Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50729 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by EteBabaagba222(m): 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
Should A Wife Be Allowed To Take A Big Decision Without Informing Her In-law?

Good afternoon everybody.i will make this short as possible.

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Note; it was her in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.

Hypocrite family, Hypocrite Op, paying hospital bills but they can't stay with der son.

Pple just like to create problems where non exist. Na so one man die and d family was about pushing the wife away claimed she killed our son after 40 years of marriage bc d man get little change, but the woman documented everything and der eyes clear.

Stop bad mouth what you can't bring down.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by phemmyfour: 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs
Lack of knowledge kills...I pity righousness2, he's in the same category
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by NoToPile: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Omoluabi16:
They're that stubborn. Even if the man we're in good shape, he'd rather take a chance dying than doing a blood transfusion.
I don't know why they're trying to blame his wife. How convenient.. didn't they know their brother was a member of the watchtower group and would've eventually made this kinda choices?

Solid points

Very valid question

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Advancedman(m): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Where are the bill payers when the operation was done?
How many person/s sign for the operation initially?
Is it not the ethics of the doctor to ensure total success of their operation in the event of such emergency or as this case.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Advancedman(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Yes......an abia indigene.
They are not taking it likely with her at all.....the whole thing sound ridiculous.

Non of her jehova witness is showing up.....they all left her now.

But they were there and probably watching if she will prove to be a worthy soldier when she was taking the decision according to you oooo.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by grandstar(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345
The wife did not make the decision. Her husband did. She was simply obeying his decision. I am a Jehovah's Witness.

Now imagine it was the wife that needed blood and the husband "rejected"? Was it the husband that made the decision or the wife? This is the same wife that rejected blood transfusion for her husband, knowing fully well the implication?

No Witness wants to die. We are simply following scriptural injunctions to abstain from blood.

We are urged to obey Caeser and we do our utmost in that regard. All Jehovah's Witness working in the headquarters and branches globally are all vaccinated. All our members have been advised to get vaccinated,but not imposed. At the end, it's a personal decision.

We are just only opening our doors to our meetings this April. All our meetings till now have been on Zoom.

However, in the area of blood vaccinations, we will obey God as ruler, rather than man (Read Acts 5:28-29)

To learn why we reject blood transfusion, please visit this link https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-about-blood-transfusion/

You can listen to it as an audio if you prefer.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by emmanuelbrown26: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
irijuola:

So you noticed him too. Thought I was the only one. Very annoying habit.
So so annoying
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs

You are not telling the full story

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
DavidIana:
If this happens to you or your love ones, hope you would be happy to read this your response.
No ad populums welcomed. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
youngibeh:
ARE YOU OK? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Redirect your meaningless emotional attempts at an argument somewhere else abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by grandstar(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Sadly, someone died and that is never easy to accept. undecided

Was the husband also a Jehovah's witness? undecided

Definitely he was. If he was not, she would not impose her belief on him. If the man was not a Jehovah's Witness and had informed the wife that he would accept blood transfusion in the event of an emergency, she would have to comply with his wishes.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Jollos(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Freddonance:

Chief, the doctor is not to blame. The husband was not brought into the hospital unconscious or was it an emergency? He may have been attending clinics. Transfusion may have been discussed with him during clinic visits which he probably may have declined because of his belief.
Consent was taken before the procedure. Procedure was successful. He probably had post operative haemorrhage(most likely reactive) & if that is true, he will still be offered transfusion but in this case, if he is not conscious enough to give consent, his wife will.

The wife is not responsible for the dead either. The husband is responsible for his own dead.

One of some sensible post

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by grandstar(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Gloriagee:
Was the guy a witness or she imposed her beliefs on him?

If he was not a Witness, she would have to obey his wishes.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by NoToPile: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
descartes400:

This is annoying! The jehovah witness people believe that human life begins at conception and therefore do not approve of abortion but yet would decline blood transfusion, organ transplant and donation meant to sustain and the continuance human life the believe begins at conception when medical emergency arises!

It's their doctrine and they belive strongly in it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Sure they are married, wat really happen was that gave birth through CS, thereafter the whole tin requires blood transfusion which the husband JW family was against, she was about to die after waiting for who to sign the medical permit for transfusion, na so my mama cry, vex collect paper sign am, told my sister husband's family that is better for her daughter to b alive in her father's house than dead, she even told dem to come collect back the bride price
Mariangeles:

Are they still married? Your sister and her husband?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by maasoap(m): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not according to the Law. undecided

You are are a joke dear friend. What law? Was it not in Lagos state, Nigeria that a baby was taken away from the care of his/her parents when he/she was sick and needed blood but the parents refused because of this same belief? So, what law are you talking about because definitely not the Nigeria law.

Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, [s] so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did [/s] . undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

She did everything wrong. She didn't have authority to reject blood for her husband based on her belief. What if the husband wanted the blood?
Secondly, she couldn't even afford the hospital bills but could make such life and death decision! That's funny. She should be charged to court and let's find out what the judge will say.
Pecoleee345:

The husband family have gotten the police involved so they are questioning the nurses and doctors.....to be honest everyone is actually against the wife decision.

Good. They shouldn't stop with the police or at the police station, they should charge them all to court and let's see if they did something or not
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by nkemchineke: 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
U dont have sense brother.
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Ishilove: 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
grandstar:
Pecoleee345

No Witness wants to die. We are simply following scriptural injunctions to abstain from blood.

And then when you die, what next? A woman has been widowed and innocent children will grow up fatherless because of foolishness.

https://www.nairaland.com/5621955/lagos-saves-baby-jehovahs-witnesses

This case above is one case where I am very glad the Lagos state government acted with swiftness and firmness.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
Jefferyhi86:
Sure they are married, wat really happen was that gave birth through CS, thereafter the whole tin requires blood transfusion which the husband JW family was against, she was about to die after waiting for who to sign the medical permit for transfusion, na so my mama cry, vex collect paper sign am, told my sister husband's family that is better for her daughter to b alive in her father's house than dead, she even told dem to come collect back the bride price
Nice one
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by maasoap(m): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
thorpido:
Well,the husband was a Jehovah's false witness so he knew what that entails.He indirectly consented to his wife's decision by accepting the JW doctrines.

However,that wife owes the family a big explanation.She ought to have informed his family about the son's health status and treatment before going ahead with the decision.
The man's family should give her heat.

She knew that the family would agree to blood transfusion, that's why she hurriedly signed the paper and didn't wait to tell the family. She didn't care whether the husband die or live
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thorpido(m): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

She knew that the family would agree to blood transfusion, that's why she hurriedly signed the paper and didn't wait to tell the family. She didn't care whether the husband die or live
As long as she obeys the JW doctrine.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by CSTRR: 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
To be fair, scripturally they have a point.

Do not eat blood,the Bible says.
Transfusing blood is not different from eating it.

Now, I am speaking from the perspective of the Bible.
And Christians should not be afraid of death.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by CSTRR: 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

The wife has the first rights over the husband.

Even if all the family gather there, she must agree to it, or nothing will be done.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Jollos(m): 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

U even Used hurriedly, as if is against the wish of the husband.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by iguita: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Totally agree. They should have raised the issue with him before the surgery and given him the option. Such poor choice she made.

I thought the Lagos State Government usually override such beliefs?

Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by omoharry(f): 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Jehovah wickedness...that devilish accultic movement.. pls stay away from them . They can refuse blood transfusion and watch thier love ones die infront of them but they are ready to commit all form of fornicating & adultery in the dark . Bloody hypocrite. Thier leaders have been accused of sexually molesting young children and this cult will sweep everything under the carpet . That is not a religion but a cult .
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by maasoap(m): 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
Jollos:

U even Used hurriedly, as if is against the wish of the husband.

You don't know the wish of the husband but I'm sure that he would have wanted to live. Sometimes, people make decisions for you which otherwise they themselves wouldn't have made for themselves under the same circumstances
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by maasoap(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
CSTRR:

The wife has the first rights over the husband.

Even if all the family gather there, she must agree to it, or nothing will be done.

Lol. And the law has first rights over everyone. Life and death decisions over someone else's life goes beyond the right of being husband or wife. This decision clearly goes against the law.
The last time that some parents tried it in Lagos state, their baby was taken out of their custody ASAP.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by CSTRR: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

Lol. And the law has first rights over everyone. Life and death decisions over someone else's life goes beyond the right of being husband or wife. This decision clearly goes against the law.
The last time that some parents tried it in Lagos state, their baby was taken out of their custody ASAP.
It does not go against the law.
If it did, the hospital would not have honored it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Moches: 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

The husband too is also a jehova witness but he didn't take the decision clearly cause he was semi conscious.

Do you know if the husband have medical instructions to that effect? And the wife is simply carrying them out.

Do you know if the husband assigned his wife as an alternative health care decision maker in the event of him being unconscious?

If the husband did any of this, no court in the world can convict her.
Let's not be carried away by emotions. You don't have all the facts about the issue

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by JethroOU(m): 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Permit me to say that the woman didn't kill her husband. The husband knows too that in his right senses as a Jehovah's Witness, he will not take blood. He may have communicated same to his wife who shares the same scriptural belief with him. If it were to be vise versa, the man wouldn't have allowed his wife take blood.
I know of a woman who before surgery was told to get blood ready, but seeing that she is a Jehovah's Witness, [/b]Heamacell[/b], which is used in place of blood transfusion and works very well was recommended. The husband bought two packs and the woman today is alive. In some instances, after the transfusion, the patient still dies.
Blood transfusion is not a Jehovah's Witnesses thing. It is scriptural from what I have come to understand with them. It is like saying "I won't drink alcohol, but I chose to inject it to my body. What's the difference? They are both going into my body. Similarly, if I can't drink blood but rather chose to transfuse it, what's the difference?
Like someone said, you won't know why a mad man is laughing unless you become mad as well.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by CSTRR: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ishilove:

And then when you die, what next? A woman has been widowed and innocent children will grow up fatherless because of foolishness.

https://www.nairaland.com/5621955/lagos-saves-baby-jehovahs-witnesses

This case above is one case where I am very glad the Lagos state government acted with swiftness and firmness.
I think this case is different because the baby is a minor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos / What Causes This Stain In Pants? (Photos) / Miss Sahhara Undergoes Corrective Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.