Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (94308 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by LesbianBoy(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
See that woman mouth like "money I fought for in my divorce". Can you imagine? angry

Tomorrow dem go dey shout equality. Shebi men and women are given equal opportunities in their country? So why does she still need the man's divorce money?

And all your fools that are shouting that you want the national assembly to give women so many seats there, this is what you want to reduce that country to. Once women are allowed there, stupid laws will be put in place to hurt the male gender

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DropsMic(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrBroke:

So in nigeria if you are hardworking and have a skill you won't make it abi??

Yeah.. Keep telling yourself that thats all one needs to make it in Nigeria..
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by sunkoye: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
But wait oh...how is our own different?

Na God ohhhhh.. grin

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by WoundedLamb: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

How much is minimum wage in Nigeria ?

You tell me. I don't really know. And I'm not saying Nigerians are better off. I only said for conversation sake that the angle from which you approached the subject is faulty. And I gave my reasons for that. Tell me the minimum wage, let's express the expenses as a percentage of that and we might just end up realizing both spend the same portion of thier earnings each year.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by premierlead: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
[quote author=HRprof post=110969859]

Are you into HR bro?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by miketayo(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and earn big from them instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.

This is a big lie, one man came and said this crap and you all believed. What is the population of NY, lagos has 2ce as much people. Less than 100k people are homeless in NY can you say the same for lagos?

4 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by oloshun(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Did you just say per litre? You don't live in the US. That's the fact.

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by AngelicBeing: 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
grin
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Deltatoto: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
princdebola201:
herdmens+insurgency killings in 6 months in Nigeria is not up to casaulties gun violence in america within 2 months.

Is this not the america you re bragging about
Check the screenshot
jesus!!!America is not for me though.Canada or I stay in my village
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by bizzibodi(m): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
uuzba:

Let them catch you first na.
It is legalise there,U can obtain a license like Mike Tyson.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by uchdavinci: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Oga things will be figured out when I Japa

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by frankson1(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
socialmediaman:

Do they pray for light to iron clothes there? Do they queue in line to get petrol? Do they use noisy generators to use fans or ac? Do they struggle with uncontrollable and very noisy traffic? Do they have a system that people can kill and maim without any investigation, or where you have to finance the investigation? The difference is clear

However you want to see it. Just know that if not for the bad leadership here, Nigeria would have been great.
In Nigeria, you rent an apartment and can park as many cars as the compound can accommodate, you use a bucket of water to wash boxers, you can flush the toilet after spitting inside it, if only we learn to turn off electric appliances we don't use, we will save energy.

Even with what you listed, life is still not as easy as you're made to believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Bizman2022: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrBroke:

In Nigeria, a hard working man if not for God intervention will be swimming in poverty.

For instance, a graduate with good grade ( good course like engineering, accounting etc) comes out from NYSC and spend like 5 to 7 years looking for the job, at the end he might get a job of 50k per month, how long will it take him to leave like human being in this type of situation.

Let me tell you something, as a graduate with legal document in the western world, you don’t problem getting a job.

Bro, Nigeria and most African countries are totally not a place to be.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Here is another take on the matter. true it is not easy anywhere but if you manage to leave this GREAT country of ours and find yourself in the US and you decide to be a CANNABIS EDUCATOR, this will be your case. If you are in Nigeria and decide not to leave your comfort zone, always sitting on your ass, not improving yourself, not reading a book, and all your hopes are pinned on "God will provide" then this will be your case.
when hard-working Nigerians find themselves outside the shores of this country, their hard work still shines through, those who got their jobs through nepotism in Nigeria can't stand the heat when there is no one to fix them into a position.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by lecturer22: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
I live in Europe bro. The average cost of studio apartment where I live is 500 Euro, 2 or 3 bedroom about 1000 to 1500 Euros and a Nigerian living here with work permit during unskilled jobs makes average of 800 - 1500 Euros depending on job. What Nigerians do is to rent a 3 bedroom of like 1000 and stay 2 in a room. ALthough it's not comfortable but you'll be left with at least 500-700 Euros each month after all expenses - depends on how much you actually make and how extravagant you are. Nowhere in Nigeria gives you such opportunity to save money from unskilled salary. You only make money from stealing from your clients or employers. That is the only way Nigerian employees are able to make a little saving, because salary is barely enough for rent and other expenses.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by kolomax(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Himtulie247:
Petrol 550 CFA per Liter ! Mind you in Togo , Black market liter is cheaper than Filling station liter , Because of the cheap oil ( Oil Subsidy ) smuggled out of Nigeria ! Nairalanders in Togo can confirmed this to you grin grin grin
600+CFA in Burkina Faso

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by farouk2much(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Wlh. If i get the chance to japa i will not hesitate
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Funflipper: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrBroke:

That is true. Over 70% of hardworking Nigerians with skill but no connections won't make it because Nigeria is such a horrible society where mediocrity is celebrated over talent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Opeyemic01: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You will learn las las wink It is better here in Nigeria. If you are outcompeted here,you will be outcompeted there too.

You may be right, but my take is with 9ja spirit and enabling environment provided by these advanced countries, one can succeed there faster than here. Nigerians are not lazy, but the nigeria condition makes it hard to succeed faster, infact your chance of success here is 50/50, while there is 70/30, I don't have data though, just an assumption

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by pocohantas(f): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Very irritating thread. Nobody be small pikin. Don't come and be telling us what we already know. Of course we know y'all don't pluck money on trees. Asia, Europe or wherever you must work your ass off. This is like those people who after 2 weeks in marriage they begin to yap 'marriage no easy oo' and try to form marital expert. Abeg rest!

Be calming down abeg. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Munamoqel: 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
ednut1:
they chose to go overseas right. If they have the adequate jobs to pay for it fine. Some need like 3 years to reskill and rebuild , they should live within their means not living above. If you had a big duplex in nigeria u can sell it, use it to pay a large part of the downpayment. Nor be person wey dey rent house for lekki go abroad and wanna live lekki life before things set. Its madness
i get your points . Re skill and rebuild .many chaps in their early 40 and mid career I making the move which is more risky ?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ubox: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Golan007:

He has bought his house he would be paying for for the next 25 years.

Tell people that part too.
They always leave out that detail

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by temptnow: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please

Come back if you're tired let others try their luck too. All these bad belle preaching won't stop Nigerians from moving. Nonsense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by seyz91(m): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
cheesy
HRprof:
Nigerians will travel to America or western world, leave their 3 bed apartment to live in combo apartment, the size of closet. the kind of house they will not stay in Nigeria. The reason is that the cost of this combo apartment per month is your one year 1 bed apartment rent in Nigeria inside life . Meanwhile, they will take pictures in front of skyscrapers building and post on social media
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by ibechris(m): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

Don't mind them, minimum wage is 31k per year na cleaner and messenger work be that o.....oya convert am to naira how many graduates dey make that kind money per year for naija? Even if you consider the purchasing power.

E be like say na the convertion be your problem.
The rent,the water and gas bill as well as the electricity bill will make u go into hiding honestly.

Abroad no dey easy. Urgent 2k no dey there oh.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by seyz91(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
cheesy
Nonexisting:
So we pay for snake gender people to get therapy after divorce? I didn't know that.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by WoundedLamb: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
DropsMic:

My bro - a surgeon - wey move to UK just last two years don buy him own house for Kinsley... He drives a hybrid car and his daughter attends the best school.. No dey deceive yourself.. As long as you have a skill and you are hardworking you gon make it in obodo oyibo.

Nice... but it's important to also let people know he'd likely be paying for that house for the next 25 to 30 years or even more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by knowhowk: 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Winters23:

no one is stopping you from travelling but don't misinform yourself and others.

When you talk about security and safty it is worst in the USA and London, or are you trying to say you've never heard of gun violence and stabbing spree over there?

Face Front Oga...No way you can compare US with Naija ..Let rent be 1 Billion dollars ..US na Still Baba

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by wiseoneking: 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.
Yo

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please
You guys here lies unnecessary about Living in abroad esp in the US. Having lived here for years I can tell you that what you hear are mostly lies and overblown . I only advise anybody that makes between above 1.5million monthly in Nigeria to stay back and enjoy, but if you earn less than that, you will not regret been in the US as one starting over life or newbie without even papers. what I want to explain here is not the plight of established Nigerians with doc or that are already green card or citizens but the plight of B1B2 visa holders, info undocumented Nigerians, not having legal right to work but are struggling and are working hard.
There are rents between 500 to $800 every month. You can pay your other bills like electricity, water, gas all around less than 150. There are plenty ways to negotiate your bills and pay your gas even in winter now when everything is high. So you can be paying btw 700 to $1000 dollars for both rent and all your bills. Depending on the job you are doing as a new settlers with tourist visa and without any SSN to work, you can still make btw 2.5 to $6k (2.5to 4million monthly an you can comfortably save up to 50% monthly)every month even in average American state. This is the worst scenario for new Nigerian immigrants without papers. But the truth is that many of them may not pay up to $1000 monthly because they could be three in a three bedroom apartment and pay average of just 400 monthly, saving a huge. Many of us passed through this before we get where we are. I mean 80% of Nigerian will tell you this as far as they didn't come with green card, which means starting in a hard way till you get your papers. Once you get your papers and documents, you are free to asses many areas for your careers and start earning big . Nigerian here are not poor but above average. Rent of $2500 or whatever is a choice and rent does not strictly about the quality of a house in all cases but about the location. Eg you could have a great Duplex in epe that costs you 1 million monthly but thesame in VGC could be 10 million. Yes, places like los Angeles, San Francisco could be costly but they do have a higher pay than other cities of Alabama, Mississippi etc where where salary is low and houses are cheap. That just it here too. I hate people discouraging others from Japa from Nigeria. Finally, life is hard in every parts of the world but some places are far far better than others

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by blasterman(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Brexxit:
Rents varies from place to place in the USA

California,New York are high brow expensive areas,there are other American cities with cheaper cost of rent anyone japaing from Nigeria can stay.

As for gas prices I believe they will find a way out of it.

The other cities dont have as many jobs

aLso the more you earn the more taxes. and then taxes for amenties or regular expenses

So imagine you are getting Paid $50000, govt will hold back 22% of that as your taxes 11,000. so ur actual pay was 39K. and the higher u go the more your taxes.

Tax rate Single
10% $0 to $9,950 $0 to $19,900
12% $9,951 to $40,525 $19,901 to $81,050
22% $40,526 to $86,375 $81,051 to $172,750
24% $86,376 to $164,925 $172,751 to $329,850

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by tarantino1: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
princdebola201:
herdmens+insurgency killings in 6 months in Nigeria is not up to casaulties gun violence in america within 2 months.

Is this not the america you re bragging about
Check the screenshot

Almost 4000 gun suicides in the US in just two months!! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.