Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

My Visit To Kenya. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Kenya. (5974 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Decimus: 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Starzo:

so once a countries currency has higher value it automatically means the quality of life is better in that country??...many of you are so foolish and that's why we are where we are as a nation.

What's the average salary of Kenyan workers.

Pls tell me what jobs are available in Nairobi(Kenya) for Kenyan citizens,how much they pay,the cost of living in the city, then tell me how the quality of life is better of there.

Once you people see higher currency Value, you foolishly conclude that things are better without factoring in the cost of living.

Una mumu nor go ever do
Don't mind them. Most of them spend all their lives in a local village in Nigeria then travel to the capital of a small country and exhaust their life savings in one month then come back and start singing how they have seen heaven and earth.
Imagine that one saying Kenya economy is better than Nigeria.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Decimus: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
okeysoninv:
do you know what your saying? Kenya shilling is far better than naira. Nairobi is far better than Abuja and Lagos combined.
How's Kenya shilling better than naira?
Back home in Nigeria, what kind of coffee and burger will you spend N7k on?
If you take 7k to chicken republic in Lagos for lunch, I'm sure you'll eat to satisfaction.
Because 1 Korean won is is 0.3 naira, does that makes Nigeria economy better than theirs?

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Jamestown123: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
okeysoninv:
the. World capital of poverty is Nigeria. Kenya have higher minimum wage than Nigeria. Kenya is far better than Nigeria. Na u no wan learn . Park one side joor
Bros na u no won learn. Leave naija first before you begin dey conclude.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Agbecassava: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Hello folks it been a while I posted. So I will be updating you on my visit to the Republic Of Kenya.

Note it still an ongoing journey and you could follow up on my Instagram page via this link

[url]https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal [/url]

Sometimes in April I got an opportunity to apply for an agricultural training in Kenya (fully funded), at first I was hesitant but later I applied, and out of five persons needed in Nigeria we were amongst the only three to be selected.

The journey began.

I was issued my invitation letter for visa, asked for my COVID test signed a COVID undertaking etc.

Note: Kenya visa process is seamless as I applied for visa on Saturday morning, got it by Monday by eight am, all done online.

I used a sign entry visa which cost about fifty one usd (you can do your visa application your self)

After been issued my Evisa the NGO confirmed my flight but I couldn’t get direct to Nirobi, so had to fly through Ethiopia.

Oga mi abeg help me
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
okeysoninv:
the. World capital of poverty is Nigeria. Kenya have higher minimum wage than Nigeria. Kenya is far better than Nigeria. Na u no wan learn . Park one side joor

Pack your bags and go do the Yahoo work wey all of una dey run go do there

Apart from Yahoo, e get any other work wey dey Kenya wey una dey do??... useless creatures
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Sixth of March.

After booking my flight with Arik two days before to Lagos they disappointed me four hours to my flight by concealing the flight I had to book using another airline because by flight was for the sevenths of March

Arrived Lagos by four pm with no much activities

Nice thread cheesy
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Bifwoli: 12:36am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

so once a countries currency has higher value it automatically means the quality of life is better in that country??...many of you are so foolish and that's why we are where we are as a nation.

What's the average salary of Kenyan workers.

Pls tell me what jobs are available in Nairobi(Kenya) for Kenyan citizens,how much they pay,the cost of living in the city, then tell me how the quality of life is better of there.

Once you people see higher currency Value, you foolishly conclude that things are better without factoring in the cost of living.

Una mumu nor go ever do

You're a worse mumu than those you're attacking. Kenya beats in HDI scores,life expectancy,literacy rates,24/7 electricity,number of foreign companies,tourists and of course economic growth. Poverty is increasing in Naija while in Kenya its slowing down.

Mumu don't take just one measure of quality of life then act like you're better than others.

5 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Bifwoli: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2022
Decimus:

I don't even think you understand yourself.
Is this your first time of traveling outside Nigeria?
If we are to go by your logic then we can say Nigeria economy is better than that of South Korea because 1 won is equivalent to 0.3 naira.
What's Kenya GDP?
If you look it up, Nigeria GDP is x4 higher.
The only problem here is corruption, don't ever compare Kenya Economy to Nigeria again
Look at another mumu embarrassing themself.
That higher GDP still gets Naija scoring lower on life expectancy,lower on literacy rates,lower on HDI scores and epileptic electricity compared to Kenia.Even their main airport beats MMIA by passenger numbers and their sea port goes toe to toe with Lagos tincan despite having 4 times the population and GDP.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2022
Decimus:

How's Kenya shilling better than naira?
Back home in Nigeria, what kind of coffee and burger will you spend N7k on?
If you take 7k to chicken republic in Lagos for lunch, I'm sure you'll eat to satisfaction.
Because 1 Korean won is is 0.3 naira, does that makes Nigeria economy better than theirs?
all this kids self . The young man is talking about Ethiopian currency. Naira is useless currency . The value of naira to ksh check when ksh left naira in 2013. Till now 1ksh to equivalent to 5naira . Kenya is not ur mate . Travel and see
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2022
Memberclub:
foolish village boy
ode
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

Pack your bags and go do the Yahoo work wey all of una dey run go do there

Apart from Yahoo, e get any other work wey dey Kenya wey una dey do??... useless creatures
your af. Ool , alot of Nigerians are making it big in business there . Get work utobo
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Bifwoli:
You're a worse mumu than those you're attacking. Kenya beats in HDI scores,life expectancy,literacy rates,24/7 electricity,number of foreign companies,tourists and of course economic growth. Poverty is increasing in Naija while in Kenya its slowing down.

Mumu don't take just one measure of quality of life then act like you're better than others.
see this goat...24hrs electricity where?,which economic growth are you talking about and how big is the economy of kenya? what's the employment rate there and the average take home salary??..Fool!, you can only deceive the gullible idiots who don't know how wretches the average Kenyan is. The people living in the high class areas and enjoying the best Kenya has to offer are mainly foreigners. Local Kenyans are living in dip shit. Local Kenyans are house girls and gate men to the rich foreigners enjoying the best Kenya has to offer (including Nigerians).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
your af. Ool , alot of Nigerians are making it big in business there . Get work utobo
fool.you just shot yourself in the foot. How big is the economy of kenya that makes it a better market place then Nigeria?...When it comes to market size everybody knows Nigeria is booger and better than all the rest in Africa. You leave Nigeria that has a bigger market with citizens with higher purchasing power and go to wretched Kenya cuz you want to make it big in business. Nor be juju b dat?...your mumu nor go ever do
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Jamestown123: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2022
Bifwoli:

Kenya don't have 24/7 electricity. Do know what 24/7 means self? Not even the whole part of Kenya is connected to electricity. Although nairobi enjoys steady electricity than Nigeria. But it's not 24 hrs
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
all this kids self . The young man is talking about Ethiopian currency. Naira is useless currency . The value of naira to ksh check when ksh left naira in 2013. Till now 1ksh to equivalent to 5naira . Kenya is not ur mate . Travel and see
I see simple English is difficult for you to understand. Exchange rate is not directly proportional to purchasing power. What you will purchase with 100naira will be more than what is obtainable with 500ksh.

Just cuz cedis has higher exchange rate than naira doesn't make it a more valuable currency. The naira still has a higher purchasing power .

Illiteracy is a disease
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2022
Jamestown123:
Kenya don't have 24/7 electricity. Do know what 24/7 means self? Not even the whole part of Kenya is connected to electricity. Although nairobi enjoys steady electricity than Nigeria. But it's not 24 hrs
Don't mind those village he-goats Making mockery of themselves here.

All those other African countries only have thief capitals to boast about and it's not as though its something any reasonable person would boast about.

The rest parts are worse than villages in borno but some mugus use what they see in only the capitals to judge.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

fool.you just shot yourself in the foot. How big is the economy of kenya that makes it a better market place then Nigeria?...When it comes to market size everybody knows Nigeria is booger and better than all the rest in Africa. You leave Nigeria that has a bigger market with citizens with higher purchasing power and go to wretched Kenya cuz you want to make it big in business. Nor be juju b dat?...your mumu nor go ever do

muooo the number of foreigners that visits Kenya alone is 10x when compared to Nigeria. Lol. The number of malls in Nairobi alone is more than Abuja, Lagos and pH when combined. Kenya sh is 1ksh to 5naira. Ur still toddler
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
muooo the number of foreigners that visits Kenya alone is 10x when compared to Nigeria. Lol. The number of malls in Nairobi alone is more than Abuja, Lagos and pH when combined. Kenya sh is 1ksh to 5naira. Ur still toddler
I'm talking about the quality of life of the locals and you're talking about foreigners. How does it reflect on the Kenya society when the best they've got to offer are mainly enjoyed by foreigners and not Kenyans themselves?...

And since when is the number of malls equivalent to economic growth and quality of life.( Shopping malls whose major target are foreigners and not Kenyans themselves).

You and common sense are not on good terms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

I see simple English is difficult for you to understand. Exchange rate is not directly proportional to purchasing power. What you will purchase with 100naira will be more than what is obtainable with 500ksh.

Just cuz cedis has higher exchange rate than naira doesn't make it a more valuable currency. The naira still has a higher purchasing power .

Illiteracy is a disease
ode, in 2013 ksh was almost equivalent to naira . But today due to downward nature of naira it's now 1ksh to 5naira. Phool if u have poor exchange rate how could you afford basic things when ur minimum wage is just 60usd. How many Nigerians can afford to buy iPhone13 of 600k naira with the prevailing exchange rate. Stop disgracing urself in public forum. The number of malls only Nairobi is more than Lagos, Abuja ph , ibadan etc combined
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
ode, in 2013 ksh was almost equivalent to naira . But today due to downward nature of naira it's now 1ksh to 5naira. Phool if u have poor exchange rate how could you afford basic things when ur minimum wage is just 60usd. How many Nigerians can afford to buy iPhone13 of 600k naira with the prevailing exchange rate. Stop disgracing urself in public forum. The number of malls only Nairobi is more than Lagos, Abuja ph , ibadan etc combined
Your be real goat aswear...The number of that same iPhone 13 users in Nigeria completely dwarfs that of Kenya. How many Kenyans even have phone sef?

It's obvious you're too dull to understand the meaning of 'purchasing power?

I'm done with you. Continue wallowing in your ignorance
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

I'm talking about the quality of life of the locals and you're talking about foreigners. How does it reflect on the Kenya society when the best they've got to offer are mainly enjoyed by foreigners and not Kenyans themselves?...

And since when is the number of malls equivalent to economic growth and quality of life.( Shopping malls whose major target are foreigners and not Kenyans themselves).

You and common sense are not on good terms.
village boy let school you a little minimum wage in Nigeria is 60usd vs kenya shilling of 105usd
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

Your be real goat aswear...The number of that same iPhone 13 users in Nigeria completely dwarfs that of Kenya. How many Kenyans even have phone sef?

It's obvious you're too dull to understand the meaning of 'purchasing power?

I'm done with you. Continue wallowing in your ignorance
phool lol stays in ur village and be comparing Nigeria and Kenya. How many nigeria can afford to cough out 600k to buy phone.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
phool lol stays in ur village and be comparing Nigeria and Kenya. How many nigeria can afford to cough out 600k to buy phone.
how many Kenyans have 20k ksh has account balance??

And arguing with 'how many people are. using iPhone 13' as a yardstick for determining economic strength shows how dull and redundant your are.

You argue like an underaged, drug ravaged and irredeemably stupid yahoo boy. Cuz that's all you know. You and runs girls. iPhone means class to idiots like you
You're a complete waste of time
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Jamestown123: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

Don't mind those village he-goats Making mockery of themselves here.

All those other African countries only have thief capitals to boast about and it's not as though its something any reasonable person would boast about.

The rest parts are worse than villages in borno but some mugus use what they see in only the capitals to judge.
That's the Nigerians problems we are facing. How can someone with his sane mind compare the Kenya market to that of Nigeria? Kenya rate of unemployment is higher than Nigeria, Kenya gdp per capita is lower than Nigeria, kenya ppp is lower than Nigeria. Just that nairobi is trying in terms of development, but it's just the tiny part of it.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2022
Starzo:

how many Kenyans have 20k ksh has account balance??

And arguing with 'how many people are. using iPhone 13' as a yardstick for determining economic strength shows how dull and redundant your are.

You argue like an underaged, drug ravaged and irredeemably stupid yahoo boy. Cuz that's all you know. You and runs girls. iPhone means class to idiots like you
You're a complete waste of time
kid find your mate . Don't have time for childish talk
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by TheMan3: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2022
Bifwoli:

quality of life is far higher in Kenya than Nigeria. No doubt about that. The fact that Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa dosnt mean the people have a good quality of life and standard of living.

Only those that have never left Lagos think the world revolves around naija.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Jamestown123: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
Are you joking or what? That nairobi has more malls that lagos? Are you for real bro. Sometimes it's just good to shut up than just talk ignorantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Jamestown123: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
okeysoninv:
village boy let school you a little minimum wage in Nigeria is 60usd vs kenya shilling of 105usd
Oga stop dey mumu yourself abeg it's gross.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Jamestown123:
Are you joking or what? That nairobi has more malls that lagos? Are you for real bro. Sometimes it's just good to shut up than just talk ignorantly.
they are more 40 malls in Nairobi alone how many is in Lagos? Hahahaha
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
Jamestown123:
Oga stop dey mumu yourself abeg it's gross.
na u dey mumu urself Nigeria minimum wage is 30k naira equivalent of 60usd while Kenya is 13500ksh equivalent of 120usd.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Nigeria's CEO Arrested Over N5billion Tax Debt / Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) / Help, I Need Two Nigerian Passport!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.