Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) (86475 Views)

President Tinubu To Chair Newly Approved Presidential Council On Industry / Tinubu: Nigerians Have Seen Ancestors Dressing As Youths Before - Adeyanju / Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by assholemods: 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

Okay if you are talking about balance how come the balancer forgot to make provisions for other religious preferences as well?
Now you are going into a different thing or question entirely which means that at least you agreed with what I said.
Your question is a very good one but unfortunately I can't answer it. This is what we should now ask those or who brought that idea they are in better position to answer may be they will re adjust it. Remember also that the dress code is optional.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by assholemods: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
almarthins:

E dey trash bin. Nigerian police na agbero
Lol... cheesy cheesy
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by assholemods: 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
okuta007:

it’s normal - even in America- they now allow police officers who are sikhs to wear their turban on their US police uniform- i saw one in texas some years ago
Yes you are right, if you had seen the police man in Houston he was the police guy that was killed here in Houston about 3 years ago I can't remember his name now. Very popular and nice police man, he goes about wearing his Sikhs.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by AsawanaDgreat: 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
Make no sense
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by assholemods: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
okuta007:

it’s normal - even in America- they now allow police officers who are sikhs to wear their turban on their US police uniform- i saw one in texas some years ago
This is the guy.

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by assholemods: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
AsawanaDgreat:
Make no sense
To people like you who are not exposed.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by AsawanaDgreat: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
assholemods:

To people like you who are not exposed.
exposer like you
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Comedian2019: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
rowland545:
Since when did police become a religious body....

Instead of u them to bring ideas to further help them discharge there duties they r here promoting religion...

This is sad
I won't be surprised to see them mandate the women to use hijab.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Oscillator: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

Let the officers dress this way, it does not violate their uniform
stop the romanticising of police or military work. It's not done for free. They are paid for it and yes, police and military salary scale is higher than any other government ministries in Nigeria.

They chose the work and aren't dying for anyone. They chose the work to feed themselves and their families.

And again police extra judicial killing in Nigeria is higher than malaria and tuberculosis.

Silly.

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by alanto: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
FILEBE:

If that will work , no problem. The reformation I mean is a total reformation that leaves no room for corruption in the force, that allows superiors to monitor policemen on duty, cctv in the police station, digital records of all, mandating that they follow the rule of law always and anyone who defaults would be punished . Most importantly, listening to the people they are protecting .

You see? A total reform is what we want
LoL. I don't think the present crops of nigerians not even police officers can't make all these happens. It's like fantasy to me. Remember this police are nigerians too and what they are doing in form of corruption and abuse of power and office, nurses and doctors do it too, bankers do it, custom officers, soldiers, opc, esn everybody that has power in Nigeria always find a way to abuse it.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by alanto: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
dfrost:

Partly yes, if it means we start from there.

If you pour 10 pots of good soup into 1 pot of soup that is sour, they will still get sour.

Go figure.
You will still recruit a Nigerian person and they will still corrupt the organization
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by thaophic2u(m): 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
That's a good development.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Stevenson1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
LeoDeKing:
The regulation clearly stated OPTIONAL..

But Congo jews will soon be on their ways to start screaming islamisation and fulanisation of the police force.

Ask them how, they will start grunting like wild pigs. angry

If Nigeria attempts Islamization now, wetin mumu like you go do?? You go protest, you go fight? Coward!
When the government was forcing ruga down our throats, where the Bleep were you??
By the way, no one said anything about the dress code but your stupid tribalist brain won't let you acknowledge the development and move over.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Pymetrics: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
rowland545:
Since when did police become a religious body....

Instead of u them to bring ideas to further help them discharge there duties they r here promoting religion...

This is sad
I understand your hatred towards Islam. But don't you read that they can now wear hear ring? Why single out hijab dress alone and silent on others? Your hatred can't stop a moving cargo ship.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by ArewaNorth: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
Prosperous111:
First stage of islamisazation
Muslims should be given right to dress the way they're enjoined to do by their religion in their work places.
The current nude dress code belongs to ur religion handed over to us by ur British brothers. You are so hypocritical in everything.
The working days, the weekends, the anthems we sing, the half naked (indecent) dress codes in most work places and most of the public holidays are in favour of Christians. We so much respect any right u are given but u always blackmailing others to stop their religious practices.
School uniform depicts what ur brothers who colonised and handed over Christian system gave us but are shamelessly making it look like an agreed acceptable uniform by all entities involved.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Tomek09(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:
There was once a debate amongst Americans as to if some American soldiers of a certain religion (not Muslim or Christian) should wear long beards and someone answered thus "I am not a soldier, I don't intend to join the army as I don't have the stomach to risk my life. These people are out there in the line of fire so I can be safe, the last thing I am worried about it has long or short their beard is"

Female police offficers are out their putting life at risk, are paid low, don't get respected enough yet are out there on the streets to keep it save against criminals. Something I am not doing so I can sleep well. The last thing I am bothered with is if they are wearing an extra scarf or not. This arguement over the dress is pointless and silly.

Must hijab be considered in such Security Outfit Must Nigeria consider religion in everything?? Can't we do things beyond this religious issue coming up? I don't just get why Police Force had to bend their rules just to achieve a religious goal. Despite all religious activities going on in Nigeria yet she remains a shadow of itself. Very annoying.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by olaitan9291(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
Eberex:
I laugh.

What will this accomplish?

Seriously speaking, what will it accomplish?

What will Beret accomplish?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by olaitan9291(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
micflo28:
Hope the hijab approval will end banditry, bank robbery, kidnapping and ritual killings etc. unserious people.

Hope the Beret has solved the the problem of insecurity in Nigeria
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Evidenx(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
Let me drop this here,and I know many will not believe.. But when it happens u will remember I said so.

Nigeria have been sold...yes sold.

A time is coming countries will be fighting to take over nigeria.

Thats all I can say for now.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by blackboy(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
What is the essense of this? Every sector every part of this country is further being dividing one way or the other. Imagine this now in the police force. You will see how it will further cause problems. Nigeria needs to learn to unite the country and not divide based on tribe, dress, religion etc if a muslim police woman dont wear this soon she will be victimized or looked down on. Based on this benefits or favouritism.or even punishment will be meted out. Where is the uniform again? It has been religiousized. Army might consider it and all other forces. The school matter never finish it is now being brought into our security forces. Lets simply go for state police.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Bifwoli: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nigeriadondie:
What of behavioral code?
They run on Nigerian made software called "kwaruption"

1 Like

Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
alanto:

You will still recruit a Nigerian person and they will still corrupt the organization

Alas! We agree. It's the system.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Ovisko: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
I have seen this coming. The army is the next watchout
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by rowland545(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
Pymetrics:

I understand your hatred towards Islam. But don't you read that they can now wear hear ring? Why single out hijab dress alone and silent on others? Your hatred can't stop a moving cargo ship.
I don't hate Islam don't say what u don't know... I respect all religion...

But making our uniform religious its a no for me....what will they do next... Allow deeper life women in the force wear long gown?

It makes no sense
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Pymetrics: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
rowland545:
I don't hate Islam don't say what u don't know... I respect all religion...

But making our uniform religious its a no for me....what will they do next... Allow deeper life women in the force wear long gown?

It makes no sense
If that is the case, let's start from foreign countries. Don't US, UK, Australia have large number of none Muslims who have their religious attire? Then why do people in these countries not cry when Muslim forces were allowed to wear hijab? Don't you see that cry in Nigeria is filled with hatred.

Secondly, hijab is everyday, every minute, every seconds routine for a Muslimah in close and open. So not only wear when going to mosque or Arabic school or religious functions. However, other non Muslim attires are not every day, every minute, every seconds routine. They only wear it when going to religious houses or religious functions. So will you compare the two situations? When none Muslims in Osun State cry that they would be wearing their religious attires to school, yes they dídì. But do they sustained it? They themselves dropped it and this is because it is not part of their daily life
They only did that as a result of jealousy, hatred and hypocrisy. Similarly, none Muslim forces won't sustain their religious attire dressing if allowed because it's not part of their daily life. We can't just be comparing every situation. Let me have my way when I'm supposed to and you have yours when you're supposed to, instead of hate filled reactions.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by bonnyhope: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mynd44:

Putting their lives at risk you said?

How are they doing that?
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by BennyDGreat: 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
dfrost:

One of my top friends is a top boss in the PF. He laments everytime. Why won't everyone respect the police if they act professionally?

I don't disrespect them, but overall most people don't regard them.

The image of the NPF has been battered big time.
You probably respect them cos you have a top boss you respect there.

If you didn't have anyone there and you have ever encountered them randomly on a serious issue, you will never have a droplet of respect for them
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by Speaklove: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
This is pure propaganda .
The Hi jab as I know should reach down above the kneels and should cover the body .
This is simply an attempt to force tenet of Islam into the Nigerian system .
This I believe was inspired by the Hi jab bruhaha .
The Christian bodies in Nigeria must not keep mum but defend the faith.

This is unacceptable
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by dfrost: 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
BennyDGreat:

The image of the NPF has been battered big time.
You probably respect them cos you have a top boss you respect there.

If you didn't have anyone there and you have ever encountered them randomly on a serious issue, you will never have a droplet of respect for them

Not really. A few of them are nice. And I can tell you, I've been dealt with their rubbish several times. So I understand what you said.
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by feedthenation(m): 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
---what about their behavioural code---which is far more important---
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by shidof(m): 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
DeepSight:

Those countries are hyper sensitive to Islam, that's the truth. It has become a thing not to be seen as Islamophobic, just as it is a thing not to be seen as racist. Islam has bullied them into this.

France resists, rightfully so in my view. Y
Thank God you said your view. You're trying to be wise but from what you wrote above you're definitely not. Islam bullied them to complied with their own laws that was stated in their own constitution. Do you know what's call basic fundamental human right? Guess you don't, You can't be preaching democracy and be practicing dictatorship. Many western have adopted that mode of dressing and more will still accept it in future but you intolerance and hatred for Islam is making you feeling as if you're right when you're definitely swallowing in darkness
Re: Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) by FILEBE(m): 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
alanto:

LoL. I don't think the present crops of nigerians not even police officers can't make all these happens. It's like fantasy to me. Remember this police are nigerians too and what they are doing in form of corruption and abuse of power and office, nurses and doctors do it too, bankers do it, custom officers, soldiers, opc, esn everybody that has power in Nigeria always find a way to abuse it.

Is it that Nigeria's case is irredeemable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emmanuel Oscar And Yohanah Kilus Executed By Boko Haram In Borno / Humility? Orji Uzor Kalu Caught On Camera Arranging Plastic Chairs In A Gatherin / Father Took His Little Son To Loot In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.