Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos (83834 Views)

Stolen Toyota Camry In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Please Help, My Camry Has Refused To Start. / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by bobkezel(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:
when we talk,Pessimists should sway. grin
You are on point. You guessed right.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Izychi: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.

https://www.nairaland.com/7024670/stolen-vehicle-please-toyota-camry#110935363

Please why can't Toyota hybrid be stolen (easily)? Pls I'd like to be educated...
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by underpinna: 11:22am On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

What's unique with hybrid cars
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by EJEHSON(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:
please sir, I'll like to know what's special about that car that it can't be stolen? I'll like to go for same. Thanks.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2022
Cartrackerguy:

Lol, it actually can if you can find it. I won't lie, we've recovered a few vehicles and bikes with the help of the tracking device, and some bikes were lost, cos the tracker was removed. With the tracker, you have a higher chance of recovering your car. It's better than nothing.

I see. So it seems to me that the strength of the tracker is in security-by-obsucurity, it is secure because it is hidden and hard to find or because it is on. I agree that having a tracker is better than none but I feel those that market it kind of market it as a silver bullet that is the ultimate answer to stolen vehicle. For me I think it is on of many options to be deployed in mitigating the risk of one's vehicle being stolen. I asked because I know (and have used) some techniques in quickly identify and isolating GPS trackers and was wondering if car trackers operate by some different mewns
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by macsika: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Please can you educate me on what a hybrid car means, I'm not very knowledgeable about cars.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Gwintech: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2022
hurryup123:
Hybride cars are bad market now.
The thief must be a desperate mofu

What’ do you mean by hybrid
Please explain
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2022
macsika:

Please can you educate me on what a hybrid car means, I'm not very knowledgeable about cars.

https://www.nairaland.com/5248652/hybrid-discussion-thread

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Gwintech: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2022
Please explain

GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Izychi:

Please why can't Toyota hybrid be stolen (easily)? Pls I'd like to be educated...

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by LordErrk: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:

I dey suspect you grin
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Gwintech:

Please explain

Read
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Cartrackerguy: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I see. So it seems to me that the strength of the tracker is in security-by-obsucurity, it is secure because it is hidden and hard to find or because it is on. I agree that having a tracker is better than none but I feel those that market it kind of market it as a silver bullet that is the ultimate answer to stolen vehicle. For me I think it is on of many options to be deployed in mitigating the risk of one's vehicle being stolen. I asked because I know (and have used) some techniques in quickly identify and isolating GPS trackers and was wondering if car trackers operate by some different mewns

Trackers can also be connected to softwares which logs info on vehicle movement history, trips and stops and a lot more.. these features can also help you know where your vehicle has been incase the tracking unit was disconnected. IMO these tracking services are essentially for emergency purpose, if you can't find your vehicle,you immediately track it, you don't let it sit with the thief to figure out how to look for it & disable it. There are a lot of scenarios, but so far so good in Nigeria , they are 89.3% reliable if done properly.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
cardoctor:

Im sure the fool thought all Camry are the same

I am sure he was commissioned to steal a Camry, sadly and thankfully he picked the wrong one grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Cartrackerguy:

Trackers can also be connected to softwares which logs info on vehicle movement history, trips and stops and a lot more.. these features can also help you know where your vehicle has been incase the tracking unit was disconnected. IMO these tracking services are essentially for emergency purpose, if you can't find your vehicle,you immediately track it, you don't let it sit with the thief to figure out how to look for it & disable it. There are a lot of scenarios, but so far so good in Nigeria , they are 89.3% reliable if done properly.

The bolded is what I do as side hustle grin In-vehicle Monitoring Systems too.

I believe your statistic as you are in the field.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by CaptainFM1: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Never knew they also steal Toyota camry, thought its only corolla they hunt for... lucky nigga, one bottle for all nairaland

If they steal human being, what cannot be stolen?
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Cartrackerguy: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The bolded is what I do as side hustle grin In-vehicle Monitoring Systems too.

I believe your statistic as you are in the field.

Yeah we have a software that does the same. Maybe we should link up, I'll send you a dm. Ok
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by ismodiwa(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ma Sha Allah
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by monnex: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God in heaven. I am happy for you brother
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by DavidEsq(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
nokspos:
hybrid cars are very low in fuel consumption , anything hybrid means using two technology , or two different animal to make a birth of another animal , for example; an hybrid dog can be a breed of lion and real dog , so this dog will be special because it has a trait of lion and dog , it will also have a better look and performance because the dog is likely to inherit many characteristics from both the dog and lion parent.

in the case of hybrid car, its like tesla battery car but that uses fuel engine as well. imagine using tesla car that you won't have to recharge , all you just need to do is fuel the car, the engine in the car will charge the battery then immediately the battery is fully charged , it will switch to full time battery and the car will make no sound till the battery is low again then the engine will start working and this makes every hybrid car to have a very low power consumption.

The problem with hybrid car is maintenance, most road side mechanics in nigeria don't know how to fix the engine if it has any problem , inshot , you might have to condemn the car if you have major problem because your life will be frustrated trust me .
Thanks so much for this. Pls what's the english word for "slow" in that speedometer that is on the extreme left of the dashboard, that has the letters RPM?
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
Cartrackerguy:

Yeah we have a software that does the same. Maybe we should link up, I'll send you a dm. Ok

Hit me on Telegram. @airsay
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by MenelikZayan23(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

ABEG abeg make una carry the useless MANCHI of a THIEF and JAZZ in my UNIT or AMA

I SWEAR DOWN

Na to BLAST BLAST em left leg wit my old KALA then use my new KALA BLAST BLAST em right leg...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

E Sha ma calm down... KALA MAN, ARMOURER,EYAN PUTIN
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Deltayankeeboi: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
hurryup123:
Hybride cars are bad market now.
The thief must be a desperate mofu
Why are hybrid cars considered as bad market relating to theft. Just curious
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by 2kurupt(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:
We don dey suspect you grin

In fact one needs to start buying things that are a turn off
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Miller4mee: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
Am still on the lookout for my LEXUS RX300 ASH COLOR WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER LND 828ER. ENGINE NUMBER :IMZ4345453. It was snatched at gun point at onne area of port Harcourt. All the necessary report has been made.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Jumek(m): 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
My brother! your God dey alive.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by walosky(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Bro pls elaborate… why can’t Hybrid cars be stolen? Just being curious
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
walosky:

Bro pls elaborate… why can’t Hybrid cars be stolen? Just being curious

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by writeprof(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:

You GUESSED right grin
Can you educate some of us on this hybrid car thing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / How Man Drives His Ferrari Out Of His House Everyday (Hilarious Video, Photos) / Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.