Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) (42362 Views)

Debris Found From F-35 Jet In South Carolina After US Pilot Ejected / New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Mikkeal: 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
TotoGame:

Will rather listen to Generator sound!
Yes you should
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Mikkeal: 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
They did not disappoint me if it's from their tribe they will shout igo amaka up and down but if it's from another tribe jealousy and envy don start

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Ylink4sure: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wow!
This made my day!
Thank you @OP

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Sunsets: 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Smiles throughout
DatoDatuk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBceoKSrLg

A Nigerian-born US pilot, flying a commercial airplane from the US to Nigeria for the first time speaks in English, yoruba and pidgin effortlessly as he addresses his passengers who were amazed and shocked hahaha nice one

Take a listen.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by VEHINTOLAR: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wherever we go,whatever we do and no matter the circumstance,Yoruba as a people we keep our cultural values,especially our highly cherished language very dearly to our hearts ! It's funny though that some people from across the river Niger greatly loathe us for this ! They called us "Yoruba Yoruba"people and most recently,"afonja" just because we choose to be who we are genuinely - Omoluabi ! Omo Yoruba in mi tokan tara and I'm so proud of my Yoruba heritage just like the handsome pilot here.

As expected, the olori pelebes are already angry because the amazing Yoruba Pilot chose to speak his language ! They actually expected him to speak Igbo language so that they could have something to brag with as usual ! If that pilot had introduced himself as an "Emeka" and spoke in Igbo language,this street (thread) would've scattered ! We would have been seeing all sorts of senseless gibberish like - "na only Igbo man fit do am " ! Igbo amaka ! Odogwu ! Now the thread is "useless" because the main character therein isn't from their tribe !

Like someone rightly said earlier on here,you guys should start learning Yoruba language for obvious reasons ! It's becoming a global language. You may ask the Nigerian music artistes for confirmation.

Omo Nna,I tire for una !

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Mikolo70(m): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
Playermayweda:

Lol na bomber or alaye u dey follow talk�� grin grin
I don't do such a thing... It's on my legit Instagram page @oldskool_hits
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lockdown answer...Nice

CSTRR:

Not really.

He just proved the only Nigerian languages he knows are Yoruba and pidgin.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
who ask you?. Jealousy to speak language? ...Check who owns the airline..let me pepper your inner being..East amaka

Mikkeal:
They did not disappoint me if it's from their tribe they will shout igo amaka up and down but if it's from another tribe jealousy and envy don start
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by adefitim(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Best news of the week
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by orlaglobal234: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Beautiful language beautiful tribe absolutely beautiful people. Yoruba to the world may God bless Yoruba tribe world wide

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Seunfretty: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
Stevenson1:

Very nice. I think Yoruba language is easier to learn in Nigeria. Hausa too, maybe.
Me, na only igbo, pidgin and English I Sabi. I want to seriously learn Mandarin and Spanish too.
....nice.....i speak little of Spanish and Portuguese ....mucho gusto mi amiga....espero el trabajo fue bueno hoy
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by gadgethead: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
TotoGame:

still Very much better than minning human skulls

Don't know which is better mining skull or or eating skull with apku

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Transcriber: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Stevenson1:

Very nice. I think Yoruba language is easier to learn in Nigeria. Hausa too, maybe.
Me, na only igbo, pidgin and English I Sabi. I want to seriously learn Mandarin and Spanish too.
Yo hablo español,pidgin, Ingles,Yoruba, Deutsch. Hermano grin
I speak Yoruba, Spanish, German, English wink
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Transcriber: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
McEphiks:

Bros, shift abeg
Abi na
He's talking like Delta accent is inferior or something.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by McEphiks(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Transcriber:
Abi na
He's talking like Delta accent is inferior or something.

I was beginning to wonder sir.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Transcriber: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:

What would I be doing with Yoruba language? I prefer Portuguese in addition to the French and Spanish languages I already know.Lol!
I would even attempt Hausa because Hausa is a lingua franca across the Sahel region of West Africa.
Yoruba doesn't measure up to Hausa at all.
Lol
Hausa is a language spoken mostly by poor people.
Basically anyone in Lagos speaks Yoruba to some extent
Yoruba is spoken from Nigeria to Benin Republic to Togo to Sierra Leone to Liberia to Cuba to Brazil to Panama
Besides most of the speakers of Hausa aren't even Hausa

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Transcriber: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
musical title? Probably because he was a loyal doormat

Which phyno? Are you high?....and how about davido, wande coal, k-switch, yemi alade that all sang in Igbo

Beyerebe banza keep beating your dry ewedu chest
lol
Mention the songs please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by GreatAxeMan: 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
We have heard you ABDULLARD

Abdul05:
It would be better for other tribes to start learning how to speak Yoruba language..... angry
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Transcriber: 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
hmmm you that speak it fluently.
wow shocked
Kemi that was a major violation grin
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Transcriber:
wow shocked Kemi that was a major violation grin
Did I lie? Yoruba lagba all the time.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by placeofallure(f): 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
AntiMen:
Walk away from trouble,stay happy, stay humble,life is short, enjoy it while it lasts,death is closer than you think, Dust we are and unto dust we will return....

Peace...

This response is very apt for TotoGame
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by nedekid: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wow.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by AntiMen: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
placeofallure:

This response is very apt for TotoGame

What's Totogame?
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by afamaustin(m): 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
okerekeikpo:
As if na only him sabi fly plane!!! This thing no be news na
y are u saddened
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by placeofallure(f): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
AntiMen:

What's Totogame?

Follow the thread well. It's a moniker here. Weird really.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by CSTRR: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
Padipadi:
History is your friend.
Yoruba history is available on various platforms.
You yourself, no dey friendly.
You definitely are not a good representative of whatever history you think yorubas have.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by CSTRR: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mikkeal:
If anything, it is your tribe that should be chastised for trying to play language supremacy on nairaland because one pilot somewhere has very limited range of Nigerian languages.

How you manage to blame igbos in this is sad.
Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Aidejay(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
yoruba language is an amazing language shaa.
elite!!!
Wish this amazing pilot great success.

Someone should tell him he can make this into a thing. people would definitely follow him and engage his posts. With the way Yoruba is popular and widely dominant in the entertainment space he would have a very interested audience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) by Padipadi(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
CSTRR:

You definitely are not a good representative of whatever history you think yorubas have.
state one thing that depicted me as not a good representative & I ll tell you how you v been myopic & stereotyped to talk I'll about a whole ethnic group.
He who doesn't value his race can't value others own.
Where's your race CSTRR? What's your purpose?
Don't say I v insulted you o.
I m just curious to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) / Ebonyi International Airport Runway In Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.