Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (94137 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by 1sherlockHolmes: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
its,still better than nigeria everybody who wants,to japa dont be discouraged by this preposterous post.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by lookingfly: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.
are you in Nigeria or abroad? Where would someone farm, in the bushes right......you want to be killed or kidnapped abi. Do you what's like to transport finished product from the bushes to the town, this one wey to get fuel or diesel na hot cake? Where is the light to process the agricultural products? Who will buy when cost of production is exorbitant? You think to get money to farm is easy abi, you never apply for federal government loans tire be that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by QuinModah(f): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
RoyalBlu:
*Living within your means helps a great deal in WHEREVER you find yourself.

True but most Nigerians don't know that abroad you pay bills like kilode

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Homextras: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Rubbish post. If you aren’t earning over a million with guarantee in Nigeria on a monthly basis, and then you have the opportunity to travel abroad with correct papers and degree/certification and you don’t take it, then village people are after you.
Before you quote me, understand I am speaking from experience - I live outside Nigeria.

There are countless opportunities abroad if you have the right degree/certification and right papers than it exists in Nigeria. I am not even going to talk about living conditions and security. I won’t join the bandwagon of people discouraging my fellow Nigerians from moving abroad if the opportunity presents itself-please get out while you can.

Your born and unborn children will resent you and be sad if they ever discover you had the opportunity to leave and then stayed. I felt the same way towards my parents growing up.

Just this morning I was getting angry with myself when I found out about a certification that pays far more than I earn and they do little job.

A friend of mine bought a house for $540k on mortgage around September 2021, and today the house has appreciated by over $250k, that’s like over a 100 million naira in profit within 6 months when you convert- and plenty naija people are doing the same thing and cashing out big time silently.

The choice is yours at end of the day.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by lookingfly: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Rickmann:

The problem with people is that they all want to go and jam-pack themselves in the US and Uk that are currently the worlds biggest problem, when there are better countries to go, work and live an ok life.
example of other countries?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
uuzba:

You will just be working as a slave.
Earn money, carry all and pay debts
Earn again, pay debts again!!
over and over and over till you are old.

Most of our people here dont understand this reality.
Especially the bold.
How the credit system locks you in for life.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Czarina21(f): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.

Pinky and the Brain feel free to start a movement advocating your cause.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MrBroke(m): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

How do you want us to fix the country when we still have old and corrupt people lobbying for leadership positions?

First of, are you yourself in Nigeria presently?

You yourself You are also corrupt, no politician is responsible for your problem, in every country they are corrupt leaders yet people do okay there and some don't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ultimateprof: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Japa no easy oh! When I saw stranded Nigerians in Singapore, i pitied their relations at home. The funny part of it was that many of when they were here in Nigeria, they were doing well only to later miscalculate and became a destitute in another man's land. Most of them are ever ready to swindle the incoming travellers.

Landlord travel and see no be for mouth oh!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by spydera: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
If you like wail, if you like hang yourself...
To leave this country still remains the number priority on alot of people's mind including my very own self.
We all know its not easy anywhere in the world but it's better to hustle, school or endure hardship abroad than in this country called Nigeria.
The US and England no be the only country wey dey developed...
We have other countries that one can japa to acquire finance, knowledge, resources and even love... This then can now give you an easy access should you choose to enter US or and England.
If you are proud of your father's land, keep the pride to yourself and children...
Don't discourage or distract our japa Comrades.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by seyz91(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
You said it all
Limassol:
What is the point of this post? distract? discourage? You talked about rising inflation, but that seems to be a global trend, and not neccessarily unique to the US/west. Nigeria's is 15 percent while it's roughly half that in most western countries. Besides, inflation normally batter the poor most, and a in a country like Nigeria with nonexistent safety net it is even worst. Also, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that would-be emigres have diverse reasons for leaving, for some it is the security and safety western countries offer, while for others a good health care system and stability are major factors.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.
And you are still believing the Bible?
How can people be writing about events they never orchestrated years ago even before their existence?
The worst is the cock & Bull story of Adam & Eve sold to my Brothers in Africa & they swallowed everything.
They now defend the Bible more than their community Constitutions & traditions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by GCSolutions(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
I don't know the state you reside but here in Denver Colorado it's $3.70 per gallon. Stop discouraging people from traveling. Will you compare the artificial temporary hardship we face here to what people are facing back home? Let people make their choices and leave the rest to God. Even if gas hits $10 per gallon here, they can work and still survive and save for rainy days.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by bizzibodi(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Rilwayne001:

You’re looking at the income, you’re not looking at the expenses. Typical of a Nigerian grin grin
You can cut the expenses.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by maasoap(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
DropsMic:

My bro - a surgeon - wey move to UK just last two years don buy him own house for Kinsley... He drives a hybrid behind and his daughter attends the best school.. No dey deceive yourself.. As long as you have a skill and you are hardworking you gon make it in obodo oyibo.

And you think this thread is about the top of list profession?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:

Women! If not for Konji and How biologically weak man is, we wouldn't have had anything to do with them. This minute they r kind, next they become full blown devil's. I just want to believe they r good ones out there, cause pathetic!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Except you live in Nigeria and work for an American firm, converting dollar to Naira doesn't really give any useful financial information cause the person earning in dollars spends in dollars while the person earning in Naira spends in Naira. What matters is the basket worth of the money. For example, someone living in a city can hardly survive on that 31k per annum. Someone who earns 500k in Nigeria will have more money than someone earning the dollar equivalent of that in the US. I think the upside for those living abroad is the basic amenities they enjoy as well as the stability.

How much is minimum wage in Nigeria ?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by socialmediaman: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
maasoap:

Lol. Like they're not going to spend, right? The question is, can that 31k sustain the earner comfortably without having to share bills with other people? You can only convert whatever that's left for you to naira, you have to live first

You’re right it can’t be converted just like that, but the difference is, they don’t pray for light to iron their clothes in the morning, they have washing machines they can throw their clothes in and wash anytime they like, no need to wait for light or use noisy generators. They have the basic things of life, cleaner job will feed you and house you if you don’t spend above your level. Can you say the same for Nigeria?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MrBroke(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
DropsMic:

My bro - a surgeon - wey move to UK just last two years don buy him own house for Kinsley... He drives a hybrid behind and his daughter attends the best school.. No dey deceive yourself.. As long as you have a skill and you are hardworking you gon make it in obodo oyibo.

So in nigeria if you are hardworking and have a skill you won't make it abi??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Bizman2022: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Stop discouraging people from leaving Nigeria while you are over there enjoying the infrastructures.

Why not come back stay in Nigeria and see hell for yourself, especially you that have enjoy good live abroad, when you come stay to follow us to suffer, you will now know the difference between light and darkness.

How can you be comparing light and darkness and trying to convince people that the two are the same thing that the only difference is that in one you can see clearly with your own eyes which the other one you see clearly with your inner eyes.

Please if you have the opportunity to leave this country, do so as soon as possible and don’t mind the baggers.

8 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by clockwisereport: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Skyview01:
Fuel price last week for Shell in Ikorodu. Buhari don destroy this kwantry whalayi!

What's the difference all those products?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by desiredhome: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

How do you want us to fix the country when we still have old and corrupt people lobbying for leadership positions?

LoL....like leaders like flowers....... corruption is in majority Nigerians irrespective of your age .

Nigerians like ready made, no one want to be patient to build.....there are some states with younger leaders/governor yet there's no difference.........

Build your country with positive mindset and see your country grow.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ChristineC: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
send this post to trash bin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
RoyalBlu:
*Living within your means helps a great deal in WHEREVER you find yourself.
U just nailed it.
I worked in Nigeria for 10years in the Federal Civil Service & there was nothing to show for it.
Rather I was robbed serially by Armed Robbers.

Not up to 2 years I got into the US, I bought over someone's 4 bedroom flat as well as other landed properties.

In Fact, I resolved to be buying at least 5 plots of land each year. Despite this, I still have savings.
I pay people's school fees.
I do charity.

Most people ABROAD buy what they don't need.
What do I need iPhone 13 for when my 8 is efficient?

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by manikspears: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
maasoap:

Lol. Like they're not going to spend, right? The question is, can that 31k sustain the earner comfortably without having to share bills with other people? You can only convert whatever that's left for you to naira, you have to live first

31k is minimum wage ,how much is minimum wage in Nigeria? After doing that now compare both parties with your own response.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by desiredhome: 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

LoL....like leaders like flowers....... corruption is in majority of Nigerians irrespective of your age .
Nigerians like ready made, no one want to be patient to build.....there are some states with younger leaders/governor yet there's no difference.........
Build your country with positive mindset and see your country grow.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by CoronaVirusPro: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
QuinModah:
True but most Nigerians don't know that abroad you pay bills like kilode

Don’t let them deceive you with that mentality.

If you bring a highly sought skill to the table, you can never fall in that class of people who talk about bills.

Check people who talk about bills and ask them what they do for a living. You will see a picture from there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Funflipper: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.

Well those that are homeless in the US only have themselves to blame.

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by socialmediaman: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrBroke:

So in nigeria if you are hardworking and have a skill you won't make it abi??

Do they pray for light to iron clothes there? Do they queue in line to get petrol? Do they use noisy generators to use fans or ac? Do they struggle with uncontrollable and very noisy traffic? Do they have a system that people can kill and maim without any investigation, or where you have to finance the investigation? The difference is clear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by FreeStuffsNG: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Opeyemic01:
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.

You will learn las las wink It is better here in Nigeria. If you are outcompeted here,you will be outcompeted there too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by frankson1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please

They will quote to argue and abuse you.

Majority of the persons here don't know how life is over there. They think it's as easy as drinking a glass of water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Funflipper: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Don’t let them deceive you with that mentality.

If you bring a highly sought skill to the table, you can never fall in that class of people who talk about bills.

Check people who talk about bills and ask them what they do for a living. You will see a picture from there.

walmart and taco bell workers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) / Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.