Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) (63838 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Apologizes For Using Old Photos As Images Of Marte's Battle / Helicopters Of The Nigerian Airforce (Pictures) / Wedding Of Fatima Sa’ad Abubakar, Sultan Of Sokoto's Daughter: 17 Aircrafts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by 3gpvids: 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
To slap person wey type this thing dey hungry me

1 Like

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
[quote author=KennethMichael1 post=110946597][/quote]

Nigerian new acquired latest tank from china we have 60 of this in our infantry guy forget russian

2 Likes

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Rubbiish(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
These are old fighter jets
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
3gpvids:
To slap person wey type this thing dey hungry me
...Lol. Why?
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by int0x80(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
All I see here are archaic and outdated military hardware.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by lexy2014: 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
The Ah-1z supercobra attack gunship, is an American built attack helicopter. Nigeria has paid 800 million dollars for the purchase of 12 airframes and support spares.
Currently, the delivery is being delayed due to human right records. Sources familiar with the matter claims this situation is similar to the purchase of the Super Tucano and would be cleared soon.
If eventually delivered, it would be a game changer for the Nigerian Airforce.

Na everyday we dey hear "it would be a game changer for the Nigerian Airforce". If the yet to be purchased weapons are going to be game changers, what happened to d previous that were also touted to be game changers? Didn't they change the game?

1 Like

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by tctrills: 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Use Google and you will be wowed
If I want to be wowed, I would check US warplanes.
I am not easily wowed. You need to have a fleet of F35s, F22s B2s, and more to wow me.
Not some old or Russian/China model planes
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
The Ukraine war has taught us that these tanks can be destroyed easily.
Jesse25:

Nigerian new acquired latest tank from china we have 60 of this in our infantry guy forget russian
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Igbofam: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
sammuell:

I hear you
Keep blaming them

Who else do we blame?

When the military ruled they added military armament to our military equipment but then after they left and PDP came and stayed for 16yrs ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WAS ADDED FOR A WHOLE 16YRS

So who should I blame when it was after Buhari came that our military again began receiving military equipment and upgrades.

Who then should we blame? Should we blame the one who is now adding and upgrading or the one who failed to add a bullet in 16yrs?
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Decryptor(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
The Nigerian Airforce JF-17 Block 2 4th generation multirole lightweight fighter aircraft is the most modern combat aircraft in the Nigerian Airforce. Nigeria declared interest in the aircraft in the year 2014, with plans to purchase at least 25-40 airframes. Currently, 3 of the aircraft were delivered in the year 2021. It was made by a collaborative effort by Pakistan and China.

GEJ made plans to purchase about 25-40...

The sleeping one stole the mandate and twarted the purchase because he doesn't want it used to kill his foot soldiers.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by michoim(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
About 24 new fighter jets are coming from Italy ordered by PMB at the cost of US$1.2bn. 12 of them are billed to arrive this year, and another 12 next year...
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by marvin906(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Zoharariel:

Which Air Support? You forgot to mention the incompetence of the quota-system pilots flying these gunships.

Go and check the inventory of the Algerian and Egyptian Air Force and see what serious Countries operate in their Air Force.

May God help all of you to prevent any serious war, external aggression & invasion against Nigeria; the woes of Ukraine will be a child’s play in comparison to what will roast & incinerate all of you.

You’re not even ashamed of yourself.

Mentioning Augusta AW-109 that farmers are using for aerial application of pesticides & fertilizer on their farmlands in Europe.

Will you shut up never compare our military with Egypt, I prefer Nigerian military to Egypt..
Talk about algeria I will accept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
OP why did you post Arotile's picture? You just spoilt my mood. That girl's death is so painful. embarassed

I don't take Nigeria military serious, I still see them as boy's scout compared to other world powers in warfare.......We have a long way to go in Nigeria.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by tctrills: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
lexy2014:

Na everyday we dey hear "it would be a game changer for the Nigerian Airforce". If the yet to be purchased weapons are going to be game changers, what happened to d previous that were also touted to be game changers? Didn't they change the game?
Don't mind Stormtrooper11. That's how these politicians get us to waste money.
Boko haram without a single aircraft changed the game for us.
The corruption is the millitary is the main problem we have not aircrafts.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by marvin906(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
obedience4:

Calm down bro. The Egypt military are the second highest recipient of military aid from the Americans after Israel... Most of the hard ware dey have are gotten from military aid...
Egypt and Nigeria have different sercurity challenges.
I don't know why the UK our colonial Masters don't give us military aid..

He's a fool.
Let those aids be cut off Egypt military is finished

1 Like

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by tctrills: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Bahamas95:
OP why did you post Arotile's picture? You just spoilt my mood. That girl's death is so painful. embarassed
Let's first solve the hunger problem then we can talk about new aircrafts

I don't take Nigeria military serious, I still see them as boy's scout compared to other world powers in warfare.......We have a long way to go in Nigeria.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Decryptor(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Those children "toys" are capable of performing wonders shocked tongue

We have seen the wonders they are performing in the fight against bandits kidnappers and terrorists whom have refused to be vanquished undecided
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Horus(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by dontrulee: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
All these toy planes.
I laugh in Nigerian.
Na God dey protect us.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
Zoharariel:

Which Air Support? You forgot to mention the incompetence of the quota-system pilots flying these gunships.

Go and check the inventory of the Algerian and Egyptian Air Force and see what serious Countries operate in their Air Force.

May God help all of you to prevent any serious war, external aggression & invasion against Nigeria; the woes of Ukraine will be a child’s play in comparison to what will roast & incinerate all of you.

Mentioning Augusta AW-109 that farmers are using for aerial application of pesticides & fertilizer on their farmlands in Europe.

"You should be ashamed of yourself as a Nigerian, if you spent as much time checking the inventory of other countries Air force fighter jets on checking the inventory of Nigerian Air force you probably won't know your country could have those uploaded by the op...

You compare yourself with countries whose citizens sense of reasoning is far beyond your reach, why compare when people like you reason from your anus and you expect Nigeria to be super developed". Village People Spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by dapadawee: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
The Nigerian Airforce just like any other Airforce around the world is tasked with protection of the territorial integrity of it's nation airspace. The Nigerian Airforce is the most sophisticated Airforce in the entire West African sub-region having participated in countless wars, missions and campaigns.
It's equipped with fighter aircrafts, Helicopter gunships, Attack aircrafts and other aircraft types.

Note: This list would include some retired airframes
Please tell us how many fighter jets Nigeria has and how many is functioning. If we have up to 4 functioning fighters jet then Benin republic are in trouble for releasing igboho without malami approval.
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by dontrulee: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
michoim:
About 24 new fighter jets are coming from Italy ordered by PMB at the cost of US$1.2bn. 12 of them are billed to arrive this year, and another 12 next year...

Mtcheww, in the end, they'll all become obsolete
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by oostin: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
A lot of people commenting on this thread don't seem to understand the concept of combat/war.

Nigeria does not need as many aircrafts as Algeria or Egypt for example because none of Nigeria's neighbours poses a credible aerial threat to the country. We are actually on good terms with pretty much all our neighbours.

Algeria on the other hand has a very tense relationship with Morocco because of the territory called Western Sahara while Egypt borders a very volatile Middle East.

Most of Nigeria's threats comes from insurgents, terrorists, bandits, kidnappers e.t.c. who have no intentions of fighting a conventional war with the Nigerian military.

It therefore makes perfect sense that most of the aircrafts Nigeria is buying at the moment are aircrafts with ground attack capabilities which is what we really need.

You don't buy aircrafts to put them on display, you but aircrafts because you need them. I am sure when the need arises for some fancy MiG 29 Fulcrum we will get some of them.

6 Likes

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by marvin906(m): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
Antoeni:
Rubbish, Nigeria dey Forbid Something like This?

If not foolishness you would see we have one of those helicopters in your picture

2 Likes

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by kingyakos: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
That's the retired MIG-25PU two sitter trainer
Interceptor and reconnaissance aircraft of Libya. manufactured by mikoyan-gurevich. Russia.
U not ashamed to display those outdated aircraft used in 2nd.ww and Vietnam war as what your country has.

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
Zoharariel:

I knew it that we will surely have at least one douchebag on this thread grin grin so you are the one

3 Likes

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Cognitivereason: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Our fleet is made up of mostly 1st and 2nd generation aircrafts. The only few here that are close to 3rd generations are the JF-17 and the Tucano. Next time, our govt should save money to buy the Russian made Sukhoi SU-25, SU-27 and other variants of it that we probably would be able to afford. Russian planes are miles cheaper than the ones from the west.

Stop advertising ur ignorance..
Jf 17 and super tucano are 4th gen aircraft..
There are no 1st gen aircraft in the air force...they are all retired...
Alpha jet and the F -7 are 3rd gen

3 Likes

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by marvin906(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
KillJoy62:
All these air piece that a Surface to air missile either Stinger or Strella 2j , or Grail 7 go use play. Moreover the previous thread op was only asking if we had Gunships that means more like of Apache attack helicopters, Viper, kumanche, and so on. But you ended up showing us this disgrace, simply say we only one old model attack helicopter and move on.

Ignorance just bath you..

1 Like

Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Cognitivereason: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
dapadawee:

Please tell us how many fighter jets Nigeria has and how many is functioning. If we have up to 4 functioning fighters jet then Benin republic are in trouble for releasing igboho without malami approval.
At least 29 function fighter planes..

12 super tucano
15 alpha jets
3 jf 17
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by AMBURSAA(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
MAY ALLAH BLESS NIGERIA AND PROTECT OUR ARMs FORCES ..> ~ LET MAKE NIGERIA WORK AGAIN
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by Gee64: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
Cry my beloved country!

We seemed to have lost our glory. What we are highly noted for now is criminality!
Re: Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
I laugh cheesy cheesy

Compare this children toys you posted here to Egypt or Morocco fighter jets you will be shocked

They are more advanced than we are, is that news?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? / Lagos Green And Eco-Friendly Housing Estate Unveiled (Photos) / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.