Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,399 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES (2051 Views)

My Classmates Yoruba Wife Is So Fine / There Are Only CLASSMATES, There Are No LIFEMATES. / My Mum, Neighbours And Classmates Shamed Me For Being Busty - Busty Lady Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
In January 2019, Omotola Jalade shared on her IG that she was grateful that at 40, her last child is already in the University. Remember, she has four kids and she married quite early.

Funke Akindele (Jenifa) congratulated her on the post. Funke is 41, and just had her first babies in December of that same year.

Now, if you try to compare these two women, you'd fail at it because they are both accomplished. Will you say Funke is unfortunate for just having her first babies at 41 while Omotola's last child is already in the University?

My point here?
Stop comparing yourself with others! Your life journey isn't the same with anyone, irrespective of societal expectations.

Not everyone will get married in their twenties, not every couple will have a baby nine months into marriage, not everyone will become a millionaire in their thirties. Some people will get their dream jobs at 40, it doesn't mean they've failed. Some will become CEOs at 55.

Please, learn to focus on your life. I know it's a difficult thing to do in this era of social media where everyone seems to be doing well in life except you. Don't compare your life journey with others, not even your classmates or siblings.

There are only CLASSMATES, there are no LIFEMATES. You're your only mate in life.

Whenever you're tempted to compare yourself with others (which makes you to feel pressured and sad), come back to this post and digest every word...
Good afternoon fam❣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Successfulben: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Wow...first to comment. This is really impactful. I have an extra year right now in the university. My mates have gone for youth service. I fought it hard with tears but constantly reminded myself that am not a failure and should stop the comparison. I am really intelligent but one thing led to the other which led to me having an extra year. Well am using this ASUU strike to learn some digital skills(graphics and video editing). Thanks for the writeup and God bless.

7 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
smiley
Successfulben:
Wow...first to comment. This is really impactful. I have an extra year right now in the university. My mates have gone for youth service. I fought it hard with tears but constantly reminded myself that am not a failure and should stop the comparison. I am really intelligent but one thing led to the other which led to me having an extra year. Well am using this ASUU strike to learn some digital skills(graphics and video editing). Thanks for the writeup and God bless.
wink
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Abfinest007(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Boosted

1 Like

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Rubyjade: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lovely write up

3 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
wink
Rubyjade:
Lovely write up
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by micxwell(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
QuinModah:
wink
Nice write up.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Polynek(m): 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by GingerbreadMen(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
QuinModah:

In January 2019, Omotola Jalade shared on her IG that she was grateful that at 40, her last child is already in the University. Remember, she has four kids and she married quite early.

Funke Akindele (Jenifa) congratulated her on the post. Funke is 41, and just had her first babies in December of that same year.

Now, if you try to compare these two women, you'd fail at it because they are both accomplished. Will you say Funke is unfortunate for just having her first babies at 41 while Omotola's last child is already in the University?

My point here?
Stop comparing yourself with others! Your life journey isn't the same with anyone, irrespective of societal expectations.

Not everyone will get married in their twenties, not every couple will have a baby nine months into marriage, not everyone will become a millionaire in their thirties. Some people will get their dream jobs at 40, it doesn't mean they've failed. Some will become CEOs at 55.

Please, learn to focus on your life. I know it's a difficult thing to do in this era of social media where everyone seems to be doing well in life except you. Don't compare your life journey with others, not even your classmates or siblings.

There are only CLASSMATES, there are no LIFEMATES. You're your only mate in life.

Whenever you're tempted to compare yourself with others (which makes you to feel pressured and sad), come back to this post and digest every word...
Good afternoon fam❣
Great post!!

1 Like

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2022
wink
GingerbreadMen:

Great post!!
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Saviourk: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Nice piece

2 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Medianna(f): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2022
Nice post

2 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Ocholu: 10:07am On Mar 24, 2022
Rightly put. Y'all shouldn't forget your part in working hard/smart and giving thanks to Whom thanks is to be given.

I'm always grateful to God. Always.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
grin
Ocholu:
Rightly put. Y'all shouldn't forget your part in working hard/smart and giving thanks to Whom thanks is to be given.

I'm always grateful to God. Always.
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Compliments of the season
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 7:43am On Mar 22, 2023
smiley
Polynek:
Nice one
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
Happy Weekend
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by dkidd: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2023
QuinModah:
Happy Weekend
How are u and how's life in the service 🙂

1 Like

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by FitCorper: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Successfulben:
My gee no reason all those things. I spent a total of 9years for a 4 year course. But today I am better off financially than any of my coursemate I know of that graduated before me, in fact the 3 of us who spent those 9years in school are doing very very fine, 2 are now married remaining me grin. So remain steadfast and prayerful, from experience people who spend extra years in school tend to be better prepared psychologically to handle the real life challenges. Be happy always.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2023
dkidd:

How are u and how's life in the service 🙂
Life is Bulaba, service is emilokan. How are you?
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by dkidd: 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2023
QuinModah:
Life is Bulaba, service is emilokan. How are you?
Lol.. very funny. I'm good just bored cos I'm trying to stay sober for as long as I can so I can see things clearly

2 Likes

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by ItisWell22(f): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
This is so beautiful, and timely. 🥹

Thanks. 🙏

1 Like

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 8:33am On Feb 15
wink
ItisWell22:
This is so beautiful, and timely. 🥹

Thanks. 🙏
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Rubyjade: 5:32am On Feb 21
Medianna:
Nice post
Are you still in Abuja?
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Seunpapa65: 5:50am On Feb 21
My own is for 3 yrs I keep losing admission even my g who we follow run the thing dey 300l not that I no dey get the admission but due to one thing or the other I will abandon it at the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 8:58am On Mar 05
Why?
Seunpapa65:
My own is for 3 yrs I keep losing admission even my g who we follow run the thing dey 300l not that I no dey get the admission but due to one thing or the other I will abandon it at the end
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Seunpapa65: 10:08am On Mar 05
QuinModah:
Why?
So many untold stories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 6:11am On Mar 06
You can share you stories, you never know who you might motivate or help with the story
Seunpapa65:

So many untold stories
Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by Seunpapa65: 12:47pm On Mar 06
QuinModah:
You can share you stories, you never know who you might motivate or help with the story
Hmm some scares are better to be left like that

1 Like

Re: There Are Only CLASSMATES, No LIFEMATES by QuinModah(f): 1:46pm On Mar 17
wink
Seunpapa65:

Hmm some scares are better to be left like that

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Confused Brother. / Guys! Don't Loose Guard / My First Sex: Me And Amaka Pt.2 (life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.