Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change (50300 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by cayorday89(m): 6:40am On Mar 15, 2022
Munzy14:

First, I see a low self esteem case in you..

Many people, even married people are in your condition...Doing the job for the bills...Nothing else..
Whoever employed and pay you, is like a god you have here....With the talk down on boss mentality, are you sure you can be a boss? I doubt.

2Million is meagre to you? Another case of lack of confidence in yourself..Some people who live in flats with a car, may not even have upto 100k in account...Just one shady deals to another but using packaging to mess your ego.

You work 12hours, you still have time to engage in side hustles...Use it to test how hard it is to start and grow a business in out volatile Economy, then you will learn to appreciate your boss...You think it is easy sad employ just one person and you will know humans are the worst animal to control on earth. We are too stubborn.

Lastly, the marriage talk @30 you are putting yourself under unnecessary pressure, mind you, depression is real..
Guys wise up, you must have that mental, psychological and a bit financial security before you will go and frustrate somebody's daughter.

You might be a bit financial secured, but from your write up, you seem indicisive undecided such men don't make good husband...I mean how you be soo scared of your little achievements and so unsure of yourself @30.

As a man, life starts @30...Your life just started..Go and conquer your world...You started well and on a fair table.
Your 2million should be saved in dollars If you are not using it in the next 5months...Or you go for a genuim landed property if you are not going to use the 2million in the next 2-3years..When the land appreciates you resell and take your capital and profit.

At this stage, you must learn to move at your pace..the only competition you need is you, and yourself...Working smart to double whatever you have...And strive to marry at 35.....

Remove yourself from peer pressure...you are now a man...How confident you are is a what makes you super attractive for the woman you are going to settle down with...

No age is small to change career in tech world if it is your passion.
Thanks for this post, it addresses me in more ways than I thought of....
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by zexy2030(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Betterprospect:
Good day Nairalander. I'm single, 30 years old. I studied agriculture related course at University level, and I presently worked in that field and I earned about 120k monthly.

I feel unfulfilled and I'm lacking interest day after day. The unfulfillment brewed mostly from my bosses egoistic and narcissistic approach to his employee, the insane working hours, and the lack of liberty, and most importantly, I feel I could do better. Now I have a meagre 2 million naira saved up, small? I know. Buy I'd like to pursue my passion in tech albeit from ground zero.

Now my dilemma is:

1. Seeing that I'm old and already past my prime for a career change at 30 yrs old, does a pursue of another career make sense?

2. Knowing that 2 million is small and would not last long. Does is it make sense to just up and leave?

3. I have a small biz I ideal which I feel could give me close to 50k monthly, but thing is, this is Nigeria and I might be wrong.

4. Should I just suck it up and continue for another year or two? Everyone I asked seems to think I should.

P,S. I worked 12 hours a day and its impossible I merge the two together.

My dear I don't know your gender.

If you are male, target 32 to settle down with a woman start a relationship now.

If you are female you may marry now but I wish you birth your kids abroad to secure a better future.

About your career development, alot of opportunities online, gone are days u attend classrooms, classrooms now exist in the clouds. Just download an app on ur phone that would help you organize yourself and keep focused. Get trained remotely, have less sleep.

You earn *5 of what I earn and also far older than you unmarried. But I'm not worried about it because I still have focus, my plans are written down. When the privilege comes I won't loose guard.

Don't leave your job. I have not gotten any reasonable since I left one because of boss's behaviour.
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by gokesoye: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
I am 28, I resigned from the microfinance bank I was working last December paying me 65k. I am currently teaching in a school paying less than 40k Soo I can use the little time to learn data analysis. My bank account is 0 and I am still owning online loan apps close to 10k. I am owning my mum 85k the money I borrowed to buy a used laptop to learn tech. I still live with my 65 year old dad and I don't even have a girlfriend talkless of marriage. Yet I am happy always

Brother, Be grateful and be happy. Better days ahead

4 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Fortune118005(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2022
BusinessDream:
You should see it bro. I think it is all tariff that gets it. A lot of people have it but they are not using it and it is just wasting away. Check your phone when u sub data... if you don't see it, let me know.
I did not see it
How can I subscribe to it?
I need YouTube seriously!
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by BusinessDream: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Fortune118005:

I did not see it
How can I subscribe to it?
I need YouTube seriously!

Try this

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Peeruty: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2022
BusinessDream:

Yes, take the leap bro. 30? A 55 year old woman recently learned to coding.. even people in their 60s are going back to school. What matter most if your focus and dedication because there 20somethings that can't achieve anything.

Start learning with youtube... and give yourself 2-3 years and you will be good at coding.

Most Telecom orgs now offer FREE youtube data. MTN starts at 11pm to 5am. Just dedicate 1 hour every night to practice while learning.

I used it to learn graphics design at night before I sleep and this is what I designed. After one month, I designed the attached

The best and fastest way to learn is by taking up a project and trying your hands on it. I learned this hack here on nairaland and it helped me master graphics design faster.

I will move to UX ( I learned graphics design to help me master UX design faster) after that and then I will learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript...

It can be done bro... believe me.

Pls can you share with me sites, resources you used to learn the graphic design?
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by BusinessDream: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2022
Peeruty:

Pls can you share with me sites, resources you used to learn the graphic design?
I used Youtube only.

Let's say they are designing flyers for a car wash business, I make sure I do everything I see them do in the video. That is the best way to master it.

Below are channels I used:

https://www.youtube.com/c/PhotoshopCreativeTV

https://www.youtube.com/c/AppleGraphicStudiobd

https://www.youtube.com/c/Grapocean

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjkKcE0k8TVh8c71iLRxgNw

1 Like

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Fortune118005(m): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
BusinessDream:

Try this

Thank you very much
I appreciate
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by BusinessDream: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Fortune118005:

Thank you very much
I appreciate
did it work?
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by seanjy4konji: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
You need to be investigated for calling 2 million naira small in this Buhari goverment...

Abi bomb deh your head?
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by doshiyad1: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Loewe:

Just to correct the above- there are people in their 40s & 50s who changed careers successfully.

You aren't past your career prime, don't be fooled. 30 is still very much young.

Absolutely!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story / Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer / Groundnut Hawker Wearing Suit And Tie (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.