Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship (38870 Views)

How A Bank Ruined My Relationship. / Masturbation Has Ruined My Life / Chai A Man Just Ruined My Toasting Life ........HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Robisky001(m): 9:51am On Mar 20, 2022
This my gender and women's issues in Nairaland is appealing and becoming unbecoming. Any small issues, you guys will run to nairaland and create a thread. Is it that, Seun is paying you guys for creating senseless thread or you guys just feel like creating them. Another thing, is that the women you and your likes always complained about on this forum aren't nairalanders themselves? What if they stumble upon the thread and all that? Well, she nothing concerned me.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2022
You have not said anything.

What is the reason your babe gave for breaking up with you?
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by medeludo(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2022
yanabasee:
You are planning on getting married this year and you're still eating your mother's food......

Call your girl back, reconcile with her and move out of your mother's sight/house..... Rent a self/contain and start your life with her....

Don't ever lose a good woman oh..... I am telling you from experience.

Best answer ever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by pmc01(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2022
Evergreen4:
This one mama still dey use him head.

Biko what kind of business are you into. I thinking of a business to venture into . Thank you

Trade agro commodities
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by ShenTeh(m): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:
I'm an only son and in relationship with a lady I love so much.
We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months.

Like you, I started dating my wife from school, which was fully funded by my mum. Initially, she liked my girlfriend, because my mum often trusted my judgement, until my sisters began influencing her.

I stood my ground. It was my resolve that convinced everyone. In fact, the more they warred, the more I felt the need to protect her. I did my best to defray all the attacks because no one gave me any cogent reason for their irrational dislike.

Interestingly, a similar thing was happening in her own family. The first day the parents saw me, having come to see a sick relation of theirs in the university city we were in, and we went to see them together, my wife's mum openly told her how 'of all the men in the world it was this ugly one with a big head she was wasting her time with'. I almost died! But my wife kept saying, "don't worry about my parents, they'd come around" (we still laugh about this statement often).

Today, I am an integral part of my in-law's lives. Also, my mum is late, today I am the one with my wife- my life. Thank God I stood with the choice I made. Thank God for our resolve. We are both key players in the other's larger family.

Marriage is tough. If you don't make your choice out of deep conviction, you would have a ready excuse to blame someone else for the challenges ahead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by 2elliot: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I always try to wonder and understand why you folks allow your parent or mother have a say in your marriage life...
Why give her that space to even have the audacity to call your girl out whenever there's an issue that can be trashed out..

If you like don't stand your ground and be a man..leave her to ruin your life affair cos of her attitude..it's disgusting at the same time nonsense..let me not talk.. undecided

Modified:you already broke up? look go back to that lady and apologise..as for ya momma don't she or you have a house of her/your own? why on Earth is/are she/you still residing with you/her...give yourself/her some privacy..go get her/yourself an apartment and apologise to that innocent lady you hurt..you know what you want for yourself..stand for it and let no mere being have a say in your life...

Just because of one Nigerian girl he dated 4years and 8months that's why you want him to disrespect his mom? Chai! Na why. Girl friend who can leave you right in the alter on your wedding day or 99th birthday you are ranting all this one?
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2022
2elliot:
Just because of one Nigerian girl he dated 4years and 8months that's why you want him to disrespect his mom? Chai! Na why. Girl friend who can leave you right in the alter on your wedding day or 99th birthday you are ranting all this one?
Bunch of nonsense.. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by issylarry(m): 10:03am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.
You are still a boy , not a man ...mummy’s boy.if u don’t create boundaries h will end up loosing your helper . Even if your girl serves her wholeheartedly,she won’t be pleased because no one can please human .Even people still complains to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Shopwiiser: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2022
Lemme guess .. your lady is Yoruba and you are igbo... Your mommy is avoiding you been with a Yoruba woman. Lol
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by derecho(m): 10:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Sorry, if your story is true.
The Topic should have read: She Left Me after 4yrs and 8months

And
Please reexamine the meaning of "someone loving you unconditionally".
daifeanyi68844:

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Codeye(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2022
Omo mommy case. I have dated more than 6 girls none had ever seen my mother or call and we all in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by thedio(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2022
Guy ur mum believe u r still the same baby she nursed some years ago,she underate ur sense of reasoning probably cos u always say yes ma.
She belives u can't seat and make ur decision so the little u r trying to make now is from that girl thinking faculty .
Before u go back to that girl make sure u let ur mum know u r now a man. Seat r down, talk to her and teach her about life,if possible show her some her lapses,mistakes and how it affect u and ur siblings.
Do u know why this is necessary she will hate that girl more if u move out of the house cos she will think that girl is manipulating u and she will soon collect ur remove control from her because u are a dumb-ass nigga who can't reason on his own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by gabicon: 10:14am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Sometimes mother's have the best intentions for their children, but sometimes best intentions are not right intentions. As it stands, your mother thinks she owns you, and that is a position no human being should have over another. The crux of the whole thing is that, there has to be some boundaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by derecho(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2022
It's likely to be the other way round. Though, not mentioned anywhere but the only hint is "when she moved to Lagos" suggesting she's not a Lagosian.
Shopwiiser:
Lemme guess .. your lady is Yoruba and you are igbo... Your mommy is avoiding you been with a Yoruba woman. Lol
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2022
yanabasee:
You are planning on getting married this year and you're still eating your mother's food......

Call your girl back, reconcile with her and move out of your mother's sight/house..... Rent a self/contain and start your life with her....

Eyaah... I felt that line of yours.
Its better imagined or heard , than experienced.
You might not get a second good woman.

Nice advise to him in the 2nd paragraph BTW.

Thank God I'm not ready for love or relationships right now. But I know the time will come. I wish it would not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Chynx(m): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2022
Finally, na women be women problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Fxwarrior: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Your mum is toxic. No man tolerates a toxic wife. Have you found why your dad separated from her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by SandraIkuboR(f): 10:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Omotosho1090905(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Make I tell you how to first let your mom understands your no more a baby, since you live together keep a growing hair for months till she start complaining about it when it gets too much make a realise you have a plan towards it and hear what she will say as for your girlfriend leave her for now concentrate on your life if your both meant to be together trust me it will happen
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Munzy14(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

I am advising you from a male angle...Go and get your girl...She didn't leave, show her you have a mind of your own..Go after her, she will never forget you for this move.

Leave your mom, she will be fine...Go and rent even if na one room apartment, for your peace...Start your life with a woman of your dream and youth.

Your mom will be fine las las..

She is seperated, she is a scorned woman, and must take her pound of flesh if you give room for that.

Don't lose your good woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally,she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

@Bolded
If she TRULY does, she STAYS. What does she think MARRIAGE COMES with? Shoe gbengben Bata yahoo? Smh earlier better she understands what may
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Munzy14(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Chynx:
Finally, na women be women problem.
No be today na.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by frozen70(f): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Sorry about that nonsense situation

For now, just be calm, don't exchange any careless words with her, just keep your girl in the relationship and keep watching your mum to know what her reaction is for

You can seat your mum down and ask her what she doesn't like about your girl

Listen to her, let her know that dating her gives you peace of mind and you want her to appreciate her

With time, things will turn out good for both of you but follow mum with caution

At least your mum never said don't marry her

Then you just have to remind your mum that, she is the one to look after her at old age
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by iLegendd(m): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2022
You're still under mommy's control with less cash and you're talking of marriage. Even Burna Boy with all the money is taking his time.

Nigerians and impatience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Lifeangel(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2022
You made mistakes. You knew who your mum is and still mumushly bring the lady to her. From your post i perceived your mum has domineering spirit hence your father saw this and japa. Solution is that go and get personal accommodation and leave her to her apartment. As the only son refuse to become mummy pet. Secondly,speak to the lady and make her to understand how much you love and care.If you successfully win her over again,tell ger to block your mum's phone number to avoid any wahala from her end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by wirinet(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2022
yanabasee:

Nothing more to add.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by soluwunmi(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2022
Personally, I think it would be better for you to relax and ask yourself deep questions first. It is good to be your own not just so that your mother will not be the boss of you but in life generally.
Find out what truly happened, ask your mother questions along this lines and if the answers are not satisfactory be cautious, also ask your girl if this and other questions is what truly led to the breakup, do not judge a person's true intention and personality by how much help they have rendered to you, even though that matters too, and no matter what try not to bite the finger that fed you but look at the picture as a whole. Do not be in a rush to judge or condemn, when you are certain about what the true circumstance is ,take action.,or sort advice based on that, otherwise you'll take action on hasty decisions.
Cheers
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Beremx(f): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Beremx thanks for explaining to that boy..hope you are doing great? smiley
very well my sister. Don’t mind that redpiller. Shameless boys that call their mothers despicable names.

Happy Sunday to you jare
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by baba4thegehs: 10:33am On Mar 20, 2022
All this mummy boys. grin grin

Nonsense!!

Adults that allow families intrude their private life and decisions, disgusting!

Man up abeg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Kenturkey048(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2022
Karleb:

grin grin

My mum is in a way like this. She makes people think I'm the mummy's boy but In fact, she's the boy's mummy.

My mama knows her place tho.
Even my mom. People do call her my wife..But she doesn't cross her boundary. She leaves me to my relationship...

She know say her son na Coordinated mad man. So she know floors to step on around me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Killed Your Feelings For Someone You Were Madly In Love With? / He Met His Girlfriend In His Friend's Room / Crazy Ways To Spark Up Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.