Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship (38906 Views)

How A Bank Ruined My Relationship. / Masturbation Has Ruined My Life / Chai A Man Just Ruined My Toasting Life ........HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by NickD(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:
I'm an only son and in relationship with a lady I love so much.

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.
Bro better go after her, don't let your mum ruin your relationship. Man Up. Your mum will keep treating you as a kid if she sees you as weak. That doesn't mean you should disregard her or not give her the respect she deserves as a mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by medriano: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Go and get back your girl. Good girls see hard to find these days. Do all you can and make up.
As for your mum, put her in her place and tell her respectfully to stay away from your relationship. If she doesn’t, have greater her you’ll move out of the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by naijainform: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2022
The reason your dad separated from your mum has come to play in your life.
Your just seeing part of what your father saw. anyways you allowed her have a say in your relationship. thanks to God the innocent girl did not marry you, she for suffer in the hands of your mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Mmaoku: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.

Only God and a mother loves unconditionally. You just set your mum up for drags here because of a girlfriend you are not married to.
Marriage is not a child's play, it doesn't require love alone.
When you are ready for marriage, everything will fall in place including your mum and your woman.
Don't let emotions take the better part of your reasoning..
Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Felabag: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2022
embarassed
Artzdanielsz:

I see why father have to jakpa from your mother,
Fool! Have you heard the full story don't just jump into conclusion.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Felabag: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

A part may seem right in the eye of a child but in the evening it get wrong.
Getting married is not an issue, do you have the financial capability to take care of 5extra people. How's your spiritual life and that of your ex. Have sat to understand the reasons your mom is doing this. All I see is a clueless man that's trailing the wrong part. Adore your single mother she's your hero cos you would be nobody without her.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by teoiyalla(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
Fyn myself almost same situation...my mom did worse than your mom sef...went spiritual to turn the babe face away against me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by dmostcheerful(f): 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
oneolajire:

I don't need you to accept my opinion, in which I made sense all through.

Give your own pieces of advice if you can.

Get a mother who is a witch and a sadist and make her your adviser, make her a regular part of your home and expect peace in your home.

You are a kind of person who come to cry adult cry on nairaland, after enjoying private premium tears.
I don't think I mean an insult but if you see it that way no problem.
I have no reason to validate my happiness on social media, I barely pin point where I think you made a mistake.
By the way there is nothing like a mother who a witch or what so ever, being a mother myself, I believe no one will love you more than your parents, I don't know where you grew from or the kind of family you have.
Cutting out ones mum because they are over protective is a no no for me.
It's only natural that even as an adult your parents still passives you as a child, truly you are they child, it is only left for you to make an impact and let them know you have grown enough to make your own decisions, have your own family and leave your own life and they have little or nothing to interfere in your life.
Like I stated above the earlier days of my marriage was a bit hellish due to mother in-law bruhaha, my husband cut her off, after being a mother myself, I now understand why she was like that because as far as your mum is concern no one can love you as much as she does, so I had to build bridges, right now she respects and love me alot because she have come to term that her son loves me and much as he loves her.
The problem here, if I am to say is the young man, he haven't stand his ground as a man to draw a line, when he do his mum will get it.
Shalom
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

You are not ripe for marriage, you are still a boy. Marriage is for men. When you become a man, you will know where to place your mother and wife in the scheme of things .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by ChoCho54(f): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
Pussyassasin:
Comrade leave your mum's house for her, must they tell you everything?
Small secret, you can't keep.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Norse36: 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
You take lessons from a person who lives by example regardless of how close they are to you .

Your mama wey separate from ur papa naim u dey allow make she tell u what to do ODE
I pray that ur girl finds a man who can defend her and love her unconditionally.

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Munzy14(m): 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
Cyphar:
My mom was trying to be in control of my life one time like that. Im the first child and first son. Yet she treats and talk to me like im the last born. angry She respects my younger ones more.
Got to a point she starts dictating the kind of woman i must love and the kind i should not have anything to do with. My dad fought her several times because of this attitude of hers to me.

But now my mum no longer behave that way. Why, because i had to sit her down then let her see reasons im no longer a baby grin

I even had to relocate to another state just because of this issue.

Thank God for my mum now.

All she does now is support all i do with prayers and that is enough.

You made her understand you are the man.. cheesy

Nice One.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TheWolfen(m): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2022
EagleNest:

Why disturbing God for a simple problem. Like someone has tried many times to correct you, it is not everything your parents says is right!
Don't ever forget it. Always remember they are human. If I had listened to all that my parents and grandparents says, in the name of me being obedient and respectful, I would have made some serious error of marriage.

When it comes to marriage, don't pander too much to opinions if you already have seen some good quality in the person. Reasonable and sound people are very scarce these days. Don't throw away such opportunity just to satisfy parents.

I didn't say everything parents says is right.
Like I maintained.
It is good to seek for wisdom to navigate through the journeys of life. ..
Parent aren't perfect. They humans just like u. It won't be bad soliciting for help from an higher being or source...

Pls read my response to op on this this issue
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by AbujaCitiBlog: 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Don't cut ties with your parents because of any girl. I support your love for your girl. Any girl who supports with money is wife material.

But the duty of bringing your mum on board belongs to you.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by rollywise(m): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
Same mother that couldn't keep her marriage to your father is ruining yours and you are talking like your hands and legs are tied. If you truly love her and ready for marriage like you claim, get an apartment and move away from your mother. That act alone commands RESPECT. Then you can begin to plan your marriage from there. Else just tell me you tired of the babe already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by phemmyfour: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Why are you still living with your mum? Get your own apartment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Ekugbeh(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

lol. My mom doesn't want me to marry from a particular tribe. Mehn, wen I change am for her nobody tell her. I threaten cut ties with her except Money, buh wouldn't see me.
Lol. Her body cool like ice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by ProphetJeroboam: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Women see in women what men don’t see.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Ishilove: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
I hope you marry your mum. You people allow a 3rd party to manipulate you into taking that person that loves you so much for granted, and then turn round to start lamenting.

Keep taking that special person for granted because you don't know the value of what you have till you lose it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by GloriousGbola: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ishilove:
I hope you marry your mum. You people allow a 3rd party to manipulate you into taking that person that loves you so much for granted, and then turn round to start lamenting.

Keep taking that special person for granted because you don't know the value of what you have till you lose it.

Have to agree.

Some mums ehn. Esp those who have built their lives around their sons. Na the wife go hear am

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by SunMusk(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Cock and bull story...... Y u break up with her, nd there is nothing like she lo me unconditionally
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by deavicky(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I always try to wonder and understand why you folks allow your parent or mother have a say in your marriage life...
Why give her that space to even have the audacity to call your girl out whenever there's an issue that can be trashed out..

If you like don't stand your ground and be a man..leave her to ruin your life affair cos of her attitude..it's disgusting at the same time nonsense..let me not talk.. undecided

Modified:you already broke up? look go back to that lady and apologise..as for ya momma don't she or you have a house of her/your own? why on Earth is/are she/you still residing with you/her...give yourself/her some privacy..go get her/yourself an apartment and apologise to that innocent lady you hurt..you know what you want for yourself..stand for it and let no mere being have a say in your life...

what do u expect from a man that chose to stay with his mother after separation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Artzdanielsz(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
Felabag:
embarassed Fool! Have you heard the full story don't just jump into conclusion.
Kid move away, I won't give you the satisfaction of replying u again
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by smasher1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
yanabasee:
You are planning on getting married this year and you're still eating your mother's food......

Call your girl back, reconcile with her and move out of your mother's sight/house..... Rent a self/contain and start your life with her....

Don't ever lose a good woman oh..... I am telling you from experience.

Good women are not many. it's hard for anyone to come across two in a lifetime that truly love you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
Suspect1:
But if it were thegidredpillar that posted this kindda stuff,you would want to strangle him already...

Some parent are natuarally wicked! Or should i say it's because they are ageing.

anyways the meme for u and me below.
Nobody said some parents are not wicked.

The profanity was too much, it showed someone with so much rage ,hate and bitterness. If someone can call his own widowed mother such demeaning words, imagine what he will do to another person's daughter.That was my focus. Go through his post you only see hatred , disdain and bitterness towards all women. He allowed his trauma to rub off on every other person out there as if na we cause he misery.

People have been through worse than that and didn't need to stoop that low. What that guy needs is a team of psychiatrists , therapist and councellors. Make we dey see truth dey talk am sometimes make devil shame.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Kingmelly(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
How will you allow your mom live in your house and you want to have a good relationship with your babe.... You don't know women are jealous and your mom won't want to share you with her.. Nawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Let me be blunt ,your mother is sperated and she sees how you treat your gf, then she says "I never got treated like this " ,your father never did this for me" , then envy and jealousy creeps in. She feels she will loose her son to another woman who will be treated better than her husband ever did.

Go and stay on your own if you want to get married to that lady. That's the only way out of this.

Atleast you know already she will be one of those "mother in-laws". Na jealousy dey do your mama. Nothing else.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Yxxx: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hope you gave her back her 200k before or after the breakup. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by victorazy(m): 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

grin you no love her grin

I be only son of lone mother too, dated my now wife for years too grin you see we r similar but am diff from you because I never gave my mom chance to my relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by pfadom: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
What do you expect from a woman (mother) who could not manage her home to enjoy the pleasure of matrimony. Most unfortunate women don't love to see another woman enjoy what nature, circumstance or self denies them.

Man, you created the problem for your girlfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by T3ndrils: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
You are a complete weakling—you hold no masculine frame. You don't even deserve that female so don't even bother making amends with her let her go into the arms of a strong masculine firmed man who doesn't take poor stupid attitude from anyone—including his mother.

Don't make amends with the female as you are still a complete wreak of a toddler that hasn't grown a single backbone to be able to stand for himself—you are probably too weak to raise a good family with the girl (so better throw away marriage with the nice girl and marry your mum instead).

Continue to allow your mother to control your life—females like your ex don't need mummy's boys like you, they need a strong masculine figure so that there soft feminine love can blossom.

You dey there dey yarn trash, if my mother tried this, I would've cut ties with her since.

I'm an only son too

daifeanyi68844:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Twin Sisters Getting Married Same Day / Crazy Ways To Spark Up Your Relationship / He Met His Girlfriend In His Friend's Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.