Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) (86503 Views)

President Tinubu To Chair Newly Approved Presidential Council On Industry / Tinubu: Nigerians Have Seen Ancestors Dressing As Youths Before - Adeyanju / Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by descartes400: 11:11am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

Let the officers dress this way, it does not violate their uniform

It violates sensitivity and sensibility in a multi-religious and cultural setting as ours. Why does this code of dressing reference only the Muslim community? Will the Catholics female police officer be allowed to wear theirs? How about the traditionalists who would love to attach traditional amulets to their dressing?

The argument is not pointless neither is it silly! It points to a religious agenda!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

What a way to horribly miss the point of a post.

No, it is the duty of the governemt to do all.that.

The police also has a right to set it's dress codes..and setting its dress.codes has nothing to do with fuel scarcity
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by FILEBE(m): 11:12am On Mar 06, 2022
dfrost:

One of my top friends is a top boss in the PF. He laments everytime. Why won't everyone respect the police if they act professionally?

I don't disrespect them, but overall most people don't regard them.

I try so much to regard them most times but they always let me down. Always!! Always I mean.
The NPF is a big body of corruption. Thr Disregard for human lives is crazy .

That your friend should please do all he can to make things better under him, he should sensitise his colleagues whenever. Nigerians will be willing to work with the police if they turn a new leaf
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Reference(m): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2022
Why are people so hard against this.
The police is a service which means those that they serve matter.
If a dress code conveys a sense of respect and belonging, it should be embraced.
If it will attract more women of the muslim faith into the service then I think it is a good thing.
If you are against it and then speak of diversity, is that not hypocrisy?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Germi9: 11:14am On Mar 06, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
As long as they are still the worst police force in the world, this doesn't make any meaning to me.
My brother Police na Police all over the world,if you travel you go understand

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dview001(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2022
Nigeria is now an islamic state..thanks to a disunited south
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by heniford2: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

which nigeria female police out dia grin abeg make we here word

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by byteem: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2022
Nigerian female police officers are mean wicked and extremely unprofessional.. u need to encounter one on the road to understand.. I car not what they wear
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Okoroawusa: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2022
The more religiously aware the world gets, the more rotten it becomes....

Use your tongue and count your teeth

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by emezuo17: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2022
CalabarPikin:
Rubbish
Rubbish
Rubbish
Rubbish
Rubbish
Rubbish

So officers that are traditionalist should start hanging charms all over them...

The celestials should start going barefooted on uniform

Whoever brought religion to Africa is a fool
. The African who has accepted this foreign religions and turned everything African as a sin is more foolish

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by shidof(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:
Female Nigeria police officers fit rock dia hijab wit dia uniform as police authorities don give dem di go-ahead.

Nigeria police recently approve optional dress code for women wey dey di Force.

Now dem fit wear earring and also put on dia hijab and wear dia cap ontop am.

�: Nigeria Police Force

fb://photo/2091389764400072?set=a.770108619861533
Awesome, the rules has been in existence for years in non Muslims countries not to talk of a Muslim dominated country like Nigeria
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2022
backbencher:

No, it is the duty of the governemt to do all.that.

That poster did not dispute that.

The police also has a right to set it's dress codes..and setting its dress.codes has nothing to do with fuel scarcity

That poster did not say it has something to do with fuel scarcity.

I think you lack basic comprehension skills.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by FILEBE(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2022
alanto:

What does police reformation even mean? Is it to sack all their present officers and employ new ones?

If that will work , no problem. The reformation I mean is a total reformation that leaves no room for corruption in the force, that allows superiors to monitor policemen on duty, cctv in the police station, digital records of all, mandating that they follow the rule of law always and anyone who defaults would be punished . Most importantly, listening to the people they are protecting .

You see? A total reform is what we want

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2022
Why do we push stupid agendas that has no benefits, all because we want to satisfy religious masters angry
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by shidof(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2022
obembet:
Na Islamic country we dey... More power to Terriost and bandits
So UK, Canada, USA and other western countries that adopted the dressing mode are terrorist country? I always think you're intelligent but seems as if intolerance has beclouded your sense of reasoning
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Babastrong(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2022
This dressing code will not go well with those religion bigots.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by euwalaka: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2022
Nigeriadondie:
What of behavioral code?
. Your absolutely correct �

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by damiloladuke: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2022
lol
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:21am On Mar 06, 2022
Reference:
Why are people so hard against this.
The police is a service which means those that they serve matter.
If a dress code conveys a sense of respect and belonging, it should be embraced.
If it will attract more women of the muslim faith into the service then I think it is a good thing.
If you are against it and then speak of diversity, is that not hypocrisy?

The hypocrisy you should avert your mind to is that which isolates the dress code of one religion and makes allowance for it in a multi religious kwantiri. What about the others, what provision has been made to accommodate their religious preferences and sensitivities.

And you dare actually mention diversity?

Nigga please.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:24am On Mar 06, 2022
shidof:
So UK, Canada, USA and other western countries that adopted the dressing mode are terrorist country? I always think you're intelligent but seems as if intolerance has beclouded your sense of reasoning

Those countries are hyper sensitive to Islam, that's the truth. It has become a thing not to be seen as Islamophobic, just as it is a thing not to be seen as racist. Islam has bullied them into this.

France resists, rightfully so in my view.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2022
descartes400:

It violates sensitivity and sensibility in a multi-religious and cultural setting as ours. Why does this code of dressing reference only the Muslim community? Will the Catholics female police officer be allowed to wear theirs? How about the traditionalists who would love to attach traditional amulets to their dressing?

May you live long.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by babasolution: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2022
This is pure islamization nothing else.This is only the beginning, the next is the military, and all paramilitary outfits.Then massive recruitment of northern females.The southern people are zombies

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

That poster did not dispute that.

That poster did not say it has something to do with fuel scarcity.

I think you lack basic comprehension skills.

No, fuel scarcity has nothing to do with fuel scarcity or ASUU strike

Finally , you need not get too emotional by saying i lack comprehension skills.I don't recall abusing you in like manner

We can agree to disagree at this point

Good morning
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2022
backbencher:

No, fuel scarcity has nothing to do with fuel scarcity or ASUU strike

Finally , you need not get too emotional by saying i lack comprehension skills.I don't recall abusing you in like manner

We can agree to disagree at this point

Good morning

Oya pele.
But try smarten up.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

Oya pele.
But try smarten up.

Have a good day
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

Oya pele.
But try smarten up.

Have a good day madam
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by JohnBullMySon: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2022
Christane:
Nigeria police always cum up with stupid ideas ...a force be it military or paramilitary
av no respect for dressing be it Christian or Muslim ...u re called to serve ur country dat is the utmost priority ...if u want to dress as ur religion permit ..leave the service and serve ur God
Western countries allow their military to wear articles of faith depending on your faith. How is it now a stupid idea?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2022
THAT is NOT hijab
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dettolgel: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:

Nigerian police only puts the lives of civilians at risk and never theirs. Please get your facts right. grin

2 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by CyberHustle: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:

What is the purpose of uniform? It is meant to be uniform and distinct for easy identification, whether for schools or police. We have taken our own religious inclination to be a thing of some kind of unregulated competition. It is all borne out of the need to survive economically along religious and tribal line. That's why Hausa is the liqua franca in NNPC today. Hausa is suppose to be one of the over 200 languages of ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Religion should be a private affair but regrettably has been turned into a key part of public information.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by DeepSight(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2022
backbencher:

Have a good day madam

Jesu Christi, you are a wicked soul! Madam ke?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by JohnBullMySon: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

Those countries are hyper sensitive to Islam, that's the truth. It has become a thing not to be seen as Islamophobic, just as it is a thing not to be seen as racist. Islam has bullied them into this.

France resists, rightfully so in my view.
You are wrong in this. Hindu worshippers in the US military are allowed to wear their turban. Christians are allowed to inscribe passages on their military gear. It has nothing to do with sympathy for Islam. Its about freedom of religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emmanuel Oscar And Yohanah Kilus Executed By Boko Haram In Borno / Humility? Orji Uzor Kalu Caught On Camera Arranging Plastic Chairs In A Gatherin / Father Took His Little Son To Loot In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.