Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,335 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile (42210 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Huge Crocodile Killed In Umunze, Anambra & Taken Home On A Bike / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Allisgud: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Where do I get zebra meat
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by knowhowk: 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
That is not a Crocodile ,it's a Big Lizard .... shocked
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Enny2013(f): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Baby crocodile...Yinmu
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by SaturnNick(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
Crocs will soon go extinct be that
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by LeoMaxtalk: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
US WEY NEVER EAT AM NOW MAKE WE SALIVATE. OPPRESSION EVERYWHERE
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Chicken eats rats kwa??

Even if they do, they are not carnivores.

Yes they are not, but they still devour flesh. Anytime you buy live chicken (that's if you do) if you can get a live gecko, rat, small lizard, drop it for the fowl, and see it in action.

My main point is that whatever people eat, as far as it's culturally acceptable to them, it's not rubbish. Some people find common snails disgusting, but to some it's a special delicacy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by udomma1005(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
I need to eat this protein very soon!
I have eaten the cousin, Iguana cool

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Bbbw: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Warlord12(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Yes they are not, but they still devour flesh. Anytime you buy live chicken (that's if you do) if you can get a live gecko, rat, small lizard, drop it for the fowl, and see it in action.

My main point is that whatever people eat, as far as it's culturally acceptable to them, it's not rubbish. Some people find common snails disgusting, but to some it's a special delicacy.

Even small snake sef dem go chop am
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by mechanics(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by ButterBurger: 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Croc can sweet en.
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by martinslaura: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
Tallesty1:
Has a python kind of taste

Does anyone know where I can get it to eat.? I'm seriously craving for this.
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Cousin9999: 2:51am On Mar 30, 2022
It's common to find it in Florida restaurants. It's a premium item.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by greatseed: 4:29am On Mar 30, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter user and Nigerian food critic shares his experience eating crocodile.

In his words:

SOURCE

Would you eat a crocodile?
I definitely wouldn’t. Crocodile??!
Imagine the number of baby crocodiles they have to kill to meet their demand.

Would you eat this? grin
I know it's gluttons that have appetite for just anything, some of them can even try a well garnished human flesh unknowingly & not suspect, cos they concentrate more on eating anything than what they are actually eating. I can't stand them undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by rowrowland: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2022
pocohantas:

If I show you a picture of the plantain ....... It got black. I didn’t say spoiled o. grin
Because you moved it around or touched it several times. Next time just place it on a sack or leave it alone for a few days until it ripens .
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Mar 30, 2022
rowrowland:

Because you moved it around or touched it several times. Next time just place it on a sack or leave it alone for a few days until it ripens .

I didn’t move it around or touch it. I actually forgot about its existence for weeks.

It ripened and over-ripened.
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:29am On Mar 30, 2022
"With a strong bush meat smell" That's a no for me
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Midastorch(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

instagrammers falling hand everyday

african crocs are all freshwater - suprised poco , our resident national geographic expat did not pick this tongue

My brother, I'm very surprised someone will expect crocodile to taste like seafood when sea is not it's natural habitat...you see some people just went to school, they did not learn anything....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Sleekfingers: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nice...... I haven't eaten crocodile in awhile....na to plan to visit Epe. Make I go eat roasted crocodile and fresh palm wine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by chatinent: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Human beings like eating rubbish. How can anyone eat a carnivore?? I can't eat what eats flesh.

Catfish you love eat flesh too.
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by StUriah(m): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
But you can eat all sorts of Fish. Fish sef dey eat fish.

Eja ni eja n je ti eja fi n sanra

Ishilove:

Human beings like eating rubbish. How can anyone eat a carnivore?? I can't eat what eats flesh.
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Preciouschinwe(f): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
As in real crocodile, abi monitor lizard?
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Swiftgrp: 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
pocohantas:
Twitter user and Nigerian food critic shares his experience eating crocodile.

In his words:

SOURCE

Would you eat a crocodile?
I definitely wouldn’t. Crocodile??!
Imagine the number of baby crocodiles they have to kill to meet their demand.

Would you eat this? grin
Interesting taste of exotica for the Chef. I wouldn't eat that though because crocs are vicious canivores that have maimed humans in the recent past.

Turkey, chicken... White meat (sans red meat) all the way. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Swiftgrp: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Nice...... I haven't eaten crocodile in awhile....na to plan to visit Epe. Make I go eat roasted crocodile and fresh palm wine

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / The Giant Scaly Fish That Stephanie Okereke Saw / What our kids requested for as lunch at school and what they got as lunch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.