Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos (83790 Views)

Stolen Toyota Camry In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Please Help, My Camry Has Refused To Start. / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Privatepart00: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2022
FashionCookie:
Please been following comments to see if anyone could explain what a hybrid car is conveniently.
How can one sport an hybrid car, is i possible by just looking(without looking deep)?

Is always written on the vehicle front of drivers side and the booth area.
Is expensive to maintain as Nigeria mechanics can’t fix it when issues arise . Battery is very costly to buy .
Seen a wine red Lexus 350h(hybrid) wasting in the mechanic since 2018 . The car has transmission issue and it was priced at #1.5M that year , you can guess how much it will be in 2022 . Then ask yourself if is worth buying?
Also a hybrid highlander owned by a lecturer that thought me Engr 301 that year . He rarely drives it though

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by realG101(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2022
[quote author=Gokoyer1401 post=110990308]I am not an expert but in simple terms, a hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more distinct types of power. They have special batteries (more expensive than normal batteries). Hybrid cars can use this battery for sometime while driving but when the power of the battery dissipates, the car will automatically switch to the fuel( e.g petrol). The battery will be charged again after the trip ends. So, hybrid carsl have extremely good fuel efficiency and they are generally more expensive than normal cars

To answer your second question, some of the hybrid cars will have 'hybrid' written at the back of the cars e.g, Toyota Prius. One way or the other, there will be some inscription or logo on the body of the car indicating that this is an hybrid car.

There are very few mechanics that can handle hybrid cars in Nigeria right now.
I will like to add also that I think the car switches between petrol and battery depending on the amount of engine power demanded by the driver.

I noticed when you drive the car on a level road or sloppy area the engine sound goes off and you can still accelerate but the moment you try to climb a hilly road or you kick down the accelerator the engine sound will come back (meaning you are back on petrol)
To answer your second question, some of the hybrid cars will have 'hybrid' written at the back of the cars e.g, Toyota Prius. One way or the other, there will be some inscription or logo on the body of the car indicating that this is an hybrid car.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by realG101(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]
Gokoyer1401:
I am not an expert but in simple terms, a hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more distinct types of power. They have special batteries (more expensive than normal batteries). Hybrid cars can use this battery for sometime while driving but when the power of the battery dissipates, the car will automatically switch to the fuel( e.g petrol). The battery will be charged again after the trip ends. So, hybrid carsl have extremely good fuel efficiency and they are generally more expensive than normal cars

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by ihimiray(m): 10:02am On Mar 13, 2022
nijanigga:

Hmm and you're still calm like this ?
bro don't know wat to do.. Abeg do u have any idea of wat to do
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Babatunhey: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2022
All is well.
AmALeo:
https://www.nairaland.com/7024670/stolen-vehicle-please-toyota-camry

Hello Nairalanders.
I have found my stolen car, alongside the thief. The guy was caught around General Paint (Just after Ajah and Abraham Adesanya) where I believe he had intended to sell it off to those that butcher cars.
I really want to thank and appreciate everyone and this forum for helping me put out word and for the kind gesture I've received from a lot of you.

God bless you all abundantly.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Babatunhey: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2022
congratulations sir.
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.
I have found my stolen car, alongside the thief. The guy was caught around General Paint (Just after Ajah and Abraham Adesanya) where I believe he had intended to sell it off to those that butcher cars.
I really want to thank and appreciate everyone and this forum for helping me put out word and for the kind gesture I've received from a lot of you.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Ojukwu007(m): 10:04am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

Wow. Thank God!!!
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by realG101(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2022
I will like to add also that I think the car switches between petrol and battery depending on the amount of engine power demanded by the driver.

I noticed when you drive the car on a level road or sloppy area the engine sound goes off and you can still accelerate but the moment you try to climb a hilly road or you kick down the accelerator the engine sound will come back (meaning you are back on petrol)
Gokoyer1401:
I am not an expert but in simple terms, a hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more distinct types of power. They have special batteries (more expensive than normal batteries). Hybrid cars can use this battery for sometime while driving but when the power of the battery dissipates, the car will automatically switch to the fuel( e.g petrol). The battery will be charged again after the trip ends. So, hybrid carsl have extremely good fuel efficiency and they are generally more expensive than normal cars

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Orpe7(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2022
Why don't they steal hybrid cars
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God for that , so happy for you.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by OdefaGirl(f): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God.... people said it here
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Emychina(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

ABEG abeg make una carry the useless MANCHI of a THIEF and JAZZ in my UNIT or AMA

I SWEAR DOWN

Na to BLAST BLAST em left leg wit my old KALA then use my new KALA BLAST BLAST em right leg...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
No amount of deliverance fit comot wetin dey inside ur brain because na original inbuilt.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Jheypeel:

You be real idiot
Why the pastor no produce the car when e first loss
Religious bigot

Everybody for this life get wetin he or she believe on,no need to insult.

You get wetin you believe on and nobody insult you.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by OdefaGirl(f): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Never knew they also steal Toyota camry, thought its only corolla they hunt for... lucky nigga, one bottle for all nairaland

One bottle how..... E no go reach abeg
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by DeRay98(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

This testimony is not complete without telling us how your car was found, the methodology can help someone else trace of find his or hers too some other time
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Birminghamvirgo(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God it was found on time... That's Area J. ELEMORO Command in Ibeju-lekki I guess?
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Tinu4real(f): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2022
Guy, congrats. Transfer the risk of your car to an insurance company.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by mrfm1: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2022
Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.[/color]

[/quote]

Can you pls explain why hybrid cars can't be stolen. I dont understand sir.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by phemmyfour: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2022
opera1:
Wow! Congratulations. This shows that you actually bought the car with your sweat.
Happy for you
So those that theirs weren't recovered didn't buy their cars with their sweat
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Kylce042(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

Thank God for you bro
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Adolf10: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2022
post=110936824]Idiot doesn't probably know what he stole. Car will be rejected and parked somewhere angrily. Color is a turn off too. Pls let's know if recovered. I'm guessing between today to Sunday
This Niggar is a wizard
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Mrkumareze(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2022
OdefaGirl:

One bottle how..... E no go reach abeg

No be everybody wey come wedding dey chop rice.. some ll go empty shocked
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Elderniercri(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2022
hurryup123:
Hybride cars are bad market now.
The thief must be a desperate mofu
Just a quick question please pardon my ignorance

Why is it a “bad market” to steal an hybrid?

Is it better protected?

I dy reason to buy car so na y I dy ask boss
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2022
Privatepart00:

Is expensive to maintain as Nigeria mechanics can’t fix it when issues arise . Battery is very costly to buy .
Seen a wine red Lexus 350h(hybrid) wasting in the mechanic since 2018 . The car has transmission issue and it was priced at #1.5M that year , you can guess how much it will be in 2022 . Then ask yourself if is worth buying?
Na wa o...can be frustrating.
Just looking at the parked vehicle, you'll feel like setting fire to it. grin
Also a hybrid highlander owned by a lecturer that thought me Engr 301 that year . He rarely drives it though
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2022
Privatepart00:

Na wa o...can be frustrating.
Just looking at the parked vehicle, you'll feel like setting fire to it. grin
Na wa...can be very frustrating.
Looking at the vehicle parked wasting away alone, you'll have the urge to set fire on it. grin
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2022
okoroemeka:
I think a hybrid car will contain two power source an engine and electric motor,the engine will charge the batteries and the electric motor will take over at some point,it will be a complicated tech
Explaining it sounds easy. But I know it won't be as easy as read.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2022
Kirkman:

Instead of seeing CE, LE or XLE at the boot of the vehicle what you see is a hybrid badge like this..
Okay. Tnks...
Person fit go mistakenly buy am o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by AKEEMNAS(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2022
All thanks to GOD, sorry you have to experience this.

Lastly, I am sincerely happy to hear this and be vigilant at all time. May GOD continue to protect us (amen).
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Reference(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2022
mrfm1:

Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.[/color]

Can you pls explain why hybrid cars can't be stolen. I dont understand sir.

The answer lies in the abundance of responses previously.
But I will just add a couple more detailed but simple reasons on the surface
The car in question cannot be later than a 2012 model. I suspect it is about 2010.

So it carries a twelve year old energy pack (if it has not been changed). Anyone knows what a twelve year old 'battery' can deliver in terms of energy storage and potential problems even the highly acclaimed lithium-ion batteries. Only the owner will know what performance (energy efficiency) he is getting out of the system but I don't think it will be much. A twelve year old battery can even be considered a potential harzard.

Secondly, 2010/12 hybrid tech was still in its infancy so expect a lot of troubleshooting. That is why a lot of people prefer to wait for technology to be established before investing in it. The market for hybrid vehicles is bound to collapse very soon with the establishment of all electric vehicles around the world so expect a flood of these hybrids in the future. Cheap to purchase but impossible to maintain. Some major auto companies have discontinued the production of hybrids entirely.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Cartrackerguy: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Latyf123:
Ur number pls
Them go let me post number�, 080 332 333 25
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by vikstandon(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.

https://www.nairaland.com/7024670/stolen-vehicle-please-toyota-camry#110935363

Educate me more on this
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by delpee(f): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / How Man Drives His Ferrari Out Of His House Everyday (Hilarious Video, Photos) / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.