Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating (44982 Views)

29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Tundex911: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
I even thought it's breastfeeding in the first place...

Old man, aren't he your kid?

Cold is outside tho
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by kkins25(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
What a Shame!! 29 and the guy does feel the need to be responsible.
Anyway lemme speak for my self.. i was jobless during the covid period and almost went pre-depression since my parents were the ones providing.

To me at that age still acting like this, i wouldn't advice him to marry any time soon. This guy is not ready for life.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by tunize(m): 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
29 years old still eating his father's food saying papa thank you and feels okay? Na wa
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Gval123: 1:36am On Mar 14, 2022
The answer is simple. He thinks his money is for him alone and your money is our money. This is because, he still sees himself as your responsibility. On top of that, its clear from ur analysis that he has never cultivated the habit of helping others when they need it. So, you need to make it explicitly clear to him, that your role in his life financially at this stage of his life is by choice and ur habit to be helpful and responsible to ur family. If he wants to be a better man in the future, he must pick up the attitude of been responsible to his family, which at this moment in time, is yourself and his siblings. Don't feel too bad about you still feeding him anyways, not his fault. This terrible evil was birthed by our evil politicians. All the best in ur pursuit of happiness for u and ur son.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Cousin9999: 3:09am On Mar 14, 2022
Fake.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Desusi: 3:15am On Mar 14, 2022
saintneo:

Sir, please be patient with your son. This Nigeria is not very friendly, no child would want to be dependent. A few questions:

1. Does he smoke or drink?
2. Does he live above his means?
3. Does he come around with girlfriends?

If there is a yes amongst these questions, kindly kick him out ASAP. Else, I suggest you
encourage him to get a better employment.
He is free from all these things you mentioned.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by bolrew: 6:08am On Mar 14, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
grin
I don't even know what to say but to start with. How was he raised?
I mean,was he having everything at his will when growing up?

Good question to ask
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Veeryeasy(m): 6:37am On Mar 14, 2022
The is a funny mentally when you still stay with your parents despite your age
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by snoopz: 9:26am On Mar 14, 2022
You failed in parenting, now you're reaping the reward, but wetin we wan do person wey don turn 29 like this
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by OMONGBALI: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Naijanascam:

You are a confirmed certificated slowpoke

You are an international fool. Sale is a noun, sell is a verb. You can make a sale, not that you "sale" something. Igbos make the mistake and I pointed it out. Mumu man went to bring dictionary on top wetin he no understand.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 14, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
fool.
I pay bills and take care of my parents, I am not a parasite like you.
grin e pain am
greet your boyfriend for me grin
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by philosophie: 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Desusi:

He has more than enough in his account to settle down. Peradventure, he has other programs.
he was able to raise 'more than enough' because of the gap you fill for him, definitely he has 'other programs' but how viable these programs are remains the main issue, but you can try to find out what he is up to and if possible see if there are ways to get things underway, breakthrough after graduating is not really that easy especially in the absence of a high paying job, i can't say for sure if he's totally doing well but for the fact that he can save up something tangible means there's a possibility of breaking through if other aspects are tackled well. What matters most is his success not just the independency, rub minds with him and know what he's doing, who knows
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by capnies: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
SEND HIM AWAY, TO A RELATION OR LET HIM GO AND ATTACH TO A FRIEND
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by SURElee(f): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Sharap.

My experience in my own household is that all 5 of us left home, the very day we graduated.

In fact, in my case, I had already left home from when I had my IT.

When I completed NYSC, I came back to live with a a friend who accommodated 7 of us.

We all ended up leaving from his home to get our respective jobs, and those who went abroad, launched out from there.

Not a single person from my nuclear family went into fraud.

None or the boys with whom we all shared a home went into fraud and we all ended up well and independent, spread across Nigeria and indeed the world.

You too shut up.
Your use of language shows you can't state you opinion without insulting people..

In your "own" house, you said.

Not every body's home is like yours where they leave home to go squat 7 people inside a friend's house.

And did I say you turned to fraud? As if you don't know some people, when life happens to them, they pick up vices.

Next time reply people with decorum online and don't be an educated tout
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
SURElee:

You too shut up.
Your use of language shows you can't state you opinion without insulting people..

In your "own" house, you said.

Not every body's home is like yours where they leave home to go squat 7 people inside a friend's house.

And did I say you turned to fraud? As if you don't know some people, when life happens to them, they pick up vices.

Next time reply people with decorum online and don't be an educated tout

Ordinary sharap wey I tell you na him you write the epistle for me?

You don make me dey cry na.

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by musiliyukayode(m): 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
What is wrong in you continue feeding him pending the time he get himself something doing. After all he did not write an application to you that he wanted to come to this world nor you taken permission from him for bringing him here? Your mission accomplished after you must have given him a befitting marriage.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Adekazzy(m): 5:43am On Apr 04, 2022
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Laird(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
So long as you made the selfish decision to have children, you are completely responsible for them till you die. undecided undecided As if they are sharing high paying jobs in Nigeria.

You dey mind people. Them go dey tackle bachelors that they should go and marry. They would bring children into this failed Nigeria without a plan for the children and thinking that paying subsidised not presently top quality Nigerian university school fees is all they need to do for the child and leave the child to his fate.
The boy is probably depressed and unhappy and likely even regrets been born into Nigeria. Meanwhile top people round the world set their children up even Bill Gates, Trump, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos were set up by their parents.

This is not the NIGERIA of the seventies or early eighties where someone can read any course in Nigeria and graduate to a high paying job.

Even most professionals don't earn well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Desusi: 2:48am On Jan 11
NoToPile:
Since he has a small job he should at least do something, even if it's buying pure water for the house.

I understand your Concerns sir.
Exactly my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / I Saw This Snake Crawl Out Of My Generator's Corridor / Bovi Ugboma & Wife, Kris Asimonye Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.