Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change (50297 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Shellsploit: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
cry
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Elidrisy20: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
No commit suicide ooo

3 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Brendaniel: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
stay focused on your dreams and pray about it too...

1 Like

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Hayomide19: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
E be things oh
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by eddie7: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
It's quite pathetic and touching, I know so cos I've been there. You'll scale through its just a matter of time cos I came out of that WOOD. ..now married with a very stable job

YOURS MUST SURELY COME IN JESUS NAME

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
ameristu:
You are not too old for a career change, people at over 40 still just start school, so what are you saying?

Seems you are not happy with what you are currently doing, you would live longer if you are doing something that makes you happy and less money than what is not making you happy and more money, the choice is yours.

No mind the dull man.
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by ukaface(f): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
All I can say is you don't know how lucky you are.
There is no approved age to stop gaining knowledge.
Analyse the pros and cons of whatever action you tend to do.

And, you seem depressed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by prophetic69(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
At least your own better you get job...most graduate dey over 30yrs no job talk more of savings and settling down....baba get your priorities right joe.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by ChyjoskyJ: 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:
Good day Nairalander. I'm single, 30 years old. I studied agriculture related course at University level, and I presently worked in that field and I earned about 120k monthly.

I feel unfulfilled and I'm lacking interest day after day. The unfulfillment brewed mostly from my bosses egoistic and narcissistic approach to his employee, the insane working hours, and the lack of liberty, and most importantly, I feel I could do better. Now I have a meagre 2 million naira saved up, small? I know. Buy I'd like to pursue my passion in tech albeit from ground zero.

Now my dilemma is:

1. Seeing that I'm old and already past my prime for a career change at 30 yrs old, does a pursue of another career make sense?

2. Knowing that 2 million is small and would not last long. Does is it make sense to just up and leave?

3. I have a small biz I ideal which I feel could give me close to 50k monthly, but thing is, this is Nigeria and I might be wrong.

4. Should I just suck it up and continue for another year or two? Everyone I asked seems to think I should.

P,S. I worked 12 hours a day and its impossible I merge the two together.

So you think you are old at 30, that is your biggest challenge. If you think like this you might not go far in life.

My dear you are just starting life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by FireUpNow(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
@30 you can still change career if you like to after all you haven't married so no worries about wife and kids. Save up more money and pursue your dream boy! Ignore your boss's attitude

5 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by jaxxy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:
Good day Nairalander. I'm single, 30 years old. I studied agriculture related course at University level, and I presently worked in that field and I earned about 120k monthly.

I feel unfulfilled and I'm lacking interest day after day. The unfulfillment brewed mostly from my bosses egoistic and narcissistic approach to his employee, the insane working hours, and the lack of liberty, and most importantly, I feel I could do better. Now I have a meagre 2 million naira saved up, small? I know. Buy I'd like to pursue my passion in tech albeit from ground zero.

Now my dilemma is:

1. Seeing that I'm old and already past my prime for a career change at 30 yrs old, does a pursue of another career make sense?

2. Knowing that 2 million is small and would not last long. Does is it make sense to just up and leave?

3. I have a small biz I ideal which I feel could give me close to 50k monthly, but thing is, this is Nigeria and I might be wrong.

4. Should I just suck it up and continue for another year or two? Everyone I asked seems to think I should.

Nothing as sickening as working for a terrible and sadistic boss bt u have to suck it up and deal with it.

Have a clear idea of what u want to achieve that makes u happy.

Then have a day to day or weekly/monthly plan to achieve it. Then start!

SAVE more before u leave cos u need enough backup and see how to scale up ur current side business to be more reliable b4 u leave

See ur work for now as a temporary means to a end and nothing more.

And Yes at 30 or more u can still forge a new career path. IT is even easier cos the skills and certifications are online.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Phillip2see: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Please leave the job, but before you leave, try and introduce to your boss so that I can replace you.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Anon4: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Sucre6:
My friend will you keep quiet, most people are 45 married and unhappy with more than 3 kids, wicked boss, stiff working condition, works from Monday to Sunday and their salary Nah 25k

You ain't got nothing to be sad about, it's either you plan to establish ya self and be ya own boss or you continue working, plan ya life, save some more and get married before you clock 35 or whatever rocks Ya boat.

who are u to tell him he has no right to be sad?

1 Like

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Microwhy: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
You're in agro sector with 2 million naira in savings account.
You're in the right sector with appropriate capital, network with people that will clear way for you mumu old man.
I changed from telecom to agricultural sector.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by toxtimmy: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but you have low self esteem... There is a great and wonderful reason why you walk this earth and it's up to you to become the CEO of yourself and surround yourself with maximum 5 people that give you positive energy and mindset.

Do stuff that will also make you sweat like play football or any sports or activities... Get outdoors as nothing good will happen to anybody that never leaves their house.

Betterprospect:

Now my dilemma is:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by ASPIREX: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:

Now my dilemma is:

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by marylandcakes: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Find a hobby
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Anon4: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Phillip2see:
Please leave the job, but before you leave, try and introduce to your boss so that I can replace you.
wtf nigga
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by webizone(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
See this O.P. o. If I tell you my own problem, you go thank God for the one wey u think say u get. Still yet, I don hear people problem con understand say I no even get problem. Our problem be say we dey see our mate wey dey do pass us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Neddyogu(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Can I call this one midlife crises or what? This is the story of most people in their 30s. Issa phase that would pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Exceldan: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
QuinModah:
sad

Seriously now i believe the saying that those genders have nothing else to contribute else than sexual gratification. Just imagine the response of all the females on this sensitive topic. No insult intended oh
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by ASPIREX: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:

Now my dilemma is:

Your impetus lies in one sentence...as bolded.
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Shikena(m): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Happiness is a personal choice. That's why you see those poor people with clear signs of suffering looking happy. Count your blessings, be happy, pick one of many available strategies with short term and long term goals and keep moving. Remember, a huge number of people would gladly trade places with you, not because they are lazy, some are just not lucky with their health. Be happy dude, that is the most important first step for you.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by sukkot: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
2 milion naira is tiny money ? thats like 4000 dollars. OP is trolling

6 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by rajiedreez: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Carry 2 odd with the 2million and boom!!! U don make 4million be that.

Or gbim!!! The odd no com and u chop beans be that.

Are u wynin me ni 2million na small money ke. Save up more and quit ur job since you're not happy.

Guy face front

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Anon4: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Microwhy:
30 old in Nigeria settings?
YES. Life expectancy in Nigeria is 55years
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by yesloaded: 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:

Now my dilemma is:

Don't quit your job yet bro

You can create separate time to learn the tech stuff, build yourself in the tech field to great level

Ensure that you are well established & making it big in any of your new career before thinking about quitting your job

No big deal about 30yrs, we are talking about your life infact some people don't have gf at age of 30 not to talk of getting married. Don't get me wrong, if you are financially, emotionally, & mentally stable at 25yrs nothing stops you from getting married at the age. Marriage is beyond matter of age

I wish you the best

3 Likes

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Anon4: 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
rajiedreez:
Carry 2 odd with the 2million and boom!!! U don make 4million be that
bad adviser
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Are you a male or female?
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Pootle: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
buy corolla 2004 start e-hecking no time...take my advice and tank me later

1 Like

Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Bigchristo: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
Betterprospect:

Now my dilemma is:

What you need to do is try to invest that your 2m at your bank in buying treasury bills or fist deposit for a period of time do not look at those juices offer for private investment otherwise you will be dealing with scammers, continue your work and also continue saving more money for another investment project hold at least 10 m in total then invest quarter of it into the business Idea you said it can be giving you 50 monthly as at then you can quite your job and focus on your business while your bank investment still runs then you will never go back looking for a job again.
Re: I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change by Microwhy: 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Loewe:

Just to correct the above- there are people in their 40s who changed careers successfully. You haven't passed your career prime, don't be fooled. 30 is still very much young.
30yo said he's old..
At what age do most Nigerians finish their 1st degree.
ASUU are already embarking on another 2 month strike.
My friend just collected his exemption letter from NYSC @40 meaning, he is looking for another opportunity and opening of another chapter in his life.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story / Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer / Groundnut Hawker Wearing Suit And Tie (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.