Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating (44989 Views)

29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by TheSameGuy(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
No wonder. You're still eating mummy thank you after graduation grin

Malory:
Shatap
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Honeylaz(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
So long as you made the selfish decision to have children, you are completely responsible for them till you die. undecided undecided As if they are sharing high paying jobs in Nigeria.
It seems you're still teenager, Sense is far from you

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Malory: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
TheSameGuy:
No wonder. You're still eating mummy thank you after graduation grin

Exactly what you are doing. The joke is on you
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Meenabee(f): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Its so sad that a grown ass man wants to be taken care off by his old father. He should go and hustle of not he would remain redundant for life not being useful to himself or the family. If he can't fend for himself then let him be abeg.
Desusi:
Naira landers, kindly advise me on what to do.

l am over 60 years old, a widower. By the grace of God, l was blessed with three children of which two are graduates with good grades from reputable universities here in Nigeria, one is still undergraduate before the departure of my late wife some years back.

As a retired man with meager money, I decided to manage a little business which barely gives me much money. One of these my children, a professional, though not teacher, is currently residing with me doing teaching job in different places as part time, pending when he would get a much better job.

We are living in my personal house. l would single handedly pay electricity bills, lawnman, etc. My son would not want to help in any way, not even with pure water of #10 claiming that he is with his father.

Efforts to convince him to assist me is not yielding positive result, instead he would pick quarrels with me. His senior sister has married, while the junior brother is still in the school as dependant, what sort of counseling do you think he needs to change.

I am afraid even if this boy owns shop rite in future, he would not help either.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by BabbanBura(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
Sir,
Sit him down and define the terms of staying under your roof;

1. I suggest you let him stay with you to get his footing on means of livelihood, but
2. He must contribute either by taking care of his own needs apart from accommodation which you are offering free or
3. In addition to 2 above he should also provide you a benefit of him staying rent free by taking care of a certain expense in the house especially a shared bill such as electricity bill, TV subscription, refuse disposal, water etc

Never let him remain a full burden on you - he will not change (from experience). You need to force (wean him) from depending on you same way his mother (of blessed memory) had to cut him off suckling (wean him) her breasts against his wish.

All the best papa!

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by TheSameGuy(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
Graduate at 29 yet still depending on you when he ought to be giving angry

He just want to be irresponsible or couldn't think well.

Allowing him to stay in your house and enjoying free things is doing him more harm, he'll be comfortable with those jobs that earns him paltry amount.

EJECT HIM IMMEDIATELY, YOU'RE DOING HIM GOOD.

He should go out and face the World, that's how you will reap the fruits of your labour
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by TheSameGuy(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin
Yes, ironically
Malory:
Exactly what you are doing. The joke is on you
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Desusi: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Exkandayee:

Oga calm down, your son is saving money to japa,I know dis 100%, he's not helping because he sees you're still strong and hard-working, just give him sometimes, you'll know he's really thinking about you
OK ooooo,thank you for your advice.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:
Can you give me the site or the link to the movies

Cc; kobojunkie
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by williams77(m): 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lack of parental disciplines on your part, when was the last time you scolded him a wrong doing, I've lost counts the times my parents then flogged the hell out of me each time I was wrong
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
kick him out, or tell him to pay bills, don't let him touch your food or drink.
The same way your own own daddy kicked you out abi yenyenyen undecided. How many bills were/are you paying when living with him? undecided . As if they did not allow you enjoy your money and all you use it to do is buy bleaching cream and soap undecided mstcheew

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
afamaustin:
I have a brother that does the same character hi is a lecturer in one of the federal institution in Nigeria.He should be 28 years, Even to by pure water he wunt but when u buy he will be the first person to take.
After all inquiry we find out is a kind of mental illness, and we don't HV option than to be managing him like that.
What is the name of the mental illness? Narcissism?
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
mukthar2000:
Most u depend on the little boy to reciprocate? Why most parents so much depend on the childs that just started a new life, forgoting that it's their responsibility to support the child to his or her confort stage in life
Don't mind them.somebody just started out in life. They won't let you save for your own family or retirement too. Like say na law to born pikin mstcheeew

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Originalsly: 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

grin
I don't even know what to say but to start with. How was he raised?
I mean,was he having everything at his will when growing up?

' Bend the tree when it is young

Key questions. At 29.... graduate ... no good jobs ... economy bad... doesn't matter. A guy at that age should be looking to be on his own... even if for privacy sake. Can't afford it?.... nothing wrong in remaining at home.... but not contribute? ... period?

Does he have a gf?.... if no ...hmmm.... let me say no more.

My advice... complain to his friends ... if he has straight friends... let them know he doesn't contribute. They will know how to straighten him out.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Auntie oooohhhhh grin grin grin

I swear we re same thing, i swear.

If not that my parent and people around have bn saying i want to be irresponsible walahi i have said i dont want to give birth more than once, even at that sef it wont be more than two.

Aunty i love mysef abeg, i come this life alone and i have bn suffering since alone, and i dont want to continue the suffering cus if one child/children.

Anu money i gather is to take care of my sef and the two children(i can still manage to take care of two children) grin

Even if i become billionaire tomorrow, the real goal is to take care of mysef biko. Its my life and not the children life. My own is to take responsibility on them til dey become adult and can stand on their own firmly.
Then don't have kids if you care about yourself this much. This is narcissism. Caring about yourself only. Please your type are not meant to be parents please! We don't want to be reading how a child feels neglected by his selfish parents in 2042 abeg I take God beg you. Make money and chop alone, not everyone must be parents. Nor be by force. Eat alone and die alone in peace undecided

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
Klass99:

Make I follow you LOL, Jonny abeg die this yarn joor. I am self aware enough to know that I am lacking in that area/department.

Why will I be pleading with my offspring because of bond? Unto sey I carried him for 9 months in my womb? I don't have it in me o!

Las las, is he Jesus Christ? Can any child hang on a tree and die for me like Christ did? Why will I come and be killing myself on top of their matter?

They will not get me into heaven when this life is over and one of my goals is to make heaven. Neither will I be asked to give an account of my child's life, I will be asked to give an account of my own life.
Madam go to the convent and become a reverend sister because you do lack attributes of motherhood. We don't want your daughter coming here in 20 years time to complain about you.

Most of you "I don't care" parents think you won't be judged based on how you raised your kids or how they turn out. If you train them shabbily and they end up becoming irresponsible and sinful. You think God won't question you abi as you were their guardian here. You think you will smile to heaven and your children will be cast into hell and you will be singing hymns in heaven? undecided deceive yourself very well. If you don't do your job well you are also going to hell with them undecided

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Obason22(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
The way u brought him up, is what he is showing u now.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by mukthar2000(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
NewSoul:

Don't mind them.somebody just started out in life. They won't let you save for your own family or retirement too. Like say na law to born pikin mstcheeew
I tired ooo, in my family for example, mother or father don't depend on my kids despite that everyone was leaving Large thought we send they money, but not computry to them, the parent would rather send money for u to solve any financial problem, thought it's good to eat from the seed u sow, but we should not too much depend on that, so that to avoid hatred for the children.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Shancca: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
grin
I don't even know what to say but to start with. How was he raised?
I mean,was he having everything at his will when growing up?

Good question
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Beremx:
The current situation of the country made him to still be living under your roof. Don’t frustrate him and make him misbehave. He’s still a good boy unlike some sons who are jobless and shameless. Give him more time to look for a better job and let him move on

Most sensible comment so far on this thread.....

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

See wetin bad economy cause

You can't repay your father for raising you, you are still taking from him even at retirement

That's a crime

Use the method my mum used on us..

Note ; she is a retired Federal Government worker with my dad and they both earn good money from pension and house rent

Call all your children to have a serious conversation early in the morning...

Mandate each and everyone of them to take care of a certain bill or give you a certain amount every month so as to receive your true blessing while you're still alive

Start with little commitments for them

*filling of cooking gas
*service and fueling of Generators
*buying of pure water bags and water dispenser refill
*even your kid in school can afford to buy bread or live chcken every time he comes home if you mandate him to do so
*3k monthly subscription of internet or DSTV

This advise here are solely meant for parents who catered for their children and gave them a meaningful life. Any parents who doesn't catered and give their children a meaningful life deserves nothing and they will never have peace of mind In life.....
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by OlawaleBammie: 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
NewSoul:

Then don't have kids if you care about yourself this much. This is narcissism. Caring about yourself only. Please your type are not meant to be parents please! We don't want to be reading how a child feels neglected from his selfish parents in 2042 abeg I take God beg you. Make money and chop alone, not everyone must be parents. Nor be by force. Eat alone and die alone in peace undecided
Oponu, u should be abke to read and understand.

I didn't say i wont take care of my children

If u have brain and can read meaning to my passage u should know that wat am trying to say is dat i dont want to give birth to plenty children that i wont be able to take care of to my satisfaction.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
NewSoul:

Then don't have kids if you care about yourself this much. This is narcissism. Caring about yourself only. Please your type are not meant to be parents please! We don't want to be reading how a child feels neglected from his selfish parents in 2042 abeg I take God beg you. Make money and chop alone, not everyone must be parents. Nor be by force. Eat alone and die alone in peace undecided

Only If they will stick to this advise. There are too many failed parents In Nigeria. They embark on Journey they won't reach the destination all because of their foolishness, stupidity, brainwashing and Ignorance.....
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Abiliboi: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
That guy no chill angry. Seems you no start early to instill the spirit of Independence in him. Summon him for a special meeting, and talk to him like Master. Take it easy with him, gradually desist from footing his immediate bills. He will man up eventually.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by NokiaN8(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Your location matters.. Some state aren't favorable for graduates and they keep depending on their parents, those state is becoming their culture unknowly
. So please try relocate to another state
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Someday I will Share my story on here. This guy Is a lucky lad that he even had parents who catered for him, gave him education and a meaningful life hmmmm. I won't really blame him though because If this nation Is a good nation, His dad Is supposing to be reaping his fruit of labour. But what do we have? I will blame the failed society.....

2 Likes

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by SURElee(f): 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:
Eject him from the home.

Eject him to where? To the streets so he goes to learn yahoo plus abi?

As a father, has he spoken to him, did he bring him up to be responsible or to be self centered?

If the father likes, let him throw him out to yahoo gang outside, and expect to reap from him when God turns his fortunes around, sebi he is 60 already?

What words has that man been speaking into the life of that young man trying to find his path in life? With the tone behind his write up, it is obvious the man has been unpacking his frustrations on the young man.

This is Nigeria where graduate struggle after having certificates o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Carlyboi(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:
Thanks a lot for your advice, as a Christian, l have been praying for him that God will help him out.

You’re welcome!
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Yomit71(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:

Thanks a lot.Nothing prayers cannot do.l will try more.
you're welcome sir
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Golan007: 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
[s]
SURElee:

Eject him to where? To the streets so he goes to learn yahoo plus abi?

As a father, has he spoken to him, did he bring him up to be responsible or to be self centered?

If the father likes, let him throw him out to taboo gang outside, and except to real from him when God turns his fortunes around, sebi he is 60 already?

What words has that man been speaking into the life of that young man trying to find his path in life? With the tone behind his write up, it is obvious the man has been unpacking his frustrations on the young man.

This is Nigeria where graduate struggle after having certificates o!
[/s]

Sharap.

My experience in my own household is that all 5 of us left home, the very day we graduated.

In fact, in my case, I had already left home from when I had my IT.

When I completed NYSC, I came back to live with a a friend who accommodated 7 of us.

We all ended up leaving from his home to get our respective jobs, and those who went abroad, launched out from there.

Not a single person from my nuclear family went into fraud.

None or the boys with whom we all shared a home went into fraud and we all ended up well and independent, spread across Nigeria and indeed the world.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Remman(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:

l am over 60 years old, a widower. By the grace of God, l was blessed with three children of which two are graduates with good grades from reputable universities here in Nigeria, one is still undergraduate before the departure of my late wife some years back.

As a retired man with meager money, I decided to manage a little business which barely gives me much money. One of these my children, a professional, though not teacher, is currently residing with me doing teaching job in different places as part time, pending when he would get a much better job.

We are living in my personal house. l would single handedly pay electricity bills, lawnman, etc. My son would not want to help in any way, not even with pure water of #10 claiming that he is with his father.
my younger brother is like that. Just arrange another residence for him. But the time he lives on his own, his head will be correct. Your son is immature!
Re: My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
Desusi:

Efforts to convince him to assist me is not yielding positive result, instead he would pick quarrels with me. His senior sister has married, while the junior brother is still in the school as dependant, what sort of counseling do you think he needs to change.

I am afraid even if this boy owns shop rite in future, he would not help either.

Throw the idiot out

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Saw This Snake Crawl Out Of My Generator's Corridor / My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Bovi Ugboma & Wife, Kris Asimonye Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.