Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42581 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by neuf(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The only thing China will do is continue its never ending thirst for money. Money is more important to China than Russia will ever be. Russia is on its own.

it's funny when they mention countries like North Korea and Iran in countries that will help Russia out.
Countries that just like Venezuela will favour sanctions being lifted over anything else

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
blaise26abj:
Desperate leaders do desperate things . Same way sanctions were put on Germany after world war 1 that ultimately led to world war 2 . All these sanctions are unnecessary . The west and NATO should just say Ukraine cannot be a member of NATO . Shikena . How difficult can that be ?
I tire ooh
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by neuf(m): 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
You talk like you don’t know that USA and UK aren’t the same. Well I almost forgot that everybody cannot be equally knowledgeable.

You better go face your bricklaying work you tagged as developer. Developer isonu Olodo.

Your stupidity is alarming. You should take a moment and think how your future generations will disappointed when they see how uninformed and dumb you were on a public forum
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by useni1: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

An individual who happens to be an oligarch. If yachts and homes owned by oligarchs are being seized then a football club is fair game.

The team won’t be affected by the shift in ownership.
To beat this one come dey hungry me now. Don't you have a life in America to live? Day never break you don jump on top Nairaland commenting rubbish. We Russians already gave the west the middle finger. They will soon find out they are sanctioning themselves. Abi nor be capitalism? Capitalism need even poverty stricken somalia to flourish, that's why the US is still there bombing and stealing resources. We are talking about Russia here with a population of almost 150 million consumers. Capitalism will die if they lose Sudan talkmore giant Russia. You go soon learn new thing. Oya go to your $9 hr CNA job

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by tctrills: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
They should go for Putin, just like that? And how exactly? These are the ways they can get Putin to calm down.

The Oligarchs are very close and dear to him. Once they begin to be uncomfortable, Putin will also feel discomfort.
Do you mean Putin would stop the invasion because Chelsea was seized? When you begin to persecute people because of their friend's actions, you are no different from the dictators yourself.

This war would not end because you seized Chelsea, the only way to win is to defeat the Russian army.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bluffly: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your
ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same
westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite
their atrocities committed against mankind right from the
beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has
invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc
yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for
invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental
slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been
lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.
It's like you don't understand yet.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Inishalom(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
yahwehpickin:
Chelsea fans brace yourselves, this is a trying time for us but this will pass soon, as I type men are meeting with the UK government for the sale of the club to go through.

We have many good players on loan, a lot can happen from now till may so there is no need for us to fret.... We will definitely get a very wealthy owner. So this is a blessing in disguise. UK government just shot themselves in the leg.
These are the exact words we need at this time to soothe this moment.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by TempleHouse: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
THE PARTY IS NOW OVER FOR CHELSEA FC

THEY SHOULD JUST QUIETLY DROP DOWN TO WHERE THEY BELONG @Lower League
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

it's funny when they mention countries like North Korea and Iran in countries that will help Russia out.
Countries that just like Venezuela will favour sanctions being lifted over anything else

Have you also noticed that none of them have yet to explain how such countries are even in the position to help Russia out?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Johel(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during

Russia should declare world war!! And fukk all these people up...those pple spoilt the world,sold Africans to eachother,made Africans go against each other,took most of the treasures and used the people badly and still using them till date, what's Russia's offence?...Ukraine bit more than they could chew.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
blaise26abj:
Desperate leaders do desperate things . Same way sanctions were put on Germany after world war 1 that ultimately led to world war 2 . All these sanctions are unnecessary . The west and NATO should just say Ukraine cannot be a member of NATO . Shikena . How difficult can that be ?
You definitely know history. The same sanction that forced Japan to attack us base pearlhabour. France and Germany are tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that Europe does not get into another war. Unfortunately, there leaders, are very myopic
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
tctrills:

Do you mean Putin would stop the invasion because Chelsea was seized? When you begin to persecute people because of their friend's actions, you are no different from the dictators yourself.

This war would not end because you seized Chelsea, the only way to win is to defeat the Russian army.

Do you not think that these sanctions will cut off funding to Russia’s so-called army? How will a financially crippled country sustain a war?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Parachoko: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

How much you get? Mscheww.
$250billion

Mtchewww
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by tarantino1: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
nairaman66:

My brother! Speak about matters that you can fully grasp. This your story is myopic and lack a single truth.

Say what you know and shut me up then
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by freshkpomo(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Johel:

Russia should declare world war!! And fukk all these people up....

You are right man,if those Arab fuckass did not preeq our ancestors in the ass, we won't have Boko Haram, ISWAP and Al Shabab in our beautiful mother Africa. They sold us as slaves, raped our Women and still keep black slaves till date. They kidnap our women as sex slaves and sell off the organs of our men to the Chinese and Indians..Arabs deswrve to die,Russia should wipe out the middle East.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
useni1:
To beat this one come dey hungry me now. Don't you have a life in America to live? Day never break you don jump on top Nairaland commenting rubbish. We Russians already gave the west the middle finger. They will soon find out they are sanctioning themselves. Abi nor be capitalism? Capitalism need even poverty stricken somalia to flourish, that's why the US is still there bombing and stealing resources. We are talking about Russia here with a population of almost 150 million consumers. Capitalism will die if they lose Sudan talkmore giant Russia. You go soon learn new thing. Oya go to your $9 hr CNA job

Oh so you’re a Russian now? A Nigerian masquerading as a Russian? You sound illiterate, bitter, angry, hungry, and impoverished.

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

Must you insult... Well I don't agure with someone I feel his dumb..well if you are not happy about his assets confiscation...
There are legal ways to challenge the British government
Well you can appeal on his behalf
Write a petition to the united nation..
Or take your case to the ICC.
Abi you go ask efcc..
F%lish communist cunt
DUMBOLA! people like you would gladly sell there siblings to british slave traders during slave trade, and call it democracy. That is the height of your foolishness
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by GardenOfGod(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
[s]
ManirBK:

Modified..
[/s] Trash! He's one of Putin's oligarchs. I'm a Chelsea fan but I support the UK government on this.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by internet: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Johel:

Russia should declare world war!! And fukk all these people up...those pple spoilt the world,sold Africans to eachother,made Africans go against each other,took most of the treasures and used the people badly and still using them till date, what's Russia's offence?...Ukraine bit more than they could chew.
Chai e pain na am wella. Anything to bring down this agbero club is carried. UK should tell them to forfeit their points as well. Uefa should ban and kick them out of the champions league. Fa should relegate them to non league asap. #istandwithukgovt.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Zane2point4:

I marvel at how you guys african reason’

Did usa directly attack russia?

Did usa force ukrain to join nato?

Ukrain since 2014 indicated interest to join so whats the big deal isnt it a free world where theres freedom of association?

So blc your neighbors no gree join your village meeting you go him house go kill am?

Na wao make una reason kwanu, abi usa deny u visa?
Bro, go and read the politics of Ukraine and how Yanukovych was over thrown by us sponsored protest. Senator John mccain left his country to come and openely incite the people of ukraine against an elected president and you want me to believe that us is not behind there effort to join nato and subsequently share border with russia, so they can start a war as they always do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bigheart042(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Puttin made the worse mistake..
He will live to regret it
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bigheart042(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kisses to u
GardenOfGod:
[s][/s] Trash! He's one of Putin's oligarchs. I'm a Chelsea fan but I support the UK government on this.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

But you read that on Western media. So when the news is anti-West, it’s no longer fake news?
I didn't mention my source bro.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by greatness77: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

And the West does not? NATO is made up of many countries, Russia consists of 1.
russian nukes are more devastating dan theirs
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Ayed44: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
Abrahamovic is being sanctioned, not because he is a Russian, but because he is an associate of Putin. There are many reasonable Russians doing their legitimate businesses in the UK right now and nobody is sanctioning them.

Lesson: Be careful of the company u keep, because there is always a price for choosing criminals as friends.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Ayed44: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
greatness77:
russian nukes are more devastating dan theirs
Proof?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Russia would be stupid to do that, they need Western investment more than the West needs oligarchs, besides these are temporary seizures, to be returned upon normalisation of relations. Whatever Russia Nationalise from a Western company, they will need to pay compensation for at any point in the future when they return to normal relationship with the International Community, otherwise they will never see a cent of investment again nor be allowed back in the comity of Nations
Commity of US asslickers
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by GardenOfGod(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
Who sold you to whom, and which country are you a slave chatting from?
Johel:

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by babzo(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

Modified..

Lies. Lies. Lies.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s clear that you are clueless on the subjects of oligarchy and foreign policy/strategies.
Stop bandying words you don’t know what they mean simply because you want to sound correct. The sanctions text NEVER said the investments were from stolen wealth like you earlier insinuated. And oligarchy refers to a person of wealth and influence, not a thief. As for foreign policy, it will always be a tit for tat. What the UK did is robbery of private investments and it will boomerang as their cooperate entities have superior investments in Russia.

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by babzo(m): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
Johel:

[b]Made [/b]Africans go against each other?

Are they God or are you people just dummies?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by useni1: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Oh so you’re a Russian now? A Nigerian masquerading as a Russian? You sound illiterate, bitter, angry, hungry, and impoverished.
I can feed you girl. In fact I am feeding three slay queens in ATL presently. They are my baby mamas. ATL girls can beg. Please send me money for my hair, phone, buy me this, buy me that. Yes I am a Russian and presently in China. illiteracy is something I pride myself with, I am the only person who didn't go to school in my family and yet they all call me for info and advice. The most dangerous man is someone who hate school but seek knowledge. While the most foolish man is someone who goes to school and think he is wise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bianca-Ebele Slap Was A Comic Relief - Soludo / Dino Melaye And His Children At Zoo Atlanta (Photos) / Influencer Omojuwa ordered for a T- shirt with Kadaria Ahmed tweet printed on it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.