Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid (38599 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Amotolongbo(f): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ambassadors:
If it's easy to get people gift and offering to finance your project what are you waiting for? Talk is cheap indeed
That isn’t my way, belief and mentality. Ain’t going to thread that path
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

That is because it's only what news carry about.
I have never seen any Pastor who is so passionate about winning souls every day of his life. He has/is my motivation is kingdom outreach. I have being a very religious Christian seeking for what I can get from God until came in contact with this man and I began to see my greatest work as a born again Christian is winning souls for God and that is our destiny every other thing na jara

This one is never passionate about winning souls, but expanding his business.

All his messages are always about making money. And he is very boastful, always talking about how far he has come (materially) from when God purportedly gave him the vision in 1981.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by huptin(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
SSpeter:
The people you are trying to educate have basic economic knowledge. Hence, do not stress yourself much. They are probably students...

Obviously. Thanks
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by MissionaryArchi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lionnation:
how would you owe anyone when you are recieving tithe and offering first fruit, seed, building levy, did you build any business with your sweath. Nonsense
What is your definition of sweat Sir?
I guess not literally fluid from the face when working under a hash heat weather. Assuming you to be intelligent I should interprete the sweat to value righ?
Now ask yourself if Bishop David Oyedepo has value or not and if he has being dishing to others to partake. That man is just possessing the wisdom the federal government of this country can't afford
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by grandstar(m): 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Strongbest:

Rubbish? Maybe you don't know the meaning of rubbish or you are just too eaten up by hatred that you hate to hear the truth.

Maybe I was harsh but....

Anyway, I have expanded greatly on what I wrote.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Eriokanmi: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Flaxxo01:

Abeg make Dem go hustle Dem follow enjoy d money when he dey alive
lol
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Popjoan1: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Why will I arrest a man who has already condemned himself? The man is already in his way to eternal destruction who whom am I to arrest him?

And if you choose to remain gullible and remain poor why your pastor is busy buying private jets and building mansions that even u in ur entire life can not even come close to the house or even near the gate who am I to stop u?

Keep on decieving urself claiming u are giving to God!
lol,seems your also a "preacher" like him,but a poorer version,when your Messiah was born,he received gifts from the three wise men right,why didn't he reject it? And point of correction,we don't share the same faith/religion.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by legatto(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Daddy Oyedepo is absolutely right.

If you subtract all the loans dangote is owing various banks both locally and international from his networth, dangote won't even make it to 1st 100 richest people in Africa.

This I have seen.
Dangote borrowing more than what he has is not a problem at all because he has the liquidity to back up the borrowing and most especially this is what the majority of the wealthy do world over most time to avoid excessive taxation or tax avoidance.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by MissionaryArchi(m): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

This one is never passionate about winning souls, but expanding his business.

All his messages are always about making money. And he is very boastful, always talking about how far he has come (materially) from when God purportedly gave him the vision in 1981.
Please can you list his material possessions he has ever preached or boast about?
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by omokab: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:

If you subtract all the loans dangote is owing various banks both locally and international from his networth, dangote won't even make it to 1st 100 richest people in Africa.

This I have seen.
my friend the man is not right at all. He's just an opportunist who got money from donation and gift. He doesn't understand the simple economics and financial management . Tell me a rich man or a rich country that doesn't borrow loan more than their net worth . you need capital to finance your project and when you don't have already
Made capital you need to borrow. What you use the money to do is what matter most. Let dangote start operation from his refinery and see the returns on his investment .When a nation is borrowing to finance a capital project which will be of benefit and increase his income definitely is in good direction but when borrowing to finance expenditure that nation is going to collapse. A difference between Jonathan government borrowing to pay expenditure and buari government to finance capital expenditure.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by seyz91(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
Confirm!
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Now I understand the difference between a man who borrowed loans from bank to finance his project and another one who depends on other people’s gift and offering to finance his project.
one is a risk taker while the other is an opportunist

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by DamnnNiggarr: 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
einsteine:

All these don't apply to the US because unlike other countries of the world, their currency is the global reserve currency. This allows them export their inflation. The debts they owe (including the printing of currency) would not have to be paid by actual resources. This is unlike the debt owed by Nigeria for which the resources of the country (crude oil et Al) must be sold to earn Forex to pay back the loan.
I know,
That's why every sensible African country should break free from this IMF rubbish.
Because, world economic policies does not favor any black nation.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by HernanCortes: 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
2mercy:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/11/wealthy-people-with-n1bn-worth-but-owing-banks-n10bn-are-stupid-oyedepo/

But really what's his point? He is not owing banks but some of his congregants rob the Nigerian treasury to pool the 'free' funds he is so proud of. Money doesn't drop out of thin air.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by tradepunter: 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Just like USA with a GDP worth of $24 trillion(2021 estimate) but has a gross external debt of over $21 trillion.

Imagine a country that has annual expenditure of $7 trillion but with annual revenue of $3.4 trillion.

If not that Nigeria's government is not transparent, Nigeria would've been one of the richest country in the world with an annual expenditure of $30 billion and annual revenue of over $50 billion.

I'm not too good in economics but with the knowledge I got in eco101, 102, I can unequivocally tell you that Printing more money doesn’t increase economic output – it only increases the amount of cash circulating in the economy. If more money is printed, consumers are able to demand more goods, but if firms have still the same amount of goods, they will respond by putting up prices. In a simplified model, printing money will just cause inflation.

*Suppose an economy produces $10 million worth of goods; e.g. 1 million books at $10 each. At this time the money supply will be $10 million.

*If the government doubled the money supply, we would still have 1 million books, but people have more money. Demand for books would rise, and in response to higher demand, firms would push up prices.

*The most likely scenario is that if the money supply were doubled, we would have 1 million books sold at $20. The economy is now worth $20 million rather than $10 million. But, the number of goods is exactly the same.

*We can say that the increase in GDP is a money illusion. – True you have more money, but if everything is more expensive, you are not any better off.

*In this simple model, printing more money has made goods more expensive, but hasn’t changed the quantity of goods.

So Mr huptin, why can't Nigeria just print ₦aira to tackle Nigeria's economic mess? Nah! It doesn't work that way.
If only 20 bags of rice is produced in your location, assuming only only 5 people are able to purchase a bag at say 20k out of 100 person's due to lack of money and the government decides to print more money to be in circulation in the economy, and about 50 person's now have cash, now what will happen is that, more people now have cash and it's still 20 bags of rice that is being produced which will lead to high demand for a bag of rice.
Do you know what the producers will do? They will respond by doubling the price of a bag of rice.
I hope it's clear now.

I have never seen Soo much Brian and deep knowledge on this topic before....

Thank God for people like you that took out your time to explain things to low IQ individual who out of hate always blames other people for their misery.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
I think,I disagree..There's difference between investment and debt..investment will pay your debt and increased your wealth.. The man was just talking of envy and jealousy Abeg..
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Basheer22: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Strongbest:

Hahaha. The audacity though. You see what I am saying? You heard they said, unfortunately people of this generation are very gullible and like to hate on people that are way ahead and more than them in all ramifications.

Back to your story, it's a PURE BIG LIE! GOSH!

Look man, desist from carrying fake news about anyone, it doesn't get you far in life. It's a big limitation to destiny.

I said the British government banned Oyedepo due to fraud. Money donated to the church asba registered charity was used to buy stuff in his name. Here is the alert on Oyedepo issued by the British government to British airlines. I have attached it.
If you want more proof, I will give you.

I see you're probably a member of Oyedepo's Church, I'm simply laughing at your stupidity. Your foolishness is legendary but I hope that with time, you give yourself brain. Keep shouting destiny about while you're a mediocre in real life. Go and hustle like Oyedepo and stop living the dream he's selling you. His kids all work in the church, none work outside. You're simply slaves in their empire.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Ogbuide17(m): 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ayemileto:

Based on the full article, I don't think it applies to business men (like Dangote) because they aren't doing big boy around town, and they are not using the loans to purchase liabilities. Instead, they are investing with it.

As for the cost of Dangote refinery, I don't know of banks that borrow people more money than their collateral sha. Maybe they exist and I just don't know.

But, as at when Dangote started his refinery, the cost was supposed to be $8billion (I saw it in newspapers then). I don't know if they changed the initial plan for the cost to have jumped so high, or maybe it's because of inflation.

But, I think the $19billion tag placed on the refinery might be to avoid questioning on the $3.2billion NNPC paid for 20% stake.

Let's not also forget FG sells forex to Dangote at a cheaper rate because of the refinery. So, it might as well be to get much more forex out at a cheaper rate.

What I'm saying is that, it might not cost up to the $19billion price tag. The price could have been inflated for several reasons. shocked

Fulani= Nigeria is our piggy bank
Nigeria is poor right now; let him continue building his refinery nah. grin
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by omokab: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ayemileto:

Based on the full article, I don't think it applies to business men (like Dangote) because they aren't doing big boy around town, and they are not using the loans to purchase liabilities. Instead, they are investing with it.

As for the cost of Dangote refinery, I don't know of banks that borrow people more money than their collateral sha. Maybe they exist and I just don't know.

But, as at when Dangote started his refinery, the cost was supposed to be $8billion (I saw it in newspapers then). I don't know if they changed the initial plan for the cost to have jumped so high, or maybe it's because of inflation.

But, I think the $19billion tag placed on the refinery might be to avoid questioning on the $3.2billion NNPC paid for 20% stake.

Let's not also forget FG sells forex to Dangote at a cheaper rate because of the refinery. So, it might as well be to get much more forex out at a cheaper rate.

What I'm saying is that, it might not cost up to the $19billion price tag. The price could have been inflated for several reasons. shocked
financial institutions can borrow you more than your worth .sometimes they borrow you without any collateral .it is called borrowing on TRUST . callipers of dangote can borrow money on TRUST because of their level of investment and long time business success all over the world .
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Verysmart101: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ayemileto:

In Nigeria here,banks give politicians money without collateral.Business men like Dangote,Otedola,Adenuga etc collect loans more than their collateral.The risk involved is that if the said investment fails to yeild returns,u lose everything.Etisalat is a good case study in Nigeria.After taking $1,000,000,000 loan for their biz,they couldn't pay up.Wat happened nxt their assessts were taken over by NCC.So in actual sense Oyedepo was right.He handles money and knows Wats involved.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Verysmart101: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
omokab:
my friend the man is not right at all. He's just an opportunist who got money from donation and gift. He doesn't understand the simple economics. Tell me a rich man or a rich country that doesn't borrow loan more than their net worth . you need capital to finance your project and when you don't have already
Made capital you need to borrow. What you use the money to do is what matter most. Let dangote start operation from his refinery and see the returns on his investment .When a nation is borrowing to finance a capital project which will be of benefit and increase his income definitely is in good direction but when borrowing to finance expenditure that nation is going to collapse. A difference between Jonathan government borrowing to pay expenditure and buari government to finance capital expenditure.

Other countries borrow money to finance projects that fail too.Example the Chinese taking over Entebe airport cos of failed returns on loans
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
SmartPolician:
Most of us don't know that we are better than many people we consider wealthy because they live on loans from banks.

The funny thing is that the money are ours.
cheesy
I think, you're a novice,Y a person borrowing loan is better than we?Do you know,what it takes to borrowed a loan in bank?..please don't compare..very big difference..
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
essandor:
words of wisdom from my pastor
Do you say word of wisdom? I lol...
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by jerryjerry: 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bishop David Oyedepo, speaking at a mid-week communion service at Canaanland,said THERE IS A KIND OF WISDOM THAT MADE ONE LOOKED LIKED THEY ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD.
“It is not found in the land of the living, there is no point going around looking for it, it can not be found in the land of the living. It is not in the philosophers, it is not with the rich, no matter how much money you amass, it is not equal to wealth.
“There are MANY STUPID wealthy PEOPLE WHO ARE OWING MORE THAN THEY OWN. Your net worth is 1 billion and you are owing 10 billion. That is – 9 billion, is that wisdom? And you will be doing big boy around town but the banks know you are a small boy. “The day they die, they may sell their wives. WISDOM GIVES PEACE SO WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE AT PEACE THEY DON'T BELIEVE YOU
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
tempest01:
This isn't a wise take from Pst Oyedepo.

In order to create wealth, you need capital.

In his area of operation there is a multitude who directly and indirectly contribute to their capital. Ordinary business people don't have that.

They need to source for capital with debt. As long as their debt to equity ratio is kept healthy, you can take that risk, take that debt and invest wisely .

Those that are not wise are those with no investments and living on stolen money still taking on Loans.

Ideally you should take loans to expand on an already working enterprise that can service the loan.

In order to create wealth you need capital but not the one you are trying to corner common mans paltry savings in the name of bank borrowing and raising capital from stock exchange through fictitious and manipulated financial reports.

What Bishop Oyedepo was saying is that these so called richmen are highly geared that the ratio of their wealth to their debt burden is too high and there is no wisdom in that.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
Yomit71:
Some people make borrowing a way of life, it's a sickness. Even when they have the money at hand they still prefer to buy on loan.
You have #100k in your account and you can't buy a phone of #30k freely without loan. why?
it's poor and poverty mentality.. Not reasonable at all..
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
MrRemedyAlagbo:
He's right though, always live within your means
He's not right, unless with better clarification..
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
dawnomike:
I think i really need to read this over again to understand better...
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
vince96w2:
That's not true..Personal money is different from company money.. secondly for him to get 19m his asserts will be more than that..19m is a loan now but when it's paid it bcoms an assert.. remember that's d only refinary that will be functional in Nigeria..His fuel will finish and we will need additional to balance out demand ...Dangote can't be used in ur analogy because there is diffrence btw borrowing to flex and borrowing to invest..
Thanks for diffenciating,The man fail to classified between borrowing to invest,and borrowing to flex..both concept aren't the same.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
SmartPolician:
Most of us don't know that we are better than many people we consider wealthy because they live on loans from banks.

The funny thing is that the money are ours.
cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by ezewealth(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
grandstar:
He is saying rubbish.

There are some businesses that are extremely dependent on debt or leveraging. One is the real estate market for instance,

In America for instance, you can buy a property with 10% down. So. let's say you purchase a property for $100m. You put only $10m.

The rent takes care of mortgage interest. You now decide to sell the property after 2 years for $115m. You have made $15m profit with only $10m. There are even instances you don't put any money down as long as you can service the mortgage, you're good. So, you make $15m with no money down at all. That is making money from thin air.

The petroleum industry I have learned in Nigeria is highly leveraged. Turnover is where the profit is. Imagine you borrow 10billion to import diesel and you sell it at 10.8bn, you've made 800m profit. Imagine you do that 4 times a year? That is 3.2bn for you. At times, you've sold the product before it even reaches the port.

Oyedepo should focus on preaching salvation instead of prosperity, especially in today's world, where worrying dark clouds are becoming frequent

Your head dey dia bro. That is making good use of debt. DAT is the only diff between rich and poor minds. Most billionaire makes dIA money without sweat with debt
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by grandstar(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
ezewealth:

Your head dey dia bro. That is making good use of debt. DAT is the only diff between rich and poor minds. Most billionaire makes dIA money without sweat with debt

Thank you bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad / Photo: Apc Church Now In Aba / Apostle Emmanuel Bako And Wife, Cindy Kidnapped In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.