Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos (83792 Views)

Stolen Toyota Camry In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Please Help, My Camry Has Refused To Start. / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I am not an expert but in simple terms, a hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more distinct types of power. They have special batteries (more expensive than normal batteries). Hybrid cars can use this battery for sometime while driving but when the power of the battery dissipates, the car will automatically switch to the fuel( e.g petrol). The battery will be charged again after the trip ends. So, hybrid carsl have extremely good fuel efficiency and they are generally more expensive than normal cars

To answer your second question, some of the hybrid cars will have 'hybrid' written at the back of the cars e.g, Toyota Prius. One way or the other, there will be some inscription or logo on the body of the car indicating that this is an hybrid car.

There are very few mechanics that can handle hybrid cars in Nigeria right now.
Could be fun though...if not for the fact that only few mechanics can handle it, could be cool to own.
From what I've read, the battery charges on it's own.
Tnks for the insight...and Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Someodds: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2022
Asquare84:

Meet a pastor for prayers of protection to avoid this kind of calamity next time

Very useless fool indeed

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by 007inc: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2022
Ladipodeal:

Same reason I got a hybrid Rx400h

I no fit for security wahala.

Same car I bought
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by ogub(m): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2022
Thank God
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Wannabenz: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Kajaard:

Nigerians have no shame. Begging is now the new normal. Rubbish.
Olodo...go tell your papa if you have one.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Ebubu: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2022
LordIsaac:
A lot of the responses you got then was to the effect that your car was a hybrid and can't be easily stolen. They were right. Congrats!
what is a hybrid car?
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2022
foleskay:

A hybrid car is a car that uses both electric motor and gasoline engine to power it self. Both systems relay or switch function during driving...d electric motor starts working when when d fuel is exausted in d gas engine same as how d gas engine will start working when electricity is exhausted in d electric motor chamber. D electric motor gets itself charged during braking or deceleration.

So d whole idea of hybrid is to economize fuel consumption. So a car thief that steals a hybrid may not know what how to handle the d system when d car breaks down.cos he may not HV d idea that he steals a hybrid car.
Very interesting...sounds cool till when the mechanical issues starts manifesting... smiley

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Kajaard: 9:16am On Mar 13, 2022
Wannabenz:

Olodo...go tell your papa if you have one.

Shameless beggar.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Clazzone(m): 9:17am On Mar 13, 2022
You are so lucky to recover your stolen car, perhaps, you're sincere with your dealings with people.

Hello Nairalanders.
I have found my stolen car, alongside the thief. The guy was caught around General Paint (Just after Ajah and Abraham Adesanya) where I believe he had intended to sell it off to those that butcher cars.
I really want to thank and appreciate everyone and this forum for helping me put out word and for the kind gesture I've received from a lot of you.

God bless you all abundantly.
[/quote]
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:
https://www.nairaland.com/7024670/stolen-vehicle-please-toyota-camry

Hello Nairalanders.
I have found my stolen car, alongside the thief. The guy was caught around General Paint (Just after Ajah and Abraham Adesanya) where I believe he had intended to sell it off to those that butcher cars.
I really want to thank and appreciate everyone and this forum for helping me put out word and for the kind gesture I've received from a lot of you.

Wow ur lucky
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by ElValiente(m): 9:21am On Mar 13, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Alhamdulillah.....

Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.

https://www.nairaland.com/7024670/stolen-vehicle-please-toyota-camry#110935363

Youre a good person. God bless you.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Latyf123: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2022
Am interested
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Latyf123: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2022
Ur number pls
Cartrackerguy:
Send me dm make we run your tracker sharply
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

Congratulations! Now go and install tracker on it ASAP.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by nabeelbabs: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

Are you a civil engineer?
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2022
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=110976037]

Alhamdulillah.....

Like I said earlier, no one steals a hybrid.

Im sure the fool thought all Camry are the same.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by macrodata(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2022
LordIsaac:
A lot of the responses you got then was to the effect that your car was a hybrid and can't be easily stolen. They were right. Congrats!
Please I'd like to know what makes hybrid less prone to theft? Educate me on this.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by gbaskiboy: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

Ha! Never knew it was your car. Thank God you found it, Thanks To God..
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Kirkman: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2022
FashionCookie:
Please been following comments to see if anyone could explain what a hybrid car is conveniently.
How can one sport an hybrid car, is i possible by just looking(without looking deep)?
Instead of seeing CE, LE or XLE at the boot of the vehicle what you see is a hybrid badge like this..

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by realG101(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2022
I've driven this type of hybrid Camry before and I know it's keyless entry..if driver does not have the key in his pocket the car engine will not start.

How was the car stolen pls. Because if they could still this kind of car we wey dey drive pencil light Camry are easy targets be that
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Bahamas95(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2022
"You're lucky o, you will not know now o" grin

Please upload the picture of the bast*rd.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by RomanGreen: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2022
hurryup123:
Hybride cars are bad market now.
The thief must be a desperate mofu

Please enlighten me why hybrid is bad market for thieves...may be I'll consider buying it instead of buying a lower grade. Your explanation will be welcomed
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Berankis: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2022
eherbal:
when we talk,Pessimists should sway. grin
With this... You should forecasting for us na. Or babaIjebu combo. grin grin grin
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by nokspos: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2022
hybrid cars are very low in fuel consumption , anything hybrid means using two technology , or two different animal to make a birth of another animal , for example; an hybrid dog can be a breed of lion and real dog , so this dog will be special because it has a trait of lion and dog , it will also have a better look and performance because the dog is likely to inherit many characteristics from both the dog and lion parent.

in the case of hybrid car, its like tesla battery car but that uses fuel engine as well. imagine using tesla car that you won't have to recharge , all you just need to do is fuel the car, the engine in the car will charge the battery then immediately the battery is fully charged , it will switch to full time battery and the car will make no sound till the battery is low again then the engine will start working and this makes every hybrid car to have a very low power consumption.

The problem with hybrid car is maintenance, most road side mechanics in nigeria don't know how to fix the engine if it has any problem , inshot , you might have to condemn the car if you have major problem because your life will be frustrated trust me .
DavidEsq:

What's a hybrid car? I asked this question on the other thread, nobody fit answer am

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by realG101(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I am not an expert but in simple terms, a hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more distinct types of power. They have special batteries (more expensive than normal batteries). Hybrid cars can use this battery for sometime while driving but when the power of the battery dissipates, the car will automatically switch to the fuel( e.g petrol). The battery will be charged again after the trip ends. So, hybrid carsl have extremely good fuel efficiency and they are generally more expensive than normal cars

I will like to add also that I think the car switches between petrol and battery depending on the amount of engine power demanded by the driver.

I noticed when you drive the car on a level road or sloppy area the engine sound goes off and you can still accelerate but the moment you try to climb a hilly road or you kick down the accelerator the engine sound will come back (meaning you are back on petrol)
To answer your second question, some of the hybrid cars will have 'hybrid' written at the back of the cars e.g, Toyota Prius. One way or the other, there will be some inscription or logo on the body of the car indicating that this is an hybrid car.

There are very few mechanics that can handle hybrid cars in Nigeria right now.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by badboyTee(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2022
AmALeo:

Hello Nairalanders.

where is the thief and our prayer money cheesy
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by bonnyhope: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Jheypeel:

You be real idiot
Why the pastor no produce the car when e first loss
Religious bigot

Why are too serious like this?

The guy was just playing and catching cruise
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by tizteezy(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2022
I'm happy for you.

Guys said hybrids are difficult to steal, now I see.

E be like hybrid is the new way to go o
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by Crafteck1: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Even an airplane got stolen in MMA recently. Lol

Whole of Nigeria has been stolen by a cabal and yet we nigerians never notice, tribes are busy accusing tribes, cabal na individuals from several tribes.
Re: My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos by okoroemeka(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2022
FashionCookie:
Please been following comments to see if anyone could explain what a hybrid car is conveniently.
How can one sport an hybrid car, is i possible by just looking(without looking deep)?
I think a hybrid car will contain two power source an engine and electric motor,the engine will charge the batteries and the electric motor will take over at some point,it will be a complicated tech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / How Man Drives His Ferrari Out Of His House Everyday (Hilarious Video, Photos) / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.