Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42579 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

What cnn told you. They are actually advancing and making progress towards there goal

And who gave you that intel?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Parachoko:
This is an unnecessary sanction

My opinion

When the sanction is lifted, will Abramovic still want to sell? Cause am interested in buying o sad

How much you get? Mscheww.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by lexikul(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
tamdun:

Only when it suits them, imagine seizing someone's business because the president of his country started a war?
During the civil war assets of individuals were seized and you didnt cry wolf or saw anything wrong in it. Double standards everywhere, In war everything is fair.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
greatness77:
they have systems that can detect an incoming misile,

And the West does not? NATO is made up of many countries, Russia consists of 1.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Sadr: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s clear that you are clueless on the subjects of oligarchy and foreign policy/strategies.

You call this day light robbery foreign policy?
Karma will one day deliver all of you to the West and you would wish you had spoken against it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Sadr:

You call this day light robbery foreign policy?
Karma will one day deliver all of you to the West and you would wish you had spoken against it.

I’m in the West and that day won’t come anytime soon. You’re mad over another man’s assets. What do you stand to gain? You’re madder at the West than you are at Buhari.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Shittaakeem(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Now I'm supporting Russia because of this bullshit.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
ademola721gmai:

The UAE and Saudi have ignored them already
Yeah, they gave sleeping Joe, a middle finger
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
See who is accusing one of being harboring sentiment. Do you even realize the meaning of that world. I seize to engage all these slaves of CNN and BBC

Slaves.. What a funny world.. What an irony that the same Russia you are backing arrested people for protesting.. While in the west protesting is a civil right..
I prefer to be a slave for democracy and fairness..and the rule of law.. ..
Putin a strong man ruling a county were citizens have no right..a country were a few people are ruling.
Better to be a slave for democracy than a brainwash puppet of authoritarian regime and communism

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
You talk like you don’t know that USA and UK aren’t the same. Well I almost forgot that everybody cannot be equally knowledgeable.

You better go face your bricklaying work you tagged as developer. Developer isonu Olodo.

neuf:

because all your problems in this world is the USA.
On a post about UK government sanctions you're still wailing about the US.

For country that was colonised like Nigeria, to rise up, fought for her independence unlike us. Fought the ones that helped them and later tried subdued them and came out the other side as Leader of the Free world.
that's something to be admired and learned but nope, hate can't allow that
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Yeah, they gave sleeping Joe, a middle finger

But you read that on Western media. So when the news is anti-West, it’s no longer fake news?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Camelot65: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
greatness77:
britain and usa are very cruel, if i am putin i will give dem 48hrs to return all his assets or i will nuke dem, west is going too far! Dis is a declaration of war
Nuke them? Is that the only thing they can boast of? angry

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Ibime(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
princeeze1:

How wrong can you be? Where in the sanctions text is it stated that those assets were seized because it was sourced from ill gotten wealth? This is clearly theft, but one that would clearly backfire because the bulk of western investments in Russia is far superior. British petroleum alone is worth over $25b, Boeing and airbus have several hundreds aircraft on lease there about to be nationalized. A lot of American and French companies are either invested in the oil, gas or steel sector.

Russia would be stupid to do that, they need Western investment more than the West needs oligarchs, besides these are temporary seizures, to be returned upon normalisation of relations. Whatever Russia Nationalise from a Western company, they will need to pay compensation for at any point in the future when they return to normal relationship with the International Community, otherwise they will never see a cent of investment again nor be allowed back in the comity of Nations

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by blaise26abj(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
So one cannot be friends with a political leader again ? Even if he is an oligarch , shey they did not know that before he brought his money to invest in UK ��? Unless the government want to subtly prevent him from selling so that he can retain ownership after the conflict . 2 billion dollars out of uk with the uncertainty of new ownership or management which can destroy the club entirely
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by olamike02: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your
ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same
westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite
their atrocities committed against mankind right from the
beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has
invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc
yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for
invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental
slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been
lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.
What have you gained in supporting any of these foreign clubs. What's your stake in the club. Why taken Panadol for another man's problem.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
goodheart01:

Animal, my comment wasn’t in anyway directed at u. I used that analogy because of hypocrites like u who would come to the internet to scream the heavens down as if America is from the devil yet they want to be there. They support Putin but won’t like to visit Eastern Europe. America isn’t a saint, but I will always choose my poison wisely
Dumbola, am talking about there conduct on the international scene. As far as this war goes,they provoked it and they knew it.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Wuppdex: 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
checkoutEnugu:

So it's after the invasion they knew he was affiliated to Putin, meanwhile he's been paying sweet tax for years until now, cut me a slack pls.

You are allowed to do business as long as it is in line with the constitution. If u engage in crime, support it, have any affiliation with it, then you will forfeit your business because you and your business are one and thesame
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m a lawyer not a lecturer. Fortunately, the Internet has a wealth of information waiting for you.
Unfortunately, i can't find your lies anywhere . You also do not need to be a lecturer to tell us what you know about a particular subject
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by favour32(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

You might not know, this fight for Russia, is a fight for survival of there state. Survival of there people and continous existence of Russia. This to them, supercedes any stupid sanctions the very corrupt, hypocritical, self serving western leaders are dishing out
If na ya relatives dem dey kill for Ukraine,you no go talk this one ..you may not know it.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

So if Buhari annoys these superpowers,it's very okay for them to seize all your wealth?
Good question
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Razaneli(m): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your
ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same
westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite
their atrocities committed against mankind right from the
beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has
invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc
yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for
invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental
slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been
lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.

Ok
Let’s agree you are right.....are you now justifying the killing of civilians (women, kids in the hospital etc) by the Russian govt ?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by internet: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
rayvelez:
Misplaced priority leave chelsea alone and go for Putin coward UK Govt.
Anything to bring down the foolish and agbero club is carried.
#Istandwithukgovt.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Kobicove(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
osazsky:
innocent putin friends who give putin billion of profit from thier biz to buy ammunition..i nor know how blacks reason at times..any Russia player playing in d epl should be lyned or given a mob action..best mews in the century

You don't know how black reason yet you're hear instigating violence! undecided
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by IPIGSRHYPO: 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is absolutely pure rubbish. Next time a western country starts a war, all the properties of their citizens should also be seized.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by frog12: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
putin don warn these billionaires long ago to bring money back to russia. they no listen

Cantonese:
No wonder he quickly tried to sell the club. Putin making his allies suffer.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by buckeyemedia: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
There is no justice in the west .it's all a ruse ..
The biggest hypocrites, who was sanctioned when Iraq & Afghanistan were invaded.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by TempleHouse: 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
blaise26abj:
So one cannot be friends with a political leader again ? Even if he is an oligarch , shey they did not know that before he brought his money to invest in UK ��? Unless the government want to subtly prevent him from selling so that he can retain ownership after the conflict . 2 billion dollars out of uk with the uncertainty of new ownership or management which can destroy the club entirely
blaise26abj:
My question for you:
Would you allow a Foreigner in your town to continue when you recently discovered he is an accomplish in a murder or barbaric acts
Show me your friends and I can tell you who you are...

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Perfectbeing(m): 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
edoman2016:
Very unfair sanction. How can UK govt sanction Chelsea fc from selling match day tickets, player transfers sale and club merchandise at Chelsea stores. Did they want to ruin Chelsea fc?

How will the club generate revenue now? UK govt has always been thief.
Now Chelsea won't be able to generate revenue to pay their rent. Not fair... Soon Chelsea will be playing only away matches..
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Broveens42(m): 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
descartes400:
The UK government should force the English FA to transfer Chelsea league points to Manchester United, as part of the Sanctions tongue

Chelsea will lift the ucl and you will cry again
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by internet: 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:
This is absolutely pure rubbish. Next time a western country starts a war, all the properties of their citizens should also be seized.
E pain am well well. #istandwithukgovt

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:
The biggest hypocrites, who was sanctioned when Iraq & Afghanistan were invaded.

Who’s fault is it that other nations failed to place sanctions?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
dadabashua1:
NATO are considering imposing no fly zone over Ukraine... Its getting VERY interesting,where is my pastor Mr righteousness self?
They should hurry up abeg. They probably said this(if true), because zelenskyy recently said, he is dropping his ambition to join nato. They want this war to continue. Unfortunately, blockheads we have here, cannot see this

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics / Why Should Obasanjo Be Envious Of Tinubu? (picture) / 2019 Campaign Poster Of Shettima & Okorocha Surfaces In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.