Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

I Am Sorry. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Sorry. (24870 Views)

‘sorry, It Was A Mistake’ – Wife Caught By Hubby With Side Dude In Their Room / Amaka Am Sorry Please. / Ladies Am Sorry For Leaking Your Secret On Nairaland PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Make una stop to dey try to belittle God by dragging His name and that which concerns Him down to the muck wey una dey dwell abeg. undecided

Unlike the lies your Pastors and mogs have fed you by way of doctrines and traditions, the reason we are meant to ask for forgiveness from God when we sin against Him, this after we have apologized to those we wrong and also apologized to those who feel wronged by us, is because when you break his law in sin/disobedience, you do so in violation of the agreement you made to live your life in complete obedience of His Covenant and Law. undecided

Afise ni fun e ko ma argue and contradict unnecessarily.
Re: I Am Sorry. by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:
Afise ni fun e ko ma argue and contradict unnecessarily.
Again, stop dragging God's mention down into the muck that is your opinion abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, stop dragging God's mention down into the muck that is your opinion abeg. undecided

I am so sorry for doing that. Please forgive me. Oro e gba suru.
Re: I Am Sorry. by Akagbe(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
AM SORRY LORD THAT WHAT I CAN SAY
Re: I Am Sorry. by DSC7: 12:03am On Mar 21, 2022
Nice write up......

Even when you offend me I don't hesitate to say I Am Sorry just for peace to reign....

Life na Drama,,,

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by NOwazobia: 12:14am On Mar 21, 2022
... when you are not wrong... is where I got offended. It implies you are actually wrong.
Re: I Am Sorry. by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Why this dumbass thread on front page?
Re: I Am Sorry. by Norse36: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2022
Some people no deserve sorry but they're never sorry

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: I Am Sorry. by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Okay I got it

I know what I'm supposed to say when I'm supposed to say it, thank you
Re: I Am Sorry. by Saint1960: 1:01am On Mar 21, 2022
Toks2008:
These three words so simple yet so difficult.

These three words can make this world so beautiful, can prevent wars, can prevent break ups, can mend a broken heart... I can go on and on to elucidate on how powerful these three simple words can be. In fact, these are the most powerful words in the world.

Saying "I'm sorry" does not diminish your self worth, it does not mean you are weak or incompetent and you don't have to feel humiliated when you say i am sorry.

We all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect and this is why believers in GOD always ask for forgivesness from him every now and then so if we can be humble enough to admit how weak we are and ask for forgiveness from him then why do we feel we are perfect towards a fellow human?

The take home here is that emotionally strong people with very healthy self esteem do not find it difficult to say sorry but in actual fact, when you find it difficult to say I AM SORRY, it is a strong sign that something is wrong with you and you definitely have a very low self esteem.

Now here is the shocker... Do you know that saying i am sorry is not only when you are convinced you have done wrong?... In fact when you have no clue of what you did wrongly, you should still apologize if people tell you they are offended by what you did to them even when you believe you are absolutely innocent.

So i have pondered over these words in relation to human interaction and i have come to this conclusion...

That until you mature to the point where you are able to say these three words to anyone who tells you that h/she is offended by your actions or in-actions without trying to explain to them why they should not be offended or defend your actions, you should never bother going into any purposeful union be it friendship, dating or marriage.

Learn to sincerely say i am sorry even when you are not wrong and you will live peacefully with anybody.

Hope this helps.

Being sorry all the time makes you look weak trust me
Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 1:09am On Mar 21, 2022
Saint1960:

Being sorry all the time makes you look weak trust me

I disagree. Not that you will go about singing sorry to everyone.

1. Try to avoid saying it at all by maintaining proper decorum with people.

2. But if at any point people tell
you they are offended by you, just apologize and have peace.

Trying to explain yourself or defend your action is even more stressful and mentally draining. Just apologize for the sake of your own mental health.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by tollyboy5(m): 1:33am On Mar 21, 2022
I've cut so many people off because of not saying this three words.
Re: I Am Sorry. by abbey621(m): 1:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Quick to say sorry actually makes you lack self respect. It is more common with simps and women. For women, they are taught at young age to be polite even when they did nothing wrong, sorry for being fat, sorry for having an opinion, sorry for not being pretty enough etc. For guys it is a way of over compensating for their lack of confidence. Now now, there's nothing wrong with saying sorry when you're wrong but when you do it just to avoid argument or to please everyone then you become an easy target for bullying, walkover etc.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:29am On Mar 21, 2022
I'm sorry " can also be misused in today's reality.

Don't get it twisted!
Re: I Am Sorry. by beejay85: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2022
Toks2008:
These three words so simple yet so difficult.

These three words can make this world so beautiful, can prevent wars, can prevent break ups, can mend a broken heart... I can go on and on to elucidate on how powerful these three simple words can be. In fact, these are the most powerful words in the world.

Saying "I'm sorry" does not diminish your self worth, it does not mean you are weak or incompetent and you don't have to feel humiliated when you say i am sorry.

We all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect and this is why believers in GOD always ask for forgivesness from him every now and then so if we can be humble enough to admit how weak we are and ask for forgiveness from him then why do we feel we are perfect towards a fellow human?

The take home here is that emotionally strong people with very healthy self esteem do not find it difficult to say sorry but in actual fact, when you find it difficult to say I AM SORRY, it is a strong sign that something is wrong with you and you definitely have a very low self esteem.

Now here is the shocker... Do you know that saying i am sorry is not only when you are convinced you have done wrong?... In fact when you have no clue of what you did wrongly, you should still apologize if people tell you they are offended by what you did to them even when you believe you are absolutely innocent.

So i have pondered over these words in relation to human interaction and i have come to this conclusion...

That until you mature to the point where you are able to say these three words to anyone who tells you that h/she is offended by your actions or in-actions without trying to explain to them why they should not be offended or defend your actions, you should never bother going into any purposeful union be it friendship, dating or marriage.

Learn to sincerely say i am sorry even when you are not wrong and you will live peacefully with anybody.

Hope this helps.
In the game of Power,the use of 'i am sorry' clearly depicts weakness...
It removes the aura invincibility..
The powerful only 'Regrets a situation happen' even they perpetual damning evil but will never say sorry...
When the Russia Ukraine dust settles,all you will hear Russia say is we regret the disaster in Ukraine happened in the first place grin
Re: I Am Sorry. by Chibuchris: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2022
This is the one thing I learnt from my ex. "i am sorry".
since then it has been so easy for me,

if I offend you I will apologize immediately I don't see it as a big deal no more,

no matter how you want to prolong the fight, The way I will apologize to you,you self go tire for the fight

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by osadogan1(f): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2022
In my own opinion saying was never a issue but sorry doesn’t work for everything imagine you kill someone’s child and you bow down in tears and said sorry did you think you will be forgiven

Or someone smashed a heavy stone on your child and say sorry will you accept it and let it slide
My reason of using child as example is that no parent accept sorry when it comes to their children
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 10:32am On Mar 21, 2022
osadogan1:
In my own opinion saying was never a issue but sorry doesn’t work for everything imagine you kill someone’s child and you bow down in tears and said sorry did you think you will be forgiven

Or someone smashed a heavy stone on your child and say sorry will you accept it and let it slide
My reason of using child as example is that no parent accept sorry when it comes to their children
I rest my case

Every action has a consequence. The law must take its course. Sorry no dey for law Court.

We are talking about human relationship not commiting a crime against the law.
Re: I Am Sorry. by Amhappy(f): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2022
Very nice piece
Re: I Am Sorry. by Amhappy(f): 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
abbey621:
Quick to say sorry actually makes you lack self respect. It is more common with simps and women. For women, they are taught at young age to be polite even when they did nothing wrong, sorry for being fat, sorry for having an opinion, sorry for not being pretty enough etc. For guys it is a way of over compensating for their lack of confidence. Now now, there's nothing wrong with saying sorry when you're wrong but when you do it just to avoid argument or to please everyone then you become an easy target for bullying, walkover etc.

This is so correct. When you always have to say sorry for things you had no control over,you can lose your self-esteem. I had this boyfriend then that I have to apologize for everything even breathing. He's always finding fault. I didn't know it was a clear sign that uncle is tired of the relationship. I became a shadow of myself and was gradually losing my confidence till the day a friend confronted my stupidity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Need To 'Test' To Trust Your Partner? / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / 15 Coded Runz Girls On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.