Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? (29404 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:21am On Mar 09, 2022
Your son may have manipulated you, into feeling quilt, but he was right and you acknowledged it. You will need to show him what responsibility is like, not shout responsibility into him, he is still a human with challenges.

Children are wise and smart and to be able to help them as they grow, you will need to develop yourself, this is why it is important that as individuals we develop our minds to a high degree, so we can address the growing challenges.

You yourself need to read books on communication, some phycology and child education studies, you have to put in the work, you have to increase your understanding, its a challenge we all have to work on.

You can be assertive without shouting, and you should work on adding some responsibility for you son, like previous comments suggested.

Make sure you show healthy emotions, your son will likely copy or emulate you emotions, if you show fear, he may likely emulate fear, if you show frustration and anger he will likely emulate it too.

Rather, you can show him and its important you are authentic, you show him the character of thoughtfulness, responsibility, self control and understanding (which is learned through communicating what is expected and not expected, as you have done, in calmness and grace, grace or love).

You have to do a well grounded study on this, everything is a risk, the seeds you plant today, may germinate early or later, so watch it carefully, with care and awareness.

kumulus:
Dear Teettyllayho,

You really should stop abusing and disrespecting his person by shouting at him! (Just because he's yet a child, albeit physically)

You did well by talking to him, he's a human like yourself and at 7 he's capable of reasoning. Create and give incentives when he follows your admonitions, imagine if you'd told home you'd get him some candy/chocolate, a book or another toy if/when he brings back the original lunch box. He would have done everything to make sure he brought it home and wouldn't be nonchalant about it as you suggested. (Doing this continuously would build in him over time sound character, he will grow up knowing there's always some good reward for putting in the right effort)

Now he asked IF (he wasn't even demanding you do) you will buy him a new one instead, rather than say yes/no (if possible with the reason you won't), you went on to deal him a slap. How will he ever trust to be real/honest with you again?? That morning experience just handed him one more lock for his lips, now you watch him recede farther into that one corner if you don't take initiative to right this wrong.

Parents and gaurdians should stop ruining the mental fabric of their wards!!!!

Develop sound communication with your children, hear then out and respond accordingly. Reproving a child doesn't necessarily mean being harsh, the wise teaching says to correct in love. Anger and frustration aren't love, I'm sure you'll agree.

1 Like

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by sajmark(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

I hope and pray so.
His dad is in another state for now but comes home during the weekends.
It's not about coming home every weekend to have sex with you and touch the kids on their heads,
Is the father close to his children? Most especially the boy?
Does he sit down with them and talk?
If he doesn't, you have to make sure he starts.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2022
@Teettyllayho
I'm no parent, but it seems you have a good boy in your hands. Here's a little advice as a first born, clumsy, scruffy, absent-minded and formerly mischievous child who lost her pencils everyday and her lunchbox on the third day or first week of the term, every term in nursery and majority of primary school.

My mum would initially beat me, but that didn't solve the problem, I was truly absent minded and clumsy, which I still am today despite their efforts. I would just notice that my mom stopped buying me the good, finer stuff. She would buy me the cheap ones for me to continue misplacing unlike my younger sister who would have hers for at least a term or two.(my case is different from your boy)

You are doing your best to teach him well. There's nothing wrong with your approach. He just has long throat for other kids' flashy things which is normal at his age.

Children can be very manipulative. The reason
why that boy brought another lunchbox is most likely because he lost his own. He didn't take it by 'mistake'.

He doesn't realize the importance of keeping his personal belongings safe because he knows you will buy him a new one which is his end goal until he becomes bored of it and 'misplaces' it again.

You don't need to shout on him, no need to beat him either. His punishment is simple. Tell him that he will carry his food in plastic takeaway plate to school for the rest of the term and if he misplaced his plastic plate, you will give him his food in nylon. You tell him with a serious, calm expression, and most importantly, YOU WILL CARRY OUT THE THREAT if he doesn't get his old lunchbox back. Whether he gets it back or not will be revealed.

This is both a punishment and a lesson that he can't misplace things willy billy. He will know that actions have consequences.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by johhbekeboh09: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Please I need advise from people with grown up kids.

Honestly, parenting is not easy. I don't even know what to do anymore.
My first son is 7 but he is kind of slow. However, he's above average in learning and he's learning at his pace. I understand all of this and I'm always happy to guide him.

But I don't know if I'm too hard or too soft on him because I use to talk to him a lot. I only beat him when he does something serious (like going against my rules, or not doing his homework when he should).

These days, whenever I scold him, he would give me a sad look and he might even shout saying: "I've heard you!" Then, he will be alone in a corner for some time.

Sometimes, I'd go close to him and tell him why I had to scold him and he'd say "I don't like it when you shout at me" I'd apologize and hug him (I don't even know if I'm spoiling him by apologizing). .

I don't know how to scold without putting a bit of action at least. Shey I'll be whispering and scolding ni? Sometimes, I'll leave him and pretend as if I didn't see him when he brings up such attitude.

Last week, he mistakenly brought back someone else's lunch box home because they look very much alike. I told him it's okay that it happens and I promised to write his name in bold when he brings back his box the next day to prevent such from happening again.

Could you believe that he came back with the other person's lunch box again? When I asked him, he said he didn't see his lunch box and the boy that took his own. Then I asked: Did you tell your class teacher? Are you sure you know the boy?

His reply: I didn't tell my teacher because I know the boy and I went to his class but he wasn't there.

So, I figured that he must have gone to check once and didn't bother to check again. And he didn't bother to also tell his class teacher.

So, I was very mad this time and told him not to bring someone else's property home again, no matter what!

I think he would have told his teacher if he really valued his property because he told me something that made me really mad the next morning.

"Mummy, or will you buy me another lunch box since we can't find mine?" Luckily for me, he was brushing his teeth then and I was bathing for his sister. The resounding slap I gave him on his back brought back his senses.

I don't know why he always want something new. He spoilt the lunch box I bought for him and his sister o and he's using another one now. That is, he wants me to buy a third one while his sister is still using the first one? How na?

I don't even know what to think. Why would he want a new box when he's barely used the new one?

Then, he's always talking about how his classmates use to bring different kinds of food ( he wasn't like this before o).

I try as much as possible to make different foods for him too, and he's stopped complaining.

We recently changed his school and his new school has quite a lot of pupils. I Don't know if that's affecting him.

Honestly, I'm bothered about the changes and I don't know how best to address it.

I've made him understand countless times that he should always be content with whatever he has and he shouldn't compare himself with anyone.

I just finished with another round of lecture now and he has tears in his eyes saying:

"Mummy, stop shouting at me. It makes me sad"

I was heartbroken and felt guilty seeing him like this and I did everything possible to make him see why I had to shout or scold.

Please how can I scold a child without shouting? Am I spoiling him? Can someone help with tips?
Honestly, I'm tired!

In this scenario I only I see a single parenting (mother) no father figure around him and children in such family set up do rebel against parental authority
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by bigcasava1(m): 10:23am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

My first son is 7 but he is kind of slow. However, he's above average in learning and he's learning at his pace. I understand all of this and I'm always happy to guide him.

But I don't know if I'm too hard or too soft on him because I use to talk to him a lot. I only beat him when he does something serious (like going against my rules, or not doing his homework when he should).

These days, whenever I scold him, he would give me a sad look and he might even shout saying: "I've heard you!" Then, he will be alone in a corner for some time.

Sometimes, I'd go close to him and tell him why I had to scold him and he'd say "I don't like it when you shout at me" I'd apologize and hug him (I don't even know if I'm spoiling him by apologizing). .

I don't know how to scold without putting a bit of action at least. Shey I'll be whispering and scolding ni? Sometimes, I'll leave him and pretend as if I didn't see him when he brings up such attitude.

Last week, he mistakenly brought back someone else's lunch box home because they look very much alike. I told him it's okay that it happens and I promised to write his name in bold when he brings back his box the next day to prevent such from happening again.

Could you believe that he came back with the other person's lunch box again? When I asked him, he said he didn't see his lunch box and the boy that took his own. Then I asked: Did you tell your class teacher? Are you sure you know the boy?

His reply: I didn't tell my teacher because I know the boy and I went to his class but he wasn't there.

So, I figured that he must have gone to check once and didn't bother to check again. And he didn't bother to also tell his class teacher.

So, I was very mad this time and told him not to bring someone else's property home again, no matter what!

I think he would have told his teacher if he really valued his property because he told me something that made me really mad the next morning.

"Mummy, or will you buy me another lunch box since we can't find mine?" Luckily for me, he was brushing his teeth then and I was bathing for his sister. The resounding slap I gave him on his back brought back his senses.

I don't know why he always want something new. He spoilt the lunch box I bought for him and his sister o and he's using another one now. That is, he wants me to buy a third one while his sister is still using the first one? How na?

I don't even know what to think. Why would he want a new box when he's barely used the new one?

Then, he's always talking about how his classmates use to bring different kinds of food ( he wasn't like this before o).

I try as much as possible to make different foods for him too, and he's stopped complaining.

We recently changed his school and his new school has quite a lot of pupils. I Don't know if that's affecting him.

Honestly, I'm bothered about the changes and I don't know how best to address it.

I've made him understand countless times that he should always be content with whatever he has and he shouldn't compare himself with anyone.

I just finished with another round of lecture now and he has tears in his eyes saying:

I was heartbroken and felt guilty seeing him like this and I did everything possible to make him see why I had to shout or scold.

Please how can I scold a child without shouting? Am I spoiling him? Can someone help with tips?
Honestly, I'm tired!

what about the aspect of it, I mean prayers and anointing them b4 going to school. Cos some of the schools this days are on a mission to initiate innocent children you will now manifest ing strange characters. My daughter complain of the school proprietress of feeding her with her own food bcoz my daughter came to school with indomie that indomie is not good for the children now guess what she gave my daughter? Spaghetti! I was mad! I tumble the school! They started begging. From that day b4 my children go out I will anoint them and fire prayers on them. That's my own little advice for you.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by DoctorDans: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2022
True, Naija moms must learn how to discipline or correct children without physical abuse and shouting.
Correct with love and respect for one another.
Positive reactions attract positive response in the long run.

Kobojunkie:
Wrong! undecided

If your shouts are causing him anxieties, he has a right to let you know. You both then need to work on an arrangement that limits the Shouting and gives you both piece of mind. undecided
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by bigcasava1(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2022
bigcasava1:
what about the spiritual aspect of it, I mean prayers and anointing them b4 going to school. Cos some of the schools this days are on a mission to initiate innocent children you will now manifest ing strange characters. My daughter complain of the school proprietress of feeding her with her own food bcoz my daughter came to school with indomie that indomie is not good for the children now guess what she gave my daughter? Spaghetti! I was mad! I tumble the school! They started begging. From that day b4 my children go out I will anoint them and fire prayers on them. That's my own little advice for you.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Thazard(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2022
Karleb:

Are you minding some confused people here.

I'm all for loving and caring for kids but I'm also a firm believer of proper value and respect.

Even oyinbo kids from proper homes dare not say that to their parents, especially the father.
They know them go chop beating!

If I'm angry at my kids, do you expect me to whisper?

Dem scold 7 year pikin, he dey form mood. Con tell the mama say she dey shout for am. E fit follow the papa abi teacher for school yarn that nonsense?

grin
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Slimsaj: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
You need to let him know that every action has repercussions.
If you dont want me to scold you then dont do these.
If you want me to scold you then do these.

Nobody should suggest how to be disciplined. Only left for you to use your eeko to find the best ways to discipline him.

Or is this a case of "your children Will do u 10x what you did to your parents"??

1 Like

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by mmsen: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Nigerians think that anything besides extreme depravity and abuse is 'spoiling' a child.

There are people who genuinely believe that beating a child is right but when those people who were abused as children go on to abuse their power as adults (as most Nigerian leaders do) Nigerians are somehow confused as to why a person would behave in that manner.

This is the last place I would come to for parenting advice. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Originalsly: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

My first son is 7 but he is kind of slow. However, He's above average in learning and he'slearning at his pace.

I understand all of this.

No you don't. At the bolded .... confusion... what should we really understand? From what you wrote... you need to understand it's a child you're dealing with ... a child who cannot think on the level of an adult. Try to see things through the eyes of a child and many situations he will encounter will be his first ... learning experiences. .Most times he will handle it as he sees best... and almost all of the time it will not be good. It is for you the parent to let him know how to handle such situations ... not to be shouting and beating him. In the case of the lunch box ... it was for you to let him understand in such situations... he should report to the teacher.... (at school he should report to the teacher and not wait to get home to report to you). In his mind... he figured he must bring home a lunch box period ... it was for you to let him know what he should do ... not shout on him. On the other hand ... he may be the one that is snatching the other kid's lunch box with the hope that you will buy another. He will do that because of what's been happening in the past ... whenever he wants something new ... the one he was using becomes lost or damaged... and you rush to buy another one.... after talking a whole lot. Your child is likely playing you.... boys usually play their mother. Why is the father not involved? A father is verrry important in keeping a boy child in check. Instead of you shouting and beating.... that should be left for the father whenever he gets home. Your role is to lay down threats .... I'll let your father know you're not listening to me... and when the father gets home ... that threat must be acted upon. If not... as the child gets older... he will make more demands and you will be less able to manage him. You need to be a parent... not a friend to your child. Get the father involved period.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by TheWolfen(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Hmm. Is this true? Male children don't fear their mothers?

Yes it is just natural..
I remember vividly when I was in primary 2 I bought another mate's school bag home when I couldn't find my bag cheesy Just like your son did with his lunch box and guess what. My father taught me a bitter lesson that makes me not to forget the story till today lol.
That was the last day I make such mistake.
Your son father needs to step up and do his job. It will only get worse especially during his teen. That is when boy needs a strong father figure to guild and shape them.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by spotmataz: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Honestly, I'm tired!

Talk to an expert. Search for Wendy's Ologe on Facebook. She handles these issues professionally.

But for all I know shouting at children is not correting them.

Search for 'Wendy Ologe' on fb
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Thazard(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
I'm no parent but, it seems you have a good boy in your hands.

You are doing your best to teach him well. There's nothing wrong with your approach. He just has long throat for other kids' flashy things which is normal at his age.

Children can be very manipulative. The reason why that boy brought another lunchbox is most likely because he lost his own.

He doesn't realize the importance of keeping his personal belongings safe because he knows you will buy him a new one which is his end goal until he becomes bored of it and 'misplaces' it again.

You don't need to shout on him, no need to beat him either. His punishment is simple. Tell him that he will carry his food in plastic plate to school for the rest of the term and if he misplaced his plastic plate, you will give him his food in nylon. You tell him with a serious, calm expression, and most importantly, YOU WILL CARRY OUT THE THREAT if he doesn't get his old lunchbox back. Whether he gets it back or not will be revealed.

This is both a punishment and a lesson that he can't misplace things willy billy. He will know that actions have consequences.

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by joshkke(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2022
Normal kid, great Mum. You are doing absolutely nothing wrong. Sometimes you shout, sometimes you cuddle. Las las, all go balance somehow.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Ogboo001: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2022
Raising of children is never TRAIL AND ERROR stuff and let no one deceive you, it will never be. Let's go back to the basics and the results will always come out great. THE SCRIPTURES hold the answer. The free society we are trying to build in our time, eliminate this, eliminate that, flogging a child has eventually eliminated our possibilities of raising homely children.
Someone rightly mentioned up there of male children submitting more to their father than mother is a little truth with the exception of few talkative men out there now. Shouting and Scolding is a wrong code in raising children.
Raise a standard in your home. Get good Cane commensurate to their age and set a standard in it's use. You MUST let him/her know that what he has done is wrong and take a habit of pointing that out in few more times, say two or three, then use the Cane next when he repeat same and again, it's a MUST he need know why he is being punished. By this, the focus is CORRECTION IN LOVE and it works.
More importantly is the fact, we as parents MUST remember our background and ensure STANDARDS are perfectly set for the family. Here I mean standard that will not make room for our children to base their takes in issues of life in choice and other things on their peers or any other outsider. Let them know what the family stands and believes on. Secondly remembering our background will help us know what will work for our children and what will not work. Here issues of, WAS I HEADY WHEN I WAS IN HIS AGE? WAS MY PARTNER? WHAT CORRECTIVE MEASURES HELPED MY CARE GIVERS, PARENTS TO GET IT RIGHT ON MY CASE, and some related questions. Remember, THE SAME BLOOD RUNS IN THEM.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by oyinmykel: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2022
Karleb:
For your child to say you should stop shouting at him actually shows disrespect.

Correct that!

This is not true. Shouting at children consistently tend to bring down their confidence. And for this one to tell his mom to stop shouting really mean he has the confidence to face his fears. If she continues, he will start withdrawing from her. And this will affect the mother-son relationship.
Madam, you’re not doing badly as a mom. You can strike a deal with the boy on some of your expectations and then promise him not to shout.

In the case of the food flask, you could have given him a note to hand to his teacher. Rather than expect (or have) him tell his teacher about the swap.

Parenting is a course we must learn daily and be dynamic. There’s no singular way to perfect parenting. But the only denominator is wisdom
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Oyiboman69: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Honestly, I'm tired!

reflect on how you were brought up to
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by johnlegend01: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2022
You waited too long to start scolding him IMO, maybe I'm wrong. Now, he feels you can't scold him, you can't allow him grow further like that, it will create problem for you.
For the foreseeable future, scold him without apologizing. However, don't scold him for everything but let your face talk a lot of the time. Thankfully, he's still young and can be re-moulded as you want.
You will be happy you raised a good guy if you don't relent.
I hope his father also supports you, that's important.
In addition, do you play and talk/gist together? If you do, scolding him will not appear like you hate him. You need a good balance.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Veeryeasy(m): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2022
Now is the right time to scold him because when he gets to a certain stage you may not be able
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Pimine: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Aswearugaaad

Ama ask you just one question: where is his father?
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Originalsly: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2022
bigcasava1:

My daughter complain of the school proprietress of feeding her with her own food bcoz my daughter came to school with indomie that indomie is not good for the children now guess what she gave my daughter? Spaghetti!

Just curious... what happened with the food your daughter took? ... did her indomie have chicken and beef? .... and the one she was given none?... vegan?
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by nisah(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2022
I have notice something in my house, my wife scolds on virtually everything the children does and that affects the way they fear her, and i think this is very common with women. Talk to your husband to consider taking a month leave from work so that you can jointly fix the issues.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Bimffo(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2022
If you want the best out of Children, Don't ever beat him for something as stupid like "Daddy buy me a new lunch box"

It is a very very annoying thing to beat him because of a suggestion.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by brain54(m): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2022
Mariangeles your advice is needed here...

If you commented above me i didn't see cos haven't gone through the whole pages. But this is the kinda thread were you make very thorough good and original comments.
Pls comment o.
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Arielle: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
Harddiskng:

Lmao, funny enough i would have done this same. Your son strikes me as a rational thinker. He feels can take care of issue thus involving the teacher would be making him look smaller/less responsible. You have a man in the making.

The lunch boxes look identical, If I don’t come home with the other boy’s lunch box where would I put my food for tomorrow naa. After lunch we can exchange it back grin

Regarding the issue of comparing what he has to that others, you need to listen to him more carefully to understand what the issue is, so you can set him straight.
Good analysis!
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Arielle: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
Sterope:
Her shouting hasn't made things better. She is an adult that can communicate without shouting. It is good upbringing to raise a child that can resolve issues without screaming like a banshee.

Thank you!
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by xtervaganza(m): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
Omo ti wa fun ni blow lenu
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Norse36: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
Wake him up at exactly 2am when sleep is sweetest
Flog him well
He needs to understand that it's wrong telling his mom not to shout at him
That's a bad habit that you need to take away from him , these kids have conversations with their friends in school , they learn many things from such convos which you're not aware of

This is Nigeria not the USA, we handle our kids without being apologetic at all bc deep inside of us we want the best for them

Next time he tells you to stop shouting at him ensure you flog his ear , lock him inside the room with you and don't mercy him until he starts begging for mercy , as much as we love our kids we need to also input a little fear in 'em , very important ...else they'll have no one to look up to or scared of
And after teaching him a lesson , u den see him sitting in a corner crying , don't apologize
You're his mother for goodness sake, flog him out of that corner and tell him to go read his books

He should know that anytime he brings someone else's lunch box home hell receive beating , he should be scared to do anything bad which you'll find out later on .

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? by Solofresh2: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Honestly, I'm tired!

First of,I want to believe you are a woman.Another thing is this, that boy is too young to open his mouth, telling you to stop shouting at him.That is disrespect! How old is he 7 years old and he is saying such?
I think you are a very soft hearted person but please, stop mixing discipline with emotions.You have over pampered that boy when he is younger that is why he is behaving that way.
I do tell people that, the best time to discipline a child is when you noticed he has known his left from right, when he knows where to put food (mouth) when he picks a spoon and when he starts talking (though it won't be clear).I the child does something wrong in this times learn to correct it by using two fingers to beat him/her.Tell them in the language they understood that what they do is not good.
But now the boy is 7 years old and beating and beating him might not change anything if he is the strong headed type.He might just hate you the more.
The best way to deal with this kids requires tactics just like a football game. You need to study them well to know how to deal with them
Well as for your boy, don't buy any water bottle for him again.Let him go look for that water bottle.
Anytime he tells you, you are shouting at him,beat him more then after few hours,call him to your self and let him know what he did wrong.Tell him you won't accept that from him again.

Also,let this kids know their boundaries.Dont discuss any adult issue or person flaws with those kids because they are still very young.The moment you do that, the respect they have for you keeps deteriorating

Educate them.Dont be too strict to them though but deal with them when they are wrong and call them later to let them know they are wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Called Me A Vagabond / Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.