Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid (38543 Views)

Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by higgs: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Says a Man who knows nothing about business. When You are raking in billions from tithes and offering, what do You need loans for?

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by topron(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Good evening. Please I need an assistance of 15k to be refunded latest Friday this week. You can give me the benefit of doubt. 2211858704. Zenith
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Newboss(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Daddy Oyedepo is absolutely right.

If you subtract all the loans dangote is owing various banks both locally and international from his networth, dangote won't even make it to 1st 100 richest people in Africa.

This I have seen.

Dangote as a person is separate from Dangote plc.

Anyone who understands how companies work should know this. Your company's net worth is not your net worth.

A company can take loan in its own capacity using its assets as guarantee.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
Na who daddyGO dey yab like this ! Who get small pin charger!
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by DEMZEE(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
huptin:

Let me ask you a few questions:

1. Who is borrowing the US the money they are owing, remember it's their own dollars and they can print it?

2. If the US is the biggest shareholder in the world bank and IMF, and even in the African development bank who then is its own lender?

The US is owing mantra is a myth, it is meant to hoodwink the developing world to take their loans (dollars) which they can print anytime they so wish, and yes they do print it almost all the time.

Please read up about this scam that the US has been perpetrating all along and your perception of this life will change.

ONLY A FOOL WONT UNDERSTAND THAT THE CURRENT MODERN MONETARY SYSTEM IS RUN ON DEBT

PAPER MONEY (CURRENCY) IS BACKED BY DEBT

THEY PRINT PAPER MONEY FROM NOTHING

THERE'S GOOD AND BAD DEBT

ECONOMICS 001 FOR FVCKS SAKE

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by blowjohn(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
Someone in this thread asked another person if the person is still in 'his distorted gorilla form?'
grin grin grin grin grin

Like homo erectus form of reasoning
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by mmsen: 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
People typically borrow money to make money and then they make sure that they take their own before their businesses fail and they default on the loans.

Capitalism. lipsrsealed
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by juniorstar(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
You cant build wealth without debt..its either you get into debt yourself or ppl get into debt on your behalf. You need good debt to amass wealth..ask dangote of the 500k his uncle borrowed him to start which he repaid in 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by DEMZEE(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Newboss:

Dangote as a person is separate from Dangote plc.

Anyone who understands how companies work should know this. How company's net worth is not his net worth.

A company can take loan in its own capacity using its assets as guarantee.

EXACTLY!!!

I CAN NEVER LISTEN TO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE FOR FINANCIAL ADVICE OR EVEN FOLLOW THEIR MODEL WEN IT COMES TO BUILDING WEALTH AND SUSTAINING WEALTH.

OYEDEPO UNDERSTANDS THE MONETARY SYSTEM AND YET HE WILL GASLIGHT THE KNOWLEDGE TO PERPETUATE HIS MANIPULATIONS. HE WILL RATHER BE SEEN AS A GOD LIKE FIGURE THAN BE HONEST AND TELL HIS AUDIENCE THE REALITY AND TRUTH ABOUT THE MODERN MONETARY SYSTEM

HE IS A MACHIAVELLIAN

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Tonytonex(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Now I understand the difference between a man who borrowed loans from bank to finance his project and another one who depends on other people’s gift and offering to finance his project.
one is a risk taker while the other is an opportunist

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion.
So, which of the two categories do you fall into? And what is your worth?
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Basheer22: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
sparkyJ:
The things of God is like foolishness to the carnal man. There are indeed heights and depths in Christ. Only the wise will understand.

Don't use this to justify questionable talk. God doesn't give loans. Oyedepo should face his calling and stop giving questionable financial advice.

If he wants to give business advice, he should be open to correction from those who know more than him. After all, his businesses were set up with donations from church members.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by AntiWailer: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:

If you subtract all the loans dangote is owing various banks both locally and international from his networth, dangote won't even make it to 1st 100 richest people in Africa.

This I have seen.

Do u know what NET WORTH meant ?

ASSET - LIABILITY .

You people are too dumb for reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Basheer22: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
Strongbest:

I think some of you just don't believe a man can be so wealthy yet loving and serving God sincerely.

I was once blinded and made to hate this man so much until I had personal encounters. Look, before you say negative thing about anyone, not just a man of God but anyone, make sure you really have had personal encounters and not saying things based hearsay; only fools, I mean irredeemable fools do that.

Oyedepo built his wealth from tithes and offerings of church members. He's a smart person 7 who knows what to invest in and then uses the funds donated to a registered charity to invest in his own name. He tried it in the UK and was almost jailed. He was banned from the UK for a while because of this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Born2Breed(f): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Every business man needs loan, if you want to break the hedge of stagnation.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Tonytonex(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

I like ur analogy, who borrowed is far far better than someone who milk others to become Rich.
you know nothing .you too can go and milk people to get rich or don't you want to become rich?
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Basheer22: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
kingjizz:

Nigerians really are stupid

Oyedepo knows nothing about business ..A man that just sit and make millions from poor nigerians using the name of God and silly nigerians are busy listen to ( trash )

Business is risk and you have to take that risk to make it..Or is he indirectly tell us that he's church is a family business?

Religion has finished africa

So, you don't know that Living Faith Ministries, Covenant Uni, Landmark Uni, Faith Academy and other businesses belong to the Oyedepo family?

In fact, the Corporate documents of Living faith filed at the Corporate Affairs Commission has Oyedepo's children as trustees. The only non Oyedepo there is Bishop Abioye and Oyedepo's wife and son's name come before his.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by DamnnNiggarr: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
huptin:

Let me ask you a few questions:

1. Who is borrowing the US the money they are owing, remember it's their own dollars and they can print it?

2. If the US is the biggest shareholder in the world bank and IMF, and even in the African development bank who then is its own lender?

The US is owing mantra is a myth, it is meant to hoodwink the developing world to take their loans (dollars) which they can print anytime they so wish, and yes they do print it almost all the time.

Please read up about this scam that the US has been perpetrating all along and your perception of this life will change.
I'm not too good in economics but with the knowledge I got in eco101, 102, I can unequivocally tell you that Printing more money doesn’t increase economic output – it only increases the amount of cash circulating in the economy. If more money is printed, consumers are able to demand more goods, but if firms have still the same amount of goods, they will respond by putting up prices. In a simplified model, printing money will just cause inflation.

*Suppose an economy produces $10 million worth of goods; e.g. 1 million books at $10 each. At this time the money supply will be $10 million.

*If the government doubled the money supply, we would still have 1 million books, but people have more money. Demand for books would rise, and in response to higher demand, firms would push up prices.

*The most likely scenario is that if the money supply were doubled, we would have 1 million books sold at $20. The economy is now worth $20 million rather than $10 million. But, the number of goods is exactly the same.

*We can say that the increase in GDP is a money illusion. – True you have more money, but if everything is more expensive, you are not any better off.

*In this simple model, printing more money has made goods more expensive, but hasn’t changed the quantity of goods.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by skj1377(m): 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
He borrowed more than his networth to finance a business and you think that is smart. Another delay due to war and that project will consume all his wealth. Banks Dont care why you can't repay your loan even if it's obvious. .
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Now I understand the difference between a man who borrowed loans from bank to finance his project and another one who depends on other people’s gift and offering to finance his project.

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Amotolongbo(f): 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tonytonex:
So, which of the two categories do you fall into? And what is your worth?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Ochelyko1: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tonytonex:
you know nothing .you too can go and milk people to get rich or don't you want to become rich?

God forbid that I do such a thing. What is the difference between Yahoo Yahoo and church business in Nigeria? Am a believer ooo but I tell u all the denomination Churches in Nigeria are nothing but pure family business.

If u think is a lie go and find out in CAC.

Jesus said it will be more difficult for a Rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than for a calmel to go through the eyes of the Needle.

E get y Jesus say so. I want to be rich but not this kinds of riches bro and sis what ever u are.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Amotolongbo(f): 8:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
skj1377:
He borrowed more than his networth to finance a business and you think that is smart. Another delay due to war and that project will consume all his wealth. Banks Dont care why you can't repay your loan even if it's obvious. .
This is a typical poor man mentality!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by OgwuEgo: 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
If they play sure 3 odds 3 times they will pay
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Nukilia: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
PRIDE OF LIFE grin
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Spandau: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
Strongbest:

I think some of you just don't believe a man can be so wealthy yet loving and serving God sincerely.

I was once blinded and made to hate this man so much until I had personal encounters. Look, before you say negative thing about anyone, not just a man of God but anyone, make sure you really have had personal encounters and not saying things based hearsay; only fools, I mean irredeemable fools do that.

Yeah, whatever. We shall know who the fool is very soon.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Michelle70(m): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ayemileto:

Based on the full article, I don't think it applies to business men (like Dangote) because they aren't doing big boy around town, and they are not using the loans to purchase liabilities. Instead, they are investing with it.

As for the cost of Dangote refinery, I don't know of banks that borrow people more money than their collateral sha. Maybe they exist and I just don't know.

But, as at when Dangote started his refinery, the cost was supposed to be $8billion (I saw it in newspapers then). I don't know if they changed the initial plan for the cost to have jumped so high, or maybe it's because of inflation.

But, I think the $19billion tag placed on the refinery might be to avoid questioning on the $3.2billion NNPC paid for 20% stake.

Let's not also forget FG sells forex to Dangote at a cheaper rate because of the refinery. So, it might as well be to get much more forex out at a cheaper rate.

What I'm saying is that, it might not cost up to the $19billion price tag. The price could have been inflated for several reasons. shocked
networth is asset vs liability, nobody counts what's in ur bank account as asset.

U may have N5bil in bank account and ur worth is just N700mil
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Davemarine: 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Mumu, let's say you're right.
Did Dangote borrow the whole $19b?
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Amotolongbo(f): 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Davemarine:

Mumu, let's say you're right.
Did Dangote borrow the whole $19b?
Please swerve!
I’m allergic to stupidity
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by skj1377(m): 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Am not poor Oga. Businesses can go both ways
Amotolongbo:
This is a typical poor man mentality!
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Tonytonex(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

God forbid that I do such a thing. What is the difference between Yahoo Yahoo and church business in Nigeria? Am a believer ooo but I tell u all the denomination Churches in Nigeria are nothing but pure family business.

If u think is a lie go and find out in CAC.

Jesus said it will be more difficult for a Rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than for a calmel to go through the eyes of the Needle.

E get y Jesus say so. I want to be rich but not this kinds of riches bro and sis what ever u are.
in other way, you mean you are wiser and more righteous than Oyedepo?
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Emperordynasty: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Spandau:

What wisdom? The only gospel in his mouth is money. Anyone who follows this man is in for a loooooooong thing.
Shut up liar ...
You judge a man by what is being carried by the press...
Do you have sense now..
If the press centers on area where he talks about money in his message does that make that the only gospel he preaches..

This one too will call himself a Christian...your type really are the worst type of Christian who Join unbelievers to attack the church of God...

Are u a winners member..I'm very sure u not, yet you sit at home and conclude that he preaches only about money...
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by loswhite(m): 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Foolishness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Chibuzor Chinyere Rejects A Rolls Royce Birthday Gift / Apostle Emmanuel Bako And Wife, Cindy Kidnapped In Kaduna / Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.