policemen as corrupt l, unprofessional and callous. That is how we see them. Changing thei way they dress won't mean anything to us

They should just reform the police.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by alanto: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

Sometimes it's not even the profession; it's what they represent. Pack 10 hijab wearing police in one pics and Nigeria can be mistaken for an Islamic country

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Ojemedad: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Na small small islamization go creep in, dey there dey look

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by alanto: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
FILEBE:

These are all what i.am saying. We take all policemen as corrupt l, unprofessional and callous. That is how we see them. Changing thei way they dress won't mean anything to us

What does police reformation even mean? Is it to sack all their present officers and employ new ones?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
FILEBE:

One of my top friends is a top boss in the PF. He laments everytime. Why won't everyone respect the police if they act professionally?

I don't disrespect them, but overall most people don't regard them.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2022
alanto:

What does police reformation even mean? Is it to sack all their present officers and employ new ones?

Partly yes, if it means we start from there.

If you pour 10 pots of good soup into 1 pot of soup that is sour, they will still get sour.

Go figure.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by surequality: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2022
What about character and behaviour?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2022
Kennyfancy:
How will the traditional worshipers that are in the force dress ?

grin grin grin who do you this thing abrg grin eweeyyyy
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2022
dfrost:
Is this our current problem in Nigeria?

How does this solve fuel scarcity?
How does this stop errantic power supply?
How does this stop ASUU from their strike action?

Patiently waiting for the traditional version.

It is not the responsibility of the Police to solve fuel scarcity, end ASUU strike and solve power supply issues.

Its like asking an engineer to operate on a human being.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:

cheesy grin
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:

Pharaoh dey worship Allah?
No be Ra, Horus, Isis and co?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by nairaman66(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Nigerian leaders at all levels are bereft of common sense! Is it this dressing that will make the police less corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2022
backbencher:

It is not the responsibility of the Police to solve fuel scarcity, end ASUU strike and solve power supply issues.

Its like asking an engineer to operate on a human being.

What a way to horribly miss the point of a post.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emmanuel Oscar And Yohanah Kilus Executed By Boko Haram In Borno / Humility? Orji Uzor Kalu Caught On Camera Arranging Plastic Chairs In A Gatherin / Father Took His Little Son To Loot In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.