Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26228 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jaso1(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2007
Can Nigeria be compare to Libia in term of development? you see! a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. i solidly support his action. we are so deaf to developmental tactics, what the guy is actually doing is for the betterment of we lagosian which i believe other state should emulate, it is not an issue of sharia as most of us call it. Fashola mean well for Lagos and no amount of your discrimination will deviate his plan to move Lagos forward OK. i want us to see this as effective actiion.
eko oni baje.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by cgift(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2007
there should have been a debate of some sorts (formal or otherwise) and the need for reason made obvious before implementing things like this.For starters this is a gross infringement of fundamental human rights.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by babyvic(f): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2007
For all who said " what happened to freedom of bla, bla" and quoting Laws. Do u know there is a crime called "indecent exposure"? Try and find out please. Nobody is saying u should cover ur head in Taliban  style, or put on a skirt that's sweeping the ground (and i'm sure its never going to get to that extent) but even with ur fitted jeans or trouser pants with the right Tops, no police is going to harrass u. Yet , u look good.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2007
@babyvic

would you prefer criminal dictatorship in governance or indecency among citizens.

Instead of Fashola to be using deterrence in curbing non-criminal actions, he should use incentives instead. He should delegate N2 billion of the funds released for Local Governments to buy 200,000 Mark & Spencer skirt suits for free distribution whether women will not collect dem and wear. Governor go just dey think like snail.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lateefah79: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2007
Really this is obscene,this is pure MADNESS .like what sprezatura said,
a weak looking retarded called guvnor and his mandates.
wot a shame,
wot a humiliation.
why are these so called guvnors are all like these ,i mean they would leave leprosy an d cure ringworm,na wa o.
this our society self,what is it turning into,so they mean that we should wear jackets and boots?pls we need REVOLUTION in this soceity of ours called NIGERIA,there is no DEMOCRACY,if we compare or talk about Europe,then we should Neva compare with nija cos there is no freedom of EXPRESSION n that should be our fundamental human right.
make these our so called guvnor create job opportunities for the graduates an d less previledges in the society.
creating oppoutunities like roads construstion,water and electricity,rather wasting our hard earn taxes.
somebody said that he should get rid of area boys,that is impossible Cos if u knew what assistance they gave to him for campaign,like disturbing the peace of those that reside at surulere bode thomas and causing conflicts and destruction on the streets,i was told this by an eye witness.
my fellow citizens what we need is REVOLUTION.otherwise this madness will not stop.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jaso1(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2007
@denex
You sound to be novice of technical plan for development. how can you expect a governor to purchase wears for citizen when Peri fundamental things are there?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2007
@babyvic

indecent exposure has to do with you as an adult, displaying your genitals in a public place that doesn't allow it, thereby causing people to be alarmed. Indecent exposure also includes masturbating in public and having sex in public.

You people should stop shouting Indecent Exposure without knowing the meaning. If a girl wears a G-string and bra out of her house, that is indecent, but it is not indecent exposure.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by romeo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
so wearing a mini skirt is now an indecent exposure? which means my wife can not wear bikini to swim in the bar beach or lekky? and i am not allowed to wear swimming trunk anymore? because i am sure the sight of my manhood bulging out is going to be branded indecent according to the policy!!

When did we turn to GOD? what is indecent to you might be attractive to me and all this noise about image of Lagos and decency is all crap if you have traveled outside Nigeria. This is a new generation and no matter what you old folks do you can not stop the phenomenon
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
@all

IMPEACH FASHOLA
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by iyeyemi: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2007
Nigerians must be the most docile breed of humans beings the planet over. Somebody is dictating to you what you can wear and cannot wear outside the mandate that he has been given and you are talking about development.

@Babyvic, I just hope that you are not a lawyer cause your indecent exposure take smirks of legal illiteracy.

People are being killed, maimed, robbed blind and all other sorts of insane things, yet you engage the same people who should be doing something about it with the irritatingly stupid task of catching girls in mini and guys in braids. And thats how tyranny starts, before we know it one brainless cretin will tell you what you can wear to 90 year olg grandmother's birthday service.

We deserve the leadershio that we get in this country cause nigerians are generally hypocritical and devoid of any adequate sense of prioritization
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by tglaz(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
only God knows wat our Governor is up to by this sudden act of his.my prayer is that our police men shud not take undue advantage of the gals and sexually abuse them.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dinachi(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
Check out the following.
1, Sodom and Gomorrha was a very prosperous nation but that did not stop God from destroying it because of immorality.
2, Have you ever wondered why democratic nations have the highest number of HIV and AIDS cases?
3, Why do democratic nations have the highest rape cases in the world( A good example is South Africa)
If you think seriously about these issues I raised, you will discover that it is probably because of their nonchalant attitude to matters like this.
On the religious angle, Iam yet to come across any religion that supports skimpy dressing. Be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc . Any support for skimpy dressing is a support for secularism over and against our various religious beliefs.

And then come to think of it how can you say you are fighting HIV but you permit all manners of dressing under the guise of freedom. It is a well known fact that many people especially men are usually aroused by visual stimuli not to talk about the fact that it is obscene to any dicerning mind. If you allow people to dress any how then there should not be any penalty for those men whose power of restraint have collapsed thereby leading them to the ignoble part of being  rapists. The new HIV  advert  advice people to zip up and wait for sex . How is this possible when every day you are innundated with images of skimpily dressed girls. Bros and sis in nairaland lets be fair to our consience. Stand up for morality wherever you are and be counted.Gov. Fashola is on the right part. He continues to have my regard.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 9ja4eva: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2007
If its with good intentions then well supported but if its otherwise no no
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by solu4u(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2007
i like the idea , because the dressing of nowadays is unberarable.

every body must Tun down fashion (TUNDE FASHOLA ) grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by solu4u(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
unbearable smiley
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by tomiade1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
whats wrong with Fashola, he should face serious issues first like the problem with electricity not chasing girls all aroung lagos,

our governors self tongue
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by DrDre1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
solu4u:

i like the idea , because the dressing of nowadays is unberarable.

every body must Tun down fashion (TUNDE FASHOLA ) grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley

LOL, Nigerians. grin
You have already coined out something out of the whole issue with the man's name grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
Let's Impeach Fashola!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by mayordee(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
this is a big shame,i cant believe this can happen in lagos,i cant imagine,i hope say uncle wole soyinka is safe,fashola,abeg take am easy oh,there are better things to do,think the guy is idle,abeg make dem find work for am.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Imani(f): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2007
dinachi:

Check out the following.
1, Sodom and Gomorrha was a very prosperous nation but that did not stop God from destroying it because of immorality.
2, Have you ever wondered why democratic nations have the highest number of HIV and AIDS cases?
3, Why do democratic nations have the highest sex-attack cases in the world( A good example is South Africa)
If you think seriously about these issues I raised, you will discover that it is probably because of their nonchalant attitude to matters like this.
On the religious angle, Iam yet to come across any religion that supports skimpy dressing. Be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc . Any support for skimpy dressing is a support for secularism over and against our various religious beliefs.

And then come to think of it how can you say you are fighting HIV but you permit all manners of dressing under the guise of freedom. It is a well known fact that many people especially men are usually aroused by visual stimuli not to talk about the fact that it is obscene to any dicerning mind. If you allow people to dress any how then there should not be any penalty for those men whose power of restraint have collapsed thereby leading them to the ignoble part of being  rapists. The new HIV  advert  advice people to zip up and wait for sex . How is this possible when every day you are innundated with images of skimpily dressed girls. Bros and sis in nairaland lets be fair to our consience. Stand up for morality wherever you are and be counted.Gov. Fashola is on the right part. He continues to have my regard.       

1. I really don't understand your aguement. What is the connection between democracy and dress code? Are you trying to say that undemocratic countries have fewer HIV/AIDS prevalence?

2. Skimpy dressing is NOT a way of contracting AIDS. It is through various channels such as having unprotected sex, sharing needles, unscreened blood transfusion etc. Skimpy dress code does not in any way give some men the right to attempt to rape a woman. Of course sensible dressing should be  adviced at all times but you cant force people to have a certain dress code.

I understand we live in a conservative society where "morality" is highly valued. But you will be shocked at some of the things the so called "moral police" sometimes get up to. Never judge a book by it's cover.

I was in Lagos recently, and some parts of the state is in terrible shape. Heaps of litter everywhere, the traffic on Ikorodu road and the third mainland bridge is terrible during weekdays. Frequent power outage, which is now worse than last year when i visited etc. Most parts of the state is devoid of basic amenities and infrastructure which is proof that the previous governor didnt do much when he was in power. Governor Fashola could do his bit by start addressing some of these issues that can improve the quality of living in the over congested state called Lagos. He was "elected" to add "value" to the state and not as a "public dress code adviser"
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Prince22(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
Babyvic, u are quite right.

Tell them more?

Every human being like fashon but we don't need to be 'NUDE'
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
who is gonna be nude , nigerians are naturally very conservative dressers so dat laww is very unnecessary.There is more to be done in lag.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Chiori(m): 12:10am On Aug 07, 2007
dinachi:

Check out the following.
3, Why do democratic nations have the highest sex-attack cases in the world( A good example is South Africa)

And then come to think of it how can you say you are fighting HIV but you permit all manners of dressing under the guise of freedom. It is a well known fact that many people especially men are usually aroused by visual stimuli not to talk about the fact that it is obscene to any dicerning mind. If you allow people to dress any how then there should not be any penalty for those men whose power of restraint have collapsed thereby leading them to the ignoble part of being rapists. The new HIV advert advice people to zip up and wait for sex . How is this possible when every day you are innundated with images of skimpily dressed girls. Bros and sis in nairaland lets be fair to our consience. Stand up for morality wherever you are and be counted.Gov. Fashola is on the right part. He continues to have my regard.

Listen, even the Bible makes room for freedom of choice, when God told the Israelis, "I set before you life and death. Choose, " So, in the same way, HIV has to be kept before us all to choose. That someone walks the street nude does not mean I must go sleep with him or her. I could decide not to have anything to do with the person, yet I haven't infringed on his/her right. In fact, there is no suspense again when a woman has bared all to show the world. What does she have that will arouse my curiosity again?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by toba1909(m): 12:21am On Aug 07, 2007
I think Fashola is trying to create an environment of decents and incorruptible minds, for real what you put on is not your faith but your mind. But our ladies should also dress decently to avoid being harassed,wearing half naked clothes doesn't add to your beauty but brings blemish and shame to you.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2007
that law is for those girls they parked in that pict.When they see real xposures from people like young Mrs Okoya cant remb.her name or from lagos big girls, rich men's wifes/daughters lemme see if they wont act blind. bunch of cowards riding on defenceless people.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 1:37am On Aug 07, 2007
This is getting more frustrating. Some of you people talk about this as if all the women in Nigeria walk around buck naked. Enough of the extreme exaggeration, please. Just face it, 'Fish' Ola or whoever is behind this is forcing a round peg into a square hole. Morality is something you can't regulate. I am not a fan of skimpy dresses, heck I believe a woman in a long skirt holds my attention more than the 'Thong Squad', some people don't see it that way and I can't force them to see the world solely from my perspective. If you get knocked down by a car while looking at a 'half dressed/half naked woman'. . . when you sit on the right hand of Lucifer sipping celestial cognac, try pointing an accusing finger to the 'half naked' woman.

He will make a pinata out of your a#s. angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 2:40am On Aug 07, 2007
LMAO grin grin grin

TO THINK MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE POSTED BUNKUM HERE MUST BE GRADUATES shocked grin

when CPs of the last dispensation were being moved from Lagos, which happened like 3ce, was it Tinubu that ordered their movement?

is Fashola now the new Commisioner of Police and Yaradua the new IGP of Police? tongue grin

Fashola cant be disturbed by all ur rantings, the young man has enough on his neck to do than reply ignoramuses associating him with arrests of some ladies alleged to be improperly dressed nude or not . . . . tongue cool

do u guys know how many guys these Police arrest daily anytime anyday anywhere? THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT CITIZENS AND SUSPICIOUS ONES TOO cool

so many just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, some just go around carelessly in groups and the cops swarm on them, now pray tell are u guys saying its been Fashola giving the Police the order to use the arrests to swell their pockets?

NOW LADIES GET ARRESTED AND WE NO GO HEAR WORD AGAIN shocked U BETTER GO AND ASK HOW MANY BOBOS GOT ARRESTED, PRESENTED THEIR ID CARDS AND HAD SUCH DAMAGED, THROWN AWAY OR SEIZED grin grin cool

someone pls confirm; I heard Ribadu was Fashola's mate at the Police Academy, how true? grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 2:48am On Aug 07, 2007
Kitaun, you keep dancing in circles while calling people nincompoops, even when you obviously misrepresented their posts, and at the same same time you sweep the topic aside. Multi tasking?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 3:09am On Aug 07, 2007
@Grafik

do I know u from EVE? undecided

do I multitask ? YES

DID i JUST DO THAT IN MY LAST POST? MAYBE THE JURY IS OUT ON ME tongue

did I use the word Nicompoop on anyone? MAYBE U NEED TO CHECK UR POST AND U WILL AGREE MINE WAS MILDER YET UNRELATED TO UR POST cool

am I sweeping the topic aside? NO embarassed

last I checked the topic read; Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola embarassed

and I have come to convince and not to confuse *in elementary school debate style grin* u that FASHOLA IS NOT THE COMMISIONER OF POLICE FOR LAGOS STATE cool
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 3:14am On Aug 07, 2007
kitaun:

LMAO grin grin grin

TO THINK MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE POSTED BUNKUM HERE MUST BE GRADUATES shocked grin

when CPs of the last dispensation were being moved from Lagos, which happened like 3ce, was it Tinubu that ordered their movement?

is Fashola now the new Commisioner of Police and Yaradua the new IGP of Police? tongue grin

Fashola can't be disturbed by all your rantings, the young man has enough on his neck to do than reply ignoramuses associating him with arrests of some ladies alleged to be improperly dressed nude or not . . . . tongue cool

do u guys know how many guys these Police arrest daily anytime anyday anywhere? THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT CITIZENS AND SUSPICIOUS ONES TOO cool

so many just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, some just go around carelessly in groups and the cops swarm on them, now pray tell are u guys saying its been Fashola giving the Police the order to use the arrests to swell their pockets?

NOW LADIES GET ARRESTED AND WE NO GO HEAR WORD AGAIN shocked You BETTER GO AND ASK HOW MANY BOBOS GOT ARRESTED, PRESENTED THEIR ID CARDS AND HAD SUCH DAMAGED, THROWN AWAY OR SEIZED grin grin cool

someone please confirm; I heard Ribadu was Fashola's mate at the Police Academy, how true? grin grin grin

huh
pls dats not the point,the person that posted this certainly knows where he/she got their information.Moreover weather it is fashola,yaradua,their wives nd kids or their maids or COP,IGP or whoever passed that law abi na order must be insane.

so pls, u that is a correct graduate try nd understand the thread k, d fashola there may stand for any person in power.

since wen did commisioner of police become the sole law maker in a state undecided u can xplain,i'm ignorant of dat

maybe the persons source said it was fashola
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 3:35am On Aug 07, 2007
@zigbo

DID U JUST SAY THE PERSON THAT POSTED THE THREAD KNOWS WHERE HE/SHE GOT THE INFO? shocked shocked

oh! u mean this has all been about some grapevine gist shocked shocked then this must be the jokes section then grin

NYWAYS, for ur info it was splashed all over the dailies, so dont make it look like its priviledged info tongue

see . . . Fashola can never be used to represent any idiot in power cool, get ur facts right, Yardua can never be used in the context of Christian Politics neither can Goodluck be used in the context of Islamic issues as connoting power/authority embarassed

what did u say u are ignorant about again? the CP being the sole lawmaker of a state? did u follow the thread from the start?

does it mean the illegal toll points on Lagos road deliver to Fashola?

someone pls answer; IS FASHOLA THE CP OF LAGOS? OR LETS FASHI THIS THREAD grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by YangaRat: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2007
Proliferating rumours that Ayatollah Fahola is a regular customer in Amsterdam's red light district have yet to be confirmed, but if they are true then perhaps Fashola's "morality crusade" in Lagos is nothing but an attempt by a sex-obsessed overgrown boy to remove all reminders of his European holiday pastime from the streets of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bayelsa Politician, Walton Liverpool, Kisses Wife's Baby Bump (Photo) / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra / Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.