Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? (47475 Views)

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by movetoca: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
IronGalaxy:
I'm saying Namibia and Botswana are similar to SA, they're almost extensions to SA. There is South African Batswana and Batswana from Botswana, so the two are basically the same.
Okay
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by darkelf: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
ibechris:

Guy,I am not bragging,just like I said I am much better today because of the level of education and exposure my parents put me through.
I am not poor but your comments is derogatory and lacks substance honestly.

I am only 38 years old from a poor father and mother yet I was able to secure fantastic investment for my children even if I die today,yes! I have 8 landed properties at my age in the Abuja metropolis which is not less than 5million each.

My father didn't build wealth but I am not poor. I earn a million plus in the same Nigeria but try and be responsible with words so that the poor too can have hopes for tomorrow.

Talking irrationally will make u look abnormal.

Avoid talking like this

Remember there is insecurity

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by sageb: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
tutudesz:
Botswana cool 24 hours light, security and employment opportunity too shocked

Seriously?
Binawei, elucidate about living and job opportunities in Botswana.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by Athemisia: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
gibsonwales:
Botswana. You'll never regret it !
Please, kindly share any information you have about life in Botswana for a foreigner.
And also, the cost of living and traveling.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by AbijaJ: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
nahr:

Well I can't say because I haven't lived there but they have better infrastructures and standard of living than Nigeria. By the way how did you arrive at this conclusion? I once had a friend who was from Morocco. She sent me videos of her city and I must say that it was really nice and she said that life over there is good. Why is it the worst place on the continent if I may ask? Have you had any personal experience?

I'll try and answer that question from my experience. By and large, those places (North Africa countries) have better infrastructure than Nigeria (stable electricity, road infrastructure, architecture etc), but all that would amount to little or nothing to you as a foreigner or immigrant if they don't welcome you into their society or if you can't be gainfully employed or survive in their society. They'll use discriminatory policies and their racism to drive you to the point of frustration, sotay all those shinny infrastructure and development won't matter by the time you decide to pack your bags and leave there.

In my experience, good infrastructure we see abroad means nothing if we can't integrate and make a decent living in peace, in a foreign land. You will always feel out of place and unwanted.

6 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by cennedi: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
see below

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by donogaga(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Grass ain't greener elsewhere.... Better perfect your hustle in Nigeria and earn good money using your leverage as a citizen so that you can vacation abroad than to go become 5th class citizens and a stranger where everybody hates you because you are a Nigerian.

This isn't true bro.

I am talking from experience.

By the way, what do you mean by "good money"?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by rayval(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Grass ain't greener elsewhere.... Better perfect your hustle in Nigeria and earn good money using your leverage as a citizen so that you can vacation abroad than to go become 5th class citizens and a stranger where everybody hates you because you are a Nigerian

Hahahaha. I guess you are getting it wrong. People are not leaving Nigeria because they are not making the money in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by rayval(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
well if world war three doesn't happen? anywhere except for Nigeria
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by donogaga(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
rayval:

Hahahaha. I guess you are getting it wrong. People are not leaving Nigeria because they are not making the money in Nigeria.

Exactly.

If you need a better quality of life for you and your family, there is need for you to relocate at once. Don't think twice.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by ibechris(m): 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
darkelf:

Avoid talking like this

Remember there is insecurity

I didn't steal the money and I am not a politician nor a yahoo boy ok?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by CSTRR: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
IronGalaxy:
exaggeration
It happened you clown.
The guy is dead now.

And he has a south african wife.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ghana, Benin republic,kenya,Namibia,Tanzania,I can't advise you about south Africa cos of their xenophobic nature
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by Boss469(m): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
clockwisereport:

Namibia has the highest unemployment rate in the world; Nigeria is second

What's the population of Namibia and Nigeria?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by dealerman(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ruwanda, to best fit into the system, you will need to a setup a small scale business.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by IronGalaxy: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
CSTRR:

It happened you clown.
The guy is dead now.

And he has a south african wife.
Before insulting me and calling me names first read for understanding and leave, bias and sentiments aside. Your insinuating that every Nigerian that goes to SA will be beaten to a coma is a gross exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by lakeside79937: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nigeria
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by Rayklean: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Grass ain't greener elsewhere.... Better perfect your hustle in Nigeria and earn good money using your leverage as a citizen so that you can vacation abroad than to go become 5th class citizens and a stranger where everybody hates you because you are a Nigerian

Well said
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by maths1000: 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Well everbody has their perspective.. I travelled to dubai, Istanbul, Kenya, Ghana, ivory Coast, and other African countries.. Right now im married to a Rwandan woman.. What i will advise you is that if you work remotely and earn 200k and above a month.. There's no need staying in Nigeria as most African countries will offer you good life and quality for ur money lthan Nigeria.. Remember i said if you're working remotely.. Me I'm a software developer.. Currently in kigali Rwanda.. I dont regret it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by caye(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
DropsMic:
Hmm... Just find the least religious Africam country and relocate there.

An ireligious black man is an honest man
But Irreligious could also be non moral in some cases.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by nahr(f): 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
AbijaJ:

I'll try and answer that question from my experience. By and large, those places (North Africa countries) have better infrastructure than Nigeria (stable electricity, road infrastructure, architecture etc), but all that would amount to little or nothing to you as a foreigner or immigrant if they don't welcome you into their society or if you can't be gainfully employed or survive in their society. They'll use discriminatory policies and their racism to drive you to the point of frustration, sotay all those shinny infrastructure and development won't matter by the time you decide to pack your bags and leave there.

In my experience, good infrastructure we see abroad means nothing if we can't integrate and make a decent living in peace, in a foreign land. You will always feel out of place and unwanted.

Okay but if you can adapt easily and endure you should be able to weather these difficulties as long as there is no threat to your life and well-being. One will surely feel out of place but I believe if you are law abiding and you mind your business you shouldn't have a lot of issues. Besides before going abroad or any where for that matter one must ensure that he/she has a solid plan and backup if things don't eventually work out. I am sorry to hear about your experience, are you back in Nigeria?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by caye(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lightway:

The problem is not Nigeria.... The problem is your poor parents that were busy fucccking while other people's parents were hustling to get a better life before giving birth.

If your parents had hustled hard before fucccking each other, you will have had a better life with so many opportunities.

Don't blame the government, blame your poor parents for not giving you the best

Check well.
The writer of this sad words might likely have had parents who stole from the national cake.
Why don't you murder the poor for being in a state of poverty?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by AbijaJ: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
nahr:

Okay but if you can adapt easily and endure you should be able to weather these difficulties as long as there is no threat to your life and well-being. One will surely feel out of place but I believe if you are law abiding and you mind your business you shouldn't have a lot of issues. Besides before going abroad or any where for that matter one must ensure that he/she has a solid plan and backup if things don't eventually work out. I am sorry to hear about your experience, are you back in Nigeria?

As long as your immigration papers are in-tact and you have no problem coping with the challenges that your new host presents, then you should be ok. Personally, I'm not against emigration (it's as old as time itself), but my argument has always been that intended immigrants should do so with sense and not blindly. Do a thorough research about the country you have in mind before making the move, to avoid stories that touch. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by nahr(f): 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
AbijaJ:

As long as your immigration papers are in-tact and you have no problem coping with the challenges that your new host presents, then you should be ok. Personally, I'm not against emigration (it's as old as time itself), but my argument has always been that intended immigrants should do so with sense and not blindly. Do a thorough research about the country you have in mind before making the move, to avoid stories that touch. undecided

Yeah, I agree with this.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
porthouse7:
Botswana spend dollar u mean? country Wey I spend 1 month.... stop misleading people, Botswana spend pula... one of d strongest currency in Africa
we hear. But u nor spend one month. Even if u, nor be achievement
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by porthouse7(f): 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
we hear. But u nor spend one month. Even if u, nor be achievement
I don't care about ur opinion
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by nwadikeokey11: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
olisaEze:
Non! cool
A wall gecko in Nigeria will not transform into an alligator because he left Nigeria. If ure smart ure smart, if ure dull u go just go waste space for another sharp guy wen suppose dey useful to im family for dia! 2023 is around the corner, if u like goan vote for tribe again instead of right, the next eight years fit meet you still singing dis same refrain. grin
Some of you should just stop saying rubbish and discouraging people who want to try their destiny somewhere else. If every body is to follow your wall gecko theory then those Nigerians who were almost miserable when they were living in Nigeria and who are now well know all over the world in those countries they relocated to when Nigeria was suffocating them would never have ventured out at all. Your wall gecko theory is not applicable in relocation because relocation from one place to another means movement and movement means progress, therefore you may never progress unless you move. Just as Nigeria democracy and other countries democracy can never be the same so also Nigeria wall gecko and other countries own can never be the same, because a malnourished wall gecko in Nigeria and a well fed wall gecko in other countries can never be the same, though their names may be the same but their look can never be the same. Those tiny house rats and gutter rats can never be the same, in fact some times people mistake some very big gutter rats for a rabbit. I have seen people who could not feed their family when they were in Nigeria but who started sending money to their family almost immediately they traveled out of Nigeria. So quit discouraging people who want to try else where, if you are comfortable living in Nigeria fine, but please stop talking ill of those that want to move because your destiny and theirs can never be the same.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by BJanta: 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
Bifwoli:
I take exception to "everybody hates because you are Nigerian". Not all 200m Nigerians are hated.

You can say that. Go outside there and feel it, and know what exactly it is.I experienced in common Cotonou here when I went there some years back to buy a car. An okada rider just knowingly intentionally splashed muddy water on me.As I charged to start pound him, my friends ran to hold me back, saying if I tried it they would kill us because they knew from our appearance that we're Nigerians. The guy seeing that I wasn't appeased now turned to attack me. Go out there and see how hot it is. Out of your so-called 200m Nigerians, how would they know the good ones?Even here, how do you identify the good ones?

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by babayinka77(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Obi3icebaba:

Perfect which hustle in Nigeria.. which business do you want to do in Nigeria with diesel selling for almost 1k
And you think diesel is given out free of charge in those countries?
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by PetroDolla2020: 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
FindX:

Remove Ghana from that list.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by PetroDolla2020: 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Tell you people to stay in their country and build their country. why are Nigerians running to other countries?

Yes, prices have gone up lately in Ghana, but people are not being kidnapped on the streets as they do in another country ooh. At least in Ghana you can sleep with your two eyes closed at night. In Ghana, electricity is regular.

I understand nigerians have been queuing for petrol for weeks. can you imagine. the biggest crude producer in Africa. and you call this a serious country? I will pick Ghana over Nigeria any day

kayo8080:

Lol. This made me laugh. I have a friend there right now that's always complaining to me how expensive things are in Ghana. I still sent him money some weeks back.
Re: Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? by Angel55555(m): 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=nahr post=111115619]

Well I can't say because I haven't lived there but they have better infrastructures and standard of living than Nigeria. By the way how did you arrive at this conclusion? I once had a friend who was from Morocco. She sent me videos of her city and I must say that it was really nice and she said that life over there is good. Why is it the worst place on the continent if I may ask? Have you had any personal experience?
I agree that the standard of living over there is higher than that of Nigerian which is because of our high population rate, corruption and high illiteracy rate, however if the South West were an independent country trust me our standard of living would be much higher than most Northern
African countries that you mentioned.

Secondly the only reason you think their infrastructure is better than what we have here is because they don't have population overload on basic infrastructures, for example in Morocco, a hospital may only accommodate 100 people where as in Nigeria that same hospital may accommodate up to 1000 people leading to over load.
Thirdly I don't agree with the fact that you said their country is finer than ours or something. If you've been to some parts of lagos, Abuja or River state you might reconsider saying that, besides your friend might have lived in a posh place, trust me slums are over there too so you won't expect her to show you the whole city properly just the fine places.
Lastly its not advisable to move to most North Africa countries due to high level of racism, majority of them are whites who don't rate us. They would rather associate with those people from the middle east, it's a known fact. Plus the Sharia law is practised in almost all the countries in that region so the freedom we enjoy here in Nigeria, especially the southern part is virtually unlimited compared to what you would enjoy over there because of their Islamic laws that's why you rarely see people relocating to those countries unless they're core Muslims who can live by their rules plus don't get me started on insurgency and insecurity lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma / World's Happiest Countries For 2022 / Man Takes Selfie After Accident, Gives Thanks To God For Survival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.