Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating (45048 Views)

29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Professorcplus(m): 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Sharap.

My experience in my own household is that all 5 of us left home, the very day we graduated.

In fact, in my case, I had already left home from when I had my IT.

When I completed NYSC, I came back to live with a a friend who accommodated 7 of us.

We all ended up leaving from his home to get our respective jobs, and those who went abroad, launched out from there.

Not a single person from my nuclear family went into fraud.

None or the boys with whom we all shared a home went into fraud and we all ended up well and independent, spread across Nigeria and indeed the world.
Just because you have mtn free data and android phone doesn't mean you should shut people up.

Accord some respect no offense.

By the way, I was expecting you to leave your parents house into your own mansion.

It's even friend house. That your friend should have eject you to roam the street maybe by then, you would realize different people with different reality and experience. Mtcheeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2022
Professorcplus:

Just because you have mtn free data and android phone doesn't mean you should shut people up.

By the way, I was expecting you to leave your parents house into your own mansion.

It's even friend house. That your friend should have eject you to roam the street maybe by then, you would realize different people with different reality and experience. Mtcheeew

Friend knew he didn't have a lazy, parasite in his home.

Contributed, and paid rent.

Stop encouraging laziness

Once you graduate, leave the nest and go seek yours.

Imagine spending 4-7 years in University, only to come back home to be stealing meat from the pot.

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
Professorcplus:

Top, right-hand corner shows I'm using WI-FI.

What next?

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Munzy14(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Richy4:

grin cheesy
When you said that the money is not there, I just kind of wonder how much should be available before someone can decide to take responsibility...

If his father is not leaving with him,
<<< Won't he pay rent... Won't he eat or will he go to the shop owner and tell them to give him their products but that the money is not there that they should bear with him?

<<< If he stays on his own, electricity bill will be paid with the money that is not there right?

<<< I will not blame the man for anything because even if he instilled good values on his kids... Some will still turned out to be what they wanted to be... Some turned out to be selfish, some liberal minded...I wished that he should go with tough love on him....

I really wonder what they will do to a 29yr old man..who is acting ignorant to responsibilities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by silverkings: 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:

After graduation, a man should leave his father's house.
You're a goat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Goldbw122(m): 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
That is where in Nigeria you are supposed to have a second hand job that you are doing something that will putting food on your table don't just rely on education and educational loan you need to be productive and have other skills under your slave so that is the mistake he made so you just need to be here with him so that I will learn all the skill for his future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by hybridblood07(m): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Na so e easy Oga country hard oh
Golan007:

After graduation, a man should leave his father's house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
hybridblood07:
Na so e easy Oga country hard oh

I agree, but a man needs to be a man.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by pinkygurl(f): 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

See wetin bad economy cause

You can't repay your father for raising you, you are still taking from him even at retirement

That's a crime

Use the method my mum used on us..

Note ; she is a retired Federal Government worker with my dad and they both earn good money from pension and house rent

Call all your children to have a serious conversation early in the morning...

Mandate each and everyone of them to take care of a certain bill or give you a certain amount every month so as to receive your true blessing while you're still alive

Start with little commitments for them

*filling of cooking gas
*service and fueling of Generators
*buying of pure water bags and water dispenser refill
*even your kid in school can afford to buy bread or live chcken every time he comes home if you mandate him to do so
*3k monthly subscription of internet or DSTV

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Professorcplus(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:

Friend knew he didn't have a lazy, parasite in his home.

Contributed, and paid rent.

Stop encouraging laziness

Once you graduate, leave the nest and go seek yours.

Imagine spending 4-7 years in University, only to come back home to be stealing meat from the pot.

This is childish of you and beside why take this personal
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by virginchaser(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
I met a man in mechanic workshop whom shared his experience with me. He said his father ejected him from his flat and rented it out. That was when he tightened up. Today he is a proud owner of 3 buildings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
NewSoul:

The same way your own own daddy kicked you out abi yenyenyen undecided. How many bills were/are you paying when living with him? undecided . As if they did not allow you enjoy your money and all you use it to do is buy bleaching cream and soap undecided mstcheew
fool.
I pay bills and take care of my parents, I am not a parasite like you.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
Professorcplus:

This is childish of you and beside why take this personal

You made it personal.

Don't stop now.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
OMONGBALI:

It is sell, not sale. Why do Igbos make this mistake?

grin
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by hybridblood07(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Of course. As long as he's working one day he will definitely leave his father house.
Golan007:

I agree, but a man needs to be a man.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Thazard(m): 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

See wetin bad economy cause

You can't repay your father for raising you, you are still taking from him even at retirement

That's a crime

Use the method my mum used on us..

Note ; she is a retired Federal Government worker with my dad and they both earn good money from pension and house rent

Call all your children to have a serious conversation early in the morning...

Mandate each and everyone of them to take care of a certain bill or give you a certain amount every month so as to receive your true blessing while you're still alive

Start with little commitments for them

*filling of cooking gas
*service and fueling of Generators
*buying of pure water bags and water dispenser refill
*even your kid in school can afford to buy bread or live chcken every time he comes home if you mandate him to do so
*3k monthly subscription of internet or DSTV

Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
hybridblood07:
Of course. As long as he's working one day he will definitely leave his father house.

I doubt it.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Samuelriano1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According him respect simply because his age is indicated as 60? You meant the same way you all foolishly accord your presidents and politicians respect because of their age even as they continue to pillage your futures and that of your children and grandchildren? undecided

It is highline you all get over that nonsense. Focus less on age and more on the request. undecided

focus on the subject matter, don't deviate from it. you are rude, and I won't hide my words. you can't just come online n insult people for no reason,haba it's disgusting. you have no right to throw such words at him, this generation stinks of moral decadens tuehhh .
#walks out
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Samuelriano1:
focus on the subject matter, don't deviate from it. you are rude, and I won't hide my words. you can't just come online n insult people for no reason,haba it's disgusting. you have no right to throw such words at him, this generation stinks of moral decadens tuehhh
#walks out
What the heck are you rambling about? undecided

You say this generation sucks... what generation would that be given that at least 5 are represented here on nairaland.? undecided

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Samuelriano1(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=111001049] According him respect simply because his age is indicated as 60? You meant the same way you all foolishly accord your presidents and politicians respect because of their age even as they continue to pillage your futures and that of your children and grandchildren? undecided

focus on the subject matter, don't deviate from it. you are rude, and I won't hide my words. you can't just come online n insult people for no reason,haba it's disgusting. you have no right to throw such words at him, this generation stinks of moral decadens tuehhh .the gray hair of experience is the
splendor of the old.”– Proverbs 20:29
#walks out
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Samuelriano1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You say this generation sucks... what generation would that be given that at least 5 are represented here on nairaland.? undecided

read, and then understand
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Samuelriano1:
you have no right to throw such words at him, this generation stinks of moral decadens tuehhh .the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.”– Proverbs 20:29
#walks out
I have no right to throw such words at whom because? undecided
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Samuelriano1:
read, and then understand
Understand what exactly? undecided

Noticed I asked you questions because I obviously have no idea what you are going on about. undecided

I don't exist in the same mental bubble that you do. undecided
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Samuelriano1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

let me put it in a lay man language, you are rude, very rude. just because we all have access to the internet, doesn't give you the right to abuse it. that man has done nothing wrong, so mind your language
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Samuelriano1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

let me put it in a lay man language, you are rude, very rude. just because we all have access to the internet, doesn't give you the right to abuse it. that man has done nothing wrong, so mind your language it's disgusting

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Samuelriano1:
Let me put it in a lay man language, you are rude, very rude. just because we all have access to the internet, doesn't give you the right to abuse it. that man has done nothing wrong, so mind your language
What in the world are you rambling on about still? undecided
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by UnabashedIPOB: 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
We are living in my personal house. l would single handedly pay electricity bills, lawnman, etc. My son would not want to help in any way, not even with pure water of #10 claiming that he is with his father.

You have two options and two options ONLY! Option one, you need to have him either start paying some of the bills or contribute significantly to maintain the household. And option two, if option one does NOT work out, then kick him out so that he can go and fend for himself. As long as he's over 18 years of age, you do NOT legally have any more responsibility as far as taking care of him is concerned. Some people do learn by going thru the experience of growing pains.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Aaay: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Until nigeria is pushed into revolution parents will continue to feed grown men and women
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by nanauju(f): 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
Beremx:
The current situation of the country made him to still be living under your roof. Don’t frustrate him and make him misbehave. He’s still a good boy unlike some sons who are jobless and shameless. Give him more time to look for a better job and let him move on

You're very correct.

I think the man's issue is that the boy doesn't contribute. And I think the son should contribute in at least one bill pending when he is stable to contribute for more.
It shows responsibility on his part

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by saintneo(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:
Naira landers, kindly advise me on what to do.

l am over 60 years old, a widower. By the grace of God, l was blessed with three children of which two are graduates with good grades from reputable universities here in Nigeria, one is still undergraduate before the departure of my late wife some years back.

As a retired man with meager money, I decided to manage a little business which barely gives me much money. One of these my children, a professional, though not teacher, is currently residing with me doing teaching job in different places as part time, pending when he would get a much better job.

We are living in my personal house. l would single handedly pay electricity bills, lawnman, etc. My son would not want to help in any way, not even with pure water of #10 claiming that he is with his father.

Efforts to convince him to assist me is not yielding positive result, instead he would pick quarrels with me. His senior sister has married, while the junior brother is still in the school as dependant, what sort of counseling do you think he needs to change.

I am afraid even if this boy owns shop rite in future, he would not help either.

Sir, please be patient with your son. This Nigeria is not very friendly, no child would want to be dependent. A few questions:

1. Does he smoke or drink?
2. Does he live above his means?
3. Does he come around with girlfriends?

If there is a yes amongst these questions, kindly kick him out ASAP. Else, I suggest you encourage him to get a better employment.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by shawante(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
killmods:
You she say ur head correct?
What is that supposed to mean..
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by shawante(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
killmods:
You she say ur head correct?
I made a comment without insulting anyone.. You can as well do the same

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.