Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50850 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
. So I should be paying bills while you take life threatening decisions without consulting me. Madness and foolishness at it's peak.
They should press charges at once. It's unlawful.
Did the man himself hide the fact that he was JW from his folks , or the fact that he signed a no blood transfusion DPA from them? undecided

https://wol.jw.org/asf/wol/d/r428/lp-aus/1102017532

I am of the mind that the family is here looking for someone to take our their grief on. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
jikins:

Most of the times those decisions are on minors not full grown individuals. And for the few you see that the court overruled, there are many more that they didn't. Each case is different. In a case like this there's hardly anything the judge can do because the man himself is a jehovah witness, if he wasn't then chance they.

Do you also want me to post cases of fully grown adults, or you would research it yourself.. .... ....
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Stanleyq: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Them Sabi fvck oo. Then next Friday they will carry bible around . I had one I fvcked in those days and she takes me to her church lol
hahaha. That one u Bleep, come to say im body need blood, she go claim say she no wan sin, forgeting say she don sin with u.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
. Which marriage law mr.man. can you cite the relevant sections of the said marriage laws?
It's dumb and ignorant fellows like you that go about leading illiterate village women astray, claiming to be educated.
Again, even in Nigeria, marriage law sets a man's family as first his immediate in marriage - the man as defacto guardian to wife and vice versa. undecided

It is pretty much the same everywhere with marriage, except maybe Muslim countries. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Franklerry: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
We are all dead in the long run

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by jikins(m): 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Do you also want me to post cases of fully grown adults, or you would research it yourself.. .... ....

Did you understand what I mean when I said the word most and each case is different?

Since you have the time do well to show me cases where both spouses were JW and the court overruled
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by HISSCRIBE1995: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

Are you a Jehovah witness ?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Origin(f): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
Yes one can deny or accept medical care based on beliefs and yes spouses are legal guardian of each other.

If the husband had given authority to not transfuse, even family members would not void that request - just like a DNR.

But the situation will be hard for the husband's family.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dnockeror333:

Nobody wan die ko? Then that is fear! Death (being renewed) is better than continues living on the organ/blood of someone else.
Lol. The issue with death is not the experience itself, it's the fact that the afterlife has remained a mystery, whether good or bad nobody knows
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by prophetfire: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Did the man himself hide the fact that he was JW from his folks , or the fact that he signed a no blood transfusion DPA from them? undecided

https://wol.jw.org/asf/wol/d/r428/lp-aus/1102017532

I am of the mind that the family is here looking for someone to take our their grief on. undecided
Did the man mandate her to take such decisions? Can she prove it in writing?
That woman is very foolish and the in-laws will surely make life unbearable for her. I just imagine what she is going through now.
Look even among dumb religious folks, there's something called wisdom and it's of God.
When weighty decisions come up, apply wisdom.
When stage go red, those dumb witnesses would abandon her and she would live with the guilt and stigma forever.
Wisdom Mr man, wisdom. This singular decision can wreck her life totally and remember, she and her husband are broke and depending on the husband family. It's here they would terribly deal with her.
Inform them and let the family decide.
The family equally have a stake as his parents and siblings. She doesn't own the man. Why didn't the foolish witnesses help her in paying the bills?
Don't be made dumb and blind by useless and misleading religious dogmas. Your family is your family and they are the ones that would stand by you when it's red.

Those useless hypocritical church folks are fair weather friends.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by prophetfire: 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Again, even in Nigeria, marriage law sets a man's family as first his immediate in marriage - the man as defacto guardian to wife and vice versa. undecided

It is pretty much the same everywhere with marriage, except maybe Muslim countries. undecided
. Mr. Man, I know you are a witness supporting religious extrimism.
That woman is in for a rough ride. Especially as she is broke. Why didn't you witnesses pick up the hospital bills of her husband?
When it's bills, you Dodge, but when it's time for decisions taking you corner the woman and mislead her with your dumb extrimism.
The blood of that man is on the head of all of you.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
Did the man mandate her to take such decisions? Can she prove it in writing?
The kind of questions you folks ask never ceases to amaze... undecided

You are told a man along with his wife signed a durable power of attorney refusing blood transfusions, yet you think it wrong for his wife to uphold the man's will? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
. Mr. Man, I know you are a witness supporting religious extrimism.
Get a grip on your mental...I am not a JW nor do I agree with any of their doctrines. undecided

In much the same way, I don't subscribe to any of your many traditions and cultures, so if you can't reasonably attend to this without the ad populums, then I suggest you quit here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by prophetfire: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The kind of questions you folks ask never ceases to amaze... undecided

You are told a man along with his wife signed a durable power of attorney refusing blood transfusions, yet you think it wrong for his wife to uphold the man's will? undecided
The write up didn't say so. Stop telling lies. The woman signed as advised by the extrimist witnesses.
The man wasnt involved in the decision.
Will you kill a man and tell lies against him too?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
The write up didn't say so. Stop telling lies. The woman signed as advised by the extrimist witnesses.
The man wasnt involved in the decision.
Will you kill a man and tell lies against him too?
According to JW belief, there members sign a DPA. https://wol.jw.org/asf/wol/d/r428/lp-aus/1102017532

The man did not become a JW two minutes before his operation abeg! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Psalmistproject: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not according to the Law. undecided
Stop spreading falsehood, you are embarrassing law profession. Mr charge and Bail lawyer.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Obagofixxy: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
MPESA:

The thing really paining me.

Same here ,the matter strong

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Psalmistproject:

Stop spreading falsehood, you are embarrassing law profession. Mr charge and Bail lawyer.
Alright, Tell us! what law says a wife can't sign consent on behalf of her own husband? undecided

Let's start there. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by evy800(f): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=cococandy post=111067008]
I’m curious too because it didn’t get resolved on my shift and when I came back, I was assigned to a different patient in another arm (unit).
HIPAA laws prohibits us from inquiring about information about patients that are not directly under our care.

Ok
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Murphyenemuwe: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
Oga quote that section to back what you said earlier. He don burst u
Lexusgs430:

No point pushing this any further......... I cannot help you anymore.......
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by prophetfire: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
According to JW belief, there members sign a DPA. https://wol.jw.org/asf/wol/d/r428/lp-aus/1102017532

The man did not become a JW two minutes before his operation abeg! undecided
. The law doesn't recognize those jargons on their website.
I recall a woman that refused transfusion for her daughter in Lagos State because she's an extrimist dumb witnesses.
The state government overruled her, took over the baby and almost pressed charges against her.

It hasn't been long it happened. Under this Sanwo Olu government.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Raxxye(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided
But shebi now that the man is no more, she is free to remarry abi?
But the husband's family have lost their son!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by femicyrus(m): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
Should A Wife Be Allowed To Take A Big Decision Without Informing Her In-law?

Good afternoon everybody.i will make this short as possible.

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Note; it was her in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.

Henceforth, any Jehovah witness should keep a reasonable distance from my shadow.

Failure to comply will attract consequences
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by JimmyfixDesigns: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs

Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Balerion: 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not according to the Law. undecided
Is she the next of kin. If she is, she can make the decision

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
Oga quote that section to back what you said earlier. He don burst u

You should go and read he meaning of POA ....... The internet is your oyster.......
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
jikins:

Did you understand what I mean when I said the word most and each case is different?

Since you have the time do well to show me cases where both spouses were JW and the court overruled

You said fully grown adult...... Don't change the narrative.....
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
prophetfire:
. The law doesn't recognize those jargons on their website.
I recall a woman that refused transfusion for her daughter in Lagos State because she's an extrimist dumb witnesses.
The state government overruled her, took over the baby and almost pressed charges against her.

It hasn't been long it happened. Under this Sanwo Olu government.
Your post there contains contradictions. If the law did not recognize what you claim as jargons, the governor would not have had to step in to overrule the situation in that case. undecided

Also, as to your claim that the governor almost pressed charges, I wait to see what he had wanted to charge the woman for since I am not familiar with the case myself. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by medriano: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=Kobojunkiee post=111060596] The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided[/

Are you okay at all? Some of you are so insensitive and do not think before typing trash. It’s easy for some of you cos nor be your blood.
His wife is an idiot. She should have called his family to let them know what the doctor said. Was she the one paying the hospital bills? Yes, she killed her husband. Shey Na she be widow now?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Raxxye:

But shebi now that the man is no more, she is free to remarry abi?
But the husband's family have lost their son!
Sad situation indeed! undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by medriano: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

I wish you are here now to defend her ooooo.....she really needs someone like you.

Hell just broke loose

They should deal with her seriously.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Balerion:
Is she the next of kin. If she is, she can make the decision
She is his defacto next-of-kin unless he specified another. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / 38 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 665 , Discharged 188 , Deaths 22 / How To Conceive A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.