Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (94134 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by izibili44: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Opeyemic01:
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.
na talk you dey talk. Na only two bed they there. My guys if you have the opportunity to japa japa. I japa with just 100 dollar as my PTA. Today I thank God for dat

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Mykelslim: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Till I get there.

You all should stay with Tinubu and MC Oluomo till they japa too grin

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Be calming down abeg. cheesy
ok kwin. I haf calm down. grin

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by blackmantis: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

Please give examples of these better countries

.....like Ukraine
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
i get your points . Re skill and rebuild .many chaps in their early 40 and mid career I making the move which is more risky ?
some get jobs before going some have to hustle first. Live within your current income shikena. The british pm rides the train regularly and uses his bicycle. But one so called ex lekki big boy cant do same. What nonsense
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by TheSameGuy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
If u, msfaith and your likes are not ready to sacrifice and fix the country, then get ready to see the posterity wallows in more severe and abject poverty.

If those developed countries yesteryears People were as selfish as you are, you won't dream of going there now.

Why are you not traveling to Somalia?

Think about it, japa is Never an option. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SALVAGE THE CURRENT SITUATION OF YOUR COUNTRY
yommen:

Don't mind him. He wants me to fix my country as if he has done anything to fix it. What country self? Is there actually a country ni?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Munamoqel: 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
ednut1:
some get jobs before going some have to hustle first. Live within your current income shikena. The british pm rides the train regularly and uses his bicycle. But one so called ex lekki big boy cant do same. What nonsense
End of discussion.

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by bilulu(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.
before you compare the population of homeless people first compare the overall population. Yea NYC has more homeless people but also has more population compared to Lagos
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by wiseoneking: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
blasterman:

The other cities dont have as many jobs

aLso the more you earn the more taxes. and then taxes for amenties or regular expenses

So imagine you are getting Paid $50000, govt will hold back 22% of that as your taxes 11,000. so ur actual pay was 39K. and the higher u go the more your taxes. Remember you do have Tax returns every year. You don't loose all your taxes to the govt.

Tax rate Single
10% $0 to $9,950 $0 to $19,900
12% $9,951 to $40,525 $19,901 to $81,050
22% $40,526 to $86,375 $81,051 to $172,750
24% $86,376 to $164,925 $172,751 to $329,850
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Bbbw: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
It is not easy anywhere but it is better anywhere else than nigeria
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
desiredhome:

LoL....like leaders like flowers....... corruption is in majority of Nigerians irrespective of your age .
Nigerians like ready made, no one want to be patient to build.....there are some states with younger leaders/governor yet there's no difference.........
Build your country with positive mindset and see your country grow.....

MrBroke:

You yourself You are also corrupt, no politician is responsible for your problem, in every country they are corrupt leaders yet people do okay there and some don't.

DeepSight:

There is nothing we are going through which Europe has not experienced ten times worse. If everyone had the run away mentality, there would be no great countries in the world.

obyrich:
Who are the old and corrupt people lobbying? Who are the people promoting these old and corrupt people all over social media and other forums? We the youth are responsible for the decay currently ongoing in Nigeria.

As you are staying back now, what have you built? Even as you have the stay back and repair mentality what have you successfully repaired? The people that want to japa, don't you think they've also thought to stay and work out but realised it's a mission impossible for them before they took the best decision which is to leave?

Abeg, y'all and your families can stay to repair the country, as for me, we are leaving. Enough of struggling with no fruitfulness. We didn't come to this world to suffer suffer till we grow and die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ibechris(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Homextras:
Rubbish post. If you aren’t earning over a million with guarantee in Nigeria on a monthly basis, and then you have the opportunity to travel abroad with correct papers and degree/certification and you don’t take it, then village people are after you.
Before you quote me, understand I am speaking from experience - I live outside Nigeria.

There are countless opportunities abroad if you have the right degree/certification and right papers than it exists in Nigeria. I am not even going to talk about living conditions and security. I won’t join the bandwagon of people discouraging my fellow Nigerians from moving abroad if the opportunity presents itself-please get out while you can.

Your born and unborn children will resent you and be sad if they ever discover you had the opportunity to leave and then stayed. I felt the same way towards my parents growing up.

Just this morning I was getting angry with myself when I found out about a certification that pays far more than I earn and they do little job.

A friend of mine bought a house for $540k on mortgage around September 2021, and today the house has appreciated by over $250k, that’s like over a 100 million naira in profit within 6 months when you convert- and plenty naija people are doing the same thing and cashing out big time silently.

The choice is yours at end of the day.

Nigeria is still very good for those who are ambitious and see the opportunities the Chinese are seeing in Nigeria.
My brother in law makes 30million naira monthly in the same Nigeria most of u have condemned beyond repair.
As for me,I have made $5,600 in Nigeria since January to date and that is #3.2million in the same shithole that every Chinese are struggling to come into.

For me as an igbo man,no place like Nigeria. Take it or leave it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by seguno2: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:
How do you want us to fix the country when we still have old and corrupt people lobbying for leadership positions?

First of, are you yourself in Nigeria presently?

The old and corrupt people are free to lobby for leadership positions, just as you are free to do more to lobby against them in favour of young saints.
Why are you not doing that
Is anyone stopping you? Who is this? Or who are they?

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Hassanmaye(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.
That's why we keep shouting that gender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Kuruptnigga: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Opeyemic01:
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.
The sayings goes “see is believing”? Lets go and see by ourselves before we can conclude. If things are hard in that country, while are nigerians still living there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by feek07: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please
Oga, if the place is not okay for you why not come back home and stop discouraging others , are people in the US afraid of being kidnaped, are the people there not enjoying regular power supply , is the Academic union there always on strike ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
seguno2:

The old and corrupt people are free to lobby for leadership positions, just as you are free to do more to lobby against them in favour of young saints.
Why are you not doing that
Is anyone stopping you? Who is this? Or who are they?

People that want to go, let them go, you, stay back with your family and repair Nigeria. Inugo?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Hassanmaye(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nonexisting:
So we pay for snake gender people to get therapy after divorce? I didn't know that.
Why do you keep shouting snake gender women have shown pepper
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

Abeg, y'all and your families can stay to repair the country, as for me, we are leaving. Enough of struggling with no fruitfulness. We didn't come to this world to suffer suffer till we grow and die

But other people's ancestors came to this world to suffer and die with blood and sweat so that you could simply wake up, abandon your own struggle, and go and benefit from what they have toiled, suffered, bled and died for right? Short-cut awoof mentality, Kwantinu.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by cescky(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.

grin grin

Oll boy you baaad oo, God for create them from our brains... Nice one

On a serious note.. Women are more alien than human.. God forbid
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
feek07:
Oga, if the place is not okay for you why not come back home and stop discouraging others , are people in the US afraid of being kidnaped, are the people there not enjoying regular power supply , is the Academic union there always on strike ?

I dey tell you. And all these nigerian problems didn't just start today. It's been going on even before most of us were born, yet it keeps deterioating, only getting worse. Abeg, if you want to leave, leave. No allow anyone discourage you. Life is easy in better countries.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
feek07:
are people in the US afraid of being kidnaped,

No, they are afraid of getting shot carelessly.
Wahala dey everywhere, dont be deceived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by HitRun(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
wiseoneking:
You guys here lies unnecessary about Living in abroad esp in the US. Having lived here for years I can tell you that what you hear are mostly lies and overblown . I only advise anybody that makes between above 1.5million monthly in Nigeria to stay back and enjoy, but if you earn less than that, you will not regret been in the US as one starting over life or newbie without even papers. what I want to explain here is not the plight of established Nigerians with doc or that are already green card or citizens but the plight of B1B2 visa holders, info undocumented Nigerians, not having legal right to work but are struggling and are working hard.
There are rents between 500 to $800 every month. You can pay your other bills like electricity, water, gas all around less than 150. There are plenty ways to negotiate your bills and pay your gas even in winter now when everything is high. So you can be paying btw 700 to $1000 dollars for both rent and all your bills. Depending on the job you are doing as a new settlers with tourist visa and without any SSN to work, you can still make btw 2.5 to $6k (2.5to 4million monthly an you can comfortably save up to 50% monthly)every month even in average American state. This is the worst scenario for new Nigerian immigrants without papers. But the truth is that many of them may not pay up to $1000 monthly because they could be three in a three bedroom apartment and pay average of just 400 monthly, saving a huge. Many of us passed through this before we get where we are. I mean 80% of Nigerian will tell you this as far as they didn't come with green card, which means starting in a hard way till you get your papers. Once you get your papers and documents, you are free to asses many areas for your careers and start earning big . Nigerian here are not poor but above average. Rent of $2500 or whatever is a choice and rent does not strictly about the quality of a house in all cases but about the location. Eg you could have a great Duplex in epe that costs you 1 million monthly but thesame in VGC could be 10 million. Yes, places like los Angeles, San Francisco could be costly in tent but they do have a higher pay than other cities in Alabama, Mississippi etc where where salary is low and houses are cheap. That just it here too. I hate people discouraging others from Japa from Nigeria. Finally, life is hard in every parts of the world but some places are far far better than others

Haba bros. Why are you exaggerating? What kind of job will you be doing as an undocumented migrant and earn that much? 2k saving per month for an undocumented migrant? In fact stop using the word “undocumented”; it is actually “illegal” migrant. If you overstay your visa, a lot of doors will be slam shut in your face. How can you make that much money in a month?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by seguno2: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:
People that want to go, let them go, you, stay back with your family and repair Nigeria. Inugo?

I did not say anything about people going or not going anywhere.
I answered the issue raised in the comment that I quoted.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Sunsets: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
better to be stranded in heaven than occupy a palace in hell.
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Don't be caught unaware.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Indispensable85(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nonsense
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by MsFaith: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

But other people's ancestors came to this world to suffer and die with blood and sweat so that you could simply wake up, abandon your own struggle, and go and benefit from what they have toiled, suffered, bled and died for right? Short-cut awoof mentality, Kwantinu.

Okay, since you want to be an ancestor that suffered to make Nigeria better, something your own ancestor couldn't do successfully, please carry on. You unborn generation will praise you for staying put.

Bye!

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ariesbull: 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Opeyemic01:
you never see folks living in tents, hostels and trailer for years

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
MsFaith:

Okay, since you want to be an ancestor that suffered to make Nigeria better, something your own ancestor couldn't do successfully, please carry on. You unborn generation will praise you for staying put.

Its an inter-generational marathon you are too shallow and fickle to ever understand.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by kazyhm(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Those work outside the country, how many was created by Government?
Over 50% of available job in the US is SME,why should that not be replicated here in Nigeria?

Don't we have favourable business environment more than the US? Do we pay taxes like them?

You all youths need to rethink and build our economy.
Those finished products imported into Nigeria where we have its raw materials available here should be harness.
Government can never and will never create all jobs, that's the responsibility of you and I. What is only compulsory on government is the creation of favourable environment which they've done.

It's now left to us to build our economy.

Japa is NEVER an option, it's not Greener over there as proclaim

Have you try to start any business in Nigeria before ?
Stop telling those with sad experiences starting or running business in Nigeria to start one with your inexperience.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Ifakiland(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:

Don't be caught unaware.

Your papa come to Nigeria and buy it, its still less than a dollar per liter. Werey I no sabi who ask you for advice.....you dey dare dey say e no easy...oya come Nigeria back wey easy na
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
ariesbull:
you never see folks living in tents, hostels and trailer for years

Leave them. . . . they dont know jack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist / Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.