Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50723 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
foolbuster:
That the man belongs to a sect does not automatically mean he explicitly does whatever the sect demands, especially in life-threatening situations. Atleast let him make the decision himself if he is confirmed to be of sound mind and body.
That you are a legal guardian or whatever does not mean there are no consequences for actions you take on behalf of your subject. The woman went against the directives of professionals, this is a pure case of manslaughter.

You are a guardian to a kid the kid gets bitten by a poisonous snake you take the child to the hospital the medics directs clearly that she should be given anti-venom or the child dies, you decide not to and signs documents accepting the blame should anything happen, the child dies, what do you call that, isn't it manslaughter?
Read up on JWs and their beliefs about these things to better understand how theirs is different from yours. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Testimony1988(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
She was wrong to have taken that decision alone, and I don't see anything wrong with blood transfusion since it's for saving lives.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
duro4chang:
It happens daily around the world but you cannot feel it because you are not directly involved.
Now I see you are more focused on me than on discussing the issue here. Well, Goodluck! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by aribisala0(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The meaning of POA is an all encompassing law. It means the same thing worldwide...,....

Over finances, medical and health decisions etc etc ......

It's like handing over your life decisions, to another trusted person. ........

Very powerful document........

Means the same thing worldwide? Is that the case in Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan

I advise you to cultivate the habit of saying you do not know when you do not know.

That is the only way to learn

I know from the UK e.g. That there is Specific legislation for "Lasting Power of Attorney" which may extend to Healthcare decisions but the "Donee" of the Power would need to approach the Court of Protection

If the medical staff or the donor’s friends and family disagree about whether the treatment should be given

Now the reason I ask is this in the UK is a 2008 legislation . It is quite new and not one of the laws Nigeria inherited from Colonial times. So your assumption on universality is just that. Power of attorney in Nigeria generally applies to commercial and business activities e.g Caretaker of property. It is not conceivable that such power would extend to healthcare decisions without legislation
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Britishpea: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
elganzar:

The person I quoted _ asked if such law exists, he didn't ask in Nigeria... I replied yes to let him/you know there is the possibility of its existence in Nigeria...

Maybe you're right, maybe you're not_ right now I do not know...Honestly, i don't even care

Such law doesn’t exist in Nigeria saying authoritatively. I could quote so many texts but no need. Most important thing here is such exists not in Nigeria. However, I won’t refer to foreign lands because I never know the international law surrounding the point of discussion. Well you cared the moment you delved into it. But from now, you might stop being caring about it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
OrdinaryNigeria:
It is wrong.
Being married does not mean she own his life.
No one said anything about her owning his life. A guardian isn't one that owns the life of another but is instead on that makes decisions on behalf of another who is unable to for one reason or another. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:
In that case the man failed to protect his wife. He should have left explicit instructions so there would be no ambiguity.

This is Nigeria and the woman will be found liable unless she can lawyer up.

Even then. It is more likely to be a case of who can settle the police more.
I completely agree with you on this! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Emalex116: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Iote author=Kobojunkiee post=111061191] Death is never a joke.
So, the husband was also a Jehovah's witness? Well, case closed. undecided[/quote]
The husband cud b a Jehovah witness bt might not be aware of d rule and if he was alive cud have taken a different decision
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Emalex116:

The husband cud b a Jehovah witness bt might not be aware of d rule and if he was alive cud have taken a different decision
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Akanoaaa(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

Ori e ti daru
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by foolbuster: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Read up on JWs and their beliefs about these things to better understand how theirs is different from yours. undecided

Answer the question.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by UMUAZEE: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You are lying! undecided

Lying Lol
Guy rest joor.. u don't know what you are talking about.
Listen, if the hospital had supply of blood and it was free do you think they would have asked the woman to sign anything? This issue came up because they told the woman to go buy blood and the religion excuse came up and they told her to sign document thst she is responsible for her husband's death..
If Nigeria had free healthcare this probably wouldn't have happened.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by GIdiata(m): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Why would she have to consult those who are considered infidels by the JW cult standard in such thing when even the law does not mandate she communicate these things to them. undecided

I hope your husband sees all the comments u made as regards dis case (that's if you are married)
I'm pretty sure u plan on poisoning him to death after which u would tell the world he was your property hence, u don't need his family's permission to to do him what you like.

Fear women. they are evil

They will do anything and everything to defend their genders' evil act. especially when they have plans to do something worse
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by evy800(f): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
cococandy:
It’s sad but it is what it is.

I once had a 17 year old patient whose parents wouldn’t give permission for her to be transfused as she lay there in the ICU dying. Heartbreaking doesn’t begin to define how I felt. It’s not like they didn’t love her, but they were concerned that transfusing her would condemn her in the afterlife and they believe the resurrection is better to look forward to than this present existence.

Had to get the ethics team involved and we had talks about emergency legal emancipation from her parents so she could make her own decisions. It was a mess.

I'm curious...how did it pan out?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
foolbuster:
ignorance is bliss grin
Oh,but you want to argue blindly? undecided

No, do read up on these things so you understand their reasons and why there really isn't much you can do or say where this sort of thing are concerned. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by sylve11: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

I can't even suggest it else I will be beating here ooo.

Seems you deserve the beating actually. grin cool
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
aribisala0:

Means the same thing worldwide? Is that the case in Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan

I advise you to cultivate the habit of saying you do not know when you do not know.

That is the only way to learn

I know from the UK e.g. That there is Specific legislation for "Lasting Power of Attorney" which may extend to Healthcare decisions but the "Donee" of the Power would need to approach the Court of Protection

If the medical staff or the donor’s friends and family disagree about whether the treatment should be given

Now the reason I ask is this in the UK is a 2008 legislation . It is quite new and not one of the laws Nigeria inherited from Colonial times. So your assumption on universality is just that. Power of attorney in Nigeria generally applies to commercial and business activities e.g Caretaker of property. It is not conceivable that such power would extend to healthcare decisions without legislation

I have told you numerous times, to ask a lawyer...... I cannot help you anymore........

I clearly stated sane societies. ........
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by MPESA(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Obagofixxy:

I swear, so because Jehovah witness don't allow blood transfusion, she had to allow the man to die, Omo if I be the relative ehhh, everybody wey dey present there go college woto woto, highest them go admit all of us again , Na the family de pay for hospital bill ohhhh..... I think say Jehovah witness Don go into extinction

The thing really paining me.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by foolbuster: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Oh,but you want to argue blindly? undecided

No, do read up on these things so you understand their reasons and why there really isn't much you can do or say where this sort of thing are concerned. undecided
Answer the question first.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by duro4chang(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Now I see you are more focused on me than on discussing the issue here. Well, Goodluck! undecided
Not at all . It is your approach that doesnt go down well with me . Just imagine, the woman will be tagged a murderer. If she had informed the family things like this should not have taken place.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
UMUAZEE:
Lying Lol
Guy rest joor.. u don't know what you are talking about.
Listen, if the hospital had supply of blood and it was free do you think they would have asked the woman to sign anything? This issue came up because they told the woman to go buy blood and the religion excuse came up and they told her to sign document thst she is responsible for her husband's death..
If Nigeria had free healthcare this probably wouldn't have happened.
I can tell you have have actually been to a hospital before or you are just being fasicious. Have you ever actually looked closely at the mountains of consent forms you sign up for right right the door into the hospital to know exactly what it is your are agreeing to or you just sign an Waka without paying attention? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pootle: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
as i always say religion enslave you...keep you captive and at the end impede on your sanity.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by elganzar(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Britishpea:

Such law doesn’t exist in Nigeria saying authoritatively. I could quote so many texts but no need. Most important thing here is such exists not in Nigeria. However, I won’t refer to foreign lands because I never know the international law surrounding the point of discussion. Well you cared the moment you delved into it. But from now, you might stop being caring about it.

I do not care if you're right or wrong_ I do feel for the parents though, especially the mother.

I'll make my own research on the existence of such laws_ your stand/opinion though subjective, is noted.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by aribisala0(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I have told you numerous times, to ask a lawyer...... I cannot help you anymore........
I am asking YOU about what YOU said which really has no basis. I do not need to ask any lawyer about YOU aid

YOU said it no any lawyer
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
foolbuster:

Answer the question first.
The man belonged to a sect and may have explicitly given his wife his will should such a situation arise. She may have infact carried out the man's choice and will in this. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
aribisala0:
I am asking YOU about what YOU said which really has no basis. I do not need to ask any lawyer about YOU aid

YOU said it no any lawyer

No point pushing this any further......... I cannot help you anymore.......
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
duro4chang:
Not at all . It is your approach that doesnt go down well with me . Just imagine, the woman will be tagged a murderer. If she had informed the family things like this should not have taken place.
So, I was right in pointing out that you seem more interested in attacking my message instead of the issue, so Goodluck! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by UMUAZEE: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I can tell you have have actually been to a hospital before or you are just being fasicious. Have you ever actually looked closely at the mountains of consent forms you sign up for right right the door into the hospital to know exactly what it is your are agreeing to or you just sign an Waka without paying attention? undecided

I have not done any major surgery that requires me signing documents.. however focusing on the topic of this woman, doctors here will not need permission to give blood for a sugery they are already performing.

And if anybody denies someone their rights to life because of religious beliefs or personal beliefs that person is going to jail..
Here no be like Nigeria where una carry religion for head and pastors get rich on your destinies..
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by ImaIma1(f): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Palema007:
Omoh....the wife just allow her husband to die because of church doctrine. The least the church can do will be to denounce them and they will go for another denomination.

In cases like this, the wife should have informed the husband's family too before making the decision but then all these devotees can be something else at times.

The annoying part is that some of the leaders in the JW will quietly accept and give blood tranfusions when faced with such a situation. But the followers will blindly follow man made doctrines.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lekan239(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:

Ok
There's enough blame to go round, actually.
The wife takes blame for prioritizing religious beliefs over evidence based medicine.

The husband also takes the blame, because by signing up to become a JW, he invariably agreed to all their terms and conditions including no blood transfusion even for life saving conditions. The wife was only following his example.

The doctor also has some part of the blood, for agreeing to do the surgery knowing the strong stand of JWs against blood transfusion and not providing alternative measures.
I am very confident that if the Jehovah witness general oversear is in a position of death or take blood transfusion, he will definitely take blood transfusion codedly.

Nobody wan die

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

What Causes This Stain In Pants? (Photos) / Miss Sahhara Undergoes Corrective Surgery / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.