Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? (8453 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here / Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by frank317: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
my brother was posted there and i dont know what to do, hellppp!!!
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by philip0906(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
grin grin grin
na all of una wey dey find job na. . .people like us dat have plans 2 provide jobs after school dont need no nysc rubbish. . .
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by otokx(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
when we told you people to scrap this stuff una no gree; oya carry go na
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by frank317: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2011
philip0906:

grin grin grin
na all of una wey dey find job na. . .people like us dat have plans 2 provide jobs after school dont need no nysc rubbish. . .

otokx:

when we told you people to scrap this stuff una no gree; oya carry go na

thanks, but that didnt help me in any way. na me go scrao NYSC?

1 Like

Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by philip0906(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^
my brova ur bros has 2 options. . .
1.2 go and come back(hopefully he does) and start roaming the streets with worn out shoes looking 4 a job grin grin
2. 4get nysc and their wahala and be an entrepreneur and job provider
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by frank317: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
philip0906:

^^
my brova your bros has 2 options. . .
1.2 go and come back(hopefully he does) and start roaming the streets with worn out shoes looking 4 a job grin grin
2. 4get nysc and their wahala and be an entrepreneur and job provider

u talk of being an entreprenueur like its easy, one needs cash to start up, thats something i know my brother dont have for now. beside, service is necessary just like education is in naija
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by philip0906(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2011
frank3.16:

u talk of being an entreprenueur like its easy, one needs cash to start up, thats something i know my brother dont have for now. beside, service is necessary just like education is in naija
there r many ways 2 kill a bird(abi how una dey take talk am). . .else go 4 option1
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by agitator: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2011
frank3.16:

thanks, but that didnt help me in any way. na me go scrao NYSC?

What type of help are you looking for? Ok he should go to Aso Rock and request for a change. wink
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by frank317: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
agitator:

What type of help are you looking for? Ok he should go to Aso Rock and request for a change. wink

all i needed was info on anybody in this kind of situation, what did they do about it? are they going there knowing the state is a troubled state? i thought the federal government decided not to send at leaset non indigenes of the state over there? is there any way one can reject it?
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by maga1: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2011
Fear not. Your bros is going 2 meet pple like himself there & i bet they are gonna just be fine. 4get about wat we read on papers & NL. They are all rubbish makin it look like naija is one afganistan. From experience, i served in zamfara & i really luvd d place. Almost half of xtians dat serve there always stay back & later settle there. Finally, nysc is not boko haram target (any1 cld fall a victim of boko, mend et al)
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Egbagirl(f): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
I wonder why there are two topics on the same issue on the Frontpage ? Unless u r related to the other guy?? Even then,
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Jossy7575(m): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2011
He should just listen to his spirit and do whatever God directs him to do.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by redcliff: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
I swear, ur brother shouldn't go cos if it was me I would not think twice about going or not, I won't try it. Besides, shey na NYSC go determine wetin u go be for this life. Cos if anything happen to ur brother now, the money he's trying to make, he would never have it again. So be careful my bro
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by JIBADETOYE: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2011
He should dust N.Y.S.C because it is the person that is alive that can serve is country so life first.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by blesbeatz(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2011
dude, i dont believe in this nysc ma self, but if i was ur bro i will go for it ignorin  everything, because every place in the country is not safe. so he should risk it.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Honeycity(f): 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
Is NYSC certificate really worth dying for?

naaa!! even GEJ compensation is nothing to write home about
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Ekiti1: 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is what your brother will do:
1) Report at the NYSC orientation camp for the orientation (he will be save there as long as he didnt jump fence to go out and flex)
2)Report at the local government he is posted to and ask to speak one on one with the NYSC  local government officer or F.I or L.I
3)Tell him/her that he will leave half of his federal allowance for the officer if he will be clearing your brother every month.
4)Process all his files so he could be receiving his allowances
5)Come back home to find something to do.
N.B:
It is important he credits the account of his Z.I or L.I every month so he could be cleared.

Thats my two kobo. and by the way, dont ask me how I know!

1 Like

Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by dustydee: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
Mine was posted to Rivers state. What do I do? sad
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Honeycity(f): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2011
dustydee:

Mine was posted to Rivers state. What do I do? sad
its nothig to worry over
MEND dont kidnap youth coppers except if hes the son of a senator or minister grin
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by igbsam(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
Since u dont want to listen to other people's option, then let him go to borno and on your own part, make sure you pack to a strong prayer church and make it your permanent residence while you employ yourself to prayer and fasting for his safe return back home. Because this Boko boyz are not joking at all. Shikena!
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by bisiaet: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2011
Simply go back home before is too late because I dont know how daft this NYSC nuissance are that they still posted graduates to such a volitile place. Do this people think at all and who a hell is doing this posting of a thing? Can he post his own family there?

Because of selfishness, corruption, and greediness so many will not listen or yield to the call of erazing the craps of NYSC stuffs wasting a whole lot year is a shameful thing, Indeed I went through it but what is the important absolutely craps and wasting of time but because the contactors involve in this YOUTH service who want cash by all means has stand tall to stop and halt any attempt to scrap Iit but they will yield untill one day the entire NYSC camp are wipe out by this animal in the North and kill all then the govt will listen this was how Boko animal started people were shouting then to wipe this animals out but some stand tall to challenge it and called them mere radicals NOW are they mere radicals? Here we are again deceiving ourselves
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by chines4(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Let you brother go. All life belong to God. Just pray that the Good lord will guide and protect him.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by unknown247: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
they should go and join boko haram and make sure they bomb all the NYSC staff especial the once in Abuja
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by 9ja4eva: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2011
chines4:

Let you brother go. All life belong to God. Just pray that the Good lord will guide and protect him.

Good response.

If its me i won't go sha.I fear the North but God saves his people.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
Tell your brother to go to one or two doctors, collect there report, of a particular illment, then apply for redeployment but it is unfortunate that he have to stay out his dayz in camp, God help him
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
simple. tell ur bro not to collect the call-up letter.mid-way into the orientation, he should start applying for remobilization through the student office for the next batch.
if posted to another 'danger' state, repeat same above
BOKO HARAM IS REAL O!
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
Ekiti1:

This is what your brother will do:
1) Report at the NYSC orientation camp for the orientation (he will be save there as long as he didnt jump fence to go out and flex)
2)Report at the local government he is posted to and ask to speak one on one with the NYSC  local government officer or F.I or L.I
3)Tell him/her that he will leave half of his federal allowance for the officer if he will be clearing your brother every month.
4)Process all his files so he could be receiving his allowances
5)Come back home to find something to do.
N.B:
It is important he credits the account of his Z.I or L.I every month so he could be cleared.

Thats my two kobo. and by the way, dont ask me how I know!

Ah!   grin The Naija way.
You probably did it during your time tongue
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Bawss1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2011
I think the moment NYSC starts listing states where they won’t post corpers is the day Nigeria’s federal character will be brought into sharp focus. Such a move if it ever happens carries a lot of serious undertones. The guys at NYSC don’t want to make the first move or as they say, bell the cat.

I personally won't want to serve in the den of Boko Haram no matter what.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Guyman02: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
chines4:

[quote Guyman02 « #27 on: June 23, 2011, 12:10 PM »   ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wont blame any parent who doent want their wards to serve in certain areas as a precautionary measure. It is unadvisable for a youth corp member to wear his uniform on the streets of Maiduguri under the present situation because you stand the chance of being gunned by motorcycle riding AK47 clutching Boko Haram members who may see them as Govt agents.
Many CPC supporters still view corpers as part of the rigging mechanism used to deny their Mai Gaskiya his presidential ambition.

Advice: if you must serve in some northern states, after orientation camp, dump your NYSC uniform in a bag and go to your place of primary assignment in kaftans and probably grow a beard (bia bia) then for the ladies learn to wear the hijab (veil), free flowing trousers or wrapper, long sleeve shirts that falls below your butts and hopefully you will be fine by not attracting unnecessary attention as an arni (infidel) on yourselves.

Avoid any writeup or booklet in arabic alphabet or you will be wrongly accused of desecrating the Koran.

For you Christian preachers, please dont go around evangilizing and arguing over religious matters or you may be acused of abusing the prophet (Apostacy) and that could attract mob action.

Avoid having affairs with their daughters or you may be accused of defiling her with infidel blood, but they are happy when they see their men dating Christian ladies as they view that as a conquest with the possibility that if it leads to marriage the Christian lady will bear kids that will follow Islam (Maryam Babangida) and even be converted.

Avoid using Almajiri kids to wash and clean your clothes and house as they have the tendency to claim that you were seen cleaning your anus with a sheet from the holy book and that will spell doom.

Avoid alcohol joints as they are seen as a place of gathering for infidels that could be attacked for a reward from Allah.

Avoid INEC electoral duties.

Avoid passing through the Mosque area especially on Fridays when others are bowing and you are walking majestically across their front the Hisbah (Islamic police) may come for and you could be dealth with severely.

When you hear shouts of Allahu Akbar continuosly different from the normal call to prayer just sense trouble and make your way out of that location, it could be a call for mob action.

There are other rules that you must keep and you will have a memorable service year in the North and in the end you may even wish to remain there and pick a job.[quote][/quote]
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Anaegboka(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
He should not go. Let Borno indigenes serve in Borno.
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by Basics007: 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
It is pure inhumanity for the NYSC to think of sending youths to the whole north not to talk of Borno. @OP I think as someone said before tell ur bro to get a medical report which wont allow him to go to yhe desert and approach the NYSC with it. Wishin you guys the best
Re: What Should Corpers Posted To Borno State Do? by cescky(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
try to make the orientation camp! while there speak to some of the nysc officials, tell them your discormfort and be ready to surrender ur monthly allownace to them, and leave!! at the end of the program they can easily arrange your certificate for from abuja. tell ur bro not to serve there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best States For NYSC And Everything You Need To Know - NYSC 2019 Batch B / Penalty For Missing NYSC Clearance / NYSC U-report, U-report - A Very Fraustrating Exercise With Which Value?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.